Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick rehearsing in isolation
Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: April 12, 2020 20:33

Mick looks great.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 12, 2020 21:26

RaahenTiikeri
Mick looks great.

sure do.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 13, 2020 08:20

Jagger paid for Sids lawyer after the Nancy business, never looked for any publicity etc. I’ve heard other musicians speak of his generosity with money advice etc. I’m sure he’s a businessman, but I like people who do things quietly, in this age it seems everyone wants praise or to advertise what they do, part of a kind act is keeping it quite a lot of the time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 13, 2020 08:25

Mick got high praise from Johnny Rotten
for quietly working in the back ground to
organise and pay for Sid Vicious lawyers to
fight the murder charge after McLaren failed to help ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 13, 2020 08:57

How about, the concert for New York, The Sandy Hurricane relief and Live Aid. I suspect Mick is rehearsing for something and we will see...

Date: April 13, 2020 10:01

Easy guys ...the world's in enough turmoil
We dont need any arguing amongst each other .....

IORR is a place where we can escape .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 13, 2020 10:30

Well that escalated quickly

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 13, 2020 10:37

Getting away from the charity politics....

The rehearsals for the tour would have started around now, in the USA. So maybe he's making reference to the timing and what should have been?

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: April 13, 2020 11:29

Mick can bring in Ron to make another single. Like the one from two? years ago. Wherever Mick is, it is anywhere but London for the duration.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 13:54

Regardless of what this is for? They’re great pictures... happy Easter to all the stones and their road crew and everyone who brings the concerts to us..
Should be like the James Bond films
The Rolling Stones will be back.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 13, 2020 14:07

Just think of Jagger deciding to share some of his demos now, or like strum that guitar and sing some old classic of his for social media. Like about everyone else. What would be the judgment here? The guy losing his integrity once again by being opportunist and desperately following the trends, and making us Stones feel ashamed...grinning smiley

If anything else, the result would be judged as horrible...

So be careful what you are wishing for!

- Doxa

>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<Re: Mick rehearsing in isolation
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: April 13, 2020 14:11

Cooltoplady
Maybe hes getting ready to show Keith the intro to Brown Sugar

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 13, 2020 14:36

much above is way out of line....this isn't the place for that kind of turgid, or bombastic talk......

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 16:24

I think people need to remember this is a fan site. Try and stick with positivity... if your stuck.. go and revisit anything from stones amazing back catalogue... and how much pleasure it has and does give..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 13, 2020 16:32

Some times I think people here - adults - act more hostile than kids in the kindergarten. We are adults. Let us act like adults. With respect and tolerance. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 13, 2020 16:33

Seems to me - he is ready to Roll!! The Stones are not the type to do multi channel broadcasts. In my opinion they can get just a bit sloppy in live performances- thus, a multicast seems very unlikely. It would be great though-smiling smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 13, 2020 19:31

I was curious to see exactly what kinds of charities Mick & Company donate to so I did a bit of research and found this interesting article from 2008..I know, it's 12 years old but that's the point...I've never heard about this and $23 Million found it's way to the Congo thanks to Mick & Ben Afflack's efforts. To your point LEM MOTLOW about those stars who donate simply for the applause and those who prefer to fly " under the radar." This illustrates that point. And in answer to your question about previous attacks..I consider the source. In this case it might be the virus creating " Psychotic Reactions"...LOL..

[news.un.org]
I hope you can read this article; the money went to pay for clean water and emergency kits for 250,000 homeless refugees. I was unaware of the film, " Gimme Shelter" that was produced to turn the spotlight on this crisis. ( No, NOT THAT GIMME SHELTER about Altamont ). I don't think anyone needs to tell Mick what to do with his money..it seems he knows how to care for those less fortunate in the world. I hope this brought a smile to your face. I was actually glad I'd never heard of this. It shows that it was done for all the right reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 20:15 by mickschix.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: April 13, 2020 21:10

mickschix
I was curious to see exactly what kinds of charities Mick & Company donate to so I did a bit of research and found this interesting article from 2008..I know, it's 12 years old but that's the point...I've never heard about this and $23 Million found it's way to the Congo thanks to Mick & Ben Afflack's efforts. To your point LEM MOTLOW about those stars who donate simply for the applause and those who prefer to fly " under the radar." This illustrates that point. And in answer to your question about previous attacks..I consider the source. In this case it might be the virus creating " Psychotic Reactions"...LOL..

[news.un.org]
I hope you can read this article; the money went to pay for clean water and emergency kits for 250,000 homeless refugees. I was unaware of the film, " Gimme Shelter" that was produced to turn the spotlight on this crisis. ( No, NOT THAT GIMME SHELTER about Altamont ). I don't think anyone needs to tell Mick what to do with his money..it seems he knows how to care for those less fortunate in the world. I hope this brought a smile to your face. I was actually glad I'd never heard of this. It shows that it was done for all the right reasons.

There is a fun Facebook group called Mick Jagger The Greatest Frontman Ever.
Check it out...28k followers. Moderated and great pics and Mick topics!

Date: April 13, 2020 21:37

I think a good charity would be US. US fans.

Lowering ticket prices would be a charitable contribution to his loyal fans. Some of his fans like me have seen them well over 100 times.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2020 21:59

georgemcdonnell314
I think a good charity would be US. US fans.

Lowering ticket prices would be a charitable contribution to his loyal fans. Some of his fans like me have seen them well over 100 times.

They did that starting in 2013.
Came up with a system that works really well imo.
Have seen nearly every tour multiple times since then and paid $29-$85 per Lucky Dip.
From the rafters to the Pit, been a great ride.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 13, 2020 23:47

Yes and I don’t know of any other band which has such a system in place for there fans!

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 14, 2020 00:43

the last time the rolling stones rehearsed in isolation they came up with the album dirtywork.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 14, 2020 00:55

Hopefully Mick is planning to do a solo "at home" concert in the coming weeks.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2020 02:26

Damm he looks great!
I bet he (or with some/all of the other band members) do something for us virtually before this is over. Mick and Keith doing something like they did together with Country Honk would be fantastic. Dust off a few rarities and turn the cameras on Glimmers!!

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: April 14, 2020 04:51

Love this photo! Love how good he looks, how determined he is! Can’t beat the really boring sniping, love the appreciative stories like mickschix! Thank you! X

Date: April 14, 2020 05:22

YEAH Mick looks good even in track-dacks ....

Anyone know the story of the art hangin' on da wall .... ???????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2020 08:13

NHS....do those initials stand for New Hit Single? winking smiley

DiegoGlimmerStones
Mick also send a heartfelt thank you direct to NHS staff working hard in the fight against coronavirus along with more stars of stage, screen and sports field
via YouTube.

#ThankYouNHS
[www.youtube.com]

grinning smiley

Posted by: ExileFromNJ ()
Date: April 15, 2020 05:05

He's doing the same thing I'm doing; playing his Strat to pass the time. Mines even the same color lol

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 15, 2020 14:01

Even Mick Jagger shoves cables under a chair.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 15, 2020 14:16

Yep, he sure looks fine.

The guitar amps in the pic seems to be a multi wattage 10/50/100W Mesa Boogie Lonestar
with one 12" speaker or two, can't tell.
weighs either 72 lbs or 79 lbs depending on speaker configuration.

The Marshall seems to be a JVM410C model
4 Channels in all-tube technology
Equipped with: 2x 12" Celestion Vintage 30 & G12 Heritage

The PA speaker seems to be a Mackie SRM 450V...
Power: 500 W Rms, 1000 W Peak
Frequency Range: 42 Hz - 23 kHz
Peak SPL: 128 dB
Feedback Destroyer
4 Speaker Mode selection for application-specific voicing: PA, DJ, Monitor, Solo
Connections: 2x XLR/1/4" jack and 1x RCA
Dimensions (H x W x D): 406 x 663 x 376 mm
Weight: 16,8kg

Ok, I'll leave it at that, feel free to spot more details from the pic. smoking smiley
curtains, pictures, lamp...smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 14:30 by open-g.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home