Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick Jagger Quarantine Video
Date: May 7, 2020 08:08

jbwelda
Looked like a life long smoker inhale if you ask me. No one did, of course. But it does make me wonder, wonder how he keeps up with his activity on stage if he smokes. Its not easy when you are XX years old.

jb

He was acting. He doesn't smoke.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 7, 2020 11:46

I am surprised that people get so upset from Mick's socalled "smoking" sequence.

Did you ever see a movie from the 60's? Back then more than 50% of everyone did smoke. Mick smoked in the 60's. Bill smoked. Charlie smoked. Keith smoked. Everyone smoked, more or less, especially if you were to be a rebel.

It is all an act. Mick is acting.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2020 12:03

I'm surprised at the ones who
didnt catch the subtle English humor to it ...

Dont worry ... we know their names and address .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 7, 2020 12:24

Hairball
Seems clear to me he didn't inhale, and it was just a quick puff...
While there is some risk even with that, probably didn't put too much thought in to it and went for it.

He's been around a chain-smoking Keith and Ronnie (and others) for decades. This one puff will not have added much to he bill.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: May 7, 2020 13:15

I just thought this was great fun...
I’m aware that Mick has a great sense of humour. I sometimes wonder if people expect him to be all serious... doom and gloom and post apocalyptic gimme shelter.. whereas he has a lightness of touch and an English touch of fun.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 7, 2020 14:50

It's almost like 1930's comedy video.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2020 17:51

I wonder if that funny sequence was not masterminded by Matt Clifford who was seen landing in Tours the day before LIAGT was released and already seemed to have come up with the hilarious "Monty Python" video a few years ago when they were on tour in Barcelona [youtu.be]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-07 17:51 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 7, 2020 19:24

What's the point with all these private Twitter videos? I mean hasn't he enough of media attention anyway? Sometimes I get the feeling that he's airing all these videos
to keep Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs informed. I mean, this video is proof of that he is in France now - not using up his days (90, I think) in England...

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: May 7, 2020 23:29

As always ya are the reason of the sain. Damm, missed ya guys ... Thanx Bv. Ya know . Ya rock me Rockman . Hey Good to be back, in fact good to be ...

Date: May 7, 2020 23:35

Stop ... show your face ... Who goes there ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 8, 2020 00:18

I peered hard at the aerial shot but failed to locate the vegetable garden smiling smiley

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: May 8, 2020 00:41

So far I spotted about five packets
of Gauloises planted in those hedges ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 8, 2020 00:44

gotdablouse
I wonder if that funny sequence was not masterminded by Matt Clifford who was seen landing in Tours the day before LIAGT was released and already seemed to have come up with the hilarious "Monty Python" video a few years ago when they were on tour in Barcelona [youtu.be]

Unless the spoken part is lifted from an old Pathe clip or somewhere else, it sounds like Matt Clifford to me. And someone does say on the first page of this thread that on the TV show Jimmy Fallon said thanks to Mick and Matt.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 8, 2020 00:53

Beast
I peered hard at the aerial shot but failed to locate the vegetable garden smiling smiley

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Looks like it's on the left of the big six gardens ......7 smaller patches in a long strip..

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: May 8, 2020 01:06

Tis me my leigue, back form the dead .from silly imposed excile. .

Date: May 8, 2020 01:06

EddieByword
Beast

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Looks like it's on the left of the big six gardens ......7 smaller patches in a long strip..

Ooowwww, yes indeed and thank you most kindly - obviously I wasn't peering quite hard enough!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 8, 2020 01:19

Beast
EddieByword
Beast

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Ooowwww, yes indeed and thank you most kindly - obviously I wasn't peering quite hard enough!

smileys with beer

Date: May 8, 2020 03:50

I just love watching MICk in this skit. He is quite impressive slicing squash in the kitchen. MICK can be so funny!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 8, 2020 04:48

BitchKeepsBitchin
I just love watching MICk in this skit. He is quite impressive slicing squash in the kitchen. MICK can be so funny!

Love his comedic skills... have always loved his humor.

One of my regrets was when he did Letterman's Top Ten while there for the concert in 2012, and I missed it by one taping.
Was a day where they film two shows and I was front row for the first one, Mick was at the second tongue sticking out smiley

This bit reminds me of another Jagger skit, where he also fake smokes and does a fantastic Keith!
[freemontsoffice.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2020 17:25

Beast
gotdablouse

Unless the spoken part is lifted from an old Pathe clip or somewhere else, it sounds like Matt Clifford to me. And someone does say on the first page of this thread that on the TV show Jimmy Fallon said thanks to Mick and Matt.

Hadn't spotted the "thanks to Matt", thanks ! It's hard to recognize the voice as it's pretty "processed" (vocoder anyone ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out) but I'll give it a closer listen and compare it to the "Dead Parrot v2" sketch. Anyway, quite a smart fellow isn't he...in spite of all the mockery he gets here ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 9, 2020 00:54

>I am surprised that people get so upset from Mick's socalled "smoking" sequence.

Uh...who is "upset"?

>Back then more than 50% of everyone did smoke. Mick smoked in the 60's. Bill
>smoked. Charlie smoked. Keith smoked. Everyone smoked, more or less,

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Allow me to point out something equally obvious: it is 2020 now. Another obvious point: if you truly smoked in the past, and you truly quit, you would be loathe to even "act" like you are smoking. That's my viewpoint after 20 off smoking for 20 years.

>especially if you were to be a rebel.

That's just lame. More like especially if you were a sheep.

Thanks
jb

Date: May 9, 2020 01:08

jbwelda
>I am surprised that people get so upset from Mick's socalled "smoking" sequence.

Uh...who is "upset"?

>Back then more than 50% of everyone did smoke. Mick smoked in the 60's. Bill
>smoked. Charlie smoked. Keith smoked. Everyone smoked, more or less,

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Allow me to point out something equally obvious: it is 2020 now. Another obvious point: if you truly smoked in the past, and you truly quit, you would be loathe to even "act" like you are smoking. That's my viewpoint after 20 off smoking for 20 years.

>especially if you were to be a rebel.

That's just lame. More like especially if you were a sheep.

Thanks
jb

Mick is also an actor, and he has smoked several times when in character - for roles in recent years as well. It's no problem for him. Okay? smiling smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 9, 2020 02:05

Beast

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

If he keeps at it, he'll be big in Spaghetti harvest too smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 9, 2020 17:04

They should have said "you there put that down" when he was smoking and not when he had the guitar in his hand.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 10, 2020 16:50

Good on the star jumps too.

Mick shows Fallon how to quarantine
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: May 24, 2020 09:18

[www.youtube.com]

Quite fun to watch smiling smiley

Re: Mick shows Fallon how to quarantine
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 24, 2020 10:40

See also here: [iorr.org] .

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1617
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home