Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 35
Re: New Bluray / Atlántic City 89
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 17, 2020 18:38

More Hot Rocks-When you said yesterday you preferred '06 to '89 I was surprised because I think '05'06 was bar none the worst Stones tour/shows ever. Or at least the med West shows were blah to say the least. I went and looked at the '06 setlist! Man, talk about an interesting and fun setlist! No wonder you preferred '06 She Was Hot and She's So Cold in the same show!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 17, 2020 19:04

TumblinDice76
More Hot Rocks-When you said yesterday you preferred '06 to '89 I was surprised because I think '05'06 was bar none the worst Stones tour/shows ever. Or at least the med West shows were blah to say the least. I went and looked at the '06 setlist! Man, talk about an interesting and fun setlist! No wonder you preferred '06 She Was Hot and She's So Cold in the same show!

Someone got me THE BIGGEST BANG for whatever reason. I watched about 10 minutes of it, pulled it out and shoved it on a shelf. Horrible.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 17, 2020 19:30

TumblinDice76

I cant say how great it was. After seeing them about 45 times I would say this was in the top 3. This was a few day soon after the death of Micks father and it was a makeup date. Maybe Mick wanted to give the people and his father something a special thank you. I've talked to other people that was at the 2006 show and they said the same thing.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 18, 2020 20:51

More Hot Rocks
TumblinDice76

I cant say how great it was. After seeing them about 45 times I would say this was in the top 3. This was a few day soon after the death of Micks father and it was a makeup date. Maybe Mick wanted to give the people and his father something a special thank you. I've talked to other people that was at the 2006 show and they said the same thing.

I saw a good show in 2006. I should say it was a good Mick show. It was a makeup date, the day before Thanksgiving at Dodger Stadium. Mick had been ill and postponed from the original date. He also seemed like he wanted to make up for it. It was the first time in 10 Stones concerts that I witnessed him being 'on'. I saw Keith and Charlie murder the audience in '99 in Anaheim. I can't say the 2006 concert was a great Stones concert. It was more of a dazzling light and sound experience, with Mick all over the place.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 20, 2020 01:36

LeonidP
They should release w/ a bonus, w/ 3D option too ... I recall watching it w/ 3D glasses that you had to get from 7-11 stores (which I still have!).

Still got mine too along with the recording of the aired TV show in 3d (for 3 songs).

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 20, 2020 11:43

24FPS
More Hot Rocks
TumblinDice76

I saw a good show in 2006. I should say it was a good Mick show. It was a makeup date, the day before Thanksgiving at Dodger Stadium. Mick had been ill and postponed from the original date. He also seemed like he wanted to make up for it. It was the first time in 10 Stones concerts that I witnessed him being 'on'. I saw Keith and Charlie murder the audience in '99 in Anaheim. I can't say the 2006 concert was a great Stones concert. It was more of a dazzling light and sound experience, with Mick all over the place.

I saw every Europe-Tour since 1990.
Worst: 2007, 2006, 2018

The autum US shows in 2006 were interesting songwise but never got the energy of 1989

But I only compared the boots and got no personal experiences in US-shows

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 20, 2020 19:42

I saw the Stones in Copenhagen in 2007 because my friends Toots and the Maytals were opening for them and I got invited along. Stones were no bueno, I was really shocked. I was ready to leave after about 40 minutes but that didn't seem wise after travelling all the way from California via London to see them. But I had to apologize to my Brit hosts for dragging them along. Toots was great but the Stones were a real let down: too many people on stage, I don't know what Keith was doing but he wasn't making much sense, and Ronnie was running around smoking and doing everything but concentrating on playing. I hear they improved after that but after seeing that show I pretty much wrote off spending that much time and effort to go see them unless its in my backyard. A real change from just a few years earlier.

It was fun to ride a bicycle to Christiana in Copenhagen for a few days and the weather was beautiful, so the scenery made up for the disappointment of the actual performance.

jb

Date: July 20, 2020 20:57

jbwelda
I saw the Stones in Copenhagen in 2007 because my friends Toots and the Maytals were opening for them and I got invited along. Stones were no bueno, I was really shocked. I was ready to leave after about 40 minutes but that didn't seem wise after travelling all the way from California via London to see them. But I had to apologize to my Brit hosts for dragging them along. Toots was great but the Stones were a real let down: too many people on stage, I don't know what Keith was doing but he wasn't making much sense, and Ronnie was running around smoking and doing everything but concentrating on playing. I hear they improved after that but after seeing that show I pretty much wrote off spending that much time and effort to go see them unless its in my backyard. A real change from just a few years earlier.

Isn't that the show that the... newspaper or whoever guy wrote a review and said it was apparent that Keith was drunk or something because of how bad he played?

That tour was a disaster. It's amazing they didn't quit after that pile.

Date: July 20, 2020 21:44

GasLightStreet
jbwelda

Isn't that the show that the... newspaper or whoever guy wrote a review and said it was apparent that Keith was drunk or something because of how bad he played?

That tour was a disaster. It's amazing they didn't quit after that pile.

No, this (as well as the Oslo-show) was the good show. The alleged disaster show was in Helsinki, while the dork reviewer slated the next show in Sweden (which supposedly wasn't that bad).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 20, 2020 21:52

Markus Larsson you mean? Here is the famous interview. It was supposed to be 30 minutes but when Keith found out that Markus was the man behind the bad review (2/5) he shortened it to 15...

[www.aftonbladet.se]

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: July 20, 2020 21:59

Did we forget about the release? LOL

Date: July 20, 2020 22:03

Stoneage
Markus Larsson you mean? Here is the famous interview. It was supposed to be 30 minutes but when Keith found out that Markus was the man behind the bad review (2/5) he shortened it to 15...

[www.aftonbladet.se]

I guess. I can't remember. Apparently it happened more than once...

Date: July 20, 2020 22:05

2006/07 - I think it was a combination of meds and alcohol. Even Ove Tingvall, who is a one hundred percent Stones fan, reported that Keith was very off during the meet and greet before the Gothenburg show.
Markus? He was never a Rolling Stones fan. He liked indie at the time. I think he decided beforehand to write them down. That is part of show biz also. He did make a name for himself...

Date: July 20, 2020 22:12

The Stones are still rolling. What is Larsson doing these days?

Date: July 20, 2020 22:27

He is still on the same job. The same newspaper (Aftonbladet - the biggest tabloid in Scandinavia). Rock- and pop journalism is a dying breed though.
He gets a bit of attention when he reviews the ESC every year. Which he mocks profusely. But no one seems to care. Mocking the ESC is a trade in itself.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 20, 2020 23:35

Date: July 21, 2020 16:05

Bjorn
[www.youtube.com]

LOL!

(Mick Taylor participating i)s a rumor, babe. If he was on there, I would know.

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:33

Can we get to the meat and potatoes of this issue and simply provide a release date ??

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:40

SFTD

Can we get to the meat and potatoes of this issue and simply provide a release date ??

Here: [iorr.org] . Updated now to 25-Sep-2020 - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-25 19:30 by Irix.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: July 24, 2020 03:48

Official announcement next week? I hope

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 24, 2020 04:36

deardoctor
24FPS
More Hot Rocks
TumblinDice76

The autum US shows in 2006 were interesting songwise but never got the energy of 1989

Im sick and tired people shows by the quality of a boot. What wrong with you people.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 24, 2020 04:41

You can tell a lot of things from "boots". Its usually a raw recording of what went down. Yeah the sound quality is another thing, but if and when you get past that you can hear how they are playing for the most part. And get a clue of the vibe emanating from the stage. Plus hear the crowd, which might give an indication of the energy level.

jb

Date: July 24, 2020 11:50

Cooltoplady
deardoctor
24FPS
More Hot Rocks
TumblinDice76

Im sick and tired people shows by the quality of a boot. What wrong with you people.

You should read and UNDERSTAND the post, before you reply

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 24, 2020 13:03

deardoctor
24FPS
More Hot Rocks
TumblinDice76

okay 2006/07 were surely not amongst their best shows… But what's wrong with 2018? To which show(s) have you been in 2018?

Posted by: azizahans ()
Date: July 24, 2020 14:52

Hi,
What about Vienna 06, Nice 06 and Lausanne 07? Strange, how
some People judge whole tours.
Regards Hans

Date: July 24, 2020 15:47

slewan
deardoctor
24FPS
More Hot Rocks
TumblinDice76

okay 2006/07 were surely not amongst their best shows… But what's wrong with 2018? To which show(s) have you been in 2018?

2018 I´ve been only in Stuttgart. First show that bored me because the band sounded like bored. They have played the same songs over and over to death. You easely could anticipate the whole setlist. Even Street fighting man, which excited me in Hyde park 2013 seemed sloppy and tired to me.
The few rarities they played at other locations sounded fresh (Fool to cry in London, Dancing with Mr. D, which I got in Zurich 2017) but mostly it was "Auto-Pilot"

Date: July 24, 2020 18:38

Which concert you liked or not is down to personal experience. To question that leads nowhere. If you liked the 2006 tour...you liked the 2006 tour. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about that.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 25, 2020 16:14

when announced by Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 25, 2020 17:16

Stoneage
Which concert you liked or not is down to personal experience. To question that leads nowhere. If you liked the 2006 tour...you liked the 2006 tour. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about that.
Absoloutly...At least, it shouldn’t

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2020 17:40

mick64

DELUXE BOX: Book 6 Discs version (DVD BLU RAY + CD 1 + CD 2 + CD 3 will be sold worldwide or only in Japan

Looks like worldwide since it's also listed on Amazon.fr , Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com - [iorr.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-25 18:25 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home