Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 68
Re: New Rolling Stones song "Living In A Ghost Town" out now
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:19

LeonidP
Actually you do it quite often, what some call a music snob, in berating others tastes. But no matter, the song is great for what it is. There's no more Gimme Shelters or Sympathy For the Devils left in their careers, this is about as good as could be expected, based on what we have from them the past 30 years or so.

Well if it comes across like that I apologise, that's not my intention.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:19

Just watched this. Like the song. LOVE the harp!!!

Drew

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:20

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:20

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:28

This feels like a genuine Jagger Richards composition, Micks obviously done the lyrics and the music is very similar to Love Is Stong, a Keith song if ever there was one.
Also very similar to Rain Fell Down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 23:31 by keithsman.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:28

gotdablouse
Rocky Dijon
Thank you to Deathgod.

Also, noting that Mick and Keith's PR indicates the 6 or 7 tracks worked on last year that Soldatti mentioned is 100% correct.

Note to "self" by Rocky Dijon : "delete contact info of the insider who told me that the news of the single was rubbish" ;-)

Already said that to Dandy and Rockman in private messages since I was actually told more than just rubbish last night, I was told definitively no such song had been cut. As it was I was feeling like I was being played when specifics I had last time around weren't confirmed by Jody or mpj200 or Soldatti.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:31

This is a real surprise. Did anyone see it coming at this point? I really like it.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:31

georgelicks
There's two versions of the song, one is the video which clocks at 3:48 with a few edits during the last minute after the harmonica solo and the other one clocks at 4:08 on Spotify.

The video cuts out the second rapped/spoken section that sounds like Mick's additions to "One More Shot" ['spare me crucifixion / in your jurisdiction'].

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:32

Woo hoooooo! Thanks, guys!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:33

Thank you DeathGod for giving my locked-down Thursday some excitement from the moment I woke smileys with beer

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:35

In my opinion this song would be fine live in a stadium, I already imagine the audience ... ooh ooh oh!
The text is not bad and very current, but the Stones are not Dylan and their texts are always revolving around a message, it is their way of writing in 90% of cases.
This thing that sounds like a Mick Jagger song makes me laugh, because Jagger is a Stones, so I find it normal, if you don't feel the influence of Keith, Ronnie and Charlie, however, it's your problem.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:36

It's an ok song,sounds much more like a Jagger solo stuff,than The Rolling Stones,but at this stage of the game we need to be grateful to hear anything new from the band,l can't see it being played live,maybe one or two times and then replaced by a warhorse,although Jagger singing here is very good....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:36

24FPS
Good song. Reminiscent of the Specials' Ghost Town. Did they mean to? Sorry if someone already noticed it.

Yes, I expressed exactly the same sentiments earlier. At least it's not just me, then!

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:40

It's Nice. Not Great, not Bad....but nice. Sure we could pick it apart, call it derivative, light, filler etc. but I won't. I actually appreciate that they even threw this out there for us self-isolators. This is the way of the future. One of these at least every 6 months is what we IORR'ers need. Thank you Rolling Stones for a marvelous diversion in these shitty times.

Peace, Out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 23:41 by Bungo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:40

riccardo99

I wonder what is on the single B side

'1 Sided 10” Orange Coloured Vinyl' / '1 Sided 10” Purple Coloured Vinyl' - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.Bravado.de] .

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:43

Irix
riccardo99

I wonder what is on the single B side

'1 Sided 10” Orange Coloured Vinyl' / '1 Sided 10” Purple Coloured Vinyl' - [www.Bravado.de] , [www.Bravado.de] .

Hand Of Fate or Dancin With Mister D

Re: New Stones song drops tomorrow
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:44

MisterDDDD
Hairball
Cristiano Radtke
Trailer: [youtu.be]

OOooooh... first 15 seconds I hear a bit of a Harlem Shuffle vibe followed by a bit of almost a reggae dub vibe...have to hear the whole thing....I think I'm gonna love this....

Agree!! Definite reggae vibe!
A little reminiscent of Black & Blue to me..
Love what I've heard so far!

Yeah, I was thinking Black & Blue too.

Date: April 23, 2020 23:46

What happened to the Every Day is like Saturday thing that was mentioned? Or was that just Rockman shitting with us?

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:49

“You’re still rollin’, rollin’,
You’re still Rolling Stones”....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:52

Listened a few times earlier when it was first released and liked it, now back home listened full blast w/headphones watching official video...love it!

Keith looks bored singing backup in the video w/hands in pocket though...sort of detached from it all....maybe this is one of the tunes he didn't like much which contributed to delays...
if so, oh well...too bad Keith - it's a damn nice tune!smiling smiley

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:53

Sounds like a solo mick jagger tune, first listen

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:55

A re work of Hold On You? from Voodoo Lounge outtakes
[youtu.be]

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:56

Hairball
Listened a few times earlier when it was first released and liked it, now back home listened full blast w/headphones watching official video...love it!

Keith looks bored singing backup in the video w/hands in pocket though...sort of detached from it all....maybe this is one of the tunes he didn't like much which contributed to delays...

What are you going on about, Mick said he wrote it with Keith, it's got Keith's sound, it's got Mick's sound, it's the sound of the Stones and its great, Keith asked Mick to put it out, they both like it and want it out there ffs

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:58

Sat down with a pint of Guinness and a big line of Mr Watts and turned out the lights after warming up with Hampton 2nd half, (my 38th on monday), terrific tune!!

Black and Blue vibes, yeah but also sounds a bit like Laugh, I Nearly Died and as someone wrote earlier, Sweet Neo-Con. I like it, bit of reggae and an urban style crawling king snake tune, the perfect polar opposite of two sweethearts of mine (I dig 'em) One More Shot and Doom And Gloom.

Listened on Youtube and straight after I get I Contain Multitudes by Mr Dylan and IMHO Stones are swingin'! (They Always have done, minding myself)

I just pray we get the boys back on the road as soon as possible and they will be able to put a Little crazy "modern" section with this Little m*****cker and I Go WIld and a couple of others, well one can Dream. But this week has been a perfect birthday week for me, I am just grateful they're still here and giving us all this joy and EXCITEMENTsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 00:00 by MadMax.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 24, 2020 00:00

black n blue
Sounds like a solo mick jagger tune, first listen
Same thought here....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2020 00:00

"100% OF THE NET PROCEEDS GENERATED FROM THE PURCHASE OF THIS T-SHIRT SHALL BE DONATED* TO MUSICARES (https://www.grammy.com/musicares)."

This is nice... on order.
Swore I also saw a new tongue shirt design somewhere in the promos..

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 24, 2020 00:02

keithsman
Hairball

What are you going on about, Mick said he wrote it with Keith, it's got Keith's sound, it's got Mick's sound, it's the sound of the Stones and its great, Keith asked Mick to put it out, they both like it and want it out there ffs

Yep and we're so happy for it M8!!! Keith is just doin' his "Down under in '73 a la 2020 cool" pose winking smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 24, 2020 00:02

I think that looks like normal posture at the mike singing background vox. What is he supposed to do, clown for the camera? That's the other guys department.

And an "ah" for the info on the one sided singles. Kind of a waste of vinyl, a dub version would have been perfect. Hear me Keef and Ron?

jb

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 24, 2020 00:03

If you order the T-shirt is there any guarantee you will actually receive it sometime before the next worldwide pandemic.

Nate

Date: April 24, 2020 00:03

Happy Birthday MadMax

'a big line of Mr Watts'

That's some funny shit!

smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home