Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones - Angie - REACTION
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 29, 2020 05:51

Brilliant reaction to someone hearing Angie for the first time............ [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-29 06:33 by EddieByword.

Re: THE ROLLING STONES - ANGIE - REACTION
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 29, 2020 06:03

Good video, my favourite Stones song. My niece was named after this song!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 29, 2020 06:20

That was fun following along to the guys first listen.
Could see it so clearly impacting him in real time.

What a great song, thanks for posting this.

Re: The Rolling Stones - Angie - REACTION
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 29, 2020 07:01

What rabbit hole dis JayV cat been livin down ...
reckons he loves da Stones ..but has never heard Angie ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 29, 2020 12:08

Rockman
What rabbit hole dis JayV cat been livin down ...
reckons he loves da Stones ..but has never heard Angie ....

Song is 47 years old. He looks about 9 (to me)

Date: April 29, 2020 12:32

.... Oh dear ....
yeah i'm not real good at pickin the age of guys

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 29, 2020 12:40

Oh, there’s too many of these videos on YouTube, now!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 29, 2020 12:46

When it came out,many fans didn't like it.
I always thought nice intro, great song,great vocals and piano.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 29, 2020 13:11

Thats' funny.

I also checked the guy's reaction to "Gimme Shelter". He is especially impressed by the lyrics there (covered in the video) - and Clayton's part especially - and the 'message' of the song altogether. And compared to that today's rap is "rubbish". But my reaction is: 'boy, you are just scratching the surface there - that tune is so huge that it needs lots of listening to really 'get it' in its total supremacy'. But I wonder if the music listeners today have that kind of attention span to really to do that. We old school members of rock generations spend about all of our spare time in doing that....

Remembers me also of myself when I first time get to hear, for example, "Gimme Shelter", after having purchased LET IT BLEED (that was in 1982, and the song was quaint, hehehe, and I really haven't heard it or about it ever before). I recall it sounding impressive, powerful and threatening, but 'odd' - that there was so much, too much going on that it really went out of my head. It really took a couple of listenings - no, probably years of listening - to really start understanding what there was going on. And still even today there remains some odd mystery there. The presence of something beyond the words or even music.

It even took some time to really get hooked by the sneaking intro - it litte by little starts going inside your skin, and since getting there, it stays there forever. Probably the most irrestible intro ever laid in a rock song. Gives me shivers every bloody time I hear it. And it is 'just' an intro... the whole song is just an incredible, demanding listening experience. I am still today totally exhausted after listened it - it affects your body, your mind... Probably that's why I listen it rather rarely these days. There is nothing 'easy listening' in that song if you know what I mean. I need to have a certain mind frame to be ready for it...

But I find it intersting how the (young) people react to the Stones classics today. How those sound to them and for their 'fresh' ears. My impression is that if they little bit leave their prejudices out, the Stones at their peak will speak in a rather universal language many of them will recognize. It is just so powerful music.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-29 13:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: April 29, 2020 14:09

These 2 guys are funny to watch, especially on gimme shelter …

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 29, 2020 14:56

The reaction clips are big business on Tube. I think it is a great thing to watch a young generation get hit again with some of the classics. there have been many reaction clips where it made me re-hear the song as if for the first time.
But then it became silly because there are obviously people who have heard these songs.
But some make it a real study. there is a guy Soul Train Bro who is fantastic.

Date: April 29, 2020 15:08

thomashanck
These 2 guys are funny to watch, especially on gimme shelter …

[www.youtube.com]

grinning smiley .......... thumbs up

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 29, 2020 15:14

Angie : what a composition! That young guy identifies on the spot (I am willing to believe his reaction as genuine) the qualities of the song. Although he does not mention the lyrics which are pretty good too. It is a broke-up song that resonates deep if one has experimented that type of heartbreak.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: April 29, 2020 16:08

Song is 47 years old.

So cool, and still I am getting goose bumps when hearing it.

And what a great piano by blessed Nicky Hopkins.

NB: And someone on youtube tell 'em please that this song was written by Keith Richards and is not about Angie Bowie.

Cheers

d.f

Date: April 29, 2020 16:39

dead.flowers
Song is 47 years old.

So cool, and still I am getting goose bumps when hearing it.

And what a great piano by blessed Nicky Hopkins.

NB: And someone on youtube tell 'em please that this song was written by Keith Richards and is not about Angie Bowie.

Cheers

d.f

Yeah, a few people already have (in the comments) including me........thumbs up

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 1, 2020 02:15

I normally don't like to speak negatively about the Stones, but since this topic is posted, Angie is probably my least favorite Stones Song.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 1, 2020 02:48

I like the Tori Amos version.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 1, 2020 04:43

Not sure all of these "reaction" videos are completely honest and truthful - some come across as an act....a bit dubious...

Date: May 1, 2020 04:50

Yeah I'm with you on this one ….
Isolation videos … just a chance ta get their mug on Tube …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 1, 2020 06:15

The guy JayveeTV is a really nice guy. And he almost has a spiritual brother called "JBLETHAL TV."

The second guy absolutely overwhelmed from listening to music from the 60s and 70s.

Here is his take on Gimme Shelter:

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 1, 2020 06:28

Doxa
Remembers me also of myself when I first time get to hear, for example, "Gimme Shelter", after having purchased LET IT BLEED (that was in 1982, and the song was quaint, hehehe, and I really haven't heard it or about it ever before). I recall it sounding impressive, powerful and threatening, but 'odd' - that there was so much, too much going on that it really went out of my head. It really took a couple of listenings - no, probably years of listening - to really start understanding what there was going on. And still even today there remains some odd mystery there. The presence of something beyond the words or even music.

- Doxa

I find that there is this almost subsonic shuddering temolo on the bottom end of Ginne Shelter that is so unique. It's like it is buried in the muddy mix like some foreboding spirit making its presence known. You don't necessarily hear it unless you focus and concentrate on it. I wonder if it is just some happy accident like two bass lines recorded on top of each other with slightly different tuning and you get a shuddering beat frequency as a result. Like threatening thunder off in the distance.

I am no expert on house music and all of the variations on the theme. On another level I have always considered the music in Gimme Shelter to have a trance-like effect om you. So perhaps some people in the know would consider it to be the grandfather of trance music... At least it is for me!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 1, 2020 09:48

MileHigh

I find that there is this almost subsonic shuddering temolo on the bottom end of Ginne Shelter that is so unique. It's like it is buried in the muddy mix like some foreboding spirit making its presence known. You don't necessarily hear it unless you focus and concentrate on it. I wonder if it is just some happy accident like two bass lines recorded on top of each other with slightly different tuning and you get a shuddering beat frequency as a result. Like threatening thunder off in the distance.

I am no expert on house music and all of the variations on the theme. On another level I have always considered the music in Gimme Shelter to have a trance-like effect om you. So perhaps some people in the know would consider it to be the grandfather of trance music... At least it is for me!

it's trains of thought like this that lead me to sit there for hours listening to the first 30 41 seconds of the song

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-01 09:50 by Nikkei.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 18, 2020 05:34

so funny, i was literally just watching this guys reaction videos and came here to see if you guys had any thoughts on them. He's loving Sympathy and Try a Little Tenderness.

I don't know why it makes me so happy to see young people hearing these songs for supposedly the first time and seeing them appreciate it. It makes me hopeful.

[www.youtube.com]

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 18, 2020 16:43

Maybe a new genre of YT videos that show people reacting to YT reaction videos...

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 19, 2020 10:11

BluzDude
I normally don't like to speak negatively about the Stones, but since this topic is posted, Angie is probably my least favorite Stones Song.

Are you refering to the studio version or to the live versions as well? Initially I really liked the studio Version because I always liked most parts of GHS. Then, back in 1977, I heard the live version on the Brussels Affair Bootleg. After some time I preferred that version. Nowadays I liked both although I must say that I am quite indifferent about later live versions. They're nice to hear, sure, but leave me relatively cold.

The song was probably such a huge success back in 1973 because the Stones changed their style dramatically to something completely unexpected and did not try to repeat tosde Exile-on-Mainstreet-type Songs.

Date: May 19, 2020 17:44

tatters
I like the Tori Amos version.

[www.youtube.com]

Drama as usual, and a very expensive piano. I like it. thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1295
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home