Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 27
Re: The Rolling Stones joining One World - Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:32

Ross
That was the best Charlie reaction since the IORR bubble video! Loved the whole thing!
Exactly

Posted by: dimrstone ()

Video here
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()

Really HOPE this wasn't the last we've seen of them...

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:33

I like that with headphones on you can still hear Keith's part clearly at all times. He ain't doing much, but still, we can relish those few notes.

Good job by all !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-19 04:34 by Pie1.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:36

Worth all the single malt whisky it took to sit up late in Scotland. Really enjoyed that!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:39

I guess Mick produced a lead track and the others added their bit to that (with Charlie exploring the ride cymbal qualities of his sofa's armrest) and that was then edited together.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:40

Huh.

That's interesting. Charlie! LOL! What a trip.

Sounded pretty good considering the lag etc.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:42

That was great!
I got the hots for Charlie Watts!

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:47

The Rolling Stones - You Can’t Always Get What You Want Live at One World: Together At Home Special to Celebrate COVID-19 Workers 19/4/20
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:48

Can anyone make out what book that is on Keith's coffee-table (or is that a trunk ?) ?

The keyboard is the first instrument to come in, I think Mick is playing along to that +drums and bass, Ronnie and Keith are playing to the same with Mick's part added.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:48

Keith is trending on Twitter. grinning smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-19 13:25 by MingSubu.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:54

I know Charlie was joking, but do you think he may not have a drum kit at his home?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:56

I didn't watch it live, got other things to do than to wait and wade through all that when all I really wanted was to see the Stones, so just watched it now.

All I have to say is what I always say,

CHARLIE RULES !!!!!

plexi

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:58

Pie1
Whole lot of tracks mixed in there (bass, choir, keyboard etc...) but the boys are live (well, three of them) and they sound great. Props to whoever put it together for it to come out so well (Chuck, Matt Clifford ?).

Well they are alive, that's great. Not sure the playing was by anyone except Mick? But it sounded excellent. Ronnie might have been playing on that track - at least he seemed to be playing on time with it. Charlie was wonderful playing to air. And Keith was Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-19 05:04 by IGTBA.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 19, 2020 04:59

dimrstone
The Rolling Stones - You Can’t Always Get What You Want Live at One World: Together At Home Special to Celebrate COVID-19 Workers 19/4/20
[www.youtube.com]

This is 99% Mick. Good for the boys. A fake virus panic gets a fake video from the RS. IOW stiff these concerned Hollywood types that put this jive together....as Idiocracy comes early.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:09

SomeTorontoGirl
Nothing has ever made me as wildly happy as watching Charlie practically sitting on the floor drumming on pots, looking bemused, slightly pleased with himself and...happy!

Totally agree! Very happy!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:10

triceratops
dimrstone
[www.youtube.com]

This is 99% Mick. Good for the boys. A fake virus panic gets a fake video from the RS. IOW stiff these concerned Hollywood types that put this jive together....as Idiocracy comes early.

Are you saying it's a fake virus, or a fake panic. It's clearly not a fake panic, because people are panicked. A fake virus? People seem to be sick, unless you think maybe they're faking. Trying to understand what in the hell you're talking about.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:15

glad they did

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:19

I`m indifferent.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:33

No introduction...but that's because they are THE ROLLING STONES! Not being prejudiced in any way, mind you...they blew the rest of the acts AWAY! Charlie was a hoot! The sound was quite good, and yes, I'm betting Matt Clifford had his hand in this production....so little TIME but so well done...our Boys made us proud!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:39

Fun to watch the Stones even a second time, but performance wise it was a bit anticlimactic which is to be expected under the circumstances - watching twice was probably more than enough.
Mick's singing was good along with his overall presence, but Ronnie was a bit loud, while Keith was a bit under the radar imo.
You know when the highight of a performance is Charlie playing air drums and pulling funny faces, well....that says it all.
HOPE they'll be able to perform live again some day in all their glory in front of a live audience of thousands of people....

PS - I thought Stevie Wonder, Elton, and Paul's jazzy Lady Madonna were all a nice addition, though wouldn't consider any of them a highlight.
But hey, it was all for a good cause and that's all that really matters....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-19 05:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:49

timbernardis
I didn't watch it live, got other things to do than to wait and wade through all that when all I really wanted was to see the Stones, so just watched it now.

All I have to say is what I always say,

CHARLIE RULES !!!!!

plexi

Agree in everything!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:49

One of their coolest performances ever......can’t wait for Dean Goodman’s complete review...>grinning smiley<

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 19, 2020 05:57

Really disappointing

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 06:00

That was just a wonderful performance. One for the history books for sure. I don't think they got an introduction because they were added at the last minute and they probably had the whole event pre-recorded before they joined the event.

Kind of reminds me of their performance at the NME Pollwinners Concert in 1968 where they were added to the event at the last second as well.

So happy they got to do this. The Rolling Stones are timeless smileys with beer

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 19, 2020 06:02

Two messages:
“Stay home.”
“Keep social distance.”
“Don’t touch your face.”

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 19, 2020 06:06

Hairball
Fun to watch the Stones even a second time, but performance wise it was a bit anticlimactic which is to be expected under the circumstances - watching twice was probably more than enough.
Mick's singing was good along with his overall presence, but Ronnie was a bit loud, while Keith was a bit under the radar imo.
You know when the highight of a performance is Charlie playing air drums and pulling funny faces, well....that says it all.
HOPE they'll be able to perform live again some day in all their glory in front of a live audience of thousands of people....

PS - I thought Stevie Wonder, Elton, and Paul's jazzy Lady Madonna were all a nice addition, though wouldn't consider any of them a highlight.
But hey, it was all for a good cause and that's all that really matters....

You're forgetting the invisible bass player who played a nice walking bass in the fast part towards the end ... LOL

Highlights for me (in those parts that I watched) were rather the soul ladies and the latino singers/groups (and some other people, never heard of any of them before so no name dropping). It felt a bit like Eddie Vedder substituted for Neil Young. In the seniors' department, Paul could have done better, Elton sounded like a strangled turkey, Stevie Wonder wasn't that great either, also Annie Lennox sounded a bit out of practice. The Stones did their part with a good shot of humour, which didn't hurt at all.

But such events hardly ever generate performances for the ages. That's also not what they are about.

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: April 19, 2020 06:19

I certainly wasn't expecting any 'vintage' performance by any means but, overall, I thought it came off satisfactorily. Mick was in fine voice and committed to the effort, as was Ronne...and what can you say about Charlie? Nice to see that playful side that he hides so well emerge from the shadows.

As far as Keith is concerned, it only reaffirmed how I've felt for quite a few years now...that he all-too-often goes through the motions, particularly on the acoustic numbers. Yeah, I get the age factor and issues with the arthritic fingers...and I'll be the first to admit he's got nothing to prove at this stage of the game...but I cannot help but feel let down by his 'contribution' tonight.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 19, 2020 07:00

So how was this arranged?

Perhaps an edited soundboard recording from a recent concert was the foundation, providing Charlie's drums and the samples we're so used to on tour, then Mick, Ronnie, and Keith recorded their parts?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home