Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27
The Rolling Stones joining One World - Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:36

I think this calls for its own thread. The Stones was just added for tomorrow's bill!!!
[www.globalcitizen.org]

CURATED IN COLLABORATION WITH LADY GAGA

APPEARANCES BY

ADAM LAMBERT • ALICIA KEYS • AMY POEHLER • ANDRA DAY • ANDREA BOCELLI • ANGÈLE • ANITTA • ANNIE LENNOX • AWKWAFINA • BECKY G • BECKY LYNCH • BEN PLATT • BILLIE EILISH • BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG • BILLY RAY CYRUS • BLACK COFFEE • BRAUN STROWMAN • BRIDGET MOYNAHAN • CAMILA CABELLO • CASSPER NYOVEST • CELINE DION • CHARLIE PUTH • CHRIS MARTIN • CHRISTINE AND THE QUEENS • COMMON • CONNIE BRITTON • DANAI GURIRA • DAVID & VICTORIA BECKHAM • DELTA GOODREM • DON CHEADLE • EASON CHAN • EDDIE VEDDER • ELLEN DEGENERES • ELLIE GOULDING • ELTON JOHN • ERIN RICHARDS • FINNEAS • HEIDI KLUM • HENRY GOLDING • HOZIER • HUSSAIN AL JASSMI • IDRIS AND SABRINA ELBA • J BALVIN • JACK BLACK • JACK JOHNSON • JACKY CHEUNG • JAMEELA JAMIL • JASON SEGEL • JENNIFER HUDSON • JENNIFER LOPEZ • JESS GLYNNE • JESSIE J • JESSIE REYEZ • JIMMY FALLON • JIMMY KIMMEL • JOHN LEGEND • JUANES • KACEY MUSGRAVES • KEITH URBAN • KERRY WASHINGTON • KESHA • THE KILLERS • LADY ANTEBELLUM • LADY GAGA • LANG LANG • LESLIE ODOM JR. • LEWIS HAMILTON • LIAM PAYNE • LILI REINHART • LILLY SINGH • LINDSEY VONN • LISA MISHRA • LIZZO • LL COOL J • LOLA LENNOX • LUIS FONSI • LUPITA NYONG’O • MALUMA • MAREN MORRIS • MATT BOMER • MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY • MEGAN RAPINOE • MICHAEL BUBLÉ • MILKY CHANCE • NATTI NATASHA • NIALL HORAN • NOMZAMO MBATHA • OPRAH WINFREY • PAUL MCCARTNEY • PHARRELL WILLIAMS • PIERCE BROSNAN • P.K. SUBBAN • PICTURE THIS • PRIYANKA CHOPRA JONAS • RITA ORA • THE ROLLING STONES • SAM HEUGHAN • SAM SMITH • SAMUEL L JACKSON • SARAH JESSICA PARKER • SASHA BANKS • SEBASTIÁN YATRA • SHAH RUKH KHAN • SHAWN MENDES • SHERYL CROW • SHO MADJOZI • SOFI TUKKER • STEPHEN COLBERT • STEVIE WONDER • SUPERM • TAYLOR SWIFT • TIM GUNN • USHER • VISHAL MISHRA • XAVIER WOODS • ZUCCHERO

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 17:29 by bv.

Re: Stones in One Wolrd!!!
Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:48

It would be really cool if they played Salt of the Earth. But would they? Could they? Will they be social distancing in the same studio or what?

HBK

Re: One World: Together At Home, 18-Apr-2020
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:50

That answers the question for what Mick was rehearsing in isolation - [iorr.org] ... winking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:55

Excellent news!!
Very Excited to see what they come up with.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:56

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:58

YES!!! So happy they are joining this.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:00

So this is a different thing from the instagram/snapchat live streams by artists that One World Together At Home have been posting on youtube? Or can we expect a similar stream from the Stones during the broadcast? I'm hoping for a pre-recorded version of Salt Of The Earth with all of the Stones at their homes using proper mics, a bit like the Playing For A Change videos...but I'll take anything smiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 17, 2020 16:00

padre69

The Stones was just added for tomorrow's bill!!!

Indeed:

[www.GlobalCitizen.org] -- [iorr.org]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:02

I don’t understand what this thing is.Are they actually getting together to play live and streaming it to the world?
I thought Keith was in the USA.

Nate

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:02

Wow.. cool!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:07

Nate
I don’t understand what this thing is.Are they actually getting together to play live and streaming it to the world?

Nate

Yes, how is this going to be possible?

Unless it is a pre-recorded thing and they align the tracks together of the band members.

The latency of different streams would be pretty bad...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:09

The Rolling Stones will be joining One World: #TogetherAtHome with
@GlblCtzn and @WHO
- Tune in tomorrow at 8pm ET, for this special broadcast event to honour healthcare workers on the frontlines of the #COVID19 pandemic. Find out more here: [glblctzn.me]

[twitter.com]

Date: April 17, 2020 16:10

The Rolling Stones will be joining One World: #TogetherAtHome with Global Citizen and World Health Organization (WHO) - Tune in tomorrow at 8pm ET, for this special broadcast event to honour healthcare workers on the frontlines of the #COVID19 pandemic. You can also watch on BBC1 on Sunday 19 Apr at 7:15pm BST. Find out more here: [glblctzn.me]

edit: whoops, sorry, already posted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 16:10 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 16:20 by EddieByword.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:20

Nate

Nate

Take a look at Flightradar24 - about 80% of the traffic is Cargo planes and....private jets...........(although, that's not to imply I know what the Stones are up to, I don't................smiling smiley

Re: One World: Together At Home, April 18
Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:22

With Jagger holding a guitar in that photo, maybe it'll be Miss You....

Date: April 17, 2020 16:23

Maybe they'll perform a brand new track.. and release it online like Bob Dylan.. smoking smiley

Date: April 17, 2020 16:24

StonesSmeth99
Maybe, like NYC In 2001

Date: April 17, 2020 16:25

NilsHolgersson
Maybe they'll perform a brand new track.. and release it online like Bob Dylan.. smoking smiley
That would be amazing thumbs upwinking smiley

Date: April 17, 2020 16:26

They just announced It on instagram [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:30

The UN and the World Health Organization (WHO) asked Global Citizen to support their COVID-19 response by bringing the world together through music and inspiring everyone to take action. With an exceptional group of artists, Global Citizen is now launching One World: Together At Home.

One World: Together At Home is a historic, cross-platform global special that will celebrate and support healthcare workers and others on the frontlines, and the World Health Organization (WHO) as they lead the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The broadcast will include leading global health experts alongside exciting performances by the world’s top artists and comedians.

One World: Together At Home
April 18
A global broadcast & digital special to support frontline healthcare workers and the WHO.

Bjornulf

Date: April 17, 2020 16:35

DiegoGlimmerStones

It was announced at the same time as on [Twitter.com] and [www.Facebook.com] .

Date: April 17, 2020 16:43

I wish we had a estimated time they come on!

Lot's of other people I have no interest in.

Date: April 17, 2020 16:46

Irix
DiegoGlimmerStones

It was announced at the same time as on [Twitter.com] and [www.Facebook.com] .
Thx Irix cool smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:48

If you click the "Full local listings" tab on the Global Citizen site, it gives full details of timings and where it can be watched in all countries.

[www.globalcitizen.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 16:59 by Beast.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:49

StonesSmeth99

Sorry in advance, couldn’t help it, it just popped into my head

I can hear it now

I’ve been staying home so long, I’ve been sleeping all alone, world I miss you!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:50

As far as how they will perform, my guess is that they will use zoom from their homes, they have probably been rehearsing together for the last week or so, via zoom, each with their own camera setup, tomorrow they will likely film multiple performances and broadcast the best sounding one. They will not be psychically together, but will be performing together live.

I am very excited about this, they may not be performing in 2020 together but this is better than nothing.

"It's Only Rock N' Roll (But I Like It)

Date: April 17, 2020 16:53

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 16:55 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:54

Don't think Zoom works for playing together with its latency...guess they'll use a click track or something and record on top of one another... not much different than their recent recording habits >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 17, 2020 16:54

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 16:57 by Beast.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home