Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Politics in the Coronavirus COVID-19 days
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 15, 2020 19:30

Usually in politics there are two sides, two ways of looking at a situation. This coronavirus disaster has proven that there are not two sides to this story. Trump's egocentric, belligerent, ignorance has cost thousands to die unnecessarily. This is the story in a nutshell. Trump's policies are never driven by a need to improve the lives of those he is supposed to represent...he simply has no empathy for others, he truly believes the world revolves around HIM. Americans are forced to watch this megalomaniac rant for an average of 2 hours A DAY..a rant that never brings comfort but rather lists all the ways that HE is not responsible FOR ANYTHING. He now has the balls to run for re-election on a platform based on taking AWAY people's healthcare....during a pandemic no less..he is leading the battle in the courts to gut Obamacare..if we didn't know better we'd think he was on Putin's payroll with the desired result---bringing down the USA. We DO not trust this monster to act on the people's behalf because there is overwhelming evidence that all of his motives revolve around his re-election..why? Because if he becomes a private citizen next year, his next home will be a padded CELL!
So, why was trump's reaction to the virus delayed by at least 8 weeks...valuable time that would certainly has saved thousands of lives if proper precautions were put into place in January? One theory is that he purposely delayed raising the alarm so as to allow his Wall Street buddies time enough to sell off stocks before the market crashed. Why did this benefit Trump? Because these billionaires are HIS DONORS!
The November election IS a life or death matter. Again, Trump has his hand on the levers...now he is trying to suppress the vote, stop mail-in balloting even to the point of gutting the U.S Postal Service! He knows that the larger the turn-out, the greater the chance that he will be defeated. Every move he makes is designed to benefit HIM, at all costs.
If nothing else, this virus disaster has turned the spotlight on exactly how EVIL Trump really is...to sacrifice human lives with no sign of sorry, no compassion for the chaos HIS EGOCENTRIC DECISIONS have created...there is no light behind his mask, no signs of a SOUL...this is our reality. His defeat is imperative, not just for citizens of the USA but for all citizens of our planet.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 15, 2020 19:31

I lost it but was reading something earlier about some investigations in China as far back as 2015 and that two cables were sent that basically screamed POTENTIAL PANDEMIC if nothing is done.

Obviously nothing was done.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: April 15, 2020 19:32

[youtu.be] “One of the most dangerous and costly decisions from the WHO was its disastrous decision to oppose travel restrictions from China and other nations,” Trump continued, adding, “The WHO’s attack on travel restrictions put political correctness above lifesaving measures.On Jan. 14, WHO unquestioningly circulated China’s official talking points in a tweet, saying, “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 19:39 by Rollin' Stoner.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 15, 2020 19:34

The Durham report should hopefully be the final answer to the Russian collusion story, if it ever gets completed with most of the country in lockdown. Though I said that about the Mueller report, so what do I know.

Date: April 15, 2020 19:37

BV, you're absolutely right about knowing who your friends are...Trump offered help to PUTIN but not Italy! Talk about messed up priorities! Again, his motivation is not in helping those in need, but rather his concern is with the OPTICS...how will it look to his pal Putin if he offered our assistance? His DEBT to the Kremlin is his concern. We are in dire need of a change in our government here is America. Never before has it mattered so much WHO will lead our country moving forward.

Date: April 15, 2020 19:46

need a vaccine for Trump Derangement Syndrome

Date: April 15, 2020 19:46

Beast, VOTERS will be the judge of this MONSTER! History will certainly tell the TRUTH about his horrific regime!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:04

I don’t have all the numbers, but it seems there are many victims in countries that do have competent leaders. I don’t think this virus cares.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:12

China lied... look WHO died.

There is an opportunity for a better group to be formed.

Date: April 15, 2020 20:15

yes they do as TDS is the worst.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:23

The nice thing about this site, and generally about music, is it is an escape from politics.

BV- Sad to see a thread dedicated to something you have maintained such a long standing ban against, and I understand the pressure to give in, as everyone keeps sneaking in, or blatantly giving their political opinions and it must get old having to play traffic cop.

I'm hoping this experiment doesn't work as I believe people will go off the rails as they usually do when it comes to high charged political discussions, and then hopefully this thread goes away and we go back to no politics on IORR.

I do find the Covid-19 discussion to be informative and a good source of news in a difficult to navigate environment of where do we get our news and who do we believe, listen to, etc. and bottom line is this site still brings me comfort and an escape from the day to day grind, especially with the Quarantine.

Looking forward to the Rolling Stones concert from home thread....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:45

There are more than 200 countries in the world. Each country is divided into counties or similar sorts, like the 50 states in USA. A lot of smart leaders around in the world do a lot of smart things these days. I think the most important matter now is to listen to science and expertise. Listen to the numbers.

If there are 500 snipers north, 50 snipers south, 200 east, and 100 west, I am sure everybody would go south, even if the politicians asked us to go north or west. I am just worried about those who do not respect the numbers. I have been working with numbers all my life, math is the master. If you master the numbers then you may do smart choices and you may win. In business, in health, in finding out about club shows, rehearsals, marketing optimization, virtually anything. Get the numbers, get them right, and we will be fine.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:46

MizzAmandaJonez
The nice thing about this site, and generally about music, is it is an escape from politics.

BV- Sad to see a thread dedicated to something you have maintained such a long standing ban against, and I understand the pressure to give in, as everyone keeps sneaking in, or blatantly giving their political opinions and it must get old having to play traffic cop.

I'm hoping this experiment doesn't work as I believe people will go off the rails as they usually do when it comes to high charged political discussions, and then hopefully this thread goes away and we go back to no politics on IORR.

I do find the Covid-19 discussion to be informative and a good source of news in a difficult to navigate environment of where do we get our news and who do we believe, listen to, etc. and bottom line is this site still brings me comfort and an escape from the day to day grind, especially with the Quarantine.

With so much of the pandemic related information being tied to politics, I applaud Bjornulf's decision to have a thread devoted to it.

Clearly labeled, easy to not click on, like the virus thread for those here just for music/band info etc.

Date: April 15, 2020 20:56

The corona virus crisis is 50% science and 50% politics. This pandemic may have ended the live career of The Rolling Stones. The way the politicians handle this from now on will tell if the Stones may ever tour. If we get a two years mess, they might never tour again. If the politicians handle this as science say, and with care, we might see the Stones live in 2022. That is why I am allowing politics in this thread. It is very, very Stones related, politics and the virus.

One more reason for allowing this thread: People are in "stay at home" state now. Nobody is allowed closer than 2-3 m i.e. 6-9 feet. I have not been closer to my children or grandchildren than 3 m i.e. 9 ft in a month now. It is hard to talk to people in a long distance. That is why I allow Stones fans to talk about their opinions here, not any politics, but the politics about the virus.

Offending and stupid posts will still be deleted. I trust everyone here respect each other and their opinions. We are all in this together, right?

Bjornulf

Date: April 15, 2020 21:12

more Russia Russia Russia nonsense.

Now you can yell WHO WHO WHO...

Time to stop the handouts if they aren't going to be truthful to all the countries.

Perfect opportunity to get a better Organization started out of this.

One that the Organizations head won't lie for anyone on either side.

China Lied, People Died!

And China's puppet lied too.

Get your money elsewhere

China destroyed the world economics and WHO seemed complicit by allowing its head to continue China's lie.

Develop a Vaccine for Coronavirus... and TDS too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 21:18 by chevysales.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 15, 2020 21:27

China has aproximatly 1 billion more inhabitants than USA. Trump had much more time to prepare for what was comming. Still his administration failed, and ended up having more casualties than China. I think that speak for it self.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 15, 2020 21:58

bv
There are more than 200 countries in the world. Each country is divided into counties or similar sorts, like the 50 states in USA. A lot of smart leaders around in the world do a lot of smart things these days. I think the most important matter now is to listen to science and expertise. Listen to the numbers.

If there are 500 snipers north, 50 snipers south, 200 east, and 100 west, I am sure everybody would go south, even if the politicians asked us to go north or west. I am just worried about those who do not respect the numbers. I have been working with numbers all my life, math is the master. If you master the numbers then you may do smart choices and you may win. In business, in health, in finding out about club shows, rehearsals, marketing optimization, virtually anything. Get the numbers, get them right, and we will be fine.

If this was the case, I think I may stay where I was...........grinning smiley .......sorry.......

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: April 15, 2020 22:00

Makes sense BV.

I also work daily with math, predictive analytics, algorithms, etc and you are 100% correct that this, like so many things, can be better analyzed using math and stats, numbers, etc.

MrDDDD, the option to not click makes the thread irrelevant to those not clicking on it so you are correct as well.

I back down, as I also was only thinking of the negative of a thread like this but I live between Calif, Washington and Oregon, all states that formed a political alliance a couple days ago to help the three states try and rebound from this situation thats having such a negative impact on so many.

If this thread is used to share positive news and ideas and facts, and if the bashing is not in play, it should also have valuable content.

I stand corrected.

Date: April 15, 2020 22:16

Koen, no, the virus doesn't care about who it takes down but in times like these when peoples' lives are at stake, it's a NO-BRAINER than great leadership determines the outcome....how many survive & how many die needlessly. Now Trump is dying to re-open the country to " kick-start" the economy...he only cares about re-opening the businesses because THAT will influence unemployment numbers and thus reflect a bit better on HIM personally...again, not a care for WHO might die by being hasty and allowing people to mingle again...nope, that is NOT his concern. EVERYTHING is about him...it's a good thing Governors in our states are taking a stand and are determined to maintain STAY AT HOME orders until it really is safer...but who is going to feel entirely safe anymore about going out socially? Not me! We need a REAL leader who will instill confidence in the American people and who we can believe...trump has lost all credibility, except with his small base which will hopefully dwindle by November 3. Imagine a president who has told 18,000 lies since he took office...that is an old count...it goes up daily. The minority in our country gave ultimate power to a person so unqualified that if one really stopped to examine how ill-equipped he really is, we'd all be running for the Canadian border..I may do that anyway, soon!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 15, 2020 22:33

I do enjoy very much the Donald Trump comedy hour at these daily press conferences but does anyone else here turn off immediately when Mike Pence starts talking? I am convinced he is a robot no human could possibly be so boring.

Nate

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 15, 2020 22:43

I actually find it funny ( and I mean hysterical ) that people who have spent the last 3.5 years obsessively bashing all things Trump are now blaming him during a WORLD WIDE pandemic. They honestly don't see what they are doing.

The expert that Trump listens to is Fauci and Fauci said in late Feb that we were doing all the correct things and this was not going to be that big a deal. he also said that Trump shut things down the minute he asked him to.

Nobody was going to do things much differently than Trump and the USA is low in the per capita deaths. All the anti Trump stuff over this is just more TDS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 23:02 by stanlove.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 15, 2020 22:49

MizzAmandaJonez

Nobody is forced to go onto this thread. I am always surprised that there is not one thread where anything goes so people who want to talk about that stuff can. That would stop it from creeping into other threads.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 15, 2020 22:50

what is this 'TDS' that the Trump-fans keep going on about?

Date: April 15, 2020 22:54

peoplewitheyes
what is this 'TDS' that the Trump-fans keep going on about? [youtu.be]

Date: April 15, 2020 22:55

We need to work positive on this. No need to find political rivals and enemies. I hear governors on both political sides in USA are cooperating. That is the only way forward. If we can not talk nice to each others here, how are we expected to live together in real life in the time to come?

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 15, 2020 23:09

stanlove
I actually find it funny ( and I mean hysterical ) that people who have spent the last 3.5 years obsessively bashing all things Trump are now blaming him during a WORLD WIDE pandemic. They honestly don't see what they are doing.

The expert that Trump listens to is Fauci and Fauci said in late Feb that we were doing all the correct things and this was not going to be that big a deal. he also said that Trump shit things down the minute he asked him to.

Nobody was going to do things much differently than Trump and the USA is low in the per capita deaths. All the anti Trump stuff over this is just more TDS.

We finally agree.
He shit things down, alright. cool smiley

Fauci admits earlier Covid-19 mitigation efforts would have saved more American lives

Asked why the President didn't recommend social distancing guidelines until mid-March -- about three weeks after the nation's top health experts recommended they be put in place -- Fauci said, "You know, Jake, as I have said many times, we look at it from a pure health standpoint. We make a recommendation. Often, the recommendation is taken. Sometimes it's not. But we -- it is what it is. We are where we are right now."
[www.cnn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 23:12 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 15, 2020 23:51

Hmmm...how to wade in on this. No easy answers. Too much deals with Drumpf. He's an a**hole. Everything he has touched in his life has turned to s*it, so what else is to be expected from him? I look at everything regarding him as just another scene from Trump Theater. This is what the daily dog and pony show with him is here in the United States - just another part of the show. Unfortunately, we here in the U-S-A are suffering the consequences of the show. Regarding Fauci, yes, he's a voice of reason, but he's been around since the Reagan years and is the consummate bureaucratic player in terms of survival. We suffer for it.

Considering that Covid is worldwide, I still hold hope that the leaders of the world will realize they must work together to defeat it. Maybe I am too much the idealist, but without worldwide cooperation, Covid, or anything else that comes along, will never really be defeated. It may be held at bay, but will always be there awaiting its chance to strike back. So, without such cooperation, I can only wonder where in the f*ck does this leave us and our world?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 16, 2020 00:01

For some people Trump can't do anything right at all. They go to extremes and claim that all that he cares about is his net worth or being reelected. Seriously, when you are a billionaire you really don't have to worry about your net worth. There is no doubt in my mind that any modern American president is sincerely trying to do his best for the people of the United States. So for me personally, when the rhetoric gets too extreme I tend to tune the poster out and their real message is lost on me.

President Trump has done a lot of great things for America. Until two months ago America was booming and unemployment was way down. Many people were very happy with the way things had been going for the past three years.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? That's the kind of thing you are looking at when it comes to arguing about dates for the implementation of various policies to combat the coronavirus. There is no point in arguing over +/- 'x' weeks when you have 20-20 hindsight.

President Trump is not perfect and he is certainly not some compulsively lying monster out to make the life of the average American miserable. That kind of flavor of rhetoric is totally ridiculous.

Sometimes he is blunt and he speaks the truth in an Old School way. Considering that at the end of President Obama's second term people were arguing about who was allowed to go into girl's bathrooms, it can be quite refreshing to see him be blunt and speak the truth. The straitjacket of political correctness is fatiguing and it can often extend to the point that it is totally counter-productive. Look at some movie from the 1970s as an example. You will see people in benign conversations talking about ordinary life that often would be totally unacceptable in this day and age. Ordinary mundane conversations that in this day and age would result in people losing their jobs. To paraphrase George Carlin, "'handicapped' became 'physically challenged' which became 'differently enabled'". For many people President Trump speaks the truth and can be blunt at times and many people respect that, warts and all.

I am pretty sure that in America public health and health policy is a State responsibility. The Federal Government is there to overview and provide support if needed, and deal with national health issues and help with resource allocation when needed like now when there is an emergency. Time will tell how President Trump and the Federal health advisers and the individual States handled this crisis. Yes, there were a few stumbles but overall I think history will give them a passing grade. But President Trump is NOT some kind of incompetent fool when it comes to this crisis like some of you are trying to portray in your spin zone.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 16, 2020 00:12

So much for Trump listening to Fauci. Only when it suits him. He's now angling to fire the guy.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 16, 2020 00:15

Good God, what will it take.

Satisfied since 1976

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10