Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Extra Licks- Streaming Rare Performances
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 1, 2020 16:16

"The Stones have just announced ‘Extra Licks’ - a series of special past performances streaming worldwide every Sunday exclusively on YouTube!
Starting Sunday May 03 8pm BST/12pm PT/3pm ET for six weeks - set a reminder"
[twitter.com]

Re: Extra Licks- Streaming Rare Performances
Date: May 1, 2020 16:22

how rare is the question

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 1, 2020 16:28

Nice!

Date: May 1, 2020 16:45

The Rolling Stones will launch the new weekly series Extra Licks on the band’s official YouTube channel this Sunday (3 May). It comprises a sequence of featurettes, all available digitally for the first time and each to appear as YouTube Premiere. You can watch a new teaser trailer for the series here:

The first in the series will air on Sunday at 12pm PT/3pm ET/8pm BST. The clips will stream bonus features from six concert films captured during the Stones’ storied career. These include performances from the Voodoo Lounge Tour of 1994 and 2016’s Latin America Ole! Tour. The series is in partnership with the Rolling Stones and Eagle Rock Entertainment, and is exclusive to YouTube.

The YouTube Premieres feature allows artists and their teams to “build anticipation and create a unique moment around a music video release” on YouTube. The feature transforms the way that an audience views and engages with content by creating an event in which both fans and artists directly engage and share the experience in an interactive and communal way.
[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: May 1, 2020 17:08

I hope they show never-seen-before ones, would be a blast and a good reason to open up the first bottle of wine on that particular day/night.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: May 1, 2020 17:17

It’ll be clips from the dvds they have already released.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 1, 2020 17:31

Jfk19562003
It’ll be clips from the dvds they have already released.

Are the DVDs available in a digital format?

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 1, 2020 18:04

Maybe one day they'll shock us all and spin Roseland

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: May 1, 2020 18:18

they are going to be a compilation of six concerts which are and there will be a repopulation then cd dvd can be in Europe what time will they be broadcast.

Date: May 1, 2020 19:27

mick64
they are going to be a compilation of six concerts which are and there will be a repopulation then cd dvd can be in Europe what time will they be broadcast.

Posted above- 8PM BST, Noon PST where I am, 3 PM EST. May 3rd.
Looking forward to a nice Sunday afternoon with this.

Date: May 1, 2020 19:37

Rolling Stones Announce ‘Extra Licks’ Concert Streaming Series
Six-week series kicks off May 3rd with bonus footage from Olé Olé Olé!: A Trip Across Latin America

"The Rolling Stones have announced their Extra Licks weekly livestream series, featuring bonus footage from six concert films from throughout the band’s career.
The series — released as part of YouTube’s #StayHome campaign — will kick off May 3rd at 3 p.m. ET with extra footage from the band’s 2016 concert film Olé Olé Olé!: A Trip Across Latin America.
Each featurette over the six-week series is being made available digitally for the first time. One week’s installment will also focus on the 1994 tour in support of Voodoo Lounge, the band stated."
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 1, 2020 20:37

Cool timely idea and a generous reach-out to sequestered fans.

Suggestion Box: How about showing the 1978 Saturday Night Live Rehearsal performances during which Mick still had his voice?

Admittedly,

"I Just Can't Be Satisfied"

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 1, 2020 20:37

I’d like to see footage from the point depot gigs in Dublin 2003. Both nights they were killer and I was right at the barrier night 1

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 1, 2020 21:55

glimmerman
Cool timely idea and a generous reach-out to sequestered fans.

Suggestion Box: How about showing the 1978 Saturday Night Live Rehearsal performances during which Mick still had his voice?

Admittedly,

"I Just Can't Be Satisfied"

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: May 2, 2020 18:23

it sounds like a very good idea. the question is how rare this stuff will be. Is there something new for us fans who have all official releases? The teaser for tomorrow makes me think we will get the bonus songs from the Olé Blu Ray. This means 7 complete songs (10 if they add the japanese bonus tracks). It is nice for many fans but we probably have this stuff. Then there will be something from the Voodoo Lounge tour. This could be songs from the Giants Stadium show which have been added as a bonus to the Uncut Version. Maybe they could release some more songs there to make it 1-1,5 hours.

Then I think they will release something from Chicago 97, which was a bonus to the Bremen show. Then maybe something from the "lost" Paradiso show, Tokyo 90 (the japanese only released show) and something from Paris 76?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 2, 2020 18:56

hockenheim95
it sounds like a very good idea. the question is how rare this stuff will be. Is there something new for us fans who have all official releases? The teaser for tomorrow makes me think we will get the bonus songs from the Olé Blu Ray. This means 7 complete songs (10 if they add the japanese bonus tracks). It is nice for many fans but we probably have this stuff. Then there will be something from the Voodoo Lounge tour. This could be songs from the Giants Stadium show which have been added as a bonus to the Uncut Version. Maybe they could release some more songs there to make it 1-1,5 hours.

Then I think they will release something from Chicago 97, which was a bonus to the Bremen show. Then maybe something from the "lost" Paradiso show, Tokyo 90 (the japanese only released show) and something from Paris 76?

Sadly you may be right.

Nice gesture from Stones Inc nevertheless

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: May 2, 2020 19:06

Noted and appreciated! This is the Friday night rehearsal.

But every Saturday Night Live show is done twice. We all know about the Belushi as Backstage Security skit that was dropped after rehearsal but the actual show rehearsal footage from Saturday has been harder to come by.

Keep It Cool

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2020 19:31

I hope its complete songs and not what is rs.com's usual bright idea of a treat during a tour, ie uploading about 70-80 seconds of a performance. Basically a waste of time for everyone.

This is an idea with a lot of potential. Hopefully they'll make the most of it.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: May 2, 2020 19:31

I am excited. Very nice gesture for the fans, old and new.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 2, 2020 20:23

Bruce Springsteen released a live take from a concert in Gothenburg in 2012. 31 songs, all in all. To the joy of many Swedish fans (this gig is considered the best ever Swedish gig from The Boss).
Some muttered and wished he would have released it for free though...

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 2, 2020 21:27

PJ is releasing gigs from the 90's and early 2000's on their FB page.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 3, 2020 17:01

I think it will be all bonus tracks from this 6 concert that are released on dvd/bluray:

Olé, Olé, Olé!
Sticky Fingers Live
Marquee Club '71
Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live
Voodoo Lounge Uncut
Bridges To Bremen

Lets wait and see...

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 3, 2020 18:04

They should choose Out of control Cuba original version with the awesome Keith solo.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 3, 2020 19:18

Paddy
I’d like to see footage from the point depot gigs in Dublin 2003. Both nights they were killer and I was right at the barrier night 1

Yes! I was there both nights at The Point all those years ago and right on the rail,a couple of metres from Keith on the second night.
Probably the best Stones gigs I have been to.
Met up with that great Stones fan , the sadly missed Tony Dunn and his mates in Dublin and had a great time.
Can't remember if there was any filming going on,but I got the audio of the gigs somewhere on CD. smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 3, 2020 20:08

So, 110 minutes to go. Luckily I got a Golden Circle (Keith's side) ticket for this one. And a goody bag waiting for me in the VIP section.
And the Lord of Wimbledon promised to have a chat with me in the VIP tent...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 3, 2020 20:13

They got enough exiting stuff and clould stream some of it every week...

Extra Licks Streaming
Date: May 2, 2020 16:56

Well, at least they gave us something if they are not able to tour.

See the link for live streaming over the next few weeks.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: Extra Licks Streaming
Date: May 2, 2020 17:02

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 3, 2020 21:05

crawdaddy
Paddy

Yes! I was there both nights at The Point all those years ago and right on the rail,a couple of metres from Keith on the second night.
Probably the best Stones gigs I have been to.
Met up with that great Stones fan , the sadly missed Tony Dunn and his mates in Dublin and had a great time.
Can't remember if there was any filming going on,but I got the audio of the gigs somewhere on CD. smileys with beer

There was a guy Mick I think from longford, huge fan and was there both nights. Hardly you?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 3, 2020 21:15

My prediction is this bonus from Blu-ray:

Seven full length performances from the Latin American tour:
1) Out Of Control (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 2) Paint It Black (Buenos Aires, Argentina) 3) Honky Tonk Women (São Paulo, Brazil) 4) Sympathy For The Devil (São Paulo, Brazil) 5) You Got The Silver (Lima, Peru) 6) Midnight Rambler (Lima, Peru) 7) Miss You (Lima, Peru)

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home