Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 27
Re: The Rolling Stones joining One World - Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 19, 2020 15:51

I always thought drummers with electronic equipment were 'stupid'.
Last months I read about 'freedrum' , something like Charlie used last night.

This morning I thougt : If Charlie uses these then it must be cool..
so I ordered a pair of freedrum-sticks and 2 foot-sensors :-)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 19, 2020 15:52

Erik_Snow
Mick Jagger can stand in his empty livingroom, singing to the PC-camera, and still create that great concert mood. Real nice video

thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 19, 2020 15:54

slewan
pretty lame, I'd say. Charlie faking drumming is pretty cool, Keith is a complete failure/missing in action, Mick trying his best and Ronnie trying to kept the song together. The rest's just a basic backing track, most likely recorded a while back

thumbs up

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: April 19, 2020 15:54

Fe2510
I've cried during the whole thing just because of the thought of that being their last "live" performance...

There will come a time when the four of them can be in a room together but large crowds will still not be able to gather for a concert. They should do a pay per view. I know their fans would welcome that and I would even enjoy a scaled down accoustic version of their songs. A vaccine is far off to allow large gatherings.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: April 19, 2020 15:55

Fantastic!
Charlie's drum is weird and unexpected!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 19, 2020 16:02

Charlie always steals the show!!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 16:04

Charlie, unlike Keith, really pretends to play...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 16:36

The amount of negative comments on here about the performance is absolutely ridiculous! You guys making those comments aren’t real stones fans. No matter how much you believe you are, you’re not.

Say something nice or go away! Take your unappreciative grumpy a$$ somewhere else!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-19 16:44 by JDSAM1994.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 19, 2020 16:44

JDSAM1994
The amount of negative comments on here about the performance is absolutely ridiculous! You guys making those comments aren’t real stones fans, no matter how much you believe you are.

Say something nice or go away! Take your unappreciative grumpy a$$ somewhere else!

Best post on the thread, some people still think that we are on 1972 and Keith will blow the speakers with a riff, the guy barely can play nowadays, the Stones 2020 is Mick's band with help from Ronnie and back-up musicians, if some people can't handle it, then they are living in a fantasy land.

Date: April 19, 2020 16:44

I thought it as great, Keith stroking a few underlay punctuation parts, Charlie air drumming. Mick n Ronnie brilliant. The hate here for Keith is - I dunno, look to the condition of your own lives, and stop projecting onto Keith.So he didn't windmill his arm over a strat. So what - he was deep in his own sense of time. It was lovely. Let's hope they walk onto a real-life stage again....

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 19, 2020 16:47

Raised $127.9 million from business
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 16:48

georgelicks
JDSAM1994
The amount of negative comments on here about the performance is absolutely ridiculous! You guys making those comments aren’t real stones fans, no matter how much you believe you are.

Best post on the thread, some people still think that we are on 1972 and Keith will blow the speakers with a riff, the guy barely can play nowadays, the Stones 2020 is Mick's band with help from Ronnie and back-up musicians, if some people can't handle it, then they are living in a fantasy land.

I like your response, but Keith can still play, not barely play. His riffs are still the backbone of the band.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 19, 2020 16:58

Charlie- "shhh" winking smiley

Date: April 19, 2020 17:00

JDSAM1994
georgelicks
JDSAM1994

I like your response, but Keith can still play, not barely play. His riffs are still the backbone of the band.

Of course he can still play, but he's no longer able to do what many folks here want from him, he's there to fill the sound and not to lead the band, he can't do it anymore, Ronnie is the lead guitar now, Keith is there to play the main riff on his iconic songs and then fill the sound with little things here and there, that's his job nowadays and that's all he can play now.

On this acoustic version of YCAGWYW, Mick alone can play the guitar, he's more in shape and fresh to play guitar during 5+ minutes with no breaks, Keith can no longer play like that, after 30 seconds he will need a break, laugh, touch his noise, move his arm, you can see it in the live concerts during the last years.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:03

it's top level fun to hear what the folks lacking a sense of humour have to say about this

Date: April 19, 2020 17:13

paulywaul
Is it just me, or did Keith seem to be away with the fairies throughout the entire thing ? Also, I couldn't detect much actual "playing". I wasn't able to identify a single sound that came off that acoustic he was tinkering with !? It was completely carried by Mick, Ronnie, n' Charlie ...

"actual playing" "carried by charlie" are the sitcoms you watch real life too?

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:14

Great to see them. Mick looks and sounds so great still, a real force of nature. They all seemed happy and chilled. Ronnie clearly wanted to let rip and play all night. Interesting to see the rooms they were playing from too, Keith's lounge was very Keith!

Very cool of them to do this.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:19

Keith did some nice harmony singing.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:19

It pains me to see keith like that, I don't have to justify that feeling to anyone.

You are free to think what you want about this performance.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-19 17:20 by powerage78.

Date: April 19, 2020 17:22

Living across the pond, Keith was supposed to be in bed for hours but had to stay up for this

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:25

I have enjoyed It a lot. Stevie Wonder, and the Stones, the best. They are locked down, they are showing that music is feeling. Keith id the King in that. Charlie, one of the best rhythm players shows he can handle without drums, paying respect to all who are locked down. And susprising everybody. At least me. Always surprised by a band with a long and unique history. The greatest band in the world, even un this current world. Thank you for one more chapter

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:30

Thoroughly enjoyed this. Mick's energy was positively infectious, Charlie is how do you say, "Charlie Freaking Watts!", Keith was in his own space for sure, but undeniably still that aura of coolness and origination. Ronnie as ever being the glue guy who projected like he wanted to strum all evening long - loved it!

Don't understand all the negative comments either. These are our Boys! It's 2020 in the midst of a one of a kind pandemic for craps sakes, not 1973!!

Glad the Stones joined the One World! thumbs up

Date: April 19, 2020 17:31

If we walk away from this with an electronic drumsticks narrative that is still somewhat better than a sentient scarf

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:39

They did a fine job, especially Mick. Don't understand why anyone would expect more, considering the limitations. They are still alive, still able to perform, and, for that, I am grateful.
I spent the morning watching many of the other performances. I found all of them to be charming and heartfelt, good or not. smiling smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:39

My two cents,Mick and Ronnie were great, Charlie was funny playing air drums,he obviously was pretending to play to a prerecorded track. Now Keith was his later years usual self posing and being funny in his own mind,not good at all for me,he was in another land maybe drunk or worse,but hey many of you love that image of him and that's cool,for me an embarrassment. Mick and Ronnie saved the night....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:46

powerage78
It pains me to see keith like that, I don't have to justify that feeling to anyone.

The Department of Redundancy Department advises that horse was declared dead several posts ago.

Date: April 19, 2020 17:49

powerage78

But it is unfortunate that your feeling is based on ignorance and an obvious lack of knowledge.

What did you want him to do? Couldn't you see their roles in this?

Clearly, Keith's role here was to play some acoustic licks before Ronnie and Charlie entered + doing the backing vocals (which he did with buckets of charm and feel).

Jeez.

Date: April 19, 2020 17:53

powerage78

L&G from 1972, Live in Texas from 1978 and even Totally Stripped from 1995 are great DVD's where you can see Keith at all his glory, sadly that was 25-40 and almost 50 years ago and we're on 2020 now.

Only 10 years ago I was watching AC/DC live at River Plate with Malcolm at 30 minutes away from home, time waits for no one.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:54

Omg I joked about the critique of Keef right before it actually started. Ha

For the critics out there, listen again you can actually hear keef sing.

Charlie was Charlie Chaplinesque.

Beautiful, wonderful, ridiculous fun for young and old. And a
nod to the immutable. Unoutsourceable export British humour!

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: April 19, 2020 17:55

JDSAM1994
The amount of negative comments on here about the performance is absolutely ridiculous! You guys making those comments aren’t real stones fans. No matter how much you believe you are, you’re not.

I feel free to say whatever I want to, if you can't handle other peoples comments... well that's your problem cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home