Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones Radio- Sirius
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 1, 2020 22:49

They did just play studio Gimme Shelter. First pre 1971 actual recording I have heard in a couple hours of listening.

Date: May 1, 2020 23:49

They have already repeated "Bitch" and "Miss You" over the last 160 minutes. Sirius XM has had issues with short and unenlightened playlists in the past.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 1, 2020 23:50

This is great! I went around and around with siriuXM the other day trying to get the app on my phone and computer (I have it my car already), and they wanted to charge me even more per month. So this German station link works great! Thank you!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 2, 2020 17:05

great station

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: May 2, 2020 22:01

I have searched for this station in my car. Can anyone tell me what station it’s on or is it not available with my regular service?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 2, 2020 22:06

lougio
I have searched for this station in my car. Can anyone tell me what station it’s on or is it not available with my regular service?

Channel 717 on my desktop player.
Gotta think the free stream is available on reg service.

Really enjoying it.

Date: May 2, 2020 22:16

I went through the entire channel list and found stations for bands that have no business having stations. I simply can’t find t
The Stones Station no4 can I get anyone at Serious to respond to my question.

Re: Rolling Stones Radio - SiriusXM
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 2, 2020 23:05

Rolling Stones Radio is on an "Xtra Channel", available on the app and online only.

[www.siriusxm.com]

Re: Rolling Stones Radio - SiriusXM
Date: May 3, 2020 00:05

Thank You

Re: Rolling Stones Radio- SiriusXM
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 4, 2020 09:21

i've been listening all weekend. agree with the others, it's mainly non ABKCO stuff. They play Ghost Town probably once an hour and basically, i'm already sick of that song. There's also a temporary Bowie channel for the month of May, so when Ghost Town comes on, i switch over to that. It's too bad they are playing it so often. I guess they don't expect listeners to be on all day as I have been.

I did hear Salt of the Earth today which was really nice!

Only other thing I don't like is every once in a while an announcer comes on and say something like "let's salute Sir Mick Jagger and fellow Glimmer Twin, Keith Richards, along with their bandmates Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts." Makes it seem like Ronnie and Charlie are after afterthought. Charlie's an original, so that's not cool.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 4, 2020 12:35

They play Ghost Town probably once an hour and basically, i'm already sick of that song.

LIGT is now officially a War horse! smiling smiley

Date: May 4, 2020 18:07

Like CindyC said "i've been listening all weekend. agree with the others, it's mainly non ABKCO stuff."

It seems odd that they are neglecting the pre 68 catalog. Something is going on here. I suspect there is some sort of royalty issue.

I am not really complaining as it it fantastic to hear all Stones all the time.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 4, 2020 23:20

lougio
I went through the entire channel list and found stations for bands that have no business having stations. I simply can’t find t
The Stones Station no4 can I get anyone at Serious to respond to my question.

No kidding, a whole bunch of other bands with nowhere near the catalog have had stations for a long time available on non-intsrnet related media.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 5, 2020 00:30

Don't wanna pick on Guns N Roses.....but.....really they get an actual channel that isn't internet related? Kind of curious as to how long it would take to get through their entire catalog.

Appetite-54 minutes
GnR Lies-34 minutes
Illusion 1-76 minutes
Illusion 2-76 minutes
Spaghetti-46 minutes
Democracy-71 minutes

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: May 7, 2020 23:39

I like hearing the announcer between some songs. It would be nice to have recordings of the announcer and the interviews.

I'm surprised to hear solo efforts.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 8, 2020 10:23

.... its a good listen and its a surprise when
they throw in the odd solo tracks here an there ... like

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: May 8, 2020 14:16

I have listened to the Stones channel a lot because it is like an endless playlist picked up by someone else so there is a little bit of a surprise factor. It is somewhat repetitive, not too exciting for hardcore fans.But it is the Stones' music nonstop which is practical and enjoyable. I have noticed that the station plays solo music from Keith and Mick but not from Ron and Charlie.
As the songwriters, are Mick and Keith the only ones making money on that deal?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: May 8, 2020 19:26

Sent Sirius/XM a email yesterday requesting our channel get made a permanent channel. If the Beatles get a permanent channel so should the Stones!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 9, 2020 06:57

timmyj3
They did just play studio Gimme Shelter. First pre 1971 actual recording I have heard in a couple hours of listening.

Was having a giggle thinking the only thing they'll do is loop HONK for 30 days...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 9, 2020 10:30

CindyC
i've been listening all weekend. agree with the others, it's mainly non ABKCO stuff. They play Ghost Town probably once an hour and basically, i'm already sick of that song. There's also a temporary Bowie channel for the month of May, so when Ghost Town comes on, i switch over to that. It's too bad they are playing it so often. I guess they don't expect listeners to be on all day as I have been.

I did hear Salt of the Earth today which was really nice!

Only other thing I don't like is every once in a while an announcer comes on and say something like "let's salute Sir Mick Jagger and fellow Glimmer Twin, Keith Richards, along with their bandmates Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts." Makes it seem like Ronnie and Charlie are after afterthought. Charlie's an original, so that's not cool.

What do you expect from a younger, or less knowledgeable disc jockey? It's almost like the old days when they referred to the band as 'Mick and the Boys'.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: May 9, 2020 18:15

Classic vinyl is playing all Stones. Lots of Keith.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 11, 2020 15:54

... its a good listen and its a surprise when
they throw in the odd solo tracks here an there ... like

Yesterday they played Loving Cup and Hang Fire back to back -keep the channel permanent

Date: May 11, 2020 18:51

Tasty and really enjoying it in my work from home office!

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: May 11, 2020 19:42

Listened yesterday for couple of hrs.in the car. Great to hear! I agree-keep it permanent!!!

Date: May 11, 2020 21:41

Loving this on Classic Vinyl. No doubt the Stones should have a permanent station on SeriusXM.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 11, 2020 21:44

Wow!!! ... Corvairs by the ton ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 11, 2020 22:04

lougio

I think it's 26 - the normal Classic Vinyl Channel.
Led Zep is on 28 - the normal Deep Tracks

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: May 11, 2020 22:33

Led Zep is Channel 27. It rocks and is better curated than the Stones channel

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: May 12, 2020 16:26

Seriously, if you all enjoy the Stones and Zepp channels send listener care an email. When Beatles got their channel it started as a limited engagement as well.

I’m really enjoying the two of these, really all I’ve been listening to since 5/1.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: May 12, 2020 17:48

The Beatles Channel plays a lot of covers by other musicians. Is the Stones Channel doing the same?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home