Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: What happened to the Vault series?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 21, 2020 09:00

And of course, Atlantic City 1989 is not being hoarded by Donald Trump.
I couldn't believe somebody believe dcba's joke, which is why I responded to "The Greek"'s postings, to make it more obvious for her that it was all a joke.

Lots of folks here wish for St Louis 1997 and things like that. I simply can not believe it. In addition to their 1990-2017 concerts being musically un-important, there are so many terrific souning AUD recordings from those years, unlike the earlier days.

Give us 1966-1977, please.
Even the drugged out performance of Wild Horses from Knewbworth 1976 is worth more than 100 concerts from the 2000s

Date: April 21, 2020 10:48

Erik_Snow
And of course, Atlantic City 1989 is not being hoarded by Donald Trump.
I couldn't believe somebody believe dcba's joke, which is why I responded to "The Greek"'s postings, to make it more obvious for her that it was all a joke.

Lots of folks here wish for St Louis 1997 and things like that. I simply can not believe it. In addition to their 1990-2017 concerts being musically un-important, there are so many terrific souning AUD recordings from those years, unlike the earlier days.

Even the drugged out performance of Wild Horses from Knewbworth 1976 is worth more than 100 concerts from the 2000s

They released that one, though.

Well, I'll take the 1982 and 1985 club shows any day over Knebworth winking smiley

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 21, 2020 12:49

There's plenty of audio and video material available from the concerts of the last three decades. Do we really need another From the Vault out of them? Obviously, most users here don't care that much on these and prefer much older material, which is definitely unerstandable.
But how about a DVD/BR on the guest spots during that period? We had Bob Dylan, Guns'N'Roses, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, John Fogerty etc etc etc. ... a bunch of musical flowers :-)

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 13:10

Next what is there are rumors or release date

Date: April 21, 2020 13:43

mick64
Next what is there are rumors or release date

You've asked about this a lot, and I have replied with the Stones's press release. I don't think anyone knows more than that.

Here it is again (from 2018): [www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Highlighted:

«Eagle Rock, the UMG-owned producer and distributor of music programming for broadcast, DVD, Blu-Ray, TV and digital media, also has expanded its global distribution rights to the band's extensive longform audio-visual catalog. As part of the agreement, Eagle Rock will also reissue several classic concert films from its archives, including Atlanta (1989), Steel Wheels (1989-90), Voodoo Lounge (1994), Bridges to Babylon (1997-98), Four Flicks (2002) and A Bigger Bang (2005-06).

In addition, UMG will provide The Rolling Stones with archival support and dedicated space for the band's physical media assets, musical instruments and equipment across the company's ecosystem of vaults positioned around the world».

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 21, 2020 14:16

I’d kill for Four Flicks on Blu-ray. And they have some of the American 2002 club shows filmed too don’t they? Roseland Ballroom would be great.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 21, 2020 14:28

Even the drugged out performance of Wild Horses from Knewbworth 1976 is worth more than 100 concerts from the 2000s (by Erik Snow)

Agree 100%. To me these re-releases of late era Stones shows is a complete waste of time, vinyl, money, whatever. The are all out there already.
We know that there are shows that were recorded, filmed from the 70's that we haven't experienced.

Date: April 21, 2020 16:07

I would never object if they released club shows from 1982, 1990, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2012 or 2013, though.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 16:09

At this point anything (besides another '97/'98 show) sounds good. Working from home and listening to live Stones daily.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 21, 2020 18:18

JumpingKentFlash
I’d kill for Four Flicks on Blu-ray. And they have some of the American 2002 club shows filmed too don’t they? Roseland Ballroom would be great.

Here here! An expanded Four Flicks ala Totally Stripped would be very nice. Totally Licked.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 21, 2020 18:56

Justin
JumpingKentFlash

Here here! An expanded Four Flicks ala Totally Stripped would be very nice. Totally Licked.
I don't think it would work as it has already been released and save for us hardcore fans who will buy it a second time ? Money lost and resources wasted is what I could imagine them saying at the office !

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 21, 2020 20:29

TheGreek
Justin
JumpingKentFlash

I don't think it would work as it has already been released and save for us hardcore fans who will buy it a second time ? Money lost and resources wasted is what I could imagine them saying at the office !

An upgrade in picture and audio plus adding additional shows like Circus 2003, Bangalore 2003, Palais Royale 2002 plus whatever else they may have would be enough to flush out an expanded set.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 21, 2020 20:44

Justin
TheGreek
Justin
JumpingKentFlash

An upgrade in picture and audio plus adding additional shows like Circus 2003, Bangalore 2003, Palais Royale 2002 plus whatever else they may have would be enough to flush out an expanded set.
Well if that's how it is then I will eagerly buy this asap

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 21, 2020 21:09

Guess, we shall wait till the economy will recover more or less after all this mess caused by COVID. I do not think there will a release any time soon. Maybe by Thanksgiving or X-Mas. Or just before the next tour.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 21:29

Justin
JumpingKentFlash

I'm all for this, but w/ a different editor.

I felt the Club Show on Four Flicks was very poorly edited...camera jumping all over the place...cut-cut-cut...jump-jump-jump.....the editing totally destroyed the intimate atmosphere of the Club Shows...IMO

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 21, 2020 21:48

I find it a litle strange that so many on this site often express more enthusiasm for live recordings from the Vegas area than from the bands heydays. Take for instance Hyde Park '69 witch have the first ever version of Midnight Rambler. I would love to hear it in its entirety. Then you have Altamont..! One can hear a huge difference just from one year to another on their tours from '69 to '82, and to me thats very interesting. Not just because the band was creative and on top of the rock-scene, but also because they were developing as a band. There are so many treasures that we still haven't heard! Where is the interest for the Stones history?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 22:25 by S.T.P.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:18

I'd really like to get something like Paris '76 or Knebworth. I can do without Atlantic City '89 as far as I'm concerned. Never really liked that show and we already got many different very good versions of it. I agree with a couple of you who there were too many guests that night (not an Axl fan at all).

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 21, 2020 22:49

S.T.P
I find it a litle strange that so many on this site often express more enthusiasm for live recordings from the Vegas area than from the bands heydays. Take for instance Hyde Park '69 witch have the first ever version of Midnight Rambler. I would love to hear it in its entirety. Then you have Altamont..! One can hear a huge difference just from one year to another on their tours from '69 to '82, and to me thats very interesting. Not just because the band was creative and on top of the rock-scene, but also because they were developing as a band. There are so many treasures that we still haven't heard! Where is the interest for the Stones history?

I understand your point, maybe it is because for people like me the setlists 69-82 are engraved in our minds so when we're watching the show or listening on saturday night we know whats coming, whilst when we're enjoying say B2B Buenos Aires or Totally Stripped, if one's enough pissed, one forgets if they're doing Memory Motel or Sister Morphine, or say Beast Of Burden or Black Limo on that particular night. Before a band turns Vegas they always play the same setlists every night, just the rules of the game I guess?

I sat with Noel Gallagher once in Cincinnati and I asked him this, "why don't you (Oasis, this was 2006) mix up the setlists more like Stones or Dylan?" And he said he was so disappointed when he Went to shows in the eighties and The Smiths for instance played a certain number in London but not in Manchester. My mind works the opposite, Oh we got Beast Of Burden here and they got Whip the night before, how great!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 23:07

MadMax brings up a really good point. Setlist wise, they actually had more variety from '97 on. Setlists rarely changed in the 70s. Perhaps that is why they focus on the '89-present shows.

Date: April 22, 2020 00:19

TumblinDice76
MadMax brings up a really good point. Setlist wise, they actually had more variety from '97 on. Setlists rarely changed in the 70s. Perhaps that is why they focus on the '89-present shows.

They varied quite a bit in 1989/90, too. At least, they changed the setlist for the euro leg and played more new stuff in 89.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 22, 2020 02:09

>More widespread release?

yes, it has been released as a super expensive exclusive thing and then in Japan along with the Marquee club show, neither of which I consider a widespread release. So, a more widespread release is what I would be thinking of, and its only natural since its already been prepared and all as evidenced by its two releases.

am I missing something? I am but a novice.

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 22, 2020 03:15

S.T.P

Probably different strata of fans. I know a slightly older fan who says they were no good after Brian left. Nonsense of course. Their real peak was after that. There are those who feel the Stones ended for them when Taylor split. There was still some gas left in the tank. Some (ME) feel the Golden Age ended when Bill retired. (It did) Others feel the 90s were the tits. (There were some live highlights, like No Security, but Stripped is by no means their live best). Many felt post Keith's head conk is when it rapidly faded, while others feel they're playing better than ever. (More nonsense).

Maybe it has to do with when you got on the Stones bus. If you don't know the Golden Era Stones, maybe you don't get it. Why so many feel it was less and less every year after 1990. I guess that would be wonderful to hear A Bigger Bang without knowing better. Just think how lucky they'll be when they start from the beginning.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 22, 2020 04:29

jbwelda

yes, it has been released as a super expensive exclusive thing and then in Japan along with the Marquee club show, neither of which I consider a widespread release. So, a more widespread release is what I would be thinking of, and its only natural since its already been prepared and all as evidenced by its two releases.

jb
Releases from Vault series usually include video portions. This is not a case for Brussels Affair. Brussels is more logical as bonus for Goats Head Soup Deluxe that was rumored here too.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 22, 2020 04:46

ironbelly
jbwelda

jb
Releases from Vault series usually include video portions. This is not a case for Brussels Affair. Brussels is more logical as bonus for Goats Head Soup Deluxe that was rumored here too.

You mean Brussels we don't already have? We have the official, and most people have the bootleg. A Bonus of what we already own?

Date: April 22, 2020 07:31

jbwelda

jb

The download release smiling smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 22, 2020 07:59

Yes the dl too but I meant actual physical product. Probably have a point about the video component being missing though, hadn't thought of that. But the fact its widely circulated on boot since way back when shouldn't put them off from a general release, shit I promised myself back then that if this sort of stuff ever came out officially I would be duty bound to buy it. Hopefully others feel the same. I have actually bought some of their official product just because of that...marquee tv show for one.

I would be good with Atlantic City if nothing else, that I remember as a pretty good performance for the time and they probably have multi track master of the audio somewhere. This was along about the time of Going to a Go Go, wasn't it?

jb

Date: April 22, 2020 08:51

It's not widely circulating on boot. That was the other show + London etc.

Well, I guess it's widely circulating now smiling smiley

I'm hoping for a show we don't have already.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:00

DandelionPowderman

How about St. Louis or Minneapolis 1972? hot smiley

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: April 22, 2020 20:09

S.T.P

Couldn't agree more with this. I'd like more audio only releases. Not sure why they stopped doing them.

Date: April 23, 2020 00:18

S.T.P
DandelionPowderman

How about St. Louis or Minneapolis 1972? hot smiley

Or Mobile or Charlotte smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home