Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 35
Re: New Bluray / Atlántic City 89
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 16, 2020 21:45

rockdoc8885

Any release date from Eagle Rock

Not from Eagle-Rock, but from [www.bbfc.co.uk] : 04-Sep-2020.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: May 16, 2020 21:50

the official announcement will be next week or in June

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 17, 2020 15:29

shortfatfanny
video: [youtu.be]

Atlantic City '89 ppv pre-show,about half an hour...

Adam Curry's hair! Good grief how awful!

Date: May 17, 2020 15:51

MadMax
Boogie Chillun' is the bollox along with Rambler and obviously SMU. I love the Swingin' Pig version with Bill and Charlie's hilarious interview, fun fun fun. Almost Hampton class. But yeah, they better get the mix right!!!!!

Bill on Guns 'N' Roses: They're not big in Europe, are they.

Charlie about the interview: Very normal boring conversation. Again.

Kurt Loder talking to Mick, Mick saying "Everyone seems to be getting on really well."

Really? Everyone "seems to be", saying this, the second to last show of, I didn't count, 50 shows or whatever in 1989? Say the 49th of 50 shows: They SEEM to be!!?? Wouldn't he KNOW by then!!???

Bill being asked if they were going to put new songs in. "Well I don't know what you last heard, do I.... Dunno about 'around the world'". Kinay! He was SUCH a smart ass!

Mick: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and all that sort of thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! "All that sort of thing"??? HE JUST SAID IT!

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 18, 2020 18:09

Watched the first hour of this show on YouTube, they are on fire through Tumblin’ Dice, really looking forward to having an official version and seeing how good the audio and video is compared to the boots

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: May 18, 2020 18:50

Let' s wait and see what will sound better.

Fm like Sound from end 90ies or a remastered edited version done by some deaf soundman ...

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 18, 2020 19:08

I am really happy with this. And i really hope they with let Bob Clearmountain do the offical mix. I have somewhere have of the show mixed by him as bootleg.
And i hope they release the show in it's full glory not that they take out some songs and add them as bonustrack. Something what really irritates with the Sticky fingers, Havana Moon and Hyde park releases

Date: May 18, 2020 19:14

This is the tour when Tumbling Dice really got good on Ronnie's part. He's been consistent with it ever since.

Date: May 18, 2020 19:19

GasLightStreet
This is the tour when Tumbling Dice really got good on Ronnie's part. He's been consistent with it ever since.

Well, when he got that B-bender, he spaced out a bit, didn't he? smiling smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 18, 2020 21:49

I hope they don't mix the audience down.

One of the things I like most about that show is that you have the reaction of the audience so clear and near to the ear ... (hehehe) ... all of that excitement you can hear is really nice.

And BTW:

Whoever can point me to some video where you can see how to play Eric Clapton's 2 absolutely brilliant solos during LITTLE RED ROOSTER would r e a l l y do me a GREAT favour!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-18 23:10 by waterrats.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 19, 2020 00:11

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

I kinda wish he'd go back to the Strat again for Tumblin Dice. The B-bender was a nice sound (bit of a novelty) but kinda burnt out on it now.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: May 19, 2020 03:32

dear Dandelion,

I learned something new, the B-Bender. Thanks !

Date: May 19, 2020 08:18

djgab
dear Dandelion,

I learned something new, the B-Bender. Thanks !

Fascinating technology, isn't it? Look at the inventors! smiling smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 19, 2020 15:30

This was a really good concert. Apart from Axl Rose finger nails across chalk board vocals ruining what could have been a fantastic version of Salt Of The Earth, that pay per view show was outstanding. Hopefully, the audio is high quality which would make this release well worth purchasing.

BTW wasn't the 89 Atlantic City show the first time the Stones had played Salt of the Earth live? I don't count The Rock and Roll Circus ending because it was just vocals over backing track.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 19, 2020 16:12

Yes, Mick even mentions afterwards "We've never done that one on stage before". I'm sure in '89 RNR Circus was believed to never see the light of day.

Date: May 19, 2020 16:17

TumblinDice76
Yes, Mick even mentions afterwards "We've never done that one on stage before". I'm sure in '89 RNR Circus was believed to never see the light of day.

They didn't do it in 1968, either. Mick and Keith sang to an instrumental take of the album version smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 19, 2020 16:26

filstan
This was a really good concert. Apart from Axl Rose finger nails across chalk board vocals ruining what could have been a fantastic version of Salt Of The Earth, that pay per view show was outstanding. Hopefully, the audio is high quality which would make this release well worth purchasing.

BTW wasn't the 89 Atlantic City show the first time the Stones had played Salt of the Earth live? I don't count The Rock and Roll Circus ending because it was just vocals over backing track.

Yes, although as they played it all three nights in Atlantic City with Axl and Izzy and this was the middle show, this was actually the second time it was performed live.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 19, 2020 16:47

Ohh, I forgot about the other versions.

Do we know more about these other renditions? Have there been boots?
Was the playing maybe even better?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 19, 2020 17:04

Yeah there are recordings of every show on that world tour (except Lisbon, as far as I can tell)

Axl's performance on the first Atlantic City show is a bit more restrained, I think. Maybe he decided to turn it up on a notch for TV. The recording quality for the other two shows is decent but not great so its hard to compare.

I always thought it was a great version (and I'm not particularly a GnR fan).

They didnt play it again until the rescheduled Twickenham show on 20 Sep 2003 (which I missed having had tickets for the original date of August 23rd). That would have been the first time it was ever played without guests

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-19 17:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 19, 2020 22:06

In 1990 I bought The Swingin Pig 3 CD box set boot when I was in Munich at WOM for 79 DM. Those CD's sound very good to my ears today. Hopefully, they get the audio right on this video release.

Thanks Gazza for the clarification regarding Salt of the Earth being played at all 3 of the Atlantic City shows as well as at Twickenham 2003. To me SOTE was always a special Mick and Keith vocal and I felt Axel would have been better suited to a different song. Sorry never been a fan of Axel vocal style anyway.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: May 19, 2020 23:09

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

I think that on TD Ronnie always tries to improvise his solo, I think he uses the B-bender to have some fun. Ronnie is the only one who tries to change something what he does, I think he's a little tired of always playing the same songs and looking for a way not to get bored.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 19, 2020 23:10

filstan
In 1990 I bought The Swingin Pig 3 CD box set boot when I was in Munich at WOM for 79 DM. Those CD's sound very good to my ears today. Hopefully, they get the audio right on this video release.

Yup, same here - but had the vinyl first... I love that show, can't wait for the pro video!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 19, 2020 23:27

Testify
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

I think that on TD Ronnie always tries to improvise his solo, I think he uses the B-bender to have some fun. Ronnie is the only one who tries to change something what he does, I think he's a little tired of always playing the same songs and looking for a way not to get bored.

A fantasy project of mine is to edit together every single Ronnie solo from "Start Me Up.". No two solos would sound alike.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 20, 2020 07:58

GasLightStreet

Mick: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and all that sort of thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! "All that sort of thing"??? HE JUST SAID IT!

I love Mick's Christmas/New Year message and the way he laughs! One of my favorite Jagger moments!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 20, 2020 10:10

Justin
Testify
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

A fantasy project of mine is to edit together every single Ronnie solo from "Start Me Up.". No two solos would sound alike.

In the last two decades (at least) 80 % of the solos on Start Me Up are a lot of noise ... unfortunately. In 89/90 Ronnie shines on SMU, particularly in Atlantic City ...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 20, 2020 13:21

Robert Johnson
In the last two decades (at least) 80 % of the solos on Start Me Up are a lot of noise ...

A moment of truth there. And that goes not only for SMU... A bit of noice waiting for the song to get on track again. But a lot of posing and smiling...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 20, 2020 16:26

And Tokyo Dome 1990 is here again.
[www.spio-fsk.de]
I wonder if this is a re-issue for the one we already have or the second show that was sold as From The Vault Extra in Japan only.

EDIT. Looks like the other show. The one from 26 February (the one we got in 2015) was 48 sec. longer
[www.spio-fsk.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-20 16:33 by ironbelly.

Date: May 20, 2020 16:45

ironbelly
[www.spio-fsk.de]
I wonder if this is a re-issue for the one we already have or the second show that was sold as From The Vault Extra in Japan only.

EDIT. Looks like the other show. The one from 26 February (the one we got in 2015) was 48 sec. longer
[www.spio-fsk.de]

Interesting! I never bought that show.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 20, 2020 16:52

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
[www.spio-fsk.de]

[www.spio-fsk.de]

You mean From The Vault Extra - Live In Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24
[www.discogs.com]
?
That was Japanese only limited release on WARD records. Kind of an overpriced toy winking smiley.

Date: May 20, 2020 17:46

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
[www.spio-fsk.de]

[www.spio-fsk.de]

You mean From The Vault Extra - Live In Japan - Tokyo Dome 1990.2.24
[www.discogs.com]
?
That was Japanese only limited release on WARD records. Kind of an overpriced toy winking smiley.

Ah, I got that one smiling smiley Keith in the left channel. Sacrilege!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home