Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Extra Licks- Streaming Rare Performances
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 3, 2020 22:05

Glam Descendant
My prediction is this bonus from Blu-ray:

Seven full length performances from the Latin American tour:
1) Out Of Control (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 2) Paint It Black (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 3) Honky Tonk Women (São Paulo, Brazil) 4) Sympathy For The Devil (São Paulo, Brazil) 5) You Got The Silver (Lima, Peru) 6) Midnight Rambler (Lima, Peru) 7) Miss You (Lima, Peru)

1) 1) Out Of Control (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Check

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 3, 2020 22:05

Paddy
crawdaddy
Paddy
I’d like to see footage from the point depot gigs in Dublin 2003. Both nights they were killer and I was right at the barrier night 1

Yes! I was there both nights at The Point all those years ago and right on the rail,a couple of metres from Keith on the second night.
Probably the best Stones gigs I have been to.
Met up with that great Stones fan , the sadly missed Tony Dunn and his mates in Dublin and had a great time.
Can't remember if there was any filming going on,but I got the audio of the gigs somewhere on CD. smileys with beer
There was a guy Mick I think from longford, huge fan and was there both nights. Hardly you?
Not me Paddy.
I was there with brother in law and met up with a few friends from Ireland and from England.
I spent about 5 days there and got back to London just in time to get to Wembley arena for the Stones gig. Great days.smileys with beer

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 3, 2020 22:13

Just watching the crowd dancing and swaying... It seemed such an ordinary thing. Nostalgia happens fast these days.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 3, 2020 22:20

MisterDDDD
Glam Descendant
My prediction is this bonus from Blu-ray:

Seven full length performances from the Latin American tour:
1) Out Of Control (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 2) Paint It Black (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 3) Honky Tonk Women (São Paulo, Brazil) 4) Sympathy For The Devil (São Paulo, Brazil) 5) You Got The Silver (Lima, Peru) 6) Midnight Rambler (Lima, Peru) 7) Miss You (Lima, Peru)

1) 1) Out Of Control (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Check

YAWN…

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 3, 2020 22:47

Get a load of Kreskin here, seven for seven. For those of us who bought all the DVDs upon release, the joke's on us. But this series is worthwhile for casual fans, who might not otherwise see this footage. Extra Licks keeps the Stones in lights when live entertainment has gone dark.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-04 00:11 by ab.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 3, 2020 22:56

Aaaahhhh. Nice.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 3, 2020 22:56

Extra-Licks, Part 1 of 6, 3-May-2020 (7 Olé-Bonustracks as mentioned before):

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-04 00:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 3, 2020 23:00

Is those seven tracks it? Will there be new ones tomorrow or how does this work?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 3, 2020 23:05

Stoneage

Will there be new ones tomorrow or how does this work?

It's a 6-week series, every Sunday exclusively on YouTube .... [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-03 23:10 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 3, 2020 23:07

Stoneage
Is those seven tracks it? Will there be new ones tomorrow or how does this work?

Weekly "six-part" series.
Guess we find out next Sunday, same bat time...
Enjoyed this one.

"As part of YouTube’s #StayHome campaign, The Rolling Stones will launch a weekly series entitled “Extra Licks”, starting this Sunday May 3rd at 12pmPT / 3pmET/ 8pmBST. Each YouTube Premiere will stream the bonus features of six concert films from throughout their career, including performances from the 1994 Voodoo Lounge Tour and the 2016 Latin America Ole! Tour.

Available digitally for the first time, this six-part weekly series will feature bonus footage from some of the band’s most memorable concerts around the world."

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 3, 2020 23:10

Okay, thanks DDDD.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 3, 2020 23:11

The sound is really good, nice and crisp guitars. Having said that, yes, a pretty big fat "yawn"...well I suppose this is for the "casual listener" who had no idea that the Stones had toured in 2016 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 3, 2020 23:45

Not their best performance here

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2020 00:02

That was nice. Not that I have not seen these songs played by this band live countless times before but c'mon... with that band and those songs one really can't lose...

So this was the tracks used partly in OLE OLE OLE and the whole performances were relaesed as some extras before? Anyway, since I haven't been any kind of completist for ages, this was fresh to me. Some impressions after one watch:

1. Argentinian crowds are incredible. Always a joy to see the enthusiasism and the interaction with the band. It is not that they are younger than in America or Europe, so are also Brazilian and Peruan, but the energy level is in a totally different level...

2. Keith was captured nicely in "Out of Control" and "Honky Tonk Women".. later too, but those two really got my attention. No matter how much he is critizied lately, damn the man got an incredible stage presence, looks cool and plays nicely with such an natural touch and style. The less is more, my friends, if you know what to do... (well, probably "You Got The Silver" was a bit so-so, but it doesn't matter... on with the show)

3. Altogether the interaction between the players on the stage, and how much fun they seem to have, there is something unique. That is a kind of latter-day Stones speciality, in which their experience and professionalism shows.

4. It always amazes me how different the Stones classics are. Played togeher they make such a great, variant show. Here is shown not even a half of their 'war horses', but think of the oriental sounds of "Paint It Black", the samba of "Sympathy For The Devil", the country blues meeting country rock "Honky Tonk Women", the disco beat of "Miss You", the blues opera of "Midnight Rambler"...

5. They really can't go wrong with "Midnight Rambler" ever, now can they? There was nothing wrong with the other versions, but damn with this song they somehow alawys find such an extra gear, and they play like it's the last bloody performance they ever'll do. Extra mention to Ronnie.

6. Ronnie altogether is a wonder. Jagger-like youngish habitus and plays with such a great sense of style. His significance to the band is tremendous these days, both visually and musically. With Keith those two still a helluva guitar duo.

7. For some reason, Jagger and Watts escaped my attention this time. Mick looked and sounded a bit tired during "Sympathy" I guess, but at the same time this latest day, less-moving Mick is sometimes even more dramatic than the more energetic one of the past. In "Rambler" he was in his own zone again.

8. I love the Rolling Stones.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-04 00:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: May 4, 2020 00:41

Doxa
That was nice. Not that I have not seen these songs played by this band live countless times before but c'mon... with that band and those songs one really can't lose...

So this was the tracks used partly in OLE OLE OLE and the whole performances were relaesed as some extras before? Anyway, since I haven't been any kind of completist for ages, this was fresh to me. Some impressions after one watch:

1. Argentinian crowds are incredible. Always a joy to see the enthusiasism and the interaction with the band. It is not that they are younger than in America or Europe, so are also Brazilian and Peruan, but the energy level is in a totally different level...

2. Keith was captured nicely in "Out of Control" and "Honky Tonk Women".. later too, but those two really got my attention. No matter how much he is critizied lately, damn the man got an incredible stage presence, looks cool and plays nicely with such an natural touch and style. The less is more, my friends, if you know what to do... (well, probably "You Got The Silver" was a bit so-so, but it doesn't matter... on with the show)

3. Altogether the interaction between the players on the stage, and how much fun they seem to have, there is something unique. That is a kind of latter-day Stones speciality, in which their experience and professionalism shows.

4. It always amazes me how different the Stones classics are. Played togeher they make such a great, variant show. Here is shown not even a half of their 'war horses', but think of the oriental sounds of "Paint It Black", the samba of "Sympathy For The Devil", the country blues meeting country rock "Honky Tonk Women", the disco beat of "Miss You", the blues opera of "Midnight Rambler"...

5. They really can't go wrong with "Midnight Rambler" ever, now can they? There was nothing wrong with the other versions, but damn with this song they somehow alawys find such an extra gear, and they play like it's the last bloody performance they ever'll do. Extra mention to Ronnie.

6. Ronnie altogether is a wonder. Jagger-like youngish habitus and plays with such a great sense of style. His significance to the band is tremendous these days, both visually and musically. With Keith those two still a helluva guitar duo.

7. For some reason, Jagger and Watts escaped my attention this time. Mick looked and sounded a bit tired during "Sympathy" I guess, but at the same time this latest day, less-moving Mick is sometimes even more dramatic than the more energetic one of the past. In "Rambler" he was in his own zone again.

- Doxa

Thank you Doxa!
8. I love the Rolling Stones. We are together on thissmileys with beer

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2020 01:36

Anything from the Golden Era of 1964-1990? Or just the same old, same old.

Date: May 4, 2020 02:04

Thanks for the information. Just watching it....

As already known Argentina seems to be the wildest crowd...fantastic...!

Greetings from Germany

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: May 4, 2020 02:57

a real disappointment!
it's more of the same, and we already saw those things on dvd ...
They have so many things never seen that they could free up a little of what you have! if it doesn't cost you anything !!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 4, 2020 03:14

same bat time...

Mr. DDDD, you are dating yourself with that phrase!!

plexi

Date: May 4, 2020 03:15

Don´t think they would "free up" anything we haven`t seen so far. It wouldn`t cost anything, yes, but it could earn something...

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: May 4, 2020 04:47

I know it’s not unique to this show, but hearing it again today reminded me: the tom-driven thing Charlie does during the piano solo in HTW really really doesn’t work.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 4, 2020 05:18

Doxa

- Doxa

Of course - me too.

They seem to have a different understanding of the term "rare performances", though.

Ok, this program is obviously not aimed at diehard fans like us, whoever's behind the concept had probably more the "general wide audience" or even the newbies they may have aquired with "Ghost Town" in mind.

But I seriously doubt that it does the band a favour when at least two out of just seven songs are so ridiculously lame performances like Sympathy For The Devil and You Got The Silver (one could possibly also include the travesty that Honky Tonk Women has turned into these days)?

I quit the program during You Got The Silver to avoid falling asleep. I guess Rambler was great like OOC and PIB and Miss You, well, like always.

I admire you, Doxa, for your stamina to not only watching the whole program but also writing a long and detailed essay about it. But that's because you're probably a lot younger than me!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 4, 2020 11:45

Not rare this stuff, we all got it on DVD, missed opportunity, but I hope it at least gains some new fans.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2020 13:47

retired_dog

Of course - me too.

They seem to have a different understanding of the term "rare performances", though.

Ok, this program is obviously not aimed at diehard fans like us, whoever's behind the concept had probably more the "general wide audience" or even the newbies they may have aquired with "Ghost Town" in mind.

But I seriously doubt that it does the band a favour when at least two out of just seven songs are so ridiculously lame performances like Sympathy For The Devil and You Got The Silver (one could possibly also include the travesty that Honky Tonk Women has turned into these days)?

I quit the program during You Got The Silver to avoid falling asleep. I guess Rambler was great like OOC and PIB and Miss You, well, like always.

I admire you, Doxa, for your stamina to not only watching the whole program but also writing a long and detailed essay about it. But that's because you're probably a lot younger than me!

Haha, don't know about the stamina - I ain't no in a Altamont fighting form no more, to quote one poster here - but I guess my secret is that I very rarely look or listen anything post-89 Stones live stuff. So when I do, I usually have a rather fresh ears, so to speak. And then I supposedly am like a 'casual fan' - seeing and hearing the Stones in their greatness, how wonderful those tunes are and what an incredible the band really is. Loving every sec. But it is just one watch/listening per performance and 'never coming back'. I know that if I really would scrutinize their performances more seriously and deeply, I would turn out to be way too critical, even negative (I did all that in the past when I talked about "Vegas Era" and all that). The same works for seeing them in concert once in a while (but not too often). And I think that exactly is the function of the post-89 Stones. Enjoy as they are, and not asking anything more. They still have plenty to offer. But don't 'over-listen' them!grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-04 13:55 by Doxa.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: May 4, 2020 14:48

Hopefully its not all In concert licks but bit of extra licks in the studio or maybe a soundcheck or two?

Date: May 4, 2020 14:50

ukcal
Hopefully its not all In concert licks but bit of extra licks in the studio or maybe a soundcheck or two?

It's bonus material on the dvds, isn't it? The bonus cuts on Olé Olé Olé were shown yesterday (a concert film that is available on Netflix, btw, if one haven't bought the dvd, that is).

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 4, 2020 16:20

I guess to a casual fan it’s rare stuff but for us on this board, less so...nice idea tho

Posted by: redkev ()
Date: May 4, 2020 17:02

What I would give to have been at that gig in Argentina. Wow, what a crowd! In a few close-up shots (had they been in black and white) you'd think you were watching a crowd from the '60s.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 4, 2020 17:59

Weren't the San Paulo tracks from the 27th on Ole Ole blu ray? Here they say coming from the 24th perfromance.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 4, 2020 18:39

Well, cool and all, but there really is NO reason whatsoever for them to put out Paint If Black and Honky Tonk Women and Miss You again. Certainly there were, oh my, "other" songs to offer.

What a waste of time.

Instead of doing something inventive they just play DVD extras.

Stupid.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home