Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 27
Re: The Rolling Stones joining One World - Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 18, 2020 11:01

I think an acoustic song will be played.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 18, 2020 11:04

Acoustic? Why was Mick rehearsing with a strat, then?

You watch, it's gonna be Miss You (just as at the 9/11 show in NYC)...and everyone will go for a beer/toilet run winking smiley

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: April 18, 2020 11:31

DandelionPowderman

Like with 2000 Light Years From Home and Glastonbury Girl on Glastonbury?

That's been almost 7 years ago.
Probably the last innovative stones gig aside fonda / sticky fingers.

We're hoping for a nice surprise but should not expect too much

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 18, 2020 11:59

hoopsmccann
Mick and Keith have been social distancing from each other for decades winking smiley

Well certainly not social distancing on stage, like this one from the show at Burl's Creek in Canada last year... And how easy is it to smile for the purpose of the camera? I am pretty sure they enjoy being on stage together.

Sure they do not live in the same house, like they did early 60's, but on stage I am sure they enjoy being together, when the performances allow for it.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 12:02 by bv.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 18, 2020 13:44

Topi
Acoustic? Why was Mick rehearsing with a strat, then?

You watch, it's gonna be Miss You (just as at the 9/11 show in NYC)...and everyone will go for a beer/toilet run winking smiley

Yeah that's rather more likely than one of Mick's 40 demos that Keith's been vetoing since 2015 ;-) What were the titles again of the 2015 tracks, let's see...hey about this one "Get Out Of My Way (MJ/KR)"

Everyone could say "The bad boys of rock are back ! Would you let your Grand-Father go to a Stones concert ?", etc, etc...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 18, 2020 14:18

core 4 will need a bass player .....

ladies and gents joing us tonight live from his living room...

mr bill wyman

i can only wish that ZOOM can do this

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 18, 2020 14:27

To Mick and company (if you are reading this): You might need to re-work a couple lines (They don't look real to me, in fact, they look so strange), but paying tribute to front line workers and/or first responders in this pandemic via Salt of the Earth would be a fantastic choice (rather than pander to the masses with a rather lame and conservative Miss You)!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 14:36 by Sighunt.

Date: April 18, 2020 14:28

Sighunt
To Mick and company (if you are reading this): You might need to re-work a couple lines (They don't look real to me, in fact, they look so strange), but paying tribute to front line workers via Salt of the Earth would be a fantastic choice!!!

Excellent choice!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 18, 2020 14:47

I’m begging for No Miss You but it probably will be. Would love to hear a new tune and if they’re given 2 slots why not an abbreviated ass kicking JJF

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 18, 2020 15:02

Bashlets
I’m begging for No Miss You but it probably will be. Would love to hear a new tune and if they’re given 2 slots why not an abbreviated ass kicking JJF

With the sheer volume of acts involved, I'd think 2 slots is an unrealistic expectation. Miss You is a great song & I prefer it when they don't jam out on it & just play it straight forward. Totally appropriate for the circumstances. The Stones know the audience & this is going to be a massive one. They will stick to something that everyone knows. Sadly, that would tend to put Salt of the Earth out of the conversation. We will find out soon enough.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 18, 2020 15:08

Wasn’t there something mentioned about an actor tweeting that he just completed a video shooot with the stones. It was probably 6 months ago. I always thought it was a music video for a new song. Just air that instead of playing Miss You( but I guess I’ll take Miss You instead of nothing). LOL

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 18, 2020 15:12

Chris Fountain
I think an acoustic song will be played.

Yeah the band has run out of 50 pence pieces to put in the electric metre.

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 18, 2020 16:01

Always a sucker for the merch, especially when it helps a cause, likely going to snag a shirt or two.
Would prefer the Stones tongue version, perhaps at their store later at twice the price cool smiley

[store.globalcitizen.org]

Date: April 18, 2020 16:03

Has a schedule been published?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 18, 2020 16:12

It will be interesting to see what Macca does.
Assuming like the Stones he only gets one number, my bet is on "Let It Be".

Stones will be "Miss You".. if they surprise us with something other than that,
my money is on "Get Off Of My Cloud".
"I live on an apartment
On the ninety-ninth floor of my block
And I sit at home looking out the window
Imagining the world has stopped"

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 18, 2020 16:30

Lady Gaga and Jimmy Fallon interview about show from April 6th with $10million donation from Apple
[www.youtube.com]

Lady Gaga and Stephen Colbert interview about show from April 6th
[www.youtube.com]

Lady Gaga and Jimmy Kimmel interview about show from April 6th
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: April 18, 2020 16:31

I believe that its highly likely they will play an acoustic number given its probably going ]just be the four of them, something like the b-stage performances from last year. I would love for them to choose Salt Of The Earth.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2020 16:32

Chris Fountain

The FAQ-section on [www.GlobalCitizen.org] said: "The artist order will not be released ahead of time, be sure to tune in to make sure you don’t miss a moment." - [iorr.org] .

But there's now a schedule list for the 6-hour Stream on [www.YouTube.com] :

ARTIST Lineup:

Hours 1 & 2

Adam Lambert, Andra Day, Black Coffee, Charlie Puth, Eason Chan, Hozier & Maren Morris, Hussain Al Jassmi, Jennifer Hudson, Jessie Reyez, Kesha, Lang Lang, Liam Payne, Lisa Mishra, Luis Fonsi, Milky Chance, Niall Horan, Picture This, Rita Ora, Sofi Tukker, The Killers, Vishal Mishra

Hours 3 & 4

Adam Lambert, Annie Lennox, Ben Platt, Cassper Nyovest, Christine And The Queens, Common, Delta Goodrem, Ellie Goulding, Finneas, Jack Johnson, Jacky Cheung, Jess Glynne, Jessie J, Juanes, Kesha, Michael Bublé, Rita Ora, Sebastián Yatra, Sheryl Crow, Sho Madjozi, Sofi Tukker, The Killers, Zucchero

Hours 5 & 6

Angèle, Annie Lennox, Ben Platt, Billy Ray Cyrus, Charlie Puth, Christine And The Queens, Common, Eason Chan, Ellie Goulding, Hozier, Jennifer Hudson, Jessie J, John Legend, Juanes, Lady Antebellum, Leslie Odom Jr., Luis Fonsi, Niall Horan, Picture This, Sebastián Yatra, Sheryl Crow, SuperM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 16:55 by Irix.

Date: April 18, 2020 16:54

Irix
Chris Fountain

The FAQ-section on [www.GlobalCitizen.org] said: "The artist order will not be released ahead of time, be sure to tune in to make sure you don’t miss a moment."

But there's now a schedule list for the 6-hour Stream on [www.YouTube.com] .

Thanks- but there is no play option on video.

Date: April 18, 2020 17:00

Chris Fountain

Thanks- but there is no play option on video.

The Stream starts 2pm USA (East Coast) and 8pm Central Europe.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:15

ChrisMahavishnu
I believe that its highly likely they will play an acoustic number given its probably going ]just be the four of them, something like the b-stage performances from last year. I would love for them to choose Salt Of The Earth.

I agree. Something acoustic where just the four of them can be shown in four way split screen. I still like SOTE but would Let it Bleed fit? . . . when you need a little Covid sympathy . . . would be funny if it came after Macca doing Let it Be,

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:17

Sighunt
To Mick and company (if you are reading this): You might need to re-work a couple lines (They don't look real to me, in fact, they look so strange), but paying tribute to front line workers and/or first responders in this pandemic via Salt of the Earth would be a fantastic choice (rather than pander to the masses with a rather lame and conservative Miss You)!!!

I completely agree, would love to see/hear them do this. It would be very fitting in the circumstances !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Duked ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:27

Mick could play She's The Boss as well!

Stay home my child, stay home with me
Stay home my child, stay home with me
Oh please!

(...)
So I stay home, I stay home, stay home, stay home
It's all over, the party's over!
It's all over, I'll just shut my mouth

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 17:27 by Duked.

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:29

Irix
But there's now a schedule list for the 6-hour Stream on [www.YouTube.com] :

ARTIST Lineup:
Our boys are not listed?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:33

They are listed in the final two-hour part, which can either be streamed live or watched later via the channels listed for each country on the Global Citizen website:

April 19 from 7.15 p.m. to 9.15 p.m. on BBC One: Curated by Lady Gaga and hosted by Clara Amfo, Claudia Winkleman and Dermot O’Leary, with appearances by Andrea Bocelli, Billie Eilish, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Burna Boy, Camila Cabello, Celine Dion, Chris Martin, Eddie Vedder, Ellie Goulding, Elton John, FINNEAS, George The Poet, Jennifer Lopez, Jess Glynne, John Legend, Kingdom Choir, Lady Gaga, Lang Lang, Little Mix, Lizzo, Michael Bublé, Paul McCartney, Pharrell Williams, Rag‘n’Bone Man, the Rolling Stones, Sam Smith, Shawn Mendes, Stevie Wonder, Skip Marley, Taylor Swift and Tom Jones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 17:52 by Beast.

Date: April 18, 2020 17:38

KeVvV2011

Our boys are not listed?

They're part of the 2-hour Broadcast which starts 8pm USA (East Coast) and 2am (Sunday morning) Central Europe.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:39

quietbeatle
I think they should go on right after McCartney and do whatever song he did. Since Macca told Howard Stern the other day they always followed whatever the Beatles did. SMH

it's not too often we get to hear from quietbeatle, but when we do it's on point

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:48

MisterDDDD
Always a sucker for the merch, especially when it helps a cause, likely going to snag a shirt or two.
Would prefer the Stones tongue version, perhaps at their store later at twice the price cool smiley

brilliant idea to have a T-Shirt to be worn at home only – and anybody who's seen in such a T-shirt on the streets is turned into a walking contradiction
o tempora o mores

Posted by: KeVvV2011 ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:53

Irix
KeVvV2011

Our boys are not listed?

They're part of the 2-hour Broadcast which starts 8pm USA (East Coast) and 2am (Sunday morning) Central Europe.
Thank you! Got confused for a moment.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 18, 2020 17:56

MisterDDDD

Just ordered mine! It’s cool and for a good cause

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home