Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 68
Re: New Stones song drops tomorrow
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:35

Rockman
WHAT !!!! ..... I just made that shit up .... geeeeeez

lol

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:45

So you mean i could just keep making
up crap .. predicting weird shit until I get
one right then everyone thinks Nostradamus has risen ....

Heck I gotta learn ta speak some French real quick ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Degsy ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:45

You would have thought there would have been a hint on their twitter or Instagram feed?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:48

Weeee Weeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:49

KRiffhard
Maindefender
georgelicks
They had 6-7 complete new songs already in March 2019, this must be one of this songs and if that title is correct, well no surprise if it's released now.

Why no surprise? It goes against all your previous posts.

thumbs up
You're right. "They have to choose 10 songs from more than 30 basic tracks" was the last update.

One song is not an album, maybe this song fits the times (just like Highwire in 1991 or England Lost in 2017) and they want to release it now.

There is not word for a new album in Universal any time soon, but they can drop a song in youtube/spotify any time, just like Dylan did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 14:50 by georgelicks.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 23, 2020 14:53

MelBelli
Time is definitely ripe for them to do this. But isn’t this typically done on Fridays these days?

“Tomorrow” in the US (Friday) would be today in the UK, so, this would track.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:00

MelBelli

But isn’t this typically done on Fridays these days?

Yes, "New Music Fridays" - it's now already Friday (April 24, 0:00) in New Zealand.

Can someone from NZ (or with an VPN to NZ) check if the new song is on Spotify.com/nz ?

It could also be that's indeed a global release at the same time on all channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, etc) and that the time of the release is April 23, 5pm UTC.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 15:20 by Irix.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:04

One, it is true that surprise releases are very much in style these days, not just from Dylan. Two, the observation made above is also plausible, it could have been scheduled to be released in advance of the planned tour. Three, (as has also been noted) it's a good time to ride the positive publicity garnered by the One World appearance. I don't know if Deathgod is reliable, but I don't know why someone would make up something like this and set a time when they would be disproved so soon. So, I don't really doubt Deathgod's report. At this point, it's still just supposition though.

The thing that does lend it some credence in my view is the supposed visit by Universal execs to Mick's house. Are we sure about this and that it was confirmed to have happened after the One World appearance? I can only imagine that an in person meeting had to be about something important. And with Matt Clifford along it sure does seem to indicate something music related. To me, I would also consider the possibility that they were bringing Mick hard copies of album/CD artwork. I may be wrong, but just seems to me that anything less could be accomplished by phone or videoconference.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:04

Aparently The Knack are doing a remake of their once upon a time hit song and called it .... Bye Corona ... (not funny really ...)eye rolling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:11

I'm just hoping that it's something better than Doom and Gloom/One more Shot.
C'mon boys...let's give us some good 'ol r'n'r
hot smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:17

Rockman
WHAT !!!! ..... I just made that shit up .... geeeeeez

Then it should be unoficially known by that title now. grinning smiley

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:18

I was contacted today out of the blue by an ex colleague and friend who is a veteran of the radio and music industry. He currently oversees a network of stations in North America. He is not a huge Stones fan but knows I am.
He said he has heard the track, he had to keep secret as he had to ‘sign something’
I asked him if he was 100% and he said Yes.
He said it has a ‘Miss You’ vibe
He had no news on album. I asked him if the song was ‘pandemic related’ and he said no.
I asked if it was embargoed and he said it was until 5pm Thurs UK time.

I’m just the messenger here and I have no reason to doubt him.
He is the music director and program director of various format stations including rock.
I worked in the industry for almost 30 years and this is standard practice, tho the embargo of even mentioning it is a little strange.
Usually you can mention that you have it and will ‘play it after XX o’clock’
If this turns out to be untrue I will be very surprised.
He is NOT Stones connected in any way, but is someone who would be wooed and played pre release copies of songs on a constant basis.
He said the track was called Living In A Ghost Town and was a Stones song, not solo Mick.
I hope it’s true, we will find out in hours.
But very odd there is no news anywhere

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 15:21 by Deathgod.

Date: April 23, 2020 15:20

Thanks Deathgod, this is awesome news! Thread deserves to be a sticky.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: April 23, 2020 15:21

Deathgod
I was contacted today out of the blue by an ex colleague and friend who is a veteran of the radio and music industry. He currently oversees a network of stations in North America. He is not a huge Stones fan but knows I am.
He said he has heard yet track, he had to keep secret as he had to ‘sign something’
I asked him if he was 100% and he said Yes.
He said it has a ‘Miss You’ vibe
He had no news on album. I asked him if the song was ‘pandemic related’ and he said no.
I asked if it was embargoed and he said it was until 5pm Thurs UK time.

I’m just the messenger here and I have no reason to doubt him.
He is the music director and program sidekick various format stations including rock.
I worked in the industry for almost 30 years and this is standard practice, tho the embargo of even mentioning it is a litter strange.
Usually you can mention that you have it and will ‘play it after XX o’clock’
If this turns out to be untrue I will be very surprised.
He is NOT Stones connected in any way, but is someone who would be wooed and played pre release copies of songs on a constant basis.
He said the track was called Living In A Ghost Town and was a Stones song, not solo Mick.
I hope it’s true, we will find out in hours.
But very odd there is no news anywhere

I appreciate you passing along the news. I really hope it's true. That would be very exciting.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:21

BV usually has info. Any comments?

Date: April 23, 2020 15:23

He must have a copy either hard copy or digital as he said ‘ If you don’t have by tomorrow let me know and I’ll send it to you.’

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:27

peoplewitheyes
Bit late to be working on ideas if it's to be dropped tomorrow!

I mean new song ideas! Remember Keith's words from the 90's : "Mick can't spend a day doing nothing. While me... (cackles)" [yeah Keef we know you're a lazy w@nker!]

Well back to topic : if Mick has understood he's stuck in his chateau till July he might try to spend this time in a useful way i.e. writing some new stuff.

And 1%-ers have no problems moving their butlers from one continent to another. Hence the arrival of Clifford... grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 16:22 by dcba.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:30

jahisnotdead
I appreciate you passing along the news. I really hope it's true. That would be very exciting.

thumbs up

Date: April 23, 2020 15:30

I’m surprised so many are quiet on this, unless they were also played the song and
‘signed something’ to not make mention until emabargo date.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:35

Deathgod

I’m surprised so many are quiet on this, unless they were also played the song and ‘signed something’ to not make mention until embargo date.

Maybe it's a global release at the same time on all channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, etc) and that the time of the release is April 23, 5pm UTC.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:37

KRiffhard
I'm just hoping that it's something better than Doom and Gloom/One more Shot.
C'mon boys...let's give us some good 'ol r'n'r
hot smiley

I was about to start a new topic titled 'I wonder how long it will be before the new song is dissed on this board'. Looks like the seeds have already been planted before we have even heard it!

Date: April 23, 2020 15:38

Irix
Deathgod

I’m surprised so many are quiet on this, unless they were also played the song and ‘signed something’ to not make mention until embargo date.

Maybe it's a global release at the same time on all channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, etc) and that the time of the release is April 23, 5pm UTC.

Yes but this embargo of even mentioning is rare

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 23, 2020 15:56

Not necessarily as surprise releases are something rather new, in the past you always had PR to build some momentum. Now just drop it on all the social media to generate interest.

What's more surprising (and therefore a bit worrying for the news) is why they would keep the old formula of playing a single to radio station execs...like Chess did for Muddy back in the day ;-) Why not though if they want to keep him onboard as a friend and it's not like it costs them much. Make sure he leaks the info for some pre-buzz and you're on your way to a hit !

So "Miss You" style eh ? These have been the more interesting songs by the Stones "lately", "Rock and a Hard Place", "Out of Control", "Rain Fall Down", "Sweet Thing" (Yeah I know it's Mick but was started during SW). I hope it's not a rework of "Wanna Tell The Truth", but that groovy harmonica thing Mick shared would be great !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 16:01 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 23, 2020 16:04

I am getting excited by the prospect of this!

But, just to confirm, is it understood to be dropped 5pm UK time Thur 23rd (ie today) or 5pm UK time Friday 24th? Thanks!

Date: April 23, 2020 16:06

Way cool of them to do this!

I hope it is a raw raspy fast Stones song kinda like Respectable or Rip this Joint

Mick and the Boys 2020!

Date: April 23, 2020 16:15

peoplewitheyes

But, just to confirm, is it understood to be dropped 5pm UK time Thur 23rd (ie today) or 5pm UK time Friday 24th? Thanks!

5pm UK Thu 23 April

Date: April 23, 2020 16:15

Sounds like it will be more funk than rock, if this is true. I would also wager that it has a strong hook. I love songs like Out Of Control and Sweet Thing, so I'm cool with it. Heck, I'm cool with it no matter what. It would be amazing to get any new Stones music. I hope this is all true and that we'll all know in a few hours.

Date: April 23, 2020 16:18

dcba
peoplewitheyes
Bit late to be working on ideas if it's to be dropped tomorrow!

I mean new song ideas! Remember Keith's words from the 90's : "Mick can't spend a day doing nothing. While me... (cackles)" [yeah Keef we know you're a lazy @#$%&!]

Well back to topic : if Mick has understood he's stuck in his chateau till July he might try to spend this time in a useful way i.e. writing some new stuff.

And 1%-ers have no problems moving their butlers from one continent to another. Hence the arrival of Clifford... grinning smiley

I know you're joking, but it seems that Clifford is Mick's closest collaborator nowadays. And does Matt really travel with Universal executives every time Mick feels like recording a demo for something he wrote the night before?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 23, 2020 16:19

Deathgod
peoplewitheyes

5pm UK Thu 23 April

So today at 6 p.m. in Central Europe time

C

Date: April 23, 2020 16:20

Deathgod
He must have a copy either hard copy or digital as he said ‘ If you don’t have by tomorrow let me know and I’ll send it to you.’

Send an email
To my brotha
I need an mp3
Send it to me

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 68

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home