Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 68
Re: New Stones song drops tomorrow
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 17:54

jumpontopofmebaby
[www.noise11.com]

Maybe they get their info from here. But saying tomorrow.

They're getting their source from this exact thread lol

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()

chevysales
what's really odd is the so called "embargo" no one not even the stones would attempt that now in not just the digital age but the time with Covid 19... I want to believe it but somethings off.No chatter is not the way of the internet especially after the were so well received the other night.

Marketing materials have to be prepared, etc.

Posted by: MelBelli ()

chevysales
what's really odd is the so called "embargo" no one not even the stones would attempt that now in not just the digital age but the time with Covid 19... I want to believe it but somethings off.No chatter is not the way of the internet especially after the were so well received the other night.

Why is it odd, if they intend for it to be a surprise?

Date: April 23, 2020 17:55

Could someone explain what "embargo" means in context to this?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 23, 2020 17:55

chevysales

I don't know for sure, but I'm not aware that anyone knew Bob Dylan was going to release new songs. And young artists release new albums with no prior notification often.

Plus, there is definitely chatter here! grinning smiley

Date: April 23, 2020 18:00

JordyLicks96

You can't play it until a certain time.

It is common in the media. Press releases with stories embargoed until 00:01 on a certain day for example.

Then it can be published.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:01

JordyLicks96

That it's blocked until a certain date/time. With a Non-Disclosure-Agreement you could be obliged not to talk about it or to release it, etc until the specified time/date.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:08

KRiffhard
Nikkei
Really wanna tell the truth

I was thinking the same when i read the "Miss You" vibe!!!

I mentioned it too but hopefully not, it was a lot weaker (sounds like "Do You Get Enough") unlike that massively groovy track where Mick was laying some tasty harmonica!

"Living in a Ghost Town" would work rather well with some of these drone videos of deserted towns...

Anyway, that's 42' to go!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:09

No offense to the OP, but it seems the only source is this thread. Noise 11 is just quoting this thread. I would think that with this many people looking into it this close to release, that something more would pop up, even with the embargo. I’m not holding my breath, but damn I hope it’s true. We need this!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:11

It also doesnt mean that it'll be available for release at that time.

Friday is release day. So if its true, whilst you may hear it on radio today, it probably wont be available for download or streaming until after midnight.

Date: April 23, 2020 18:11

Media embargoes are commonplace. But Deathgod is right to say it’s kind of unusual that we’re not hearing “I’ve got the track, it’s great, but I can’t play it for you until Whenever,” like in the old days of radio.

The reason for that is either 1) it’s a false alarm or 2) the Stones and Universal really want to keep it a secret for as long as humanly possible in this “no secrets” era.

Date: April 23, 2020 18:14

Perhaps there's no chatter because they wanted it to be a complete surprise. Dropped out of the blue. We're only hearing about it because this is a deep Stones fan site where people get insider info you wouldn't hear anywhere else.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:15

Just release the damn album.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:16

I'm in UK so will keep my sensors alert. 4.16pm just now.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 23, 2020 18:16

Search results for 'living in a ghost town' on Apple music...

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:20

WelshEdge1
Search results for 'living in a ghost town' on Apple music...

Cool.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:26

WHAT A CRAZY WORLD WE’RE LIVING IN spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What a week too! First The “excitement” of the live performance of our Boys, with a great Charlie!!
#charlieistocoolforrealdrumming
And then the final word of our prime-minister of the Netherlands, No professional soccer till September in our country.
Now the excitement for maybe, just maybe, a new single.
Man man man great it is!!
Let the music come!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 18:27 by Christiaan.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:35

That Apple Music search result would be a strange coincidence, eh ! 25' to go...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Gazza

Friday is release day. So if its true, whilst you may hear it on radio today, it probably wont be available for download or streaming until after midnight.

Gazza makes a great point. The *embargo* would be lifted today/tonight. Official release tomorrow.

Christiaan
WHAT A CRAZY WORLD WE’RE LIVING IN spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What a week too! First The “excitement” of the live performance of our Boys, with a great Charlie!!
#charlieistocoolforrealdrumming
And then the final word of our prime-minister of the Netherlands, No professional soccer till September in our country.
Now the excitement for maybe, just maybe, a new single.
Man man man great it is!!
Let the music come!!!

smileys with beer

Date: April 23, 2020 18:40

MelBelli
Gazza

Gazza makes a great point. The *embargo* would be lifted today/tonight. Official release tomorrow.

I’ve seen world first plays on radio at 5pm and the single has been released simultaneously.

Date: April 23, 2020 18:45

We'll see. To me, kind of the whole point of an artist suddenly dropping an album or single is just to hit the audience with it, for it to truly be an unexpected surprise.

A radio DJ announcing "We've got the single and we'll play it tomorrow" seems to defeat the purpose, but I could be wrong.

Date: April 23, 2020 18:46

While that's a good point that the single wouldn't be released until midnight, surely if the song was played on radio today, it would make its way onto the internet. It is 2020 grinning smiley

Date: April 23, 2020 18:47

JordyLicks96
While that's a good point that the single wouldn't be released until midnight, surely if the song was played on radio today, it would make its way onto the internet. It is 2020 grinning smiley

Yes, this. It might get played and screen grabs and recordings wind up on YouTube.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:49

JordyLicks96

I remember complaining to the Stones' twitter that the BBC guy talked during the airplay of Doom & Gloom and they just responded by giving me the youtube link

Date: April 23, 2020 18:50

If this is true, what’s the video going to be like? If it wasn’t made before the lockdown they might come up with something creative...

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:50

The Stones always suprised me! If it got to be out for radio playing... On which radio station will it be play first?

Date: April 23, 2020 18:51

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:52

SonofHarlemShuffler
If this is true, what’s the video going to be like? If it wasn’t made before the lockdown they might come up with something creative...

like Hate To See You Go maybe. Can't say if all that was specifically filmed or just Chicago stock footage

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 23, 2020 18:52

104.3 just said we are "9 minutes away from the big reveal"

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home