Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Editorial request DUTCH forum members
Date: May 7, 2020 22:59

paulspendel
I have been in touch with Mathijs before. His rather dismissive attitude didn't quite match my positive view on things. But he is always free to buy a copy, you know.

You Devil. grinning smiley

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: May 7, 2020 23:02

Hi Georgie48, quite a find, thank you.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 7, 2020 23:50

Test

I get a Phorum Database Error, although I cleaned the txt in notepad

Will try it later

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-07 23:52 by NICOS.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 8, 2020 00:44

Don't forget the 1990 tour rehearsals in the Feyenoord Stadion, Rotterdam on 15th, 16th and 18th May...almost 30 years ago!

I know some cool people from your land, will tell them about your project!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 8, 2020 00:46

Summer of 1998. Five shows in Amsterdam coinciding with two knockout victories for Holland in the World Cup. Excitement in the air. The day after the last show, Holland *almost* make it to the final. Ugh! Maybe you can find fans who can draw together those two threads, though some may still be traumatized by the nightly murder of Memory Motel by a person who shall go nameless.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: May 8, 2020 00:50

paulspendel
Hi georgie48, the 1964 Kurhaus concert will get a prominent place in the magazine.
Get the recent vinyl release of that gig--it has a DVD with some great interviews and the book has rare photos!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 8, 2020 11:38

DeanGoodman
Summer of 1998. Five shows in Amsterdam coinciding with two knockout victories for Holland in the World Cup. Excitement in the air. The day after the last show, Holland *almost* make it to the final. Ugh! Maybe you can find fans who can draw together those two threads, though some may still be traumatized by the nightly murder of Memory Motel by a person who shall go nameless.

DM's contribution to MM was indeed a total misfit, but agh, still nothing compared to the terrible sound distribution during the first of the five concerts. Born in that city and proud they would do a record number of five shows, it's the only time a had tears in my eyes in connection with any Stones concert. The Stones were not to blame, because the soundboard quality was fine, but the Arena simply wasn't suitable as it was. Luckily things improved over the following shows and I enjoyed my own 50th birstday during one of them.
The anticipation of the Stones in connection with the WC soccer was a big success! (I always enjoyed your concert reviews on IORR, by the way. Now I understand why, because you're a professional writer cool smiley)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home