Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 68
Re: New Rolling Stones song "Living In A Ghost Town" out now
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 30, 2020 14:39

MisterDDDD
Stoneage
I like Keith
I seem to have developed almost an antipathy towards Sir Michael

Fixed it winking smiley

Sure, I'll give you that. But that is a simplification. I'm very aware Sir Michael is the driving force behind The Rolling Stones these days. He seem to have outmanoeuvred Keith a long time ago.
Hence the Commander title. I don''t mind that but I do mind the Stones starting to sound like his latest solo record. Which is what will happen if he's given the free space to do so.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 30, 2020 15:16

Stoneage
MisterDDDD
Stoneage
I like Keith
I seem to have developed almost an antipathy towards Sir Michael

Fixed it winking smiley

Sure, I'll give you that. But that is a simplification. I'm very aware Sir Michael is the driving force behind The Rolling Stones these days. He seem to have outmanoeuvred Keith a long time ago.
Hence the Commander title. I don''t mind that but I do mind the Stones starting to sound like his latest solo record. Which is what will happen if he's given the free space to do so.

I don't agree with your statement that they are starting to sound like his latest solo record, but for the sake of the argument, let us assume so. As you say Jagger is "the driven force behind the Rolling Stones" (that one I agree with). So, the question is not that "if he's given the free space to do so", because without him, there would be nothing - no one else would fill that free space. The Stones is that free space occupied by Mick. It is not any artistic choice, or some result of a power struggle or a plot. It's all there is. The Stones.

It's up to us to like the result or not.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-30 15:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 30, 2020 15:18

Mick has reinvented the Stones so many times.. without his vision the Stones would probably have ceased to exist as a band by 1968 or something.. so this way he takes them into the 2020s decade.. keeping the Stones in the public eye, staying as relevent as they can

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 30, 2020 15:33

NilsHolgersson
Mick has reinvented the Stones so many times.. without his vision the Stones would probably have ceased to exist as a band by 1968 or something.. so this way he takes them into the 2020s decade.. keeping the Stones in the public eye, staying as relevent as they can

So true----This says it perfectly!!!
In Mick I trust...With help from his friends---Keith, Ronnie and Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-30 15:34 by hot stuff.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 30, 2020 16:30

I loved it on first listen, but now that I've had a chance to listen a few more times, I love it more!

Well done Stones!

Date: April 30, 2020 16:56

It took me one of two spins to warm to it, but then it really hit home.

A catchy thing. Well-produced. Unmistakenably Stones.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 30, 2020 17:42

DandelionPowderman

The outro or last minute of song is pure Stones!!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 30, 2020 18:03

This song is brilliant . It sort of reminds of Mixed Emotions and Start Me Up , in where the guitar is not as prominent as other Glimmer Twins compositions , it's there (the guitar) but it doesn't make a big presentation ( which I am a guitar fanatic and there never was a solo that was to long for my taste ) The major solo instrument is Mick's harp which is nice . I love the lyrics esp. "blank is heard screaming " I love that big time .

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 30, 2020 18:08

Good points,TheGreek.
The only reason why I don't say "Amen", reading your final phrase, it's that I'm not a religious guy...

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 30, 2020 18:10

I mean your previous post, about the members of the band...

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 30, 2020 18:54

A nice collection of pretty great songs (mostly)

Singles '20 ~ '94
Living In A Ghost Town
Ride 'Em On Down
Hate To See You Go
Just Your Fool
Doom And Gloom
No Spare Parts
Plundered My Soul
Biggest Mistake
Rain Fall Down
Rough Justice
Streets Of Love
Don't Stop
Out Of Control
Saint Of Me
Anybody Seen My Baby?
I Go Wild
Out Of Tears
You Got Me Rocking
Love Is Strong

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 30, 2020 19:06

Date: April 30, 2020 19:07

Date: April 30, 2020 19:09

“We were cutting Living In A Ghost Town as part of a new album, along with several other tracks and we just pulled this one out because obviously, it’s staring you in the face and you say ‘you got to say it now’.” - Keith Richards

[t.co]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 30, 2020 19:12

The Rolling Stones Clock Up Seven Consecutive Decades Of Billboard Chart Hits
‘Living In A Ghost Town’ makes its chart entrance exactly 56 years after ‘Not Fade Away’ gave the band their first Billboard success in 1964.

The success of The Rolling Stones’ new single, ‘Living In A Ghost Town’ means the legendary rockers have now debuted a title on a Billboard chart for seven consecutive decades.

Entering multiple lists on the week of 2 May, ‘Living In A Ghost Town’ makes its chart entrance exactly 56 years after The Rolling Stones’ first appearance on a Billboard survey: ‘Not Fade Away,’ the Stones’ first title on any tally, debuted at No. 98 on the Billboard Hot 100 dated 2 May 1964. Since then, The Stones have amassed the most top 10 albums (37) in the history of the Billboard 200 chart, including nine No. 1s. Also, on the Hot 100 songs chart, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers have notched 23 top 10s, including eight Number 1s.

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 30, 2020 19:24

In Germany it's #22 on the singles chart.

[www.offiziellecharts.de]

In the single charts, The Rolling Stones presented their first new song in eight years, "Living In A Ghost Town", at number 22.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 30, 2020 19:47

MisterDDDD
The Rolling Stones Clock Up Seven Consecutive Decades Of Billboard Chart Hits
‘Living In A Ghost Town’ makes its chart entrance exactly 56 years after ‘Not Fade Away’ gave the band their first Billboard success in 1964.

The success of The Rolling Stones’ new single, ‘Living In A Ghost Town’ means the legendary rockers have now debuted a title on a Billboard chart for seven consecutive decades.

Entering multiple lists on the week of 2 May, ‘Living In A Ghost Town’ makes its chart entrance exactly 56 years after The Rolling Stones’ first appearance on a Billboard survey: ‘Not Fade Away,’ the Stones’ first title on any tally, debuted at No. 98 on the Billboard Hot 100 dated 2 May 1964. Since then, The Stones have amassed the most top 10 albums (37) in the history of the Billboard 200 chart, including nine No. 1s. Also, on the Hot 100 songs chart, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers have notched 23 top 10s, including eight Number 1s.

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Now that is pretty damn cool. Good for them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 30, 2020 20:03

Cristiano Radtke
Cristiano Radtke
There will be an authorised remix version made by a Brazilian DJ named Alok, who've already worked with Mick on his latest single. It will be posted on May 2.

[www.instagram.com]

Despite Alok's intention to release his authorised remixed version on a live video this weekend (which will also be broadcasted on a commercial TV station here in Brazil), it seems that he'll first have to set an agreement to do so, as the remix was not meant to be released that way.

[rd1.com.br]

Darn it, was really looking forward to this - hope he gets it all worked out!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 30, 2020 20:22

Chris Fountain
DandelionPowderman

The outro or last minute of song is pure Stones!!

I fully agree, but ..... how about the intro? When I heard the song the very first time, for me the intro up to the start of the chorus was also clear and unmistakenably Stones. I pointed to my wife immediately ... yes! Stones!
Ever since, every day when we do our strolls around the neighborhood, one of us at some point (empty streets) starts with Woah woah woah ... weird?
smileys with beer

Date: April 30, 2020 21:27

A propos chart positions. Here is something I didn't know. There is a guy in Sweden, Karl Martin Sandberg, who has written 23 Billboard number-one songs since the mid 90's.
That makes him the songwriter with the third-most number-one hits on the chart. Behind only Sir Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
Maybe the Stones should give him a call? If it's chart success they're after?

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 30, 2020 21:53

bye bye johnny

“We were cutting Living In A Ghost Town as part of a new album, along with several other tracks and we just pulled this one out because obviously, it’s staring you in the face and you say ‘you got to say it now’.” - Keith Richards

[t.co]

[twitter.com]

NOTE TO MICK : Hang up the sneakers and rock some super cool retro suede Beatle boots like Charlie. thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 30, 2020 22:00

Stoneage
A propos chart positions. Here is something I didn't know. There is a guy in Sweden, Karl Martin Sandberg, who has written 23 Billboard number-one songs since the mid 90's.
That makes him the songwriter with the third-most number-one hits on the chart. Behind only Sir Paul McCartney and John Lennon.

smells like abba

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 30, 2020 22:01

kowalski
A nice collection of pretty great songs (mostly)

Singles '20 ~ '94
Living In A Ghost Town
Ride 'Em On Down
Hate To See You Go
Just Your Fool

I personally think doing the blues covers was great for grounding them back to their roots, and hopefully leading to better song writing - seems to have worked in this case, guess we'll see when we get more.

Date: April 30, 2020 22:06

Nikkei
Stoneage

smells like abba

You're wrong, but whatever - if it's chart success they're after why not get in touch with songwriters/producers who knows how to make that happen? They haven't been all that lucky with that lately..

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: April 30, 2020 22:18

Liked it at first, but am cooling.
It's very well constructed, but a bit mannered, too much Jagger/Clifford rather than Jagger/Richards.

Date: April 30, 2020 22:23

Stoneage
Nikkei
Stoneage

smells like abba

You're wrong, but whatever - if it's chart success they're after why not get in touch with songwriters/producers who knows how to make that happen? They haven't been all that lucky with that lately..

I'll go out on a limb and say it's not about chart success this time

Date: April 30, 2020 22:44

I agree with you there, Nikkei. I was just referring to the several posts concerning chart positions here.

Date: April 30, 2020 22:58

Stoneage
Nikkei
Stoneage

smells like abba

Why do you think they approached another successful swede, Carl Falk? smiling smiley

Date: April 30, 2020 23:04

Stoneage
I agree with you there, Nikkei. I was just referring to the several posts concerning chart positions here.

Obviously it's perfectly natural for us to debate the numbers our team is doing

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 30, 2020 23:19

iTunes has put up an updated version of HONK with "Living In A Ghost Town" as the first track.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home