Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27
Re: The Rolling Stones joining One World - Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:03

jumpontopofmebaby
Is there a schedule of who plays when?

No, according to the website's Q&A:

Just out of curiosity, there's no Stones songs on the Spotify playlist featuring the performing artists. Maybe it was created before the Stones were announced, but who knows?

Re: One World: Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:04

bv
I have seen many real live performances with band members sitting in separate rooms and locations over the past few "corona" weeks now. It is no problem to make a "digital" show with performing artists sitting at separate locations.

Are you sure Bjornulf? The ones I had seen where all edited. Usually you have a signal delay of different length when you do something together in different parts of the world. It would be very difficult to get this synchronized.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:17

Rolling Stones Will Perform During ‘One World: Together at Home’ Special

By Chris Willman
April 17, 2020

Most rock ‘n’ roll bands are not sheltering-in-place together at this point, which may account for how few groups have been booked for “One World: Together at Home.” But a big one has been landed at the last minute: The Rolling Stones were announced Friday morning to join the all-star television and streaming special that is set to air Saturday night.

Whether the group intends to perform together, remotely, via some kind of Zoom-like arrangement was not disclosed. But the Stones’ core quartet of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood will all be taking part, a Global Citizen spokesperson confirmed.

“We are honored to be invited to be part of the ‘One World: Together at Home‘ broadcast — from our homes in isolation,” the group said in a joint statement, calling the broadcast “a fantastic event with Global Citizen in the fight against COVID-19.”

The Stones were to have been going on tour shortly, with a “No Filter” addition to the previous year’s outing that would have begun May 8 in San Diego and wrapped up 15 shows later on July 8 in Atlanta. All dates have been postponed because of the coronavirus crisis.

Fans will be particularly eager to see what song the Stones pull out as part of a telecast in which much of the material will inevitably trend toward warm and inspiring anthems, something that is not a dominant theme in the group’s still-raucous shows. (“Doom and Gloom” might be apt in all the wrong ways, but “19th Nervous Breakdown” has some numerological possibilities.)

The Stones will be squeezed into an already packed two-hour telecast that is set to include Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Elton John, Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dion, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Kacey Musgraves, J Balvin, Billie Joe Armstrong, Eddie Vedder, Chris Martin, Sam Smith, Lang Lang, Alanis Morissette, Burna Boy, Stevie Wonder and others.

“Together at Home” will air at 8 p.m. Saturday on both coasts. Outlets airing the two-hour special in prime time include ABC, NBC, ViacomCBS Networks, iHeartMedia and Bell Media networks, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yahoo, Twitch, Amazon Prime Video, Apple Music, Roblox, Tidal, Alibaba, beIN Media Group, LiveXLive, Tencent, TuneIn, AXS TV, beIN Media Group, MultiChoice Group and RTE. BBC One will air it in Europe Sunday night.

Additionally, a streaming-only, six-hour pre-telecast special — set to begin at 2 p.m. ET and 11 a.m. PT — will feature a list of dozens of performers that includes Adam Lambert, Andra Day, Annie Lennox, Ben Platt, Charlie Puth, Christine and the Queens, Common, Ellie Goulding, Hozier, Jack Johnson, Jennifer Hudson, Jessie Reyez, Juanes, Kesha, Lady Antebellum, Liam Payne, Luis Fonsi, Maren Morris, Michael Bublé, Niall Horan, Sheryl Crow and the Killers.

To read Variety‘s interview with Global Citizen CEO Hugh Evans about the planning and purpose of Saturday’s show, click here.

“One World: Together at Home” is aimed at celebrating health workers on the front lines of the crisis, with interstitial segments that will include footage showing how tens of millions of dollars already raised by Lady Gaga and Global Citizen among sponsoring corporations and philanthropists will go to aiding the World Health Organization’s efforts to provide medical personnel with needed supplies.

[variety.com]

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:19

This will be similar to the Elton John fundraiser except large corporations are footing the bill(Donating)for this one. It's been mentioned before but the Stones should do a pay per view with some of the proceeds going to help various charities. Might soften the sting with Ticketmaster.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:26

If it were left to me they would come out and do three Chuck Berry numbers, but I suppose rock n roll is too much to hope for in 2020.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:31

"But the Stones’ core quartet of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood will all be taking part"

(!!!!!)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:32

padre69

The Stones was just added for tomorrow's bill!!!
[www.globalcitizen.org]

CURATED IN COLLABORATION WITH LADY GAGA

APPEARANCES BY

THE STONES and a bunch of semi-nobodies

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:36

Well this is good news.

WelshEdge1
I doubt it will be "live".

I also have my doubts, and am not even sure it will be an actual performance.
Seeing it's only a two hour broadcast that says "Appearances by" with over 100 artists listed, could be a brief "hello, we're thinking of you"...

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:39

Looking forward to see the Stones ! As always !

Re: Stones in One Wolrd!!!
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:51

NilsHolgersson

The Rolling Stones will be joining One World: #TogetherAtHome with Global Citizen and World Health Organization (WHO) - Tune in tomorrow at 8pm ET, for this special broadcast event to honour healthcare workers on the frontlines of the #COVID19 pandemic. You can also watch on BBC1 on Sunday 19 Apr at 7:15pm BST. Find out more here: [glblctzn.me]

edit: whoops, sorry, already posted

Am I calculating it right 8pm ET = 2am Central Europe?

C

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 17, 2020 19:52

Cracker would be great to play relevant song of these times "Turn on, Tune in, Drop Out With Me."

Date: April 17, 2020 19:56

Hairball
Seeing it's only a two hour broadcast that says "Appearances by" with over 100 artists listed, could be a brief "hello, we're thinking of you"...

Those 100+ artists will appear over the course of the full 8 hour broadcast.

[www.globalcitizen.org]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 17, 2020 20:07

I'm guessing The Stones will be very near the END of the show. Hoping for a " Deep Cut", one of the rare gems from the last tour....how about " Mercy, Mercy"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 20:25 by mickschix.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 17, 2020 20:27

As Always - Thanks Bye Bye Johnny

Which network is commercial free is the key here. My not exist.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 20:30

So there will be a 6 hour stream from 2-8 PM & then 8 to 10 PM on the networks. Yes, you would see the Stones on the stream, but it seems they would have to cut a lot of artists to fit into the 8-10 PM slot? Or am I wrong on this?

Posted by: Shesarainbow ()
Date: April 17, 2020 20:34

Most likely will be Salt of the Earth, which would be incredibly appropriate for them to do. Plus they’ve done it before in these type situations. Hopefully Keith will have some semblance of a voice. Will be great to see them, hoping for the best, but preparing not to be overwhelmed.

Re: Stones in One Wolrd!!!
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 17, 2020 20:35

liddas

Am I calculating it right 8pm ET = 2am Central Europe?

Yes, it's middle in the night in Central Europe. 8pm New York = 2am Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin -- [www.TimeAndDate.com] .

Date: April 17, 2020 20:38

latvianinexile
bv
I have seen many real live performances with band members sitting in separate rooms and locations over the past few "corona" weeks now. It is no problem to make a "digital" show with performing artists sitting at separate locations.

Are you sure Bjornulf? The ones I had seen where all edited. Usually you have a signal delay of different length when you do something together in different parts of the world. It would be very difficult to get this synchronized.

There is great software out there that takes care of the latency issues.

Date: April 17, 2020 20:40

Sockers56

So there will be a 6 hour stream from 2-8 PM & then 8 to 10 PM on the networks. Yes, you would see the Stones on the stream, but it seems they would have to cut a lot of artists to fit into the 8-10 PM slot?

The Stones are in the 2h TV-Broadcast, others in the 6h Stream (Pos. 0:34):

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 17, 2020 21:22

Let's Drink To The Hard Working People, Let's Drink To The Salt Of The Earth!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 17, 2020 21:25

Who need leaders but get gamblers instead

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 22:01

MisterDDDD
"But the Stones’ core quartet of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood will all be taking part"

(!!!!!)
What about D. Jones?....can't play Miss You without the bassist!

Date: April 17, 2020 22:06

Hope they get 3 songs. Have seen a few of this type event and the ones I have seen they get to play several songs

Date: April 17, 2020 22:15

Lady Gaga says the Stones are performing.

[www.bloomberg.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 17, 2020 22:20

bv
Let's Drink To The Hard Working People, Let's Drink To The Salt Of The Earth!

Weren't they actually taking the piss out of normal people with that song..

Date: April 17, 2020 22:27

jumpontopofmebaby
Hope they get 3 songs. Have seen a few of this type event and the ones I have seen they get to play several songs

Unlikely.

"The Stones will be squeezed into an already packed two-hour telecast that is set to include Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Elton John, Andrea Bocelli, Celine Dion, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Jennifer Lopez, Kacey Musgraves, J Balvin, Billie Joe Armstrong, Eddie Vedder, Chris Martin, Sam Smith, Lang Lang, Alanis Morissette, Burna Boy, Stevie Wonder and others."

[variety.com]

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: April 17, 2020 22:35

I think they should go on right after McCartney and do whatever song he did. Since Macca told Howard Stern the other day they always followed whatever the Beatles did. SMH

Date: April 17, 2020 22:35

bye bye johnny

Unlikely.

Yep, 41 Artists in 120 mins would be 3 mins per appearance ....

Date: April 17, 2020 22:40

The German version of [www.GlobalCitizen.org] says that the Stream and the Telecast will be available for re-watching 72 hours after the original broadcasting. So maybe no need to skip the sleep at night in Central Europe ....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2020 23:00

Irix
bye bye johnny

Unlikely.

Yep, 41 Artists in 120 mins would be 3 mins per appearance ....

Agree, but the vast majority of acts are solo.
Sooo... three minutes per artist = twelve minutes for the Stones spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home