Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 68
Re: New Rolling Stones song "Living In A Ghost Town" out now
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 5, 2020 22:56

hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Hopefully if they release a new LP this song won't be on it.

I wonder if people said that when Jumpin' Jack Flash came out?

I've never read anything to suggest that but that's how it was then. It would be interesting if they didn't put it on the album. It would be their first stand alone single in 51 years... or something.

You forgot Hurricane :-) And the Doom and Gloom Single was a different version than the album track.

Oh. I forgot about that single version of DAG. Hurricane was a charity single.

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: October 5, 2020 23:39

You forgot Hurricane :-) And the Doom and Gloom Single was a different version than the album track.[/quote]

and the better one

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 6, 2020 05:53

I guess I missed the tone too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 18, 2020 13:18

Doxa
Doxa
"Living In A Ghost Town" seems to be a steady streamer. It has now 11.9 mil streams (#46), making it the third most streamed Stones song in Spotify since TATTOO YOU hits. It will pass very soon "Hate You See You Go" (12.3 mil, #43), and being such a steady streamer months after its relaese, it looks it will even catch "Anybody Seen My Baby?" (18,1 mil, #30) later in the fall/winter.

- Doxa

"Living In A Ghost Town" still streaming nicely. It has now 13.7 million streams (#40) plus the A-mok remix 4,7 million streams (something I just now noticed reported) in Spotify. Together that is respectable 18,4 million streams.

- Doxa

A monthly check of how it is doing in Spotify.

The 'normal' version has now 15,9 million streams (#36) and Alok Remix 5,6 million streams (#79). That's together nice 21,5 million streams, which means that "Living In A Ghost Town" easily makes TOP 30 of most popular Rolling Stones songs of all-time in Spotify. That also makes it the most streamed new song of post-Start Me Up-era. "Anybody Seen My Baby" with its 20.6 million streams is the second, the next ones lurking far behind.

What is nice to notice is how steady streamer the song is. People still listen to it regularly, about 3 million times a month, about a half year after its release.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-18 13:21 by Doxa.

Date: October 26, 2020 03:16

I don't know why I just noticed:

At 2:18 Mick whispers "my friend".

Anyone else miss it? I played it loud for the first time in a while and 'Wot dee hell was that?' popped into my mind.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 26, 2020 04:08

i hear it but not as a whisper.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 26, 2020 04:16

Charlie used to hear stuff like that coming out the White Album.

I hear "stay home and clean the guns" all the time but I think that's just The Voices.

jb

Re: New Stones song drops tomorrow
Posted by: rollman ()
Date: October 28, 2020 01:00

Wow. Very similar, in my opinion to the Specials Ghost Town song.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 28, 2020 13:48

huh?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 28, 2020 13:53

i think he means couple
of words in the title .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 28, 2020 15:49

A "classic" tell-me-forum-question: do you who praised the song when it was released still listen to the song?

smileys with beer

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 28, 2020 16:07

rollman

Yes, it is.

Probably more so than ASMB sounds like k. d. lang's "Constant Craving".

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: October 28, 2020 16:33

maumau
A "classic" tell-me-forum-question: do you who praised the song when it was released still listen to the song?

smileys with beer

Yes. Not that often but I don't listen, say, "Gimme Shelter" that often either. It is what it is, and always a joy to listen, when I feel like hearing a good Stones tune. Worth any praisal I ever did if you meant that.

- Doxa

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 28, 2020 16:56

maumau

smileys with beer

No, but only because I haven't thought about it lately. But since you kindly reminded me, I am listing now ... still love it!

Posted by: GiorgioGomelsky ()
Date: October 28, 2020 17:17

Yes of course. I love to play that bassline on my bass guitar. And i love to play with the Rolling Stones.

Date: October 28, 2020 20:45

Elmo Lewis
rollman

Yes, it is.

Probably more so than ASMB sounds like k. d. lang's "Constant Craving".

Really.

I don't hear it at all.

Date: October 28, 2020 20:46

maumau

smileys with beer

Yep. Often! I dig it.

Date: November 22, 2020 16:26

Doxa
Doxa
Doxa
"Living In A Ghost Town" seems to be a steady streamer. It has now 11.9 mil streams (#46), making it the third most streamed Stones song in Spotify since TATTOO YOU hits. It will pass very soon "Hate You See You Go" (12.3 mil, #43), and being such a steady streamer months after its relaese, it looks it will even catch "Anybody Seen My Baby?" (18,1 mil, #30) later in the fall/winter.

- Doxa

"Living In A Ghost Town" still streaming nicely. It has now 13.7 million streams (#40) plus the A-mok remix 4,7 million streams (something I just now noticed reported) in Spotify. Together that is respectable 18,4 million streams.

- Doxa

A monthly check of how it is doing in Spotify.

The 'normal' version has now 15,9 million streams (#36) and Alok Remix 5,6 million streams (#79). That's together nice 21,5 million streams, which means that "Living In A Ghost Town" easily makes TOP 30 of most popular Rolling Stones songs of all-time in Spotify. That also makes it the most streamed new song of post-Start Me Up-era. "Anybody Seen My Baby" with its 20.6 million streams is the second, the next ones lurking far behind.

What is nice to notice is how steady streamer the song is. People still listen to it regularly, about 3 million times a month, about a half year after its release.

- Doxa

"Living In A Ghost Town" is still streaming nicely. The normal version has 17,8 million streams (#33) and Alok Remix 6,5 million streams (#70), total being 24,3 million streams. At the moment it belongs easily to top ten Stones tunes in Spotify, its streams being similar to likes of "Brown Sugar" and "Wild Horses" (about 3 million streams a month).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-22 16:31 by Doxa.

Date: January 28, 2021 11:32

Okay, checked again how the song is doing on Spotify. It's been, roughly, two months since I did it last time.

The normal version has now 21,2 million streams, and has a position of #29 in their all-time charts. The Alok Remix has 8,2 million streams (#61). Put together that is nice 29,4 million streams, which would make "Living In A Ghost Town" their twentieth most streamed song of all-time.

Its streaming success has slowed down slightly, but still something like 2,4 millions a month (more than, for example, any of Macca's new songs got in their first month). That's rather extraordinary for a catalogue artist. Namely, it is pretty hard for the old guard to compete with their evergreens. Typically, any new product by any 'old fart' gathers interest for a month (or two at most), but then, after the novelty factor has disappeared, the stream numbers will dramatically drop (from millions to ten thousands a month or so). It is damn difficult for them to have a new song that people continue to listen like their old hits. But "Ghost Town", after more than 8 months, still belongs to the top ten Stones songs.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-28 11:58 by Doxa.

Date: January 29, 2021 04:23

Doxa
Okay, checked again how the song is doing on Spotify. It's been, roughly, two months since I did it last time.

The normal version has now 21,2 million streams, and has a position of #29 in their all-time charts. The Alok Remix has 8,2 million streams (#61). Put together that is nice 29,4 million streams, which would make "Living In A Ghost Town" their twentieth most streamed song of all-time.

Its streaming success has slowed down slightly, but still something like 2,4 millions a month (more than, for example, any of Macca's new songs got in their first month). That's rather extraordinary for a catalogue artist. Namely, it is pretty hard for the old guard to compete with their evergreens. Typically, any new product by any 'old fart' gathers interest for a month (or two at most), but then, after the novelty factor has disappeared, the stream numbers will dramatically drop (from millions to ten thousands a month or so). It is damn difficult for them to have a new song that people continue to listen like their old hits. But "Ghost Town", after more than 8 months, still belongs to the top ten Stones songs.

- Doxa

The Alok remix is awesome.

Date: January 29, 2021 04:28

When I saw how much Matt Clifford has to do with LIAGT I was floored. Maybe it's the cheese of the keyboard he played on STEEL WHEELS/URBAN JUNGLE but I've never liked his playing. It doesn't sound like Matt Clifford playing. Perhaps someone watched carefully.

Date: March 24, 2021 22:14

Doxa

- Doxa

This post is from last August. There I predicted that "Ghost Town" will catch "Anybody Seen My Baby?" during the fall/winter. Well, it did not, but this week it finally will. "Anybody" has now 23,8 million streams against 23,7 millions of "Ghost Town" (plus A-Lok version has 9,2 million streams). What is interesting that in August "Anybody" was #30, not it is #26. It's going up, up, up... So my prediction failed because I didn't expect it will do so well (for example, with its 5,7 million streams since August it has done better than all the versions of brandnew "Scarlet" put together). Soon both of those songs - "Ghost Town" and "Anybody", that is - will pass "Sweet Virginia" (23,9m) and "Dead Flowers" (24,0m).

Altogether I think the (recent) success of "Anybody Seen My Baby?" has been surprisingly good. Clearly the most streamed 'catalogue song' relaesed between TATTOO YOU and streaming era. Surprisingly, because it didn't make even HONK collection, and from the base of I've read here it isn't exactly a fan favourite. But somebody out there likes it... I always have liked it, by the way.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 22:30 by Doxa.

Date: March 25, 2021 08:08

Doxa
Doxa

- Doxa

This post is from last August. There I predicted that "Ghost Town" will catch "Anybody Seen My Baby?" during the fall/winter. Well, it did not, but this week it finally will. "Anybody" has now 23,8 million streams against 23,7 millions of "Ghost Town" (plus A-Lok version has 9,2 million streams). What is interesting that in August "Anybody" was #30, not it is #26. It's going up, up, up... So my prediction failed because I didn't expect it will do so well (for example, with its 5,7 million streams since August it has done better than all the versions of brandnew "Scarlet" put together). Soon both of those songs - "Ghost Town" and "Anybody", that is - will pass "Sweet Virginia" (23,9m) and "Dead Flowers" (24,0m).

Altogether I think the (recent) success of "Anybody Seen My Baby?" has been surprisingly good. Clearly the most streamed 'catalogue song' relaesed between TATTOO YOU and streaming era. Surprisingly, because it didn't make even HONK collection, and from the base of I've read here it isn't exactly a fan favourite. But somebody out there likes it... I always have liked it, by the way.

- Doxa

I've always liked Anybody Seen My Baby?. I thought the video was spectacular. Still is. It captures the sound of the song. It's a clever tune. when I first heard it I thought "It's their Miss You of the 1990s."

Rain Fall Down falls into the same category and recently, because of Living In A Ghost Town, I've gotten to really dig Rain. I didn't like it when it came out. But listening to the detail in LIAGT got me to give RFD a few listens and something clicked. All three songs are slinky, with LIAGT the best of them - as well as the best track they've released since EXILE... I mean SOME GIRLS. Er, TATTOO YOU. Well, since Tie You Up (The Pain Of Love). I listen to LIAGT often.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 25, 2021 08:24

LIAGT it's just a decent Mick's solo song, with Stones brand.
The same quality (and uselesness) of Rain Fall Down, Gotta Get a Grip or England Lost.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-25 08:27 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 25, 2021 09:03

KRiffhard
The same quality (and uselesness) of Rain Fall Down, Gotta Get a Grip or England Lost.

Do you rate it at least a tad higher than Keith's solo songs with Stones brand like Infamy or Losing My Touch?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 25, 2021 11:44

retired_dog
KRiffhard

Do you rate it at least a tad higher than Keith's solo songs with Stones brand like Infamy or Losing My Touch?

Infamy and Losing my touch are horrible Keef solo songs, with Stones brand.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 25, 2021 18:14

Imagine if there was another new Rolling Stones song...either a Mick solo w/Stones brand, a Keith solo w/Stones brand, or a pure good old fashioned Keith/Mick/collaborative Stones tune w/Stones brand.
Near impossible to imagine, but wouldn't it be nice. Might not be the greatest tune, and chances are it could be shitty, but as a fan it still would be nice to see them at least giving an effort.
As for Ghost Town, I've probably listened to it and it's various versions possibly more times than Doom and Gloom, One More Shot, and the four extra duds from Licks combined.

Date: March 27, 2021 05:37

Hairball
Imagine if there was another new Rolling Stones song...either a Mick solo w/Stones brand, a Keith solo w/Stones brand, or a pure good old fashioned Keith/Mick/collaborative Stones tune w/Stones brand.
Near impossible to imagine, but wouldn't it be nice. Might not be the greatest tune, and chances are it could be shitty, but as a fan it still would be nice to see them at least giving an effort.
As for Ghost Town, I've probably listened to it and it's various versions possibly more times than Doom and Gloom, One More Shot, and the four extra duds from Licks combined.

In terms of time per capita I have listened to LIAGT more than anything combined post-1983.

Date: March 28, 2021 05:41

I forgot how different the vox were with this version:

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 28, 2021 22:26

GasLightStreet
I forgot how different the vox were with this version:

was this radio edit version ever available on CD or download? I still have not found it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home