Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 68
Re: Living In A Ghost Town German Fan Video
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 10:50

CaptainCorella

Geo-protected and not available in Australia.

Someone made an Upload: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 9, 2020 11:12

crazy stuff, at 00:16 it shows my hometown.
who sent that pic in, please?

cheers, fillmore

Date: July 9, 2020 11:35

Fillmore

who sent that pic in, please?

Regensburg by Helmut - Pos. 3:50.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: July 9, 2020 18:23

Thank you, Irix.
I was so surprised to see a bridge from 1147 that I didn‘t watch the credits.

Re: New Rolling Stones song "Living In A Ghost Town" out now
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 12, 2020 01:00

I don't know how many of you went to a record store and picked up a copy of living in a ghost town. I did last Friday.
It's definitely a totally different experience to spin this on a record player from just listening on YouTube.
It's a damn cool song when played in the appropriate format. I would say it beats criss cross.
Really looking forward to a new stones album

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 12, 2020 01:45

Yeah it does sound a lot different to me than when I was listening to it via internet. I dont know if its a different mix that what was before, or if its just it playing on a big system, but it really hit me hard when I played my vinyl. I also think its way better than Criss Cross, but that is to expected I think, Criss Cross is and remains a throwaway, one that was resurrected, but a throwaway just the same. I dont think this LIAGT is at all; one of their better contemporary songs and performances.

jb

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2020 17:51

If they had been more interested in the quality of what they were doing perhaps VOODOO, BRIDGES and BANG could've been better. LIAGT could fit in easily on BRIDGES and it would hopefully keep MAWGJ and Gunface off.

Alas, so it goes. Hopefully the rest of the new album, if it ever comes out, is as good as LIAGT and better than VL, BTB and ABB combined.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 15, 2020 15:45

Some Spotify update ('what the kids up to'...): "Living In A Ghost Town" is now #55 with its 9,8 million views, just lurking behind "Ride 'Em On Down" (10,2 m), "Fool To Cry" (10,2 m) and "Just Your Fool" (10,6 m) in their all-time ranking. "Hate To See You Go" (#44, 12,0 m) and "Anybody Seen My Baby?" (#30, 17,6 m) are the most viewed post-TATTOO YOU tracks, so "Ghost Town" will be TOP 3 in that category quite soon after passing those two other mentioned BLUE & LONESOME tracks... Or not quite, since "Doom & Gloom" has two strong entries: Jeff Bhasker Mix (#68, 6,5 m) & HONK version (#73, 5,8 m). That's 12,3 m views together.

- Doxa

P.S. The way Spotify calculates stuff makes tricks. For example, "Fool To Cry" has some 3.8 mil 'extra' views from SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES (claimed to be 'remastered'???) added to 10,2 mil from the 'regular' version of BLACK AND BLUE.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-15 16:10 by Doxa.

Date: July 16, 2020 13:49

Views or streams?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 16, 2020 15:07

That guy's a riot : [youtu.be]
Homed in on the "Mick's Am songs" pretty well too, too bad "Gangster's Moll' or "Ivy League" never came out ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 16, 2020 15:24

DandelionPowderman
Views or streams?

Streams, but I thought views means the same here (as more general to refer to online services, such as youtube, etc.). However, if that's not the case then let there be a translator to interpret it as "streams" when Doxa talks about "views" in this context...grinning smiley

It is a new vocabulary for me, you know...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-16 15:24 by Doxa.

Date: July 16, 2020 15:42

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Views or streams?

Streams, but I thought views means the same here (as more general to refer to online services, such as youtube, etc.). However, if that's not the case then let there be a translator to interpret it as "streams" when Doxa talks about "views" in this context...grinning smiley

- Doxa

For me as well. I'm trying to keep up smiling smiley

Date: July 16, 2020 17:09

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Views or streams?

- Doxa

For me as well. I'm trying to keep up smiling smiley

The context is the same... but a view is for a video service, regardless of what is shown. For Spotify... you're playing a song via streaming.

It's similar to the context of the word building:

What kind of building are they building?

A very tall building is what they're building.

The verbage is the action of the thing, in this case, becoming its existence, a noun. Right? Something like that. It just so happens to be called the verb as a noun.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: July 18, 2020 16:54

Has anyone else noticed that on Spotify in the US, Living in a Ghost Town has been "added" to Honk (Deluxe), and is now track 1?

Date: July 18, 2020 18:24

Doxa
Some Spotify update ('what the kids up to'...): "Living In A Ghost Town" is now #55 with its 9,8 million views, just lurking behind "Ride 'Em On Down" (10,2 m), "Fool To Cry" (10,2 m) and "Just Your Fool" (10,6 m) in their all-time ranking. "Hate To See You Go" (#44, 12,0 m) and "Anybody Seen My Baby?" (#30, 17,6 m) are the most viewed post-TATTOO YOU tracks, so "Ghost Town" will be TOP 3 in that category quite soon after passing those two other mentioned BLUE & LONESOME tracks... Or not quite, since "Doom & Gloom" has two strong entries: Jeff Bhasker Mix (#68, 6,5 m) & HONK version (#73, 5,8 m). That's 12,3 m views together.

- Doxa

P.S. The way Spotify calculates stuff makes tricks. For example, "Fool To Cry" has some 3.8 mil 'extra' views from SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES (claimed to be 'remastered'???) added to 10,2 mil from the 'regular' version of BLACK AND BLUE.

UMe can say whatever they want, like 2020 stereo mix of GHS, which... is probably nothing different other than letting one know it's the 2020 reissue. The only way to know is if it's unlistenable. If it is listenable, it's the Virgin remaster.

Virgin had MADE IN THE SHADE (which has the best sounding issues of those songs, like Brown Sugar and Heartbreaker - both noticeably better sounding than the albums) and SITS (same with those songs sounding better, Shattered and Beast Of Burden sound pristine) remastered, I'm guessing, in 1993 for the 1971-1989 catalog but didn't issue them until 2005 (as I recall, anyway). Maybe they were remastered later and that's why they sound a bit better.

Just as, on average, that same catalog, I own a vinyl version of the LPs, some of them the Atlantic/Warner and Columbia/CBS editions due to having found an original issue (ER, EOMST) before my time of buying new releases (TATTOO YOU onward), and the CBS and Virgin CDs of the LPs.

I wouldn't find that to be surprising for a lot of Stones fans.

That includes 3 issues of SITS (original Atlantic/Warner vinyl, Columbia/CBS CD and Virgin CD).

Ume did reissue it in Japan. I'm guessing it was "remastered", although, just like the rest of the editions, there is zero information in the liner notes.

I haven't looked to see if JUMP BACK was issued on vinyl, or for that matter FORTY LICKS, GRRRRR or HONK, but the last 3 different labels issued compilation was SITS (and the last studio album was STEEL WHEELS and, of course, the last live album being FLASHPOINT).

REWIND was two labels.
JUMP BACK has been two labels.
FORTY LICKS was one label... well, OK, two, but only one time.
GRRRRRRRR was one label.
HONK was one label.

Date: July 18, 2020 18:31

Jimmy C
Has anyone else noticed that on Spotify in the US, Living in a Ghost Town has been "added" to Honk (Deluxe), and is now track 1?

Yep, it was reported in this thread.

Date: July 18, 2020 18:38

DandelionPowderman
Jimmy C

Yep, it was reported in this thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, huh, that was a while ago page wise!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 18, 2020 18:56

GasLightStreet
Doxa

- Doxa

UMe can say whatever they want, like 2020 stereo mix of GHS, which... is probably nothing different other than letting one know it's the 2020 reissue. The only way to know is if it's unlistenable. If it is listenable, it's the Virgin remaster.

Virgin had MADE IN THE SHADE (which has the best sounding issues of those songs, like Brown Sugar and Heartbreaker - both noticeably better sounding than the albums) and SITS (same with those songs sounding better, Shattered and Beast Of Burden sound pristine) remastered, I'm guessing, in 1993 for the 1971-1989 catalog but didn't issue them until 2005 (as I recall, anyway). Maybe they were remastered later and that's why they sound a bit better.

Just as, on average, that same catalog, I own a vinyl version of the LPs, some of them the Atlantic/Warner and Columbia/CBS editions due to having found an original issue (ER, EOMST) before my time of buying new releases (TATTOO YOU onward), and the CBS and Virgin CDs of the LPs.

I wouldn't find that to be surprising for a lot of Stones fans.

That includes 3 issues of SITS (original Atlantic/Warner vinyl, Columbia/CBS CD and Virgin CD).

Ume did reissue it in Japan. I'm guessing it was "remastered", although, just like the rest of the editions, there is zero information in the liner notes.

I haven't looked to see if JUMP BACK was issued on vinyl, or for that matter FORTY LICKS, GRRRRR or HONK, but the last 3 different labels issued compilation was SITS (and the last studio album was STEEL WHEELS and, of course, the last live album being FLASHPOINT).

REWIND was two labels.
JUMP BACK has been two labels.
FORTY LICKS was one label... well, OK, two, but only one time.
GRRRRRRRR was one label.
HONK was one label.
Rewind had more editions on CD
CP35-5021, Japanese black triangle CD RSR-EMI Toshiba
7 90176-2 RSR-Atlantic (Japan for US)
CDCBS 4501992 (this one is European catalog number, it was different in the USA and in Japan)
UICY-78941 RSR-Universal in Japan.

Date: July 18, 2020 19:06

Those world wide editions of REWIND still fall under the original Atlantic/Warner/EMI release and it's only reissue with CBS/Columbia/Sony.

Rolling Stones Records ended after the last FLASHPOINT single Jumpin' Jack Flash.

UMe didn't do a world wide reissue of REWIND so that's why I didn't bother to mention that one.

Date: August 12, 2020 22:20

Some good editing in this version:

Date: August 13, 2020 10:17

"Living In A Ghost Town" seems to be a steady streamer. It has now 11.9 mil streams (#46), making it the third most streamed Stones song in Spotify since TATTOO YOU hits. It will pass very soon "Hate You See You Go" (12.3 mil, #43), and being such a steady streamer months after its relaese, it looks it will even catch "Anybody Seen My Baby?" (18,1 mil, #30) later in the fall/winter.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 22:14 by Doxa.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 14, 2020 06:20

When will they release the radio mix edit?????

Date: September 4, 2020 05:44

Listened to the Alok Remix.

As much as I can't stand these stupid gazillion processed beats and silly sounds and the phasing etc... I like how it's so screwed up.

It also sounds like U2 in the beginning.

Date: September 5, 2020 15:35

LIAGT Purple/Orange-Vinyl still available here: [Platenzaak.nl] , [Platenzaak.nl] , [www.Merchbar.com] , [www.Merchbar.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-06 20:40 by Irix.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 5, 2020 20:01

Both the purple and orange vinyl are still available on official site (US) - Ghost Town
Also, orange vinyl on Amazon US, but appears purple is no longer available.

Date: September 5, 2020 20:06

I know it's quite soon to say something like this but with how fast things happen and how many things the Stones have put out recently, LIAGT has aged fantastically for me. It's the one song of theirs I listen to the most.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 6, 2020 10:21

It's a pretty good track. It'S also good to know that they've got some good stuff on their hands already that they can craft a new album out of. I've got the CD single. I wish there was a b-side, maybe because I'm always greedy for new music. But I understand why there isn't one. Finishing this song happened under conditions with a lot of constraints, after all. Yet, they made it: they got one out. Kudos to them!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 10, 2020 02:24

Loved this you tube break down of LIGT....

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 11, 2020 11:37

Doxa
"Living In A Ghost Town" seems to be a steady streamer. It has now 11.9 mil streams (#46), making it the third most streamed Stones song in Spotify since TATTOO YOU hits. It will pass very soon "Hate You See You Go" (12.3 mil, #43), and being such a steady streamer months after its relaese, it looks it will even catch "Anybody Seen My Baby?" (18,1 mil, #30) later in the fall/winter.

- Doxa

"Living In A Ghost Town" still streaming nicely. It has now 13.7 million streams (#40) plus the A-mok remix 4,7 million streams (something I just now noticed reported) in Spotify. Together that is respectable 18,4 million streams.

The 'boys' had a hit in their senior years....

Made me think that if the Stones will tour again, could it be that first time since "Start Me Up" they have a new song that they could play without a shame as a set list highlight knowing people ('casual fans') would go crazy for it (for example, in the latter part of the set list among war horses)?

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-11 12:05 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 26, 2020 21:30

I feel like I just won the lotto. I picked up 2 copies of the 10" RSD picture disc today, the Rock in a Hard Place/Almost Hear You Sigh, get home, check RollingStones.com and they have the PURPLE Vinyl version of LIAGT up for sale.

This was previously SOLD OUT and no info on whether or not they'd print new ones.

So I tried getting 2 copies. Couldn't, one left. I snagged it, and checked to see if there were any more left and then SOLD OUT shows up again.

I don't know if I got a return or someone just found an extra copy in inventory and posted it. I got the last copy IN THE WORLD!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home