Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Another album? Another tour? Eventualities (12) about the future. Foresee …
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:09

…what will happen. I think 12 scenarios. Tell me what (or what else) do you anticipate.

(1) New album and new big tour, as usual (about 100- 120 shows or something more- basically arena tour in US and stadium tour in the rest of the planet).

(2) New album and a shorter tour which include arenas and stadiums. (In other words, only the tour’s duration changes in comparison with ABB tour and the previous tours).

(3) New album and a short tour, but only in stadiums and other huge venues. Less dates - trying to save up time - but still for a big number of people.

(4) New album and a shorter tour which will be scheduled basically for smaller venues (theatres and arenas). Something like early 70s…

(5) New album and the hugest tour, ever. The farewell tour: 100 concerts or more, only stadiums and vast venues (perhaps with a bit cheaper ticket prices…)

(6) New album without tour.

(7) No album, but a farewell tour of the (1) scenario’s type.

(8) No album, but a farewell tour of the (2) scenario’s type.

(9) No album, but a ferewell tour of the (3) scenario’s type.

(10) No album, but a ferewell tour of the (4) scenario’s type.

(11) No album, but a ferewell tour of the (5) scenario’s type.

(12) No new album, no new tour. ABB and ABB tour is the end.

PS To be honest, ABB and ABB tour could be a glorious end. Marvellous album and great tour, in my opinion the best tour since 1994/95. Just my opinion, based on the boots for the time being. But that’s anorther story. Please, foressee a scenario.

Re: Another album? Another tour? Eventualities (12) about the future. Foresee …
Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: October 25, 2005 03:50

It took 8 years to come up with ABB, I just can't see another one coming right after. So I would say probably no next album.

Farewell tour, I can't see the Stones saying this is our last tour at the start of one. I can see them saying that was our last tour at the end of this one.

I'm not sure about overseas but for a farewell tour I would like to see 4 huge open air shows (200,000+), one in Canada, 3 in the U.S. Bring in lots of guest players like the past Stone's members, and make it 4 hours long. Broadcast live on TV and radio everywhere. Make them on Friday or Saturday nights and those that can't make the show can party at home or at a bar to celebrate the Stone's brilliant career.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 25, 2005 04:08

This is starting to get morbid.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 25, 2005 04:10

l personally don't see them doing another album of new material, they may release more of the stuff on the vaults but not new recordings.
As far as another tour of any kind, l don't think so.
l can't see people paying huge amounts of money to hear the same stuff that they have been doing in this tour. "This is the Last time"
RIP.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: October 25, 2005 04:44

"l can't see people paying huge amounts of money to hear the same stuff that they have been doing in this tour."

(a) On this tour the Stones are performing 12 songs (out of 40) which never had been played during Licks Tour plus 10 songs played less than 10 times on LT. How do you know what they'll perform IF they 'll do another tour?

(b) Do you mean the "warhorses" saying "the same stuff"? As you know the big audiences are loving JJF, HTW, SFTD, PIB and Brown Sugar. Liked it or not.

(c) For the time being you see packed venues, even with the $450 ticket prices...

I think that ABB tour "could be the last time" ONLY for one reason: Their age.

Posted by: 4tylix ()
Date: October 25, 2005 05:13

scenario - after finishing ABB's European leg they take a couple months off and return for about 15-20 selected dates in prime venues (where they always sell well) for "The Final Bang" tour. A few are theaters, some arenas, a few stadiums...several are broadcast in other parts of the world, so as not to interfere with ticket sales. Each is truly a special event with guest stars, "stripped" sets, and other surprises. The final show is broadcast live worldwide on cable TV from MSG or London where it all began.

A DVD is released that documents the Bang tours. The band refuses to say whether the word "final" refers to the end of the Bang tour or signals retirement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home