Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27
Re: The Rolling Stones joining One World - Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 20, 2020 21:37

stickyfingers101
TheGreek
If I could make One gripe or bitch it would be the way they showed the 4 boxes with Mick and Keith on the top 2 boxes and Ronnie underneath Mick and Charlie to the left next to Ronnie , which I didn't care for and I would rather have preferred the way the Stones had the 4 screens upright the same way they had them during the Licks Tour ( which I loved so much )

not a bad idea actually now that you mention it....all 4 across w/ no top-bottom

it might've been distorted (stretched out), though....

Long Live Licks! What a tour!
Licks was a great tour with a great concept and a fantastic stage design and great selection of songs and how they would feature different albums and play several tracks from and just over all FUN !

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 20, 2020 22:01

I'm not going to say anything negative. They showed up. That's commendable. They played a song everyone knew. That's great. Good health to them, and to everyone.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: April 20, 2020 22:06

I think part of what makes the video successful is the Stones' interiors : none of those bland, blank-walled megamansions many of the other performers were playing in. Mick in a tamely-lit rocker's lair, Ronnie in his weirdly-shaped home with his artwork and random ornaments, Keith in a retired pirate's salon with pint and book, and Charlie in the cabinet of the jazz-minded country gentleman.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 20, 2020 22:28

wonderboy
It was sweet and honest and authentic.
..... it still gave us the live essence of who the Stones are today. I love that.

Bull's eye thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 20, 2020 22:32

Pie1
I think part of what makes the video successful is the Stones' interiors : none of those bland, blank-walled megamansions many of the other performers were playing in. Mick in a tamely-lit rocker's lair, Ronnie in his weirdly-shaped home with his artwork and random ornaments, Keith in a retired pirate's salon with pint and book, and Charlie in the cabinet of the jazz-minded country gentleman.

Ronnies house is a couple of miles from me.My place is 600 years old and Ronnies house is also hundreds of years old.Many very old and beautiful properties in this area.

Nate

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 20, 2020 23:07

Times have changed since Rock & Roll Circus 1968. Except for Mick and his song. Amazing.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 20, 2020 23:56

Where is that Nate? Somewhere in West London?

Date: April 21, 2020 00:23

peoplewitheyes

For obvious reasons I will refrain from giving exact location.
Not far from London but out in the countryside.

Nate

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 00:27

A well embellished and fleshed out performance, congratulations to Mick and Matt Clifford, great work.

"Live" you say ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 21, 2020 00:29

Nate
peoplewitheyes

Nate

Ronnie has a country home in rural Hertfordshire and looks like his performance was recorded at his nearby cottage where he does his painting.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 00:58 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 21, 2020 00:31

When I listen to the Stones live today, I don't expect the performance of life, because these guys are all over 70 and it would be stupid to expect it. I only expect them to be able to give me emotions and they still manage to. Mick is still in great shape, Charlie is always him, Ronnie today who is sober sounds much better than on some tours of the late 90s and 2000s. Keith I think he has some problems, perhaps with his hands or who knows, he too he is human, but sometimes he still manages to amaze me in his simplicity. I'm happy I'm still around and I don't agree that it seems like the other night it sounded like a Mick song. I think these are just paranoia, even on Mick's worst album there is a lot of Stones, so I don't understand the point.
I don't make all this distinction, Mick is a Stones, the most important along with Keith, so even in his solo songs, there is a lot of Rolling Stones.

Date: April 21, 2020 00:45

TornAndFried
Nate
peoplewitheyes

Nate

Ronnie has a country home in Hertfordshire and it looks like his performance was recorded at his nearby cottage where he does his painting.

Yes that’s correct he does own two properties here one of which he has his studio in.If you watch the video from the weekend you can see part of his studio behind him on the lower floor.

Nate

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 21, 2020 00:45

Testify
When I listen to the Stones live today, I don't expect the performance of life, because these guys are all over 70 and it would be stupid to expect it. I only expect them to be able to give me emotions and they still manage to. Mick is still in great shape, Charlie is always him, Ronnie today who is sober sounds much better than on some tours of the late 90s and 2000s. Keith I think he has some problems, perhaps with his hands or who knows, he too he is human, but sometimes he still manages to amaze me in his simplicity. I'm happy I'm still around and I don't agree that it seems like the other night it sounded like a Mick song. I think these are just paranoia, even on Mick's worst album there is a lot of Stones, so I don't understand the point.
I don't make all this distinction, Mick is a Stones, the most important along with Keith, so even in his solo songs, there is a lot of Rolling Stones.

he hasn't been quite the same since he fell out of the tree. still great at times. also, that lifestyle has to catch up to you eventually. he rode it out longer than most but he is definitely elderly now. i could be wrong but i can't see keith getting up at 6 in the morning & going for a jog.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 21, 2020 01:03

peoplewitheyes

Little Gaddesden, Hertfordshire

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 01:35

TheGreek
stickyfingers101
TheGreek
If I could make One gripe or bitch it would be the way they showed the 4 boxes with Mick and Keith on the top 2 boxes and Ronnie underneath Mick and Charlie to the left next to Ronnie , which I didn't care for and I would rather have preferred the way the Stones had the 4 screens upright the same way they had them during the Licks Tour ( which I loved so much )

not a bad idea actually now that you mention it....all 4 across w/ no top-bottom

Licks was a great tour with a great concept and a fantastic stage design and great selection of songs and how they would feature different albums and play several tracks from and just over all FUN !

One of the highlights of my adult-life was rambling around Scandinavia seeing the Stones 5 times on the Licks Tour....ending w/ Cirkus Stockholm...a dream.

Hey - if you are Greek (and that's not just a name) - Happy Easter!

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 21, 2020 02:00

I'm probably not going to be popular for saying this, but I feel that Keith hasn't been quite right for a while. We noticed at the two Chicago shows last year that he seemed to lack the enthusiasm and energy/showmanship that he previously had. He played well, but didn't appear to be enjoying himself with the old Keith flair that he'd had a year or so ago.

He always used to look like he was having his own private party on stage with that flashy smile and laugh, but last year pretty much just stood there and played. I know he's getting older and probably feeling his age. Maybe he just needs to concentrate that much harder these days as well.

I definitely think he wasn't into the stay at home video thing, he barely touched a string, and didn't contribute much at all. Just hope he's ok. I Will always love him, he's my favourite Stone.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 02:14

Kerryann
I'm probably not going to be popular for saying this, but I feel that Keith hasn't been quite right for a while. We noticed at the two Chicago shows last year that he seemed to lack the enthusiasm and energy/showmanship that he previously had. He played well, but didn't appear to be enjoying himself with the old Keith flair that he'd had a year or so ago.

He always used to look like he was having his own private party on stage with that flashy smile and laugh, but last year pretty much just stood there and played. I know he's getting older and probably feeling his age. Maybe he just needs to concentrate that much harder these days as well.

I definitely think he wasn't into the stay at home video thing, he barely touched a string, and didn't contribute much at all. Just hope he's ok. I Will always love him, he's my favourite Stone.

I felt the same way when I saw them at Foxboro on the last tour.

However, I found myself corrected when I saw them in Giant's Stadium.

he has on-days and off-days, me thinks....plus, he's old and toasty, so there's that.

I do feel Ron has carried more and more of the weight over the past __ years.

Posted by: Fe2510 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 03:04

That's it, georgie48!!! Hope they'll tour next year! Cheers!!!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 21, 2020 03:28

Some people take this one-off performance under unusual circumstances and in different settings too seriously even if the cause is serious. I’m glad they are alive and well.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: April 21, 2020 03:35

crholmstrom
Testify

he hasn't been quite the same since he fell out of the tree. still great at times. also, that lifestyle has to catch up to you eventually. he rode it out longer than most but he is definitely elderly now. i could be wrong but i can't see keith getting up at 6 in the morning & going for a jog.

Me thinks the palm tree in Ronnie's video is possibly one of the blow-up trees tossed around at shows after Keith's accident....or is it a real one?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 21, 2020 05:08

... but but what about Beyonce's hat .... that was cool ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 21, 2020 05:46

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
duke richardson
well I think the tour will be on next year
Probably in early 2021, I think the next leg will be amazing!smileys with beer

Imagine if they did a pay-per-view series of these livestreams in the order of the original tour dates.
First up San Diego May 8th - pains me to think of that date now as I was going to be there, but if they did an exclusive livestream might ease the pain....
I'd happily pay $20 to see a full set of at least 19 songs...they could even have the song vote...smiling smiley...and piss breaks would be quick and easy..in and out wouldn't miss a thing.
I would love It Hairball! Stones online are great. I hope you can enjoy a lot of The Stones while you can go to the rescheduled show very soon. I think this is a pretty good Idea, maybe they can perform again on social media soon. I'm sure that The Stones are ready to rock as soon as posible so It will be amazing winking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 21, 2020 06:30

DiegoGlimmerStones
Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
duke richardson

Imagine if they did a pay-per-view series of these livestreams in the order of the original tour dates.
First up San Diego May 8th - pains me to think of that date now as I was going to be there, but if they did an exclusive livestream might ease the pain....
I'd happily pay $20 to see a full set of at least 19 songs...they could even have the song vote...smiling smiley...and piss breaks would be quick and easy..in and out wouldn't miss a thing.
I would love It Hairball! Stones online are great. I hope you can enjoy a lot of The Stones while you can go to the rescheduled show very soon. I think this is a pretty good Idea, maybe they can perform again on social media soon. I'm sure that The Stones are ready to rock as soon as posible so It will be amazing winking smileysmileys with beer

Thanks DiegoGlimmerStones, it might have all sounded sincere, but I was actually being semi-serious regarding the livestream pay-per-view tour.
That said, I do dread the thought of May 8th....could have, would have, should have, might have been an extremely great experience - especially with all the fellow fans, the preparties, etc., etc., etc.
Oh well...that's life in the coronavirus days, BUT it was not long ago -less than a year ago in fact - that I experienced four great Stones shows in four great cities with loads of family and friends and all the bells and whistles...
Chicago, Santa Clara, Pasadena, and Glendale...all fantastic! But San Diego 2020...had a nice ring to it and was really looking forward to it. Got my refunds though, and can only speculate if we'll ever have the opportunity to see them in a live setting in fronts of thousands of people ever again. Meanwhile, I'll keep on rolling and rambling on...isolated with my wife...watching too much tv and eating too much food...lol...LONG LIVE THE STONES!smiling smiley

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 21, 2020 11:38

Nice that our boys are in the top best acts lists on the night in most of the reviews - intelligent use of technology , humourous and well judged -

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 21, 2020 12:03

Here is Keith at his supreme powers. Very energetic and very participating. He is as decisive and as slashing as Jagger. This was 25 days before he fell from the coconut tree in Fiji.
The Rolling Stones - Live in Saitama 2006/04/02 - Video proshot - 27th show of the tour
[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 21, 2020 12:09

triceratops
Here is Keith at his supreme powers. Very energetic and very participating. He is as decisive and as slashing as Jagger. This was 25 days before he fell from the coconut tree in Fiji.
The Rolling Stones - Live in Saitama 2006/04/02 - Video proshot - 27th show of the tour
[www.youtube.com]

And here he is, doing the same in 2013:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 21, 2020 13:20

stickyfingers101
TheGreek
stickyfingers101
TheGreek

One of the highlights of my adult-life was rambling around Scandinavia seeing the Stones 5 times on the Licks Tour....ending w/ Cirkus Stockholm...a dream.

Hey - if you are Greek (and that's not just a name) - Happy Easter!
Thank You Very Kindly . I am very Greek . Xristos Anesti ! Kalo Pascha !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 13:21 by TheGreek.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 21, 2020 13:28

Testify

thumbs up

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 14:15

I wish Bill had stayed on.He and Keith and Charlie were the best

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: April 21, 2020 15:40

DiegoGlimmerStones
Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
duke richardson

Oh, I would pay for this. No doubt about it. And if it included more pre-show backstage content and I could pick and choose which shows to view and buy. I would also pay for a subscription like Master Class does for their content.

Think about it Stones. I know you guys (and your people) read this board.

A subscription site with streaming vault concerts and new small gig venues once everything reopens and people can be tested, etc. Wow. I would pay for this for sure!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 24 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1501
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home