Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 68
Re: New Rolling Stones song "Living In A Ghost Town" out now
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 23, 2020 18:29

Hairball
Email received from RollingStones.com...more delays as expected....

THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING FROM THE ROLLING STONES OFFICIAL STORE!

WE ARE REACHING OUT TO YOU IN REGARDS TO YOUR ORDER CONTAINING THE LIVING IN A GHOST TOWN CD.

DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, YOUR ORDER IS EXPECTED TO SHIP IN THE NEXT WEEK. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.

A SEPARATE EMAIL CONTAINING TRACKING INFORMATION WILL BE SENT ONCE YOUR ORDER SHIPS.

NOTE: IF YOUR ORDER CONTAINS MULTIPLE ITEMS, YOUR ENTIRE ORDER WILL SHIP ONCE ALL ITEMS BECOME AVAILABLE.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT,
- THE ROLLING STONES OFFICIAL STORE

"Overwhelming demand"....lol...what a lame excuse!
And my order contains "multiple items" (the vinyl), so could be even longer than what they say.Oh well no worries, entire albums of new Dylan and Neil to keep me satisfied!
And truth be told, I nearly forgot about this tune already having been preoccupied with other music - seems like it's a time capsule of the darkest early days of the corona crisis.
That said, it's a mighty fine tune, and I look forward to receiving my damn order some day so I can revisit and relive it!

What a load of bullshit.

If you get it at all it won't be until October probably.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 24, 2020 20:26

Another email - this time from MERCHBAR saying my vinyl "order has shipped".
Along with the order of cd and 10" vinyl from RollingStones.com, I purchased a mystery vinyl from merch bar as seen here at bottom of page - Ghost Town
It has shows no cover image, and has different price than the 10" orange and purple versions shown at the top of page, so wondering what it could be? Maybe a generic black 7" vinyl?

Posted by: elmo wiman ()
Date: June 25, 2020 16:52

Today I received email from Swedish Ginza that my Orange 10’ vinyl is shipped today. Will most probobly receive it tomorrow Friday. Still vaiting for the same kind of positive update from Rollingstones.com about the Purple issue I ordered Long time ago. Today Rollingstones.com website says both the Purple as well as the Orange 10’ records are Out of stock! They must sell pretty good.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 26, 2020 11:33

my range 10’ vinyl arrived today (in Bern, Switzerland)

looking forward giving it a spin tonight

resotele

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 26, 2020 22:43

My orange 10" arrived from Amazon today

Also, earlier than expected Half Speed Masters of VL , BtB and ABB.

sc uk

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 27, 2020 18:03

I ordered the cd version the day before yesterday on amazon, they say it will arrive this monday.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 27, 2020 19:38

Seems gaslightstreet is wrong. Again. I got email saying the singles are on the way. Never did notice that "hidden" record. Why would it be more than the color vinyl singles? Maybe it is a 12" single instead of a 10"? Strange it is listed there only, and with no details and out of stock. You would think the RS site would be where the special items were.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-27 19:41 by jbwelda.

Posted by: elmo wiman ()
Date: June 28, 2020 14:08

Today rollingstones shop says the Orange 10” is back in stock. The Purple is still Out of stock.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 29, 2020 03:37

Dancing in the Streets: Royal Ballet Stars Rock to new Rolling Stones song:

[www.theguardian.com]

Including a video of the ad (for a save-the-arts charity appeal).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 29, 2020 05:37

I played it for a friend today. He hadn't heard it. He liked it. "It doesn't sound like the Stones but it sounds like the Stones."

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: June 29, 2020 07:06

GasLightStreet
I played it for a friend today. He hadn't heard it. He liked it. "It doesn't sound like the Stones but it sounds like the Stones."

That's exactly why this is a great Stones song. The group is at its best when they take their classic sound while turning it into something different and with the case of your friend, who might not normally associate it with the Stones. A bluesy track with sprinkles of vintage reggae flavor mixed in. cool smiley

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: June 29, 2020 11:56

Purple 10" ordered from the Stones website arrived here in London on Saturday, well packaged and looking mighty fine

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 29, 2020 12:59

JordyLicks96
GasLightStreet

That's exactly why this is a great Stones song. The group is at its best when they take their classic sound while turning it into something different and with the case of your friend, who might not normally associate it with the Stones. A bluesy track with sprinkles of vintage reggae flavor mixed in. cool smiley

Beautifully said! I love it every day and expect the physical products very, very soon for my birthday (gift from my kids and grandkids). Live on, everybody!
smileys with beer

Date: June 29, 2020 15:28

Got my vinyl copy today, finally.

The credits clearly show it's a Mick/Matt-thing..

The vinyl sounds fantastic thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-29 16:31 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 29, 2020 16:21

Green Lady
Dancing in the Streets: Royal Ballet Stars Rock to new Rolling Stones song:

[www.theguardian.com]

Including a video of the ad (for a save-the-arts charity appeal).

"The film, entitled Ghost Light, is choreographed by Jagger’s partner, Melanie Hamrick, and Joanna DeFelice."

thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 29, 2020 16:59

Still gets a lot of air spin on SR P4 (Swedish public service radio). And the anchors often praising the song. Even anchors who thinks The Rolling Stones is something their grandpa listened to... Strange...

Posted by: Humf ()
Date: June 29, 2020 17:17

Why is it that so many of the Stones' -I really mean Jagger's- recent offerings sound like rehashes of Gunface on one of their latter albums this century ?

Date: June 29, 2020 19:39

Hoping my orange 10" comes in soon. Said it was being delivered a couple days ago. I also heard the song myself for the first on the radio this past Father's Day on 107.1, which broadcasts from White Plains, New York. cool smiley

Date: June 29, 2020 19:49

Looking at my RollingStones.com order, I now recall I also ordered the damn t-shirt with my order (cd and vinyl) - hence the reason for the delay probably....GRRRR.....lol...
On the bright side, my mystery vinyl from MERCHBAR should be here this week hopefully, but right now USPS tracking shows it's somewhere in Kentucky!

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: June 29, 2020 21:37

Got the cd single today. Played it once and can't decide which mix it really is. It didn't strike me as quite as processed as the 4 min plus youtube version.

What do you think?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 29, 2020 22:01

Humf
Why is it that so many of the Stones' -I really mean Jagger's- recent offerings sound like rehashes of Gunface on one of their latter albums this century ?

Well, I don't think they do and Ghost Town sure doesn't. But Jagger-sceptics seems to to smell blood now that the credits have stated that Matt Clifford had been involved. Soon Ghost Town be the worst thing ever. Why on earth didn't they release a Keith-vocal track as a first single?

Posted by: Nobbi82 ()
Date: July 3, 2020 18:23

"Living In A Ghost Town" hat den ersten Platz der deutschen Single Charts erreicht
Sie stellten dabei gleich 2 neue Rekorde auf:
Sie sind die ältesten Künstler, die jemals auf dem Thron der Single-Charts saßen und verzeichnen auch die größte Spanne (52 Jahre) zwischen zwei Nummer-eins-Hits.

Letztmalig schafften sie Platz 1 im Jahr 1968 mit Jumpin Jack Flash - knapp an Platz 1 gescheitert und auf Platz 2 kamen danach nur noch "Honky Tonk Woman" (1969) und "Angie" (1973)
"Living In A Ghost Town" hat den ersten Platz der deutschen Single Charts erreicht
Sie sind die ältesten Künstler, die jemals auf dem Thron der Single-Charts saßen und verzeichnen auch die größte Spanne (52 Jahre) zwischen zwei Nummer-eins-Hits.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 3, 2020 18:34

Fabelhaft, Nobbi!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 3, 2020 18:50

Nobbi82

Yep, now #1 in Germany's Single-Charts - [www.OffizielleCharts.de] :

[www.OffizielleCharts.de] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org]

Date: July 3, 2020 19:34

Nobbi82

Letztmalig schafften sie Platz 1 im Jahr 1968 mit Jumpin Jack Flash - knapp an Platz 1 gescheitert und auf Platz 2 kamen danach nur noch "Honky Tonk Woman" (1969) und "Angie" (1973)

thumbs up

"They are the oldest artists ever to sit on the throne of the single charts..."

I wonder who previously held the record as the oldest?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 4, 2020 02:27

The single also re-entered the UK Singles chart at #61.
[www.officialcharts.com]

From Music Week: "No.63 upon first release back in May after a digital-only release Living In A Ghost Town by the Rolling Stones makes a chart return following its belated availability in physical form. It beats its first time peak by a whisker, landing at No.61 with 6,820 sales."

On sales only, it re-entered at #2 but with lack of streams the single went down to #61.
[www.officialcharts.com]

Date: July 4, 2020 08:14

The group has had seven #1 songs in Germany:

The Last Time [1965]
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [1965]
Get Off Of My Cloud [1965]
19th Nervous Breakdown [1966]
Let's Spend The Night Together [1967]
Jumpin' Jack Flash [1968]
Living In A Ghost Town [2020]

THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 4, 2020 12:02

So proud.
Of my Stones.
And yes - happens not too often -
On my country!

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: July 4, 2020 16:33

SomeGuy
Got the cd single today. Played it once and can't decide which mix it really is. It didn't strike me as quite as processed as the 4 min plus youtube version.

What do you think?

I really like how the vinyl sounds. I hope the whole album sounded like this. Never thought I’d say this, but: Good job, Matt Clifford!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 4, 2020 16:57

JordyLicks96
The group has had seven #1 songs in Germany:

The Last Time [1965]
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [1965]
Get Off Of My Cloud [1965]
19th Nervous Breakdown [1966]
Let's Spend The Night Together [1967]
Jumpin' Jack Flash [1968]
Living In A Ghost Town [2020]

THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!! grinning smiley

Crazy indeed. What happened in between? One would almost think that the departure/death of Brian had to do something with it. But, even though I know that Brian was immensely popular in Germany in the sixties, I can't image German Stones fans not digging the likes of HTW, Angie, BS, SMU, etc., etc. enough to make them number one. I have to check the statistics of my country, their neighbors grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home