Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OK , worst show ever you ever saw?(not the stones)
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 26, 2005 03:42

The worst show was Bob Dylan, in fact the worst three shows I have ever seen were Dylan, god never ever again the guy should just stop performing live, he sounds horrible and looks miserable. You could not pay me to see him live anymore, sad because i am a fan of his records.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-10-26 03:45 by Ket.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: October 26, 2005 04:57

KISS, 1996 Reunion Tour

Wanted to see this concert in 1978 (when I was 13) but wasn't allowed to go (but I did get to see the Stones in '78 but that was in July)

I digress, I got great seats, 4th Row right in front of Gene Simmons (I got a guitar pick thrown at me...gave it away in the parking lot after the show)

I stood for the whole show with my arms crossed bored to tears!
These guys can't play. The pyro and tricks were tired.

The single most boring concert experience I've ever had.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 26, 2005 05:29

bonjovi
got to stoned and fell a sleep

Posted by: bigbang ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:12

tat2you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> elton john ...hate to admit it ...why i
>

Wow. I've loved every EJ concert I've been to, except his current Las Vegas act. THAT is not a rock concert, it's a Vegas show in every, sad respect...

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:14

Neil Young San Diego Sports Arena 9/20/03 on the Greendale tour. The first few songs were good but then it got really boring, I actually fell asleep for awhile until the encore.

I saw KISS on the reunion tour and the so called farewell tour and it was pretty boring too (though not even close to the "worst") The non makeup tours in 1990 and 1992 were actually much better.

Alice In Chains - saw them 'accidentally' 6 times 1991-1993 while going to see other bands but one particular show opening for Megadeth at the Palladium they just seemed to drone on and on. They only played 40 mins but it seemed like several hours.

Guns N Roses/Metallica at the Rose Bowl 1992. Both bands did great covering the Misfits (weird how that worked out, GNR did Attitude and MEtallica did Last Caress) but a lot of it was just boring. Metallica's "Seek And Destroy" went on for like 20 mins, even longer than every dreadful dragged out song GNR dragged out. And while GNR was incredible the year before, this time around they were like some bloated classic rock act with too many supporting members and too few few original members mostly concentrating on the "hits" That whole gig was a painful experience

There are probably others but thankfully I dont remember them as well as all the good ones.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:18

Geez, so far we've got Hendrix, Led Zepplin, The Who, Neil Young, and Bob Dylan. Good thing Mozart didn't tour in the last 50 years or he'd get slagged too.

As I remember, Greendale was sold and packaged as Greendale on stage, not a warhorse tour. Neil did the warhorse tour two years previous. He's not a jukebox.

Similarly the Quad tour of The Who was promoted as the Quad tour, not the warhorse tour. Anyone who didn't get what they wanted with that one didn't read the ticket. A real Who fan would have been in heaven, much like a Stones fan hearing EOMS or SF from start to stop.

Many of these worst show posts say much more about the concert goers than it says about the band/ performer.

In the spirit of bad concertgoers, I'll say Bob Marley in 1980, the place was a bit sticky with the humidty, the doobs ran out before the show ended, and the beer could've been colder. But . . . and this is a big but, Bob was great.

Date: October 26, 2005 06:18

Worst - Double bill: Hole/Marilyn Manson 1998. Manson fell on the stage and they carried him off, and ended the concert just 15 minutes into the set. He wasn't even hurt.

But you know what? He sucked anyway so who gave a !@#$.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:19

Grateful Dead at Giants Stadium in like 79? Willie Nelson opened and played for what seemed like forever. I didn't even know who he was back then. Then the Dead played there endless BS jams...all the acid trippers appeared to dig it...I only had herb, no money, bad case of munchies and was dying of thirst in 90 degree heat. It sucked! They sucked!

Date: October 26, 2005 06:20

BornOnTheBayou Wrote:
> >
> 1) Led Zeppelin, around 1970 or so. Always thought
> they were a better studio band than live.
> in it's
> sway..."
>
>

The first time I saw Zep was a transcendant experience, quite different from yours I guess! Of course, it was seven years later so maybe they practiced a little in between.smiling smiley

Date: October 26, 2005 06:23

"As I remember, Greendale was sold and packaged as Greendale on stage, not a warhorse tour. Neil did the warhorse tour two years previous. He's not a jukebox."

I dont remember how the gig was sold and packaged, I got the $5 GetAccess tix off EBay, already saw the setlist and knowing Neil not being a jukebox, decided to go and give it a try anyway. It was still boring. Thought it might be good, I am only 32, my all time favorite Neil Young album is Ragged Glory which came out in 1990 so it wasn't like I associate Neil Young with the old hits from the 60s and 70s being dredged up one more time. I just didnt like Greendale and it wasnt even enough to keep me awake in an arena of all things. And where the @#$%& does this word 'warhorse' come from anyway? Never heard it associated with Neil of all people.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: October 26, 2005 06:43

Dan Wrote:
> "where the @#$%& does this word 'warhorse' come
> from anyway? Never heard it associated with Neil
> of all people.

From the people that expect every NY concert to have Cinnamon Girl, Ohio, Rockin In the Free World, Powderfinger, Cowgirl In The Sand and Southern Man, etc.

Date: October 26, 2005 11:01

Dan Reed Network warming up for the stones in Oslo 1990. What a load of crap!

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: October 26, 2005 11:04

the godgather of soul James Brown the last 15 years; that's a good example why not everyone can go on with high age, unlike Mick does.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: October 26, 2005 11:15

Rush 1981 - They were too good, so good in fact they could have been miming but ultimately a completely boring show.
Q-Tips (supporting The Who in 1981). The press thought they were great but they were total shit. A benchmark in shit support bands for me.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 26, 2005 11:41

Great thread. For some reason i love reading how people fell a sleep during concerts. How is that possible? I mean if the band you are watching is just plain awfull and boring you not have a good time but to fall a sleep... The music is still loud...

I can't say that i witnessed bad concerts like you guys but that's mainly because i have only been to concerts of big artists like the Stones, U2, AC/DC and Madonna. Some had a off night like the stones in Groningen '99 and U2's second show in Holland in 2001 but to say they were really bad is too much. I still enjoyed it.
The only show i had a feeling i shouldn't be there was the Stones first Amsterdam arena show of the Licks tour. Keith @#$%& up the beginning of Brown Sugar and from the show never recovered from the start. It was weird watching it. During and after Wild Horses Keith and Ronnie had an argument and the whole show i had a feeling that they could @#$%& it up big time on every note.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 26, 2005 12:27

Sorry can't remember exact dates ...

no. 1 worst show, ever, Steve Vai, Milano (7 years ago?)
no. 2 worst show, the "we-cure-your-insomnia-problem" show, Pat Methini, Milano (6/7 years ago)
no. 3 worst show, eric clapton (the off the cradle tour?).

These were almost nightmares.

Worth a nominee (in no particular order), Primal Scream, Bob Dylan, Hole, Marilin Manson (OK, my fault, why did I go?), George Benson, etc.

C

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: October 26, 2005 18:12

some funny stuff!!!!!

Date: October 26, 2005 18:18

The Neil Young 1996 show at the Forum was a little boring. Seemed like he was jamming in a bar and just didn't reach the upper deck. It was mostly a greatest hits set. Ending with Dangerbird was awesome though.

Posted by: orange cow ()
Date: October 26, 2005 20:17

Phil Collins 1985
Fell dead asleep and i had taken 2 hits of speed
Only Su Su Su Di O woke me up!

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 26, 2005 20:29

camper88 Wrote:
> Dan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "where the @#$%& does this word
> 'warhorse' come
> > from anyway? Never heard it associated with
> Neil
> > of all people.
>
>
> From the people that expect every NY concert to
> have Cinnamon Girl, Ohio, Rockin In the Free
> World, Powderfinger, Cowgirl In The Sand and
> Southern Man, etc.

Hell I'd ride that horse.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 26, 2005 22:06

fell asleep in mid 80's pink floyd concert(first tour without roger). woke up after a few minutes and noticed one of my other buddies was sleeping as well!

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: October 26, 2005 22:13

Saw Bob Dylan in DK last saturday...... was not good.....

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: October 26, 2005 23:39

I´d say Pearl Jam early 2003 at the Rod Laver arena in Melbourne.They bored the crap out of people and looked miserable and depressed as well as asking to be booed at!....and not forgetting Marilyn Manson,the same year just pure dickhead material.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 27, 2005 01:18

Moody Blues, late '69 or early "70. It was in San Bernardino, a pretty rough place, with crowds that really want to rock, but the Moody Blues were dreadfully boring. The opening act, a Hendrix-like trio called Aum, were fantastic. The crowd not only booed the Moody Blues the whole time, but kept throwing marshmallows at them.

I fell asleep once at a Fleetwood Mac concert, the Peter Green/Jeremey Spencer days. Maybe it had something to do with foreign substances in my body, but, looking back, I can't believe I did it - they were a tremendous group.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 27, 2005 01:18

Saw Dylan in Oslo Oct 18th, AWESOME! A really, really great show! Looks like he used his energy in Norway, while his Sweden and Denmark-shows wasnt that good. Top-score according to most newspapers too.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 27, 2005 01:27

Ronnie Wood at Shepards Bush 2001. He was half pissed and his band were amateurs. Slash saved the day. He redeemed himself on the licks tour and dury lane show (and the times i saw him with kenney jones, sheryl crow and rod stewart and the other guest appearances)

Date: October 27, 2005 01:31

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
> Dan Reed Network warming up for the stones in Oslo
> 1990. What a load of crap!
>
Hey DandelionPowderman, I was just sitting outside the satdium during the warm-up, rolling my own!

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: October 27, 2005 01:55

Saw Big Country in Wembley Stadium, I think they were backing up Elton John in July 1984 (who was fantastic, by the way)...Big Country were so unfathomably amateurish that people were laughing during their set.

The runner-up for worst is any of the 3 times I have seen Elton since then...self absorbed, pretentious schlock of the highest order.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 27, 2005 02:18

camper88 Wrote:
> Geez, so far we've got Hendrix, Led Zepplin, The
> Who, Neil Young, and Bob Dylan. Good thing Mozart
> didn't tour in the last 50 years or he'd get
> slagged too.

LOL
>
> As I remember, Greendale was sold and packaged as
> Greendale on stage, not a warhorse tour. Neil did
> the warhorse tour two years previous. He's not a
> jukebox.
>
> Similarly the Quad tour of The Who was promoted as
> the Quad tour, not the warhorse tour. Anyone who
> didn't get what they wanted with that one didn't
> read the ticket. A real Who fan would have been in
> heaven, much like a Stones fan hearing EOMS or SF
> from start to stop.
>
> Many of these worst show posts say much more about
> the concert goers than it says about the band/
> performer.

thats exactly it. I cant get this problem that if someone goes to see The Who playing Tommy or Quadrophenia, then come home pissed because they DIDNT play Who are you or Wont get fooled again. Its advertised as a specific kind of show (it certainly was when I saw them at Hyde Park in 1996)..the same applied when Pink Floyd used to tour with "The Wall"

I mean, if people but a ticket to see "Hamlet" do they come out of the theatre afterwards complaining because they didnt get a soliloquy from "Macbeth" as well?

Date: October 27, 2005 02:49

I saw John Cale of the Velvet Underground at the Sunset Junction Street Fair a few months ago. He opened with what should have been Severin but was plagued by constant and pervasive PA problems which effectively ruined the gig. It might have been a great performance but I just couldn't tell. Lets hope tonights in store gig is better.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home