Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: What happened to the Vault series?
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 16:44

timbernardis
hockenheim95
They recorded the Munich shows with more cameras than normally used for the screens. They aired a TV special here in Germany. I think it was an hour long or something like that with songs from all three shows. The video of the club show was bootleged some years ago. But as I was at two of These shows of course I would prefer Munich to be released. They played some interesting cuts like Mannish Boy, Neighbours, Love in Vain, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, Little Red Rooster and I can't Turn you loose.

Now those numbers would have been the most rare of any of theater/theatre shows from that tour. The rarest of the rare. But yes, I've heard great things about that show.

plexi

Only Can't Turn you Loose was played at the club show. Little Red Rooster was played at the Stadium and the others in the arena

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 13, 2020 16:50

timbernardis
MadMax
hockenheim95
They recorded the Munich shows with more cameras than normally used for the screens. They aired a TV special here in Germany. I think it was an hour long or something like that with songs from all three shows. The video of the club show was bootleged some years ago. But as I was at two of These shows of course I would prefer Munich to be released. They played some interesting cuts like Mannish Boy, Neighbours, Love in Vain, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, Little Red Rooster and I can't Turn you loose.

Yeah and only Munich and Stockholm got a 20-song arena set, all others 19 in Europe 2003 and Krone must've been a hot show! (in more ways than one;-).

I was at all three in Stockholm and the Cirkus and the Globe were great, the IYCRM/YGMR incident which showed up in Australia in the spring occured here too, Keith preferring to play a much hotter and rarer IYCRM BEFORE YGMR although the setlist said 2.YGMR 3. IYCRM (I was at the front seeing the plexi)

Sorry but I wasn't there.

plexi

smileys with beer Hehe sorry I meant the plexi glass on the side of Charlie's drumswinking smiley

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 16:50

peoplewitheyes
stickyfingers101
Wembley 1995....

Mick was there, Keith was there....I WAS THERE!

I was there too! Is it a gig worth hearing again? I was nineteen and blasted on speed, loved it but remember very little...

hahaha!

I remember they did Sweet Virginia, which was cool....opened w/ Not Fade Away, which I always thought was a solid opener.

Charlie's drumstick went over my hand by about 3cm (dude behind me got it)....

Black Crowes opened....

I have some "good" pictures I took w/ one of those crappy disposable "box" cameras they used to make

good times all-around.

Date: April 13, 2020 16:54

Cooltoplady
artinis1
Now more than ever would be a great time to release the next from the Vault show.
Are they done or will there be more?

Non essential employment. It takes production, press releases, sales dept. many people are involved in releasing one of these. We are in an epidemic emergency and you want a Vault release. Think!

pretty sure most (all?) of this can be done online (ie. at home).

besides, if liquor stores are considered "essential" then the measuring-stick of "essential" is kind of a joke....IMO.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: April 13, 2020 17:38

stickyfingers101
Cooltoplady
artinis1
Now more than ever would be a great time to release the next from the Vault show.

Non essential employment. It takes production, press releases, sales dept. many people are involved in releasing one of these. We are in an epidemic emergency and you want a Vault release. Think!

besides, if liquor stores are considered "essential" then the measuring-stick of "essential" is kind of a joke....IMO.

Are you? Are you "pretty sure" about that? That it can be done online? Jesus, the armchair monday morning experts on this site are running rampant. This is partly why humans ultimately won't make it because someone like stickyfingers101 will be saying "well technically this fire won't kill me because I'm pretty sure it's not hot enough and..." As Cooltoplady said, it's an emergency.....a GLOBAL PANDEMIC......and you are pissing about a vault release. and Liquor stores fall under food and beverage, it's really not a stretch. Whining about a band not releasing new music during a pandemic, now THAT is a stretch.

Date: April 13, 2020 18:01

floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
Cooltoplady
artinis1

Are you? Are you "pretty sure" about that? That it can be done online? Jesus, the armchair monday morning experts on this site are running rampant. This is partly why humans ultimately won't make it because someone like stickyfingers101 will be saying "well technically this fire won't kill me because I'm pretty sure it's not hot enough and..." As Cooltoplady said, it's an emergency.....a GLOBAL PANDEMIC......and you are pissing about a vault release. and Liquor stores fall under food and beverage, it's really not a stretch. Whining about a band not releasing new music during a pandemic, now THAT is a stretch.

whoa.

who's whining and who's pissing? Obviously if it can't be done online, then "no" it shouldn't happen.

I never recommended people go out-and-about just for music to be released....

lighten up, Francis

[www.youtube.com]

FYI - yes, liquor is part of "food and beverage"...but, it's far from "essential" and can't be acquired without going out-and-about...but, you're cool w/ people going out for that during a global pandemic? Got it.

I do like how you put the fate of the human race on me...very reasonable assertion.

Fires and working online to release existing music - great analogy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 18:19 by stickyfingers101.

Date: April 13, 2020 18:21

stickyfingers101
floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
Cooltoplady
artinis1

whoa.

who's whining and who's pissing?

lighten up, Francis

[www.youtube.com]

FYI - yes, liquor is part of "food and beverage"...but, it's far from "essential"....IMO

I do like how you put the fate of the human race on me...very reasonable assertion.

Who? You. You are whining and pissing.
Your reaction proves that you haven't come to terms with it. Francis....really, how precious and original.
I wouldn't put the fate of the human race on you ever...God help us all. You are merely one of many who contribute to the selfishness, don't think so highly of yourself.
I hope you get your vault release soon, while the rest of the world understands that more important things are happening.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 18:34 by floodonthepage.

Date: April 13, 2020 18:41

floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
Cooltoplady
artinis1

whoa.

lighten up, Francis

[www.youtube.com]

FYI - yes, liquor is part of "food and beverage"...but, it's far from "essential"....IMO

Your reaction proves that you haven't come to terms with it. Francis....really, how precious and original.
I wouldn't put the fate of the human race on you ever...God help us all. You are merely one of many who contribute to the selfishness, don't think so highly of yourself.
I hope you get your precious vault release soon, while the rest of the world understands that more important things are happening.

yeah...like posting on IORR.org

Oh, the irony....

FYI - I honestly don't care if there is a Vault release again ever. I just speculated that it could be done online...and if it can, then why not?

It's a Stones Board after all...not a "Solve World Problems" board. I am allowed to talk about Stones-related-things here w/o the fate of the human race being thrust upon me, aren't I?

Whatever..."Stripes" is a great movie...admit it.

[www.youtube.com]

haha.

seriously...good luck. Keep it light, man. I didn't mean to start a fight and I am truly sorry if I upset you for some reason. I just speculated that a Vault Release could happen if it could be done online....never knew that made me a bad person.

But if that means I'm "selfish" in your eyes, so be it.

Stay safe. All the best. I sincerely mean that.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 13, 2020 18:43

Oh, God, I wish I was a loofah.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 13, 2020 18:49

What heat! So everybody are selfish and ignorant these days? Just for wanting to listen to some new music, while sitting at home, waiting for the world to get well?

I saw somebody in a different thread even stating that not carrying a phone with oneself is selfish....
I never carry my phone unless I have my suitcase, I don't like having things in my pockets except VISA. And it's not selfish; the same way I can't be reached when outdoors, I can't reach others either! It works both ways!

Was going to be so selfish to continue reading my book, but I don't know if I dare now, maybe just call it a day instead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 18:50 by Erik_Snow.

Date: April 13, 2020 18:52

But it's true there are some selfish persons around, they are the ones sitting next to 100+ toilet paper rolls

Date: April 13, 2020 18:53

Erik_Snow
What heat! So everybody are selfish and ignorant these days? Just for wanting to listen to some new music, while sitting at home, waiting for the world to get well?

I saw somebody in a different thread even stating that not carrying a phone with oneself is selfish....
I never carry my phone unless I have my suitcase, I don't like having things in my pockets except VISA. And it's not selfish; the same way I can't be reached when outdoors, I can't reach others either! It works both ways!

Was going to be so selfish to continue reading my book, but I don't know if I dare now, maybe just call it a day instead

thumbs up

pretty sure "calling it a day" makes you selfish too!!!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out grinning smiley

Date: April 13, 2020 19:04

stickyfingers101
floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
Cooltoplady
artinis1

whoa.

lighten up, Francis

[www.youtube.com]

I hope you get your precious vault release soon, while the rest of the world understands that more important things are happening.

Oh, the irony....

FYI - I honestly don't care if there is a Vault release again ever. I just speculated that it could be done online...and if it can, then why not?

It's a Stones Board after all...not a "Solve World Problems" board. I am allowed to talk about Stones-related-things here w/o the fate of the human race being thrust upon me, aren't I?

[www.youtube.com]

haha.

seriously...good luck. Keep it light, man. I didn't mean to start a fight and I am truly sorry if I upset you for some reason. I just speculated that a Vault Release could happen if it could be done online....never knew that made me a bad person.

What a response. There's nothing ironic about someone posting on a message board. It's a message board. Look up irony sometime. Message boards are for messages. You may or may not be a bad person, and selfish may not be the right word, but you certainly seem unaware about what goes into a production like that and aloof to why a large operation like the Stones may not be making such a thing a priority right now. It's not a few online clicks in some basement. As someone has already pointed out, it takes a lot of work from a lot of people. People who are likely not working right now.

No one is solving the world's problems here as far I as know, but some seem more aware of the impact of the world's problems.

And I never saw Stripes but for a few scenes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 19:11 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 13, 2020 19:23

dcba
GasLightStreet
It is very strange that they haven't put out Atlantic City 1989.

They can't! Trump holds the rights to the performance as it took place in a venue he owned.
I am not so sure he own the Boardwalk Hall ?

Date: April 13, 2020 19:28

I vote for Cirkus Crone 2003 , with such a killer set list and really top notch playing .

Date: April 13, 2020 19:48

TheGreek
dcba
GasLightStreet

They can't! Trump holds the rights to the performance as it took place in a venue he owned.

Oh he owes everything, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g

So, no Atlantic City 89.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 13, 2020 20:06

floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
Cooltoplady
artinis1

whoa.

lighten up, Francis

[www.youtube.com]

Oh, the irony....

[www.youtube.com]

haha.

What a response. There's nothing ironic about someone posting on a message board. It's a message board. Look up irony sometime. Message boards are for messages. You may or may not be a bad person, and selfish may not be the right word, but you certainly seem unaware about what goes into a production like that and aloof to why a large operation like the Stones may not be making such a thing a priority right now. It's not a few online clicks in some basement. As someone has already pointed out, it takes a lot of work from a lot of people. People who are likely not working right now.

No one is solving the world's problems here as far I as know, but some seem more aware of the impact of the world's problems.

And I never saw Stripes but for a few scenes.

Oh the two of you SHUT UP. If u were kids on a playground, I'd grab both of u by the collar and bang your heads together. Juvenile!

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 13, 2020 20:14

hockenheim95
timbernardis
hockenheim95

Now those numbers would have been the most rare of any of theater/theatre shows from that tour. The rarest of the rare. But yes, I've heard great things about that show.

plexi

Only Can't Turn you Loose was played at the club show. Little Red Rooster was played at the Stadium and the others in the arena

I thought that Cirkus Krone (is that the correct spelling?)was on You Tube but I just now couldn't find it. Maybe it was taken down like so many others recently. I could only find Tumbling Dice. Anyone have a link to the "new and improved" version with soundboard audio?

plexi

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 13, 2020 20:52

Erik_Snow

So, no Atlantic City 89.

Yeah, that's true, it's absolutely true! In fact he just twittered that the recording is sooo goood, it's absolutely AMAZING!! SO TRUE! He's keeping it safe in his building so that we all, in the near greate future can listen to it. Cause it's not just the best recording of the best concert of The Rolling Stones ever - it's also the greatest ever concert recording of any band in this world and beyond... We must all thank him for making the great great concert happend!

Date: April 13, 2020 21:29

Erik_Snow
TheGreek
dcba
GasLightStreet

So, no Atlantic City 89.
According to Google it is owned by Atlantic County Improvement Authority , but is leased by the Sports Authority Through a partnership called Historic Boardwalk Hall LLC. The Private company , Pitney Bowes Credit Corp is part of the Financing for the Hall's Partnership

Date: April 13, 2020 21:31

TheGreek
Erik_Snow
TheGreek
dcba
GasLightStreet

So, no Atlantic City 89.
According to Google it is owned by Atlantic County Improvement Authority , but is leased by the Sports Authority Through a partnership called Historic Boardwalk Hall LLC. The Private company , Pitney Bowes Credit Corp is part of the Financing for the Hall's Partnership

Fake news

Date: April 13, 2020 21:36

Erik_Snow
TheGreek
Erik_Snow
TheGreek
dcba
GasLightStreet

So, no Atlantic City 89.

Fake news
You sure hide it well don't you ?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 13, 2020 21:43

timbernardis
hockenheim95
timbernardis
hockenheim95

plexi

I thought that Cirkus Krone (is that the correct spelling?)was on You Tube but I just now couldn't find it. Maybe it was taken down like so many others recently. I could only find Tumbling Dice. Anyone have a link to the "new and improved" version with soundboard audio?

plexi

I guess it's been taken down unfortunately...here's the only official one from Four Flicks so far, although labelled from "Paris" for whatever reason...

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 22:48

El Mocambo '77 is inexplicably still absent.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 23:52

Am I the only one who wonders if The Stones or Eagle Rock actually want to make money off of these?

Wish List in random order:
El Mocambo '77
Paris '76 or Anything from '76
A full '72 show that is NOT L&G.
Brussels '73 in a similar format to the single disc: Checker, '78 Texas, and L&G
A full uncut show from '69
Atlantic City '89
A 3 show set from the '03 Club, Arena, Stadium format.

Date: April 13, 2020 23:55

stickyfingers101
Erik_Snow

thumbs up

You clowns both missed it, but as they say I guess you're too busy being clowns. "Selfish" as in self-centered enough to think he alone controls the fate of the human...oh forget it. Plexi is right, just smack everybody's heads together. That'll fix it. This is where it's at now. As one of my favorites said it, "I guess I wish, you all the best".

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 13, 2020 23:57

I find it hard to understand what part of releasing a Vault concert would need some kind of offline work.

Surely for a download-only release everything would be done online. What online/physical work would there even be?

Not that I am saying it would be easy - obviously there is all kind of legal bs and egos to deal with, but just that it is exactly the kind of project that could be done entirely online.

Date: April 14, 2020 00:22

floodonthepage
You clowns both missed it, but as they say I guess you're too busy being clowns. "Selfish" as in self-centered enough to think he alone controls the fate of the human...oh forget it. Plexi is right, just smack everybody's heads together. That'll fix it. This is where it's at now. As one of my favorites said it, "I guess I wish, you all the best".

I couldn't spend more than a couple of seconds looking at them grumpy posts above, whatever I "missed" , though I still think you're trying to twist it, is just for the better

Date: April 14, 2020 00:23

peoplewitheyes
I find it hard to understand what part of releasing a Vault concert would need some kind of offline work.

Surely for a download-only release everything would be done online. What online/physical work would there even be?

Not that I am saying it would be easy - obviously there is all kind of legal bs and egos to deal with, but just that it is exactly the kind of project that could be done entirely online.

Indeed, it could be done online, in it's entirely. Plenty of artist does it

Though - I quite honestly don't think it's any urgent, and I guess 99,99999% of the world don't think so either, in these times. So it's all just in theory

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-14 00:24 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 14, 2020 00:47

floodonthepage
stickyfingers101
Erik_Snow

thumbs up

I'm trying to see the irony here!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home