Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768Next
Current Page: 63 of 68
Re: New Rolling Stones song "Living In A Ghost Town" out now
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 29, 2021 04:39

donvis
GasLightStreet
I forgot how different the vox were with this version:

was this radio edit version ever available on CD or download? I still have not found it.

I have no idea. I only know of the single version, the single edit version, the Ghost Light edit and the Alok remix. They all seem to feature the same vocals, where as that radio mix is different with the vocals on the bridge "creep in my bed" being different and the edit to the pause has a different instrument mix and the ending is different.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 24, 2021 12:34

Among STICKY FINGERS and BLACK AND BLUE Anniversaries, let us not forget 1st Anniversary of this little latter-day gem!

Yeah, it's been a year since the release of "Living In A Ghost Town". I'll share some statistics later.

- Doxa

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 24, 2021 12:38

Doxa
Among STICKY FINGERS and BLACK AND BLUE Anniversaries, let us not forget 1st Anniversary of this little latter-day gem!

Yeah, it's been a year since the release of "Living In A Ghost Town". I'll share some statistics later.

- Doxa

It'll make fascinating reading as always, Doxa!

I must confess: I've forgotten how Living in a Ghost Town goes! Must've been a year since I last heard it. It's an OK recording.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 26, 2021 13:41

Thanks, Big Al. With the stats one can only deal with facts, and leave opinions aside (we know the arsehole analogy there...grinning smiley). Although reading statistics is a form of art of its own...

So, after one year (plus one day, okay), this is how "Living In A Ghost Town" has done on Spotify:

The normal version: 25,1 million streams (#24 in their all-time chart)
The Alok version: 9,7 million streams (#60)

That's together: 34,8 million streams.

That will make it #20 most streamed Stones song of all-time. The studio version of "Tumbling Dice" has 42,5m (#18) and "Street Fighting Man" 32,1m (#19) but if we count their many live versions too (we speak in millions in both of them), the last-mentioned 'beats' "Ghost Town" still.

How do we interpret this? One could go and compare that to the streams of any big name catalogue artist (The Who, Dylan, Macca, Bruce, etc.) to see that there is not even close any individual new song from them being that popular. Actually, not even the streams of their whole albums are beating it (of the mentioned, only Bruce's album barely does that). Like I've said earlier, it is is unique that such a classic act with a heavy cataloque full of masterpieces is able to produce new music that makes people actually listen it like their old classics. Spotify is good indicator for that, giving us factual evidence. "Living I A Ghost Town" still - after a year - gets almost two millions streams a month. That something close to what "Brown Sugar", "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Honky Tonk Women" get per month, songs hitting top ten or close. What is also noteworthy is that the streams for "Ghost Town" weren't that exceptional when it was relaesed. There weren't any huge peak in first weeks that would have disappeared when the curiosity was satisfied, as it almost everytime happens when the old legendaric heroes release new stuff (something, for example, Paul McCartney surely has just noticed, no matter how much his new album is advertised and hailed by whatever means). No, by contrast, "Living In A Ghost Town") became a steady streamer.

However, we need to still point out that the very top is not even close. I happened to write down the five most streamed songs when "Ghost Town" was released (I did it April 30th, precisely), so that is how they've done during the last year:

1. Paint It Black 136m
2. Satisfaction 91m
3. Start Me Up 78m
4. Gimme Shelter 72m
5. Sympathy For The Devil 70m

I guess I stop closer following of streaming success for "Ghost Town" now, but let's see - if fate allows - how the numbers look like this time next year.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-25 22:45 by Doxa.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 12, 2021 19:55

Is anyone able to post up the radio edit again to download? I had it up on my channel which unfortunately got shut down months ago sad smiley

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 13, 2021 22:31

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: September 14, 2021 21:29

Thank you wiredallnight. Do you know if this mp3 is from an official DJ download site, for example www.ergmusic.com ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 23:22 by snarf2014.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 15, 2021 10:30

wiredallnight
[we.tl]

thumbs up

C

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:54

I just wonder why so many think "Ghost Town" does not fit into touring. Sure they want to perform it. Are the lyrics not appropriate? I am not English spoken, so I am not touched by lyrics. I just hear how the song is working.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:58

Definitely fits, kind of in the same vein as Out of Control. Perfect song for the #4 spot in the setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 17:59 by TumblinDice76.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:10

bv
I just wonder why so many think "Ghost Town" does not fit into touring. Sure they want to perform it. Are the lyrics not appropriate? I am not English spoken, so I am not touched by lyrics. I just hear how the song is working.

Only one opinion, but to me it feels very "of it's time". Evokes the hopelessness of being locked up and everything being shut down. At the moment, we're past that.

Need a new song somewhere in between Ghost and "Easy Sleazy".

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:24

TooTight
bv

Only one opinion, but to me it feels very "of it's time". Evokes the hopelessness of being locked up and everything being shut down. At the moment, we're past that.

I hope it makes an appearance for the duration of the tour personally.
Love the vibe.. looking forward to hearing it live, reminds me a bit of OOC, which I also hope makes the cut.

If nothing else, it will make the setlist complainers have to adjust their rant from "the newest song was recorded in ___" to
" besides LIAGT, the newest songs were recorded in ___" winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:30

One of only three new official original songs released in the last 16+ years and released as a standalone single...it definitely should make the cut.
Doom and Gloom and One More Shot have been completely forgotten, so hopefully Ghost Town is at least given a chance;
then they can release an official live single version of it since they probably have nothing else ready to release.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:54

Lol.

See?? They're getting a jump on it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2021 01:25

MisterDDDD
TooTight
bv

I hope it makes an appearance for the duration of the tour personally.
Love the vibe.. looking forward to hearing it live, reminds me a bit of OOC, which I also hope makes the cut.

If nothing else, it will make the setlist complainers have to adjust their rant from "the newest song was recorded in ___" to
" besides LIAGT, the newest songs were recorded in ___" winking smiley

I do hope they play it, and I'll predict that this short tour will be the only time we hear it live.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2021 01:34

Will it endure the entire tour?
Granted it's only 14 shows, but they've been known to toss songs by the wayside if they feel they're not working and/or are a buzzkill,
and then quickly get back to their warhorse auto-pilot comfort zone without batting an eye. I hope it survives 'til the end...
I can already hear some of the crowd who are familiar with it singing along to it through their masks..."whoa-oh-oh oh..."..."I'm a ghost"....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2021 03:09

They have rehearsed it a few times, and they might of course try it on Monday for the Kraft crowd. But the real test would be St Louis. I think it would be a great reminder of how the past year or so was, and if it is working in St Louis, then it might work further on.

Bjornulf

Date: September 16, 2021 08:44

snarf2014
Thank you wiredallnight. Do you know if this mp3 is from an official DJ download site, for example www.ergmusic.com ?

No, for sure not. Can't remember anymore where it is from. It is like this on my hard disk, as mp3.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 16, 2021 09:30

wiredallnight
snarf2014

No, for sure not. Can't remember anymore where it is from. It is like this on my hard disk, as mp3.

Wasn't it from the web-streams of SiriusXM or the Irish Radio RTE - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 09:35 by Irix.

Date: September 16, 2021 13:15

wiredallnight
wiredallnight
snarf2014

I think the source is a professional DJ download, and not someone who made an mp3 from a radio broadcast, but I understand if you don't want to share your source.

Date: September 16, 2021 19:14

It's not that I don't want to share it (why should I?), and it is not a professional DJ download! It is as I said, that I don't know anymore. It's somewhere from the web, possibly from that radios Irix mentions, but I'm not sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 19:15 by wiredallnight.

Date: September 17, 2021 21:52

What's that sound between 00:03-00:06? Is that part of the track played on the radio before LIAGT or part of LIAGT Radio Edit? Can anyone tell?

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 17, 2021 22:11

The radio edit was presented on Radio RTE1 on Mai 20th 2020 and on one other radio station. I never heard, that it was aired again or found a lossless version somewhere. I still hope, that a DJ's version or a promo cd comes to light one day.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 5, 2021 11:27

Live version is far superior

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: November 5, 2021 17:18

Live from Dallas.
This is brilliant!
Really is a great tune for the live show.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 6, 2021 00:37

spikenyc
Live from Dallas.
This is brilliant!

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 6, 2021 12:35

KRiffhard
spikenyc
Live from Dallas.
This is brilliant!

[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Give it a few more shows and it will be the new Miss You ... winking smiley

Date: November 7, 2021 15:56

Las Vegas version is so goooood!!!! smileys with beer

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-07 15:57 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 7, 2021 16:02

Mick: "We gonna do the lockdown song"
Fan: "What he say"
Mick: "ah hah ah hah ah hahahahah"

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 7, 2021 16:23

The breakdown at "it would all come tumbling down" again had me thinking "well Charlie would have nailed that" but what Steve then proceeds to do on the hi hat? What sounds like he doesn't manage to keep it straight? Only after a few bars I could determine he does that on purpose

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768Next
Current Page: 63 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home