Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Politics in the Coronavirus COVID-19 days
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 16, 2020 06:35

chevysales
bv
We need to work positive on this. No need to find political rivals and enemies. I hear governors on both political sides in USA are cooperating. That is the only way forward. If we can not talk nice to each others here, how are we expected to live together in real life in the time to come?

I seriously doubt that will ever happen any time soon in the USA. The hatred is that deep. Imagine that. And it didn’t start in 2016 but has been bubbling beneath the surface since the 2000 election. Came above ground in 2008 and is close to a breaking point now.

Governors seem to be more civil than congress which are acting like a bunch of baby's, more so on one side than the other but they're both to blame.

And you're right, it started before 2016 but I don't remember the geriatric Tea Party movement smashing windows, lighting things on fire, and assaulting then opposition though they were somewhat misguided in their "Lower my taxes but not my social security payments" stance; can't have it both ways.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: April 16, 2020 06:46

My 2008 reference was Obama, as Tea Party was 2010ish. And I don’t recall a whole bunch of geriatric leaders in that movement?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-16 06:55 by chevysales.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: April 16, 2020 06:50

USA can’t do what China did. There would be a civil war if they tried to lock down like Wuhan. You can’t compare the two.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 16, 2020 07:27

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 16, 2020 08:27

The United States had close to the most warning of the developed nations, and now has, by far, the most cases while having close to the least number of tests per capita. Those who point that out aren't just Trump bashing. He screwed up and lost 6-8 weeks that has cost tens of thousands of lives. When the press documented those failures, Trump responded by attacking the WHO during a global pandemic. A rational leader -- a sane leader -- would just call out the WHO for their mistakes and reserve further action for after the crisis. Trump just needed to deflect blame from his own failings.

It's hard to sell draconian measures to people who don't have the intellect to comprehend the science that makes the need for those measures plain as day. That's the job of a competent leader. Now we have Covidiots in Michigan blocking access to a hospital because they are protesting the stay at home order, acting like crybabies who wanna go outside and play when mommy says no. It's painful to see there are people so intent on making a buck that they don't care how many people die.

If we ease the social distancing now, we will almost certainly get a second wave of Covid-19. In the 1918 pandemic, the second wave was the real killer. Over 500,000 Americans died in that pandemic. We may be only one or two mistakes away from breaking that record.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:43

Couldn’t we have just named this thread “Pandora’s Box “ and be done with it?
IORR is now just people arguing about the same bullshit as in every other corner of the internet.
Wear a mask, wash your hands and vote, that’s all you can do.
You mthrfckrs on each side of the political spectrum are never, ever gonna change each other’s minds. Ever .
If you’re really that upset, so upset that you don’t respect the vote, take up arms and revolt, I don’t care. But for the love of God please stop this endless, nonstop, eternal fckng chattering.
I can see the headlines now- Corona virus controversy solved on Rolling Stones fansite, if you keep posting this could ..... actually never happen.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 16, 2020 11:08

There is too much hate here. Sorry. This thread is closed.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home