Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 27
Re: The Rolling Stones joining One World - Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 17, 2020 23:17

So it's not impossible to pubblish some new stuff...if they want!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 23:17 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 17, 2020 23:44

Say a prayer for the common foot soldier
Spare a thought for his back breaking work
Say a prayer for his wife and his children
Who burn the fires and who still till the earth.
. .
Raise your glass to the hard working people
Let's drink to the uncounted heads
Let's think of the wavering millions
Who need leaders but get gamblers instead.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 17, 2020 23:48

It would be cool to see a Macca/Mick duet backed by the Keith, Ronnie,and Stevie Wonder....

Re: One World: Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 17, 2020 23:49

DandelionPowderman
latvianinexile
bv
I have seen many real live performances with band members sitting in separate rooms and locations over the past few "corona" weeks now. It is no problem to make a "digital" show with performing artists sitting at separate locations.

Are you sure Bjornulf? The ones I had seen where all edited. Usually you have a signal delay of different length when you do something together in different parts of the world. It would be very difficult to get this synchronized.

There is great software out there that takes care of the latency issues.

OK, I'm still sceptical about this. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:06

Hairball
It would be cool to see a Macca/Mick duet backed by the Keith, Ronnie,and Stevie Wonder....

Noooooooo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:15

latvianinexile

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Maybe the stuff for the 2-hour linear broadcast is pre-recorded ....

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:31

The Rolling Stones performance will be pre-recorded, as are most of the performances during the 2-hour special on Saturday night. There is too much at stake to have technical glitches interfere with the broadcast (not to mention it would be very late for Mick who is in France, and Charlie & Ronnie in England). The Stones will be playing one song.

Date: April 18, 2020 00:38

TornAndFried
The Rolling Stones performance will be pre-recorded, as are most of the performances during the 2-hour special on Saturday night. There is too much at stake to have technical glitches interfere with the broadcast (not to mention it would be very late for Mick who is in France, and Charlie & Ronnie in England). The Stones will be playing one song.

Will it be newly performed? Or will it be a recent clip from the NoFilter tour...maybe something from the B-stage?
I realize Lady GaGa said they will perform, but it was kind of vague - ..."the Rolling Stones have joined the lineup of artists performing tomorrow..."
Sort of sounds like it will be a brand new/pre-recorded performance, but you never know....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:39

I'm surprised The Who are not part of this...everyone and their dog remembers how amazing they were in 2001 and in 2012 at similar events ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:44

Hairball
TornAndFried

Will it be newly performed? Or will it be a recent clip from the NoFilter tour...maybe something from the B-stage?
I realize Lady GaGa said they will perform, but it was kind of vague - ..."the Rolling Stones have joined the lineup of artists performing tomorrow..."
Sort of sounds like it will be a brand new/pre-recorded performance, but you never know....

It's a new performance recorded specifically for this event.

Date: April 18, 2020 00:52

Good to know it's a new performance, but a bit odd that it's being pre- recorded - looking forward to seeing/hearing what tune it is...

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:59

I just hope that the front line workers actually get the money which is raised and not just WHO to fund all there UN initiatives.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 18, 2020 01:15

.... Gimmie Shelter ...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 18, 2020 01:21

One song?
Mick rehearsing with a guitar?
A Worldwide audience?

If you don’t think/assume it’s going to be Miss You you’re crazy.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: April 18, 2020 01:57

gotdablouse
I'm surprised The Who are not part of this...everyone and their dog remembers how amazing they were in 2001 and in 2012 at similar events ;-)

They should join! It could be the Who, brought to you by the WHO!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: April 18, 2020 03:00

latvianinexile
DandelionPowderman
latvianinexile
bv
I have seen many real live performances with band members sitting in separate rooms and locations over the past few "corona" weeks now. It is no problem to make a "digital" show with performing artists sitting at separate locations.

Are you sure Bjornulf? The ones I had seen where all edited. Usually you have a signal delay of different length when you do something together in different parts of the world. It would be very difficult to get this synchronized.

Reminds me of Live Aid in 1985, when Bowie wanted to do an intercontinental duo performance of Dancing In The Street with himself performing in London while Mick would contribute his part in Philadelphia. Couldn't be done because of the satellite delay.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: April 18, 2020 03:49

JMARKO
One song?
A Worldwide audience?

Seems like Miss You might be an inappropriate song to do. Look forward to whatever they do.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 18, 2020 04:07

Hairball

It would be cool to see The Stones and McCartney close out the show together doing Hey Jude. It would be historic!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 18, 2020 04:26

lady gaga said $50 million raised
[www.bloomberg.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 18, 2020 04:52

this will be one of those times the DVR comes in handy. probably actually watch a half hour out of 2 hours.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: April 18, 2020 05:04

James Kirk
Hairball

It would be cool to see The Stones and McCartney close out the show together doing Hey Jude. It would be historic!

Mick, Keith, and Paul were all there for the first worldwide satellite broadcast -- All You Need Is Love.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: April 18, 2020 05:27

bam
James Kirk
Hairball

Mick, Keith, and Paul were all there for the first worldwide satellite broadcast -- All You Need Is Love.

Uptight/Satisfaction into Superstitious then into Miss You, finish with Revolution and Sgt Peppers

Posted by: hoopsmccann ()
Date: April 18, 2020 06:29

Mick and Keith have been social distancing from each other for decades winking smiley

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: April 18, 2020 08:14

Seriously doubt they have the balls to play an entirely new,unknown track to an audience of millions--they don't have that confidence anymore. Whatever it's gonna be, it's gotta be something safe that Keef can play. They went safe and predictable long ago...maybe something squishy and warm like 'Waiting On a Friend' or 'Ruby Tuesday'. Whatever it is I hope it is kick ass rock and roll, not tepid and cringe-inducing. Lord knows I love these guys and I am happy they are taking part in this but let's not expect the Fourth Coming Of The Rolling Stones or anything...I realize it's for a good cause and I don't want to sound like a &^%$$#@ so let's hope they pull off something great. Either way I'll be watching.smileys with beer

Date: April 18, 2020 09:13

<They went safe and predictable long ago>

Like with 2000 Light Years From Home and Glastonbury Girl on Glastonbury?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 18, 2020 09:51

doitywoik
latvianinexile
DandelionPowderman
latvianinexile
bv

Reminds me of Live Aid in 1985, when Bowie wanted to do an intercontinental duo performance of Dancing In The Street with himself performing in London while Mick would contribute his part in Philadelphia. Couldn't be done because of the satellite delay.

There was even talk of one of them going into orbit for the duet grinning smiley Thw promoter, Harvey Goldsmith mentioned it in a live aid documentary, they may have placed a call to NASA grinning smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 18, 2020 10:08

LSTNT
JMARKO
One song?
A Worldwide audience?

Seems like Miss You might be an inappropriate song to do. Look forward to whatever they do.

It's perfect. With everyone at home in isolation--everyone misses being around their friends/loved ones. "waiting on the phone, waiting on your call..." Plus, considering the lineup of current pop stars, "Miss You" will work best for the millenial crowd.

Appropriate or not, they did at the 9/11 NYC show.

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: April 18, 2020 10:10

Paddy
doitywoik
latvianinexile
DandelionPowderman
latvianinexile
bv

There was even talk of one of them going into orbit for the duet grinning smiley Thw promoter, Harvey Goldsmith mentioned it in a live aid documentary, they may have placed a call to NASA grinning smiley

This is so crazy - made my day! Thank you very much

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 18, 2020 10:35

I love Miss You, as long as Mick does his harmonica part!

Date: April 18, 2020 10:41

NilsHolgersson
I love Miss You, as long as Mick does his harmonica part!

And which part is that? smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1312
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home