Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cadillac Records
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: April 24, 2020 04:49

This is a great movie, now showing on Netflix, and is based on true events. Adrien Brody plays the role of Leonard Chess of Chess Records. It features the music of Ertha Kitt. Willie Dixon, Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, and many other musicians from many years ago. A group of five boys, playing the Rolling Stones, tell of their love of black soul music and the blues and how it profoundly influenced their music.

If you love the Stones, you will love this movie. Their rendition of Mannish Boy is as good as or better than the original. By the way, I saw them play this song at a concert, and it was fantastic.

Re: Cadillac Records
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 24, 2020 04:53

Yes I saw this movie when it came out. Its pretty out. Topic should be OT

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 24, 2020 05:10

More Hot Rocks
Yes I saw this movie when it came out. Its pretty out. Topic should be OT

2120 S Michigan Ave. winking smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 24, 2020 15:42

It is a good movie though the truth is stretched a bit apparently, which isn't surprising as this happens with a lot of movies based on real events.

For example, there apparently wasn't an affair with Etta James, and he didn't die driving away the day he left Chess for good. And Chess was run by 2 brothers, they cut out the other completely.

But fun movie to watch, the guy who did Howlin' Wolf was great. Beyonce also did a great version of "I'd Rather Go Blind". And if you watch close enough, brief appearance by the real Hubert Sumlin.

Finally took the tour in Chicago last summer while there for the tour opener.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: April 24, 2020 15:59

To More Hot Rocks

This is not an off topic post. While I am sure you did see this old movie years ago, I doubt if very few of us did see it. So it was new to me and many others who saw it recently on Netflix. Listening to this movie music makes it clear to me where the early Stones music came from and how it evolved over the years.

A true off topic would be the one where fans are asked which concert they have tickets for. My post is definitely relevant to the Stones.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 24, 2020 16:45

I saw the movie a while back and really enjoyed. As stated above, it is "based" on the truth.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 17:12

Before Chicago 1 last year I wanted to hit up Chess before the show. Being a Friday afternoon in Chicago in June, wasn't really feasible. Next time though!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 24, 2020 18:43

I enjoyed the Beyoncé moments.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 24, 2020 21:02

I like it, but Beyoncé gets annoying in the long run.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 24, 2020 21:12

flilflam
To More Hot Rocks

This is not an off topic post. While I am sure you did see this old movie years ago, I doubt if very few of us did see it. So it was new to me and many others who saw it recently on Netflix. Listening to this movie music makes it clear to me where the early Stones music came from and how it evolved over the years.

A true off topic would be the one where fans are asked which concert they have tickets for. My post is definitely relevant to the Stones.

You are right. I stand corrected

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home