Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 68
Re: New Stones song drops tomorrow
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:06

Cristiano Radtke
Trailer: [youtu.be]

OOooooh... first 15 seconds I hear a bit of a Harlem Shuffle vibe followed by a bit of almost a reggae dub vibe...have to hear the whole thing....I think I'm gonna love this....

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:08

Sounds like a song off that Mick multi-artist project from a couple of years back (I find it impossible to remember the name of that band). Not my cup of tea, but still glad to get a new track.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:08

I dig.

Funky Mick, a la Rain Fall Down.

The boy-band hook (Whoa-a-oh) might date back to Carl Falk connection.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:09

I like it. Great guitars, great groove...love Keith's reggae style. And the bridge with that beautiful chord is also great. Only thing I wouldn't need are the Kaleo-like O-o-o-o's.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:10

Little autotune in yer bridge, sir?

Date: April 23, 2020 19:11

Posted by: Justin ()

Works for me!

Charlie sounds great.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()

I'm digging it in first listen. Looking forward to checking it properly after a few beverages this evening alone.

Bravo Rolling Stones!

Posted by: RobberBride ()

Love the chanting backgr singers out of the chorus!

Date: April 23, 2020 19:12

gotdablouse
Cristiano Radtke

A cousin of "Really Wanna Tell The Truth" ?
[www.youtube.com]

Not that groovy harmonica thingy, can't seem to find it now.

Lol I dont hear the linkage or comparison...'Truth' sounds like KC and the Sunshine Band meets Maroon 5 while the new 'Ghost' sounds more like some wicked Stonesiness...smiling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()

Japanese releases: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Posted by: MelBelli ()

MonkeyMan2000
I like it. Great guitars, great groove...love Keith's reggae style. And the bridge with that beautiful chord is also great. Only thing I wouldn't need are the Kaleo-like O-o-o-o's.

He had to have some help writing the passage out of that bridge. Very slick and professional, in any case.

Posted by: Beast ()

The song works for me!! Was not expecting anything this exciting while in lockdown!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:14

> followed by a bit of almost a reggae dub vibe...

Generally speaking, if someone who is a Rolling Stones fan says something like that, I take it with a huge grain of salt. But when Hairball says it, I look forward to hearing it because he knows what a reggae dub vibe is.

Still have not listened, though. Soon

Edit: just listened. If there is reggae I didn't hear it in the sample. Imagination is a powerful deceiver. Song didn't do much for me but at least its something new. Might buy one of the ltd edition (limited to what?) 10" singles but the wait from "street date" on their site is kind of puzzling and off-putting.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 19:29 by jbwelda.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:15

It was okay. Album filler.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:16

Tasteful purple or orange vinyl singles, the CD single and tshirt all available in store on rs.com

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 19:16 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:16

Hoped it would be a rocker, but I'm not complaining! Obviously a Mick song/production. I like the harmonica and the saxophone in the background towards the end. Don't like the vocal effects from ca. 2.05. But still need to hear it a few more times!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 19:17 by The Worst..

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:18

Hideaway anyone [youtu.be] ?

Anyway it's on Spotify, Deezer, etc...gonna give it a first full listen, once in a lifetime thing, eh !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 23, 2020 19:20

Amazon has a different 30 second snippet/sample...hmmm...still a bit Stonesy, but I like the harmonica infested youtube sample better....
have to hear in entirety...verdict still out....but overall like what I hear...crazy to think we're talking about new Stones material...thought we wouldn't hear any until 2022...
Wondering if the a whole new album will be finished any time soon...or if this is just an exclusive coronavirus special single release....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:20

Official Full Video:

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: April 23, 2020 19:21

'Life was so beautiful but we got locked down" !!!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Ram ()

OOOHHHH I love it! Slow burning Funk. Kinda like Ghost by Phish. For any other Phans on here, I say this "I Saw It Againnnn"!!
Cheers Everyone, New Music at last!

Posted by: bengigan ()

MelBelli
I dig.

Funky Mick, a la Rain Fall Down.

The boy-band hook (Whoa-a-oh) might date back to Carl Falk connection.

To me the harmonica, guitar and chanting vocals remind me of Sweet Neo Con.

It would have fit well on Bigger Bang

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:22

Pretty good thumbs up

Date: April 23, 2020 19:24

Ah, yes, "Sweet Neo Con" for the Harmonica part !

Given the lyrics, they may have recorded a backing track a year ago in LA but these vocals are brand new, hot off the skewer, still sizzling too !

--------------

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:27

Ram
OOOHHHH I love it! Slow burning Funk. Kinda like Ghost by Phish. For any other Phans on here, I say this "I Saw It Againnnn"!!
Cheers Everyone, New Music at last!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: April 23, 2020 19:30

Get your T-Shirt : [store.digitalstores.co.uk]

"All net proceeds from the sale of this product will be donated to the COVID-19 relief efforts of The Musicians Benevolent Fund, working as Help Musicians UK, a registered charity (number 228089 in England and Wales), with a minimum donation per product sold of £10/€10/$10. HELPING MUSICIANS UK IS AN INDEPENDENT UK CHARITY FOR PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS OF ALL GENRES, FROM STARTING OUT THROUGH TO RETIREMENT."

--------------

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()

Hairball
Cristiano Radtke

OOooooh... first 15 seconds I hear a bit of a Harlem Shuffle vibe followed by a bit of almost a reggae dub vibe...have to hear the whole thing....I think I'm gonna love this....

Agree!! Definite reggae vibe!
A little reminiscent of Black & Blue to me..
Love what I've heard so far!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()

Liking it more and more - spin number 5 now

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:32

From RollingStone:

"In a new interview with Zane Lowe of Apple Music, Jagger said he wrote the song with Keith Richards over a year ago. “It wasn’t written for now, but it was just one of those odd things,” he said. “It was written about being in a place which was full of life but is now bereft of life so to speak…I was just jamming on the guitar and wrote it really quickly in like 10 minutes.”

"He changed some of the lyrics to reflect the times. “Keith Richards and I both had the idea that we should release it,” he said. “But I said, ‘Well I’ve got to rewrite it.’ Some of it is not going to work and some of it was a bit weird and a bit too dark. So I slightly rewrote it. I didn’t have to rewrite very much, to be honest. It’s very much how I originally did it.”

"The Stones have been slowly picking away at a new album for the past few years. Richards told Lowe that this song was recorded at a Los Angeles studio in early 2019. “It’s sort of eerie when suddenly it’s coming to life,” he said. “I mean the ghost comes to life… I had said to Don [Was] about a month or so ago, ‘Hey, this is a time for the ghost town track.’ And then Mick called me and said the same thing and that great minds think alike.”

"The band hasn’t released an album of new material since 2005’s A Bigger Bang. “I don’t just want it to be a good album, I want it to be great,” Jagger said. “I’m very hard on myself. If I write something or if I write something with Keith Richards or whatever, it’s going to be great. It can’t just be good.”

"The one bit of good Stones news in the middle of all this, however, is that Jagger and Richards have plenty of extra time on their hands now. “We’ve got another five or six tracks and there’s a lot of sort of soul feel about it for some reason without anybody intending to,” Richards said. “Obviously right now we’ve got nothing else to do but write some more songs, right?”

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1915
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home