Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 68
Re: New Rolling Stones song "Living In A Ghost Town" out now
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 26, 2020 22:00

LIAGT Purple/Orange-Vinyl still available here: [www.Merchbar.com] , [www.Merchbar.com] , [Platenzaak.nl] , [Platenzaak.nl] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-30 16:21 by Irix.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2020 23:49

treaclefingers
I feel like I just won the lotto. I picked up 2 copies of the 10" RSD picture disc today, the Rock in a Hard Place/Almost Hear You Sigh, get home, check RollingStones.com and they have the PURPLE Vinyl version of LIAGT up for sale.

This was previously SOLD OUT and no info on whether or not they'd print new ones.

So I tried getting 2 copies. Couldn't, one left. I snagged it, and checked to see if there were any more left and then SOLD OUT shows up again.

I don't know if I got a return or someone just found an extra copy in inventory and posted it. I got the last copy IN THE WORLD!

Either someone else returned one or someone just found another extra copy lol, because the purple is still available from what I see, and as an experiment I was able to add two to my cart. > purple/ghost
As for the RSD 10" picture disc single, I was lucky to get the last copy of the today at my local record store - very nice looking, and cost $16.99 USD.thumbs up

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 26, 2020 23:55

In Germany you can order the RSD Release
from JPC. Mine arrived today

Date: September 27, 2020 00:11

hockenheim95

You can also order it from various stores in the States now - they open up the online sales for any leftovers they have in the afternoon after the official in store RSD hours are over.
Didn't want to hassle with paying shipping fee, etc., so was happy to see a single copy still at the store.

Date: September 27, 2020 10:49

Hairball
hockenheim95

You can also order it from various stores in the States now - they open up the online sales for any leftovers they have in the afternoon after the official in store RSD hours are over.
Didn't want to hassle with paying shipping fee, etc., so was happy to see a single copy still at the store.

I ordered mine months ago there. The Bowie 74 live Show as Well.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: September 27, 2020 12:28

It's holding up really well. Do we have a latter-day classic on our hands? I feel that every time the Stones step outside their comfort zone, it's always sucessful.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 27, 2020 13:45

walkingthedog
It's holding up really well. Do we have a latter-day classic on our hands? I feel that every time the Stones step outside their comfort zone, it's always sucessful.
As said before: it's a great song. Not that I don't like Scarlet and all the other stuff they put out since abb but this is to my mind the best thing they put out since rough justice

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 27, 2020 14:10

Whale
walkingthedog
As said before: it's a great song. Not that I don't like Scarlet and all the other stuff they put out since abb but this is to my mind the best thing they put out since rough justice

Great song indeed and ... it's again becoming very much time relevant. All over the world more and more second wave lockdowns are being announced or already implemented. No good, but ...sad smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 27, 2020 15:40

Hairball
treaclefingers
I feel like I just won the lotto. I picked up 2 copies of the 10" RSD picture disc today, the Rock in a Hard Place/Almost Hear You Sigh, get home, check RollingStones.com and they have the PURPLE Vinyl version of LIAGT up for sale.

This was previously SOLD OUT and no info on whether or not they'd print new ones.

So I tried getting 2 copies. Couldn't, one left. I snagged it, and checked to see if there were any more left and then SOLD OUT shows up again.

I don't know if I got a return or someone just found an extra copy in inventory and posted it. I got the last copy IN THE WORLD!

Either someone else returned one or someone just found another extra copy lol, because the purple is still available from what I see, and as an experiment I was able to add two to my cart. > purple/ghost
As for the RSD 10" picture disc single, I was lucky to get the last copy of the today at my local record store - very nice looking, and cost $16.99 USD.thumbs up

Ha! OK, don't know why my RS.com store had sold out but I was only able to get one. Maybe not as rare as I thought. Been on a bit of a buying binge in the last week.

I'm waiting for the 4 LP GHS, the Orange and Purple LIAGT, 2 copies of She's the Boss, the 2 LP black vinyl GHS, the GHS with Scarlet single, the GHS deluxe CD, and also just bought 2 copies of the 10" coloured vinyl RIAHP, and finally the CD boxset of Velvet Underground "Peel Slowly & See".

I think I may need to dial it back a bit. Though I really want the GHS clear vinyl which I missed first time 'round.

Date: September 27, 2020 18:30

hockenheim95
Hairball
hockenheim95

I ordered mine months ago there. The Bowie 74 live Show as Well.

Sort of defeats the purpose of Record Store Day - you know, actually visiting a local record store, browsing around, spending more money than you thought ha, socializing with fellow record buyers, and the rest of the entire experience. But granted, the Covid situation did wreak havoc on this years RSD, hence why there's three separate days this year, and why people are able to purchase online (evidently some sooner than others), etc., etc., etc.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 27, 2020 23:44

Question about the album they have been working on for years:
Didn’t they gather to record already back in 2014? And 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019? They did scrap the material or have they just started from scratch?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2020 00:05

Blueranger

Didn’t they gather to record already back in 2014?

Recording was in December 2015 - [www.Genesis-Publications.com] , [StonesSessions.com] - (Appendix - Session List).

Tracks were (beside B&L): Get Out Of My Way, Bad Luck Hideaway, Fool’s Paradise, Bottom Of My Heart, Never There, Drive Me Too Hard.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 28, 2020 20:02

Hopefully if they release a new LP this song won't be on it.

Date: September 29, 2020 00:48

Hopefully they'll release another new original tune of similar high quality in the near future as I doubt a new album will be ready any time soon. Have to say it's kind of bittersweet to have Ghost Towns as a stand alone single
as it leaves you wanting more and you can only listen to it so many times, so hopefully give us another one before Christmas. Eventually, if they release a new single every six months, there will be enough original tunes to make up an album...five or six years from now. By then, covid will be totally under control and a thing of the very distant past, and with any luck the Stones will be ready to tour again.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 29, 2020 00:58

Hairball
Hopefully they'll release another new original tune of similar high quality in the near future as I doubt a new album will be ready any time soon. Have to say it's kind of bittersweet to have Ghost Towns as a stand alone single
as it leaves you wanting more and you can only listen to it so many times, so hopefully give us another one before Christmas. Eventually, if they release a new single every six months, there will be enough original tunes to make up an album...five or six years from now. By then, covid will be totally under control and a thing of the very distant past, and with any luck the Stones will be ready to tour again.

Hopefully, Santa Claus will put some masks in my stocking and a subscription to Penthouse Magazine.

Date: September 29, 2020 08:26

I love LIAGT smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-29 08:35 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: September 29, 2020 08:31

Blueranger
Question about the album they have been working on for years:
Didn’t they gather to record already back in 2014? And 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019? They did scrap the material or have they just started from scratch?

Mick has been writing new songs since around 2008, I'm wondering if they have used these in 2015-2020
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 30, 2020 23:33

.oops

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-30 23:34 by Honestman.

Date: October 2, 2020 01:20

GasLightStreet

I wonder if people said that when Jumpin' Jack Flash came out?

Date: October 2, 2020 22:35

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

I've never read anything to suggest that but that's how it was then. It would be interesting if they didn't put it on the album. It would be their first stand alone single in 51 years... or something.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 3, 2020 15:24

A nice Mick's solo song...but i hope for something superior on the new album.

Date: October 3, 2020 15:46

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

I've never read anything to suggest that but that's how it was then. It would be interesting if they didn't put it on the album. It would be their first stand alone single in 51 years... or something.

You forgot Hurricane :-) And the Doom and Gloom Single was a different version than the album track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-03 15:46 by hockenheim95.

Date: October 3, 2020 19:26

The gap between the release of Ghost Town and the release of any new album could be years, and that's only IF there ever is a new album.
Very doubtful that Ghost Town would be included as it would be like adding JJF to Exile or Goats Head Soup....or to IORR or even Black and Blue.
It's possible I suppose, and the fact they're having so much trouble getting enough songs finished for a new album makes it even more feasible,
but it would be a bit weird imo. Unless...they could take it back to the studio and update it with new Jagger vocals and a few contemporary touch-ups...

Date: October 4, 2020 23:52

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

There was a bit of sarcasm in my tone. The idea of people not wanting JJF on a studio album is heresy. To not want LIAGT on the next album, while maybe a good song, is COMPLETELY understandable.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 5, 2020 18:49

Hmmm, I don't find it understandable.
Maybe that's because I like it so much, and because it was released this year, 2020.

Hoping it's played on the next tour, anyway.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-05 18:52 by angee.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 5, 2020 19:15

Hairball
The gap between the release of Ghost Town and the release of any new album could be years, and that's only IF there ever is a new album.
Very doubtful that Ghost Town would be included as it would be like adding JJF to Exile or Goats Head Soup....or to IORR or even Black and Blue.
It's possible I suppose, and the fact they're having so much trouble getting enough songs finished for a new album makes it even more feasible,
but it would be a bit weird imo. Unless...they could take it back to the studio and update it with new Jagger vocals and a few contemporary touch-ups...

Through The Present Darkly?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 5, 2020 19:19

Do you ever wanna sing "the bitch keeps bitching" when Mick does that "keep" part during this song?

Date: October 5, 2020 19:33

Elmo Lewis
Hairball

Through The Present Darkly?

More like Through the Present Realistically.

Best case scenario will be another single (Keith mentioned the possibility), and it would be great if it was a Keith tune with him on lead vocals w/Mick backup vocals and maybe a harp solo.
When was the last time the Stones released a tune that had lead vocals by Keith? You'd have to go way back to A Bigger Bang's Infamy which was one of his worst tunes ever imo - whether w/the Stones or solo.
Time to redeem and give the world a proper Rolling Stones tune w'Keith on lead vocals...it's been many years since there's been a decent one...maybe something similar to what was on Crosseyed Heart...
Or if that fails, maybe Keith will release a solo tune... his own unreleased version of One More Shot recorded with Steve Jordan would be nice to hear some day.

Date: October 5, 2020 21:17

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

There was a bit of sarcasm in my tone. The idea of people not wanting JJF on a studio album is heresy. To not want LIAGT on the next album, while maybe a good song, is COMPLETELY understandable.

I missed the tone! Perhaps it should've gone to eleven.

Date: October 5, 2020 21:55

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

I missed the tone! Perhaps it should've gone to eleven.

It really spoils the subtlety if you have to explain you're using a tone. BV needs to get video chat going on here so we can bitch slap each other properly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home