Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones Radio- SiriusXM
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 13, 2020 00:18

ThePaleRider
The Beatles Channel plays a lot of covers by other musicians. Is the Stones Channel doing the same?

No, all Stones and solo stuff. A few short comments from band members. I really enjoy it though.

They could/should do like Pandora and play some related artists - Beatles, Faces, Berry. Diddley, Waters, Crowes, etc.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 13, 2020 00:34

nice they moved to channel 26

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: May 13, 2020 15:04

I’ve been getting on on channel 717 in my truck and channel 26.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 13, 2020 20:57

Again listening to SFD of LYL on channel 717; not complaining just enjoying the way the Stones played that song in 1975-76. Yes the version on GYYYO is fantastic but the 75-76 is fuvcking wild. Mick is barking like a maniac and Keith is whacking the riffs away while Charlie is going crazy on his tomtoms; Woodie is fingering his guitarneck downlow by the bridge like the devil he was. Real Mephistopheles's music!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Rolling Stones Radio -Sirius XM
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 25, 2020 19:05

This has been great to listen with. And they do a great job of mixing the old with new. Also they play the songs we also complain about not being played in concert. Now they will play classic warhorses but it blengdsin nicely as it does not hog the song format - It's great to hear for for example such as yesterday When the whip comes down, You Got to Walk and Don't Look Back, Eileen, and Respectable back to back

This station needs to stay on -- It's more fun hearing a great song on the radio instead of pondering what you want to hear next!!! Also I've heard intervirews with Theeordara , Don Was, etc.. and their favorite Stones songs!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-25 19:40 by Chris Fountain.

Re: Rolling Stones Radio -Sirius XM
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 25, 2020 19:08

Jeff Beck's guitar work on Just Another Night!!

Date: May 25, 2020 19:22

TumblinDice76
Jeff Beck's guitar work on Just Another Night!!

I always thought it was Santriani but maybe he was just tour support player - Good to know!!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 25, 2020 20:26

Chris I actually pulled up the album credits to look myself. I wasn't 100% sure myself but then when I read Jeff Beck I thought, of course!

Date: May 27, 2020 19:29

Really enjoyed Don Was as guest DJ this morning. Great stories and rare cuts.
Give it a replay.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: May 28, 2020 00:00

This station will stay - I'm willing to bet !!!!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: May 29, 2020 00:06

Has anyone else noticed that they are not playing much from the ABKCO era especially pre-65? When they do, it's usually a live version. Maybe they couldn't get a deal with ABKCO which seems like their usual MO,

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 2, 2020 02:19

Chris Fountain

Woulda lost that bet cool smiley
Off now.. like my cancelled subscription will soon be.

Date: June 2, 2020 11:41

MisterDDDD
Chris Fountain

Woulda lost that bet cool smiley
Off now.. like my cancelled subscription will soon be.

I just checked my I-phone Damn - Sirius XM did remove the Rolling Stones channel. I still think X is worth the price as you never know when cable TV or internet will go out.

Date: June 3, 2020 03:06

I called and complained today about them ending it.

Date: June 3, 2020 16:17

PinballWizard23
I called and complained today about them ending it.

I'm gong to call them today with a menacing voice.... SeriousXMly, there is absolutely no reason for the Stones not have a channel on XM. They should also play the bootleg concert performances just like they do for Bruce Springsteen channel.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 5, 2020 03:42

I'm totally bummed the Stones station is gone, it was the highlight of my afternoons to listen to. sad smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 5, 2020 15:39

Is it up the band or is it up to the radio Cie if a band oriented channel is offered? It must be based on a commercial deal where both parts have to agree on a contract; I am just trying to guess here. I don't know the reason why the Stones channel doesn't stick. In the past the same thing has happened on the Sirius/XM's dial, the Stones channel was up and then it was gone.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: June 6, 2020 16:14

rollmops
Is it up the band or is it up to the radio Cie if a band oriented channel is offered? It must be based on a commercial deal where both parts have to agree on a contract; I am just trying to guess here. I don't know the reason why the Stones channel doesn't stick. In the past the same thing has happened on the Sirius/XM's dial, the Stones channel was up and then it was gone.
Rockandroll,
Mops
That’s a good question and I’m not sure but the Stones seem to be the kind of band that would be keen of the idea of having their own channel. Even more so with the times we are in. They can do live interviews, platform for new music, virtual concerts, concert replays....really endless ideas.

I got a follow up email after complaining about it ending, can’t hurt to call and request it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-06 16:15 by PinballWizard23.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home