Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 35
Re: New Bluray / Atlántic City 89
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 25, 2020 18:06

smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-29 20:22 by mariano.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2020 18:10

mick64

when announced by Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Soon: Steel Wheels Live - Release date: 25-Sep-2020 .... smiling smiley

6-Disc Deluxe (174 mins): [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.de]

BR+2CD (152 mins): [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp]

DVD+2CD (152 mins): [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.de]

1BR: [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.de]

1DVD: [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.de]

4LP Vinyl (Color): [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.com] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.de]

4LP Vinyl (Black): [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.de]

Picture Disc 10", RSD: [www.Amazon.de]

See also here: [iorr.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-30 10:30 by Irix.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 25, 2020 18:14

Cooltoplady
deardoctor
24FPS
More Hot Rocks
TumblinDice76
More Hot Rocks-When you said yesterday you preferred '06 to '89 I was surprised because I think '05'06 was bar none the worst Stones tour/shows ever. Or at least the med West shows were blah to say the least. I went and looked at the '06 setlist! Man, talk about an interesting and fun setlist! No wonder you preferred '06 She Was Hot and She's So Cold in the same show!

I cant say how great it was. After seeing them about 45 times I would say this was in the top 3. This was a few day soon after the death of Micks father and it was a makeup date. Maybe Mick wanted to give the people and his father something a special thank you. I've talked to other people that was at the 2006 show and they said the same thing.

I saw a good show in 2006. I should say it was a good Mick show. It was a makeup date, the day before Thanksgiving at Dodger Stadium. Mick had been ill and postponed from the original date. He also seemed like he wanted to make up for it. It was the first time in 10 Stones concerts that I witnessed him being 'on'. I saw Keith and Charlie murder the audience in '99 in Anaheim. I can't say the 2006 concert was a great Stones concert. It was more of a dazzling light and sound experience, with Mick all over the place.

I saw every Europe-Tour since 1990.
Worst: 2007, 2006, 2018

The autum US shows in 2006 were interesting songwise but never got the energy of 1989

But I only compared the boots and got no personal experiences in US-shows

Im sick and tired people shows by the quality of a boot. What wrong with you people.

Keep being sick and tired of people judging things by the quality of a bootleg. What you either fail to understand or refuse to understand is the quality of a bootleg doesn't hide:

bad/wrong notes
bad performances

What I saw at the show in New Orleans in 2019 when Keith slaughtered Gimme Shelter I have watched several times on YouTube and guess what!!!???

It sounds exactly the same as what I heard: Keith slaughtering Gimme Shelter!

Because my ears can HEAR it.

Stop the fake complaining.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 25, 2020 18:14

Irix
mick64

Soon - [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.fr] .... smiling smiley

Steel Wheels Live: 6-Disc (174 mins), 3-Disc (152 mins), 25-Sep-2020.

$99.99
Steel Wheels Live (Live From Atlantic City, NJ, 1989) [3CD/2DVD/Blu-ray Deluxe Edition]
Deluxe Edition
[www.amazon.com]
Guess, similar price ~100-120 Euros will be for EU.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2020 18:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-29 19:30 by Irix.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 25, 2020 19:14

This really will NOT be worth a hundred bucks to me.

Just thought I would throw that in.

jb

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 19:48

It will probably be a little cheaper closer to the release date, it’s a must buy for me, really interested in what the track list for Disc 3 will be

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 25, 2020 21:41

pretty strange (and stupid) to release two deluxe boxes within just one month!

Date: July 25, 2020 21:48

Stupid?

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 22:01

Why is it stupid? Why not have 3 releases in a month? Good for the fans,
Springsteen releases a live archive show every month, they could do that too

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 25, 2020 22:09

Why would someone call this stupid?

Date: July 25, 2020 22:42

artinis1

In the end it's the casual fans who decide if a release is success. And I'm not sure if these folks are willing to spend their money on two deluxe box being released at the same time.
To cash in it might be more vice to have some month pause between two major releases

Date: July 26, 2020 09:38

slewan
artinis1

In the end it's the casual fans who decide if a release is success. And I'm not sure if these folks are willing to spend their money on two deluxe box being released at the same time.
To cash in it might be more vice to have some month pause between two major releases

Can you currently buy:
all the studio albums?
all the live albums?
all the compilations?

Yes, yes and yes.

What's the issue? If someone doesn't want to buy it when it comes out they get it later. I've done that often.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 26, 2020 15:56

I do wonder about some of the ‘fans’ on here! You don’t have to buy it and if you have streaming anyway you can hear it for free. Keep smiling!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2020 21:47

Strange thing though: In the eighties and nineties when I really wanted this stuff - it wasn't available. During the eighties they released one lp of live recordings. That was it.
Now they are pouring things out. But 30 years have passed and it's not really the same thing anymore. Had they released this one in 1990 I would have bought it first day of
release in my record store (do you remember those?).

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 26, 2020 22:26

Stoneage
Strange thing though: In the eighties and nineties when I really wanted this stuff - it wasn't available. During the eighties they released one lp of live recordings. That was it.
Now they are pouring things out. But 30 years have passed and it's not really the same thing anymore. Had they released this one in 1990 I would have bought it first day of

Record stores are still the way to go!

3 bottles of vino Into your local record store at Christmas will ensure year round favours. A lot of the records I’ve bought Over the last 10 years were second hand held behind the counter for me to have a first look.

Record stores were like a second home in the 80s and 90s.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 26, 2020 23:20

flairville
I do wonder about some of the ‘fans’ on here! You don’t have to buy it and if you have streaming anyway you can hear it for free. Keep smiling!

Agree!

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: July 26, 2020 23:35

GasLightStreet
slewan
artinis1

Can you currently buy:
all the studio albums?
all the live albums?
all the compilations?

Yes, yes and yes.

What's the issue? If someone doesn't want to buy it when it comes out they get it later. I've done that often.

No some stuff is out of print - and gets very pricy. I would like to have the Miss You 12" on CD / flac (I have the itunes files).

Date: July 26, 2020 23:47

Stoneage

in those days Singing Pig's Atlantic City release was piled up in normal record stores (at least in Germany). (these bootlegs weren't sold under the table in those days)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 23:47 by slewan.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 27, 2020 00:06

leteyer
Stoneage
Which concert you liked or not is down to personal experience. To question that leads nowhere. If you liked the 2006 tour...you liked the 2006 tour. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about that.
Absoloutly...At least, it shouldn’t

I think, we agree, that let´s put an example, the tour in 72 was better than 2006.
Why we agree in this?
Because they were better. If it was your first experience in 2006 together with your new love, good for you.
But sorry, 1972 was better. Got it?

Date: July 27, 2020 00:23

slewan
Stoneage

in those days Singing Pig's Atlantic City release was piled up in normal record stores (at least in Germany). (these bootlegs weren't sold under the table in those days)

I still have the TSP 075 3cd box and a 7" Promo disc for Radio-Stations smileys with beer

Date: July 27, 2020 01:03

glimmertwin1
GasLightStreet
slewan
artinis1

Can you currently buy:
all the studio albums?
all the live albums?
all the compilations?

Yes, yes and yes.

No some stuff is out of print - and gets very pricy. I would like to have the Miss You 12" on CD / flac (I have the itunes files).

Being out of print doesn't matter - one can still find something somewhere, like TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE.

The only place I know of Miss You 12" being on CD that I've ever had is on RARITIES, FLASHPOINT+COLLECTIBLES and Don't Stop (one of them is a minute or so shorter). It's also on the 1990 single release for Angie.

Date: July 27, 2020 01:23

glimmertwin1

It is not THAT rare.

Original CBS version is on
The Rolling Stones - Collector's Edition (1990) [CBS 466918 2] from 15 CD box set (85 Euros for the whole box from gemm a couple of years ago).
The Rolling Stones - Angie (3" CD single) [CBS 656068 3] (5 Euros from ebay)

Remix is on
The Rolling Stones - Don't Stop [Virgin VSCDF 1667] (1 Euro in the record store)

Shortened remixed version is on
The Rolling Stones - Rarities 1971-2003 [Virgin CDVX3015] (5 Euros in the record store)
Although sometimes sellers on ebay ask crazy prices for the discs with this version none of these CD/Singles is in the category 'impossible to find'.

Date: July 27, 2020 15:45

Irix
mick64

Soon - [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.co.uk] .... smiling smiley

Steel Wheels Live: 6-Disc (174 mins), 3-Disc (152 mins), 25-Sep-2020.

Amazon France 6 disc deluxe on pre-sale at 43 Euros
[www.amazon.fr]
Mayve there will be cheaper option from jpc or other regional amazon.

Date: July 27, 2020 15:59

ironbelly
glimmertwin1

It is not THAT rare.

Original CBS version is on
The Rolling Stones - Collector's Edition (1990) [CBS 466918 2] from 15 CD box set (85 Euros for the whole box from gemm a couple of years ago).
The Rolling Stones - Angie (3" CD single) [CBS 656068 3] (5 Euros from ebay)

Remix is on
The Rolling Stones - Don't Stop [Virgin VSCDF 1667] (1 Euro in the record store)

Shortened remixed version is on
The Rolling Stones - Rarities 1971-2003 [Virgin CDVX3015] (5 Euros in the record store)
Although sometimes sellers on ebay ask crazy prices for the discs with this version none of these CD/Singles is in the category 'impossible to find'.

You're right. I had the 12" Vinyl and I have The Singles Collection (itunes) was 7 € spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I will look for the CD Maxis................

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: July 27, 2020 17:09

I seem to be the only one who is disappointed by this release. We already got many different versions of that show in very good qualities. I won't buy it.
I'd much prefer Paris '76 or Knebworth. There are too many stuff from the Steel Wheels, Voodoo, Bridges, and more recent tours.

Just my two cents.

Date: July 27, 2020 18:43

If I don' t like the mastering I skip.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 27, 2020 18:48

Way too expensive. What’s on the 3rd CD? Boots I have of the show have always fit onto 2 CDs.

Date: July 27, 2020 18:53

Bashlets
Way too expensive. What’s on the 3rd CD? Boots I have of the show have always fit onto 2 CDs.
Original concert is on CD1 and CD2. Some extra tracks (nobody knows how many) is on CD3
DVD1 = Concert
DVD2 = Bonus Live from Tokyo (at this point is is uncertain if this is the one we already had before from the Vault or the one that was Japanese only From The Vault extra)
Bluray = Concert
There should be a book

I do not think that 43 Euros + S&H is too much for this box. Totally Stripped (4DVD+CD) was about 35 Euros in 2016.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 27, 2020 19:02

No that's not expensive. But I'll pass, the Steel Wheels tour hasn't grown on me, quite the opposite. Atlantic City 89 was the first CD bootleg I purchased in the early 90s. I haven't played it in this millennium, though

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1158
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home