Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

November 1969 Madison Square Gardens shows
Posted by: BolinFan ()
Date: April 30, 2020 19:47

Hello, I'm a newbie. Could any kind soul please help me to locate the link for any of the three Madison Square Garden shows? I love Get Yet Ya Ya's Out, and I'm sure that they had a few more magical moments during the three show run at the Garden! I love the 1969 tour shows, and I'd love to hear a little more. Thank you all for being so wonderful.

Re: November 1969 Madison Square Gardens shows
Date: April 30, 2020 20:30

BolinFan
Hello, I'm a newbie. Could any kind soul please help me to locate the link for any of the three Madison Square Garden shows? I love Get Yet Ya Ya's Out, and I'm sure that they had a few more magical moments during the three show run at the Garden! I love the 1969 tour shows, and I'd love to hear a little more. Thank you all for being so wonderful.

Not sure if it's just the ABKCO studio tracks and one of the MSG Nov 27-shows here, or only the studio tracke here - but you can check it out.

But try the other section in the forum next time.

[www.dropbox.com]

Posted by: elwoodpdowd ()
Date: April 30, 2020 20:35

Very generous fans post shows throughout the band's career in the "Hot Stuff" section of this web site. Here's a link to the 1969 MSG shows - [iorr.org]

Posted by: BolinFan ()
Date: May 1, 2020 22:38

Great. Thank you very much. This really helps.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 2, 2020 09:16

It's odd. The other cuts I've heard from that time don't matchup up with the aural tone of Ya Yas. You can see why they weren't included.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: May 2, 2020 14:51

Maybe the lack of overdubs is key

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 4, 2020 02:40

24FPS
It's odd. The other cuts I've heard from that time don't matchup up with the aural tone of Ya Yas. You can see why they weren't included.

Could be Mick's non-overdubbed vocals. They were a little raw on the ABKCO dump but for me that is part of the charm.

Also the ABKCO tracks are Mono MP3 so not as warm as the multitrack YaYa's mix.

Wish they would just give us all three show properly mixed from the multitracks. Hope to see this while I can still hear properly to enjoy them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-04 02:42 by oldschool.

Date: May 4, 2020 13:10

oldschool
24FPS

Could be Mick's non-overdubbed vocals. They were a little raw on the ABKCO dump but for me that is part of the charm.

Wish they would just give us all three show properly mixed from the multitracks. Hope to see this while I can still hear properly to enjoy them.

That is also an important factor, if not the main difference, imo.

Because the overdubbed vocals sound far from perfect. They have a live feel, too.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: May 4, 2020 19:55

oldschool
24FPS

Yep. I wait that miracle to happen too. Great shows so why hide them inside vaults?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 4, 2020 20:06

Single Malt
oldschool
24FPS

Yep. I wait that miracle to happen too. Great shows so why hide them inside vaults?

Ask ABKCO or Jagger or maybe even better, ask the dust.

Maybe these kind of recordings will be released in 20 years time. Then very few people will care.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home