Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: Extra Licks- Streaming Rare Performances
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: May 9, 2020 23:44

Amazing vocals. Thank you for posting that.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 10, 2020 00:04

Whats the Sticky Fingers live segment about this Sunday? What year is it from?

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: May 10, 2020 07:28

What I would love to see from this series is the Honk bonus live tracks with videos (my recollection is they only released a video for Wild Horses at the time).

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 10, 2020 15:32

Who's playin that 3. guitar in Brown sugar?

Date: May 10, 2020 15:54

Hm, strange. I hear the guitars with the same intensity throughout. There are five seconds or so where Chuck takes over, while he's in the camera, but it's so short that I don't mind.

An excellent version, imo, although I've heard it a million times. The "problem" might be that, not the performance?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-10 17:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: May 10, 2020 17:13

I'm missing the more aggressive drumming from Charlie in the more recent versions of Brown Sugar, back in 2002-03 he brought so much energy to the song with his fills and heavier sound, playing it with a softer touch sounds okay but it never really takes off like it used to.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 10, 2020 19:21

It and most of their songs have morphed into what I would call muzak. Its been going that way since the mid 80s. "Rock" music for the Geritol set.

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 10, 2020 21:25

Extra-Licks, Part 2 of 6, 10-May-2020 (Havana Moon Bonus-Tracks):

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 10, 2020 21:58

Hey, soon it starts... The band's on stage and its one of those nights...smileys with beer

- Doxa

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 10, 2020 22:01

Only less than 4000 were waiting...

Date: May 10, 2020 22:15

MAF

Only less than 4000 were waiting...

But currently there're 9400 spectators ....

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 10, 2020 22:30

I pray we will see them again.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 10, 2020 22:31

That's all? Very special performance...

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: May 10, 2020 22:32

I'm surprised. 30 minutes?

Date: May 10, 2020 22:33

MAF

That's all?

Just the 5 Bonus-Tracks of 'Havana Moon' - [iorr.org] .

Date: May 10, 2020 22:42

MAF
That's all? Very special performance...

Do you have a super deluxe version with more than five bonus tracks on your DVD? winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 11, 2020 00:10

Irix
Doxa

So what are the bonus tracks of HAVANA MOON?

Original Cuba Setlist: 18 Songs - [iorr.org] . Tracklist of the DVD/BluRay:

[www.Amazon.com]

We're supposed to get excited about THOSE Bonus Tracks? They're the same old ground in the dirt warhorses.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: May 11, 2020 01:16

Bold prediction - the 4 remaining instalments, each going back in time of release:

#3 Sweet Summer Sun (just 3 tracks)
#4 Shine A Light (4 tracks, and the featurette as well?)
#5 The Biggest Bang (not sure what content)
#6 Four Flicks ("bonus tracks" as mentioned on the back cover, not sure exactly what))

That's my best take at the moment. Anybody else care to speculate? I'm sure a lot of us would be interested to hear.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 11, 2020 01:30

Same old same old but I really enjoyed it.

On a good night, this band is really amazing!

C

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 11, 2020 01:39

liddas
Same old same old but I really enjoyed it.

On a good night, this band is really amazing!

C

+1 smileys with beer

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 11, 2020 02:33

If next time, as previously announced, will be something from the Voodoo Lounge tour than it's not difficult to guess which bonus stuff it's gonna be:

Bonustracks from N.Y. Giant Stadium:

Shattered
Out of Tears
All down the line
I can't get next to you
Happy

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 11, 2020 06:56

So according to the DVD liner notes above, 1.2 MILLION people in attendance in Cuba? Is that correct? Cause, wow, makes a normal USA football stadium seem like an intimate club performance in comparison. Where in the heck did they put 1.2 million people, is their stadium that big?

And "bonus tracks"...compared to what? To a cd release at the same time?

Sorry for the silly questions, I was not keeping up on things during the period of the original releases.

Thanks
jb

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: May 11, 2020 08:27

GJV
If next time, as previously announced, will be something from the Voodoo Lounge tour than it's not difficult to guess which bonus stuff it's gonna be:

Shattered
Out of Tears
All down the line
I can't get next to you
Happy

Good point. I'd been paying attention to older releases, but not the more recent releases of old gigs. Plus this reminded me of Bridges to Bremen, so my updated take on what to expect is now this:

#3 May 17 - Sweet Summer Sun (just 3 tracks, maybe 4 if they include Tumbling Dice from the Japan-only deluxe edition)
#4 May 24 - Shine A Light (4 tracks, not seen at the cinema)
#5 May 31 - Bridges To Bremen (5 tracks, from Soldier Field, Chicago)
#6 June 5 - Voodoo Lounge Uncut (5 tracks, from Giants Stadium, NJ)

Each of these releases has "bonus tracks". Let's see if this is what eventuates .....

Date: May 11, 2020 08:52

jbwelda
So according to the DVD liner notes above, 1.2 MILLION people in attendance in Cuba? Is that correct? Cause, wow, makes a normal USA football stadium seem like an intimate club performance in comparison. Where in the heck did they put 1.2 million people, is their stadium that big?

And "bonus tracks"...compared to what? To a cd release at the same time?

Sorry for the silly questions, I was not keeping up on things during the period of the original releases.

Thanks
jb

Bonus tracks on the dvd.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: May 11, 2020 09:54

Havana seems to be overdubbed guite heavily: loud handclaps on TD whereas on the screen everybody’s just reaching their phones and phones, Ronnie’s slide at the end of ADTL even though he’s lost the the slide tube a good while ago, Keith’s steady rhythm playing on BTMMR when to my eyes he throws a chord and there.

Date: May 11, 2020 10:25

jbwelda

Where in the heck did they put 1.2 million people, is their stadium that big?

It has been discussed many times in the Havana Pre-Show-Info and Live-Comments: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] . It was btw not a Stadium in Havana, but an open area - Google Maps - Picture .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-11 12:50 by Irix.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 11, 2020 10:27

stonesman87
GJV

Shattered
Out of Tears
All down the line
I can't get next to you
Happy

Good point. I'd been paying attention to older
releases, but not the more recent releases of old gigs. Plus this reminded me of Bridges to Bremen, so my updated take on what to expect is now this:

#3 May 17 - Sweet Summer Sun (just 3 tracks, maybe 4 if they include Tumbling Dice from the Japan-only deluxe edition)
#4 May 24 - Shine A Light (4 tracks, not seen at the cinema)
#5 May 31 - Bridges To Bremen (5 tracks, from Soldier Field, Chicago)
#6 June 5 - Voodoo Lounge Uncut (5 tracks, from Giants Stadium, NJ)

Each of these releases has "bonus tracks". Let's see if this is what eventuates .....

What about Sticky Fingers Live?

Date: May 11, 2020 11:45

The Video of the 1st part on 3-May-2020 has now been set to private - [www.YouTube.com] . Looks like rewatching is only possible for one week.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2020 12:43

Some impressions about yesterday's 'show'.

- Seemingly the songs I mostly I am the least eager to listen live, "Miss You" and "Start Me Up" were the highlights, and I really enjoyed watching them.
- Now to think of, musically "Miss You" is nowadays with "Midnight Rambler" a kind of moment of them showing true musicianship, and they really seem to enjoy digging the soulful groove and jamming through it. Reminds me the days of "Just my Imagination" offering a similar template for them. Of the 'war horses' I think it is aged very well - they play it better nowadays better than they did for years. It is a true crowd pleaser as well. Extra kudos to Darryl (and it's nice that they sometimes actually use his extraordinary skill).
- Ronnie almost steal the show in "Start Me Up". Damn, that 'kid' is a fun to watch and hear.
- Keith's "Before They Make Me Run" has an anthem-like chorus. That part worked very well. Keith's timing in doing the verse vocals was a bit... well.. idiosyncratic, but with that charm one cannot lose, right?
- Somehow "Tumbling Dice" and "All Down The Line" didn't worked very well for me. Usually "Dice" has such an irrestible groove, but now it didn't get me hooked. The case of "All Down The Line" makes me wonder if they don't have needed energy any longer to treat that high-octanic rocking piece right. Sounded like they were a bit 'cheating' there, giving an impression to rock and work hard, but actually holding their horses.
- Not Mick's best night, a bit 'autopilot', but however, that guy has such an incredible standard that he never lets anyone down. "Miss You" his highlight. Funny to look at his focused performance with guitar after Keith's not-so-focused performance... The constrast was huge...
- I love the Rolling Stones

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-11 13:21 by Doxa.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: May 11, 2020 12:44

Just google and you can find compleet concert 18 songs + band introductions= 19.
In order, those 5 bonus tracks are in order as they have played during the set. In DVD or Blu Ray.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home