Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
What happened to the Vault series?
Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 06:41

Now more than ever would be a great time to release the next from the Vault show.
Are they done or will there be more?

Re: What happened to the Vault series?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 11, 2020 07:31

Who knows? I suspect there's a couple things left. Knebworth, Atlantic City '89. God knows when they'll ever let us have them.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 11, 2020 21:08

It is very strange that they haven't put out Atlantic City 1989.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 21:32

Maybe too many guest stars on AC ‘89?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 11, 2020 21:34

GasLightStreet

They can't! Trump holds the rights to the performance as it took place in a venue he owned.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: April 11, 2020 21:57

Paris 1976 very long overdue!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 22:23

Wembley 1995....

Mick was there, Keith was there....I WAS THERE!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 11, 2020 22:25

stickyfingers101
Wembley 1995....

I was there too! Is it a gig worth hearing again? I was nineteen and blasted on speed, loved it but remember very little...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 11, 2020 23:41

peoplewitheyes
stickyfingers101
Wembley 1995....

I was there too! Is it a gig worth hearing again? I was nineteen and blasted on speed, loved it but remember very little...
I just wounder how many moans and whining will be here for another 1994-1995 tour show after Totally Stripped, Voodoo Lounge Uncut and Tokyo 1995 winking smiley

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 12, 2020 00:44

artinis1
Now more than ever would be a great time to release the next from the Vault show.
Are they done or will there be more?

Non essential employment. It takes production, press releases, sales dept. many people are involved in releasing one of these. We are in an epidemic emergency and you want a Vault release. Think!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 00:48 by Cooltoplady.

Date: April 12, 2020 00:59

They're not called "From the vault" anymore, are they? And it isn't really that long since Bridges To Buenos Aires.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 12, 2020 11:12

How about a theater show or two from Licks? Other than what was on Four Flicks.

plexi

Date: April 12, 2020 11:14

Or a trilogy of shows from one of those cities that got them -- theater, arena, stadium.

plexi

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 12, 2020 12:49

timbernardis
Or a trilogy of shows from one of those cities that got them -- theater, arena, stadium.

plexi

That'd be brilliant! Now what would be the "perfect" city? Ie the one city that got the most varied setlists (among other criterias)smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 12:55 by MadMax.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 12, 2020 13:05

MadMax

Now what would be the "perfect" city?

Munich, June 4-8, 2003 - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] - [iorr.org] ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 13:10 by Irix.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 12, 2020 13:08

They recorded the Munich shows with more cameras than normally used for the screens. They aired a TV special here in Germany. I think it was an hour long or something like that with songs from all three shows. The video of the club show was bootleged some years ago. But as I was at two of These shows of course I would prefer Munich to be released. They played some interesting cuts like Mannish Boy, Neighbours, Love in Vain, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, Little Red Rooster and I can't Turn you loose.

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: April 12, 2020 13:33

I’d like to get something totally new and dedicated to fans. Why not to release the Alcatraz rehearsals that were fully recorded and filmed? Or the Rotterdam sessions when selecting the new guitarist? Are we sure we need on more live album?

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 12, 2020 13:39

Stockholm trilogy 2003 would be nice. But maybe too many mistakes: Stray Cat Blues at Cirkus, technical problems during first songs at Globe Arena etc.

Date: April 12, 2020 13:41

hockenheim95
They recorded the Munich shows with more cameras than normally used for the screens. They aired a TV special here in Germany. I think it was an hour long or something like that with songs from all three shows. The video of the club show was bootleged some years ago. But as I was at two of These shows of course I would prefer Munich to be released. They played some interesting cuts like Mannish Boy, Neighbours, Love in Vain, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, Little Red Rooster and I can't Turn you loose.

Yeah and only Munich and Stockholm got a 20-song arena set, all others 19 in Europe 2003 and Krone must've been a hot show! (in more ways than one;-).

I was at all three in Stockholm and the Cirkus and the Globe were great, the IYCRM/YGMR incident which showed up in Australia in the spring occured here too, Keith preferring to play a much hotter and rarer IYCRM BEFORE YGMR although the setlist said 2.YGMR 3. IYCRM (I was at the front seeing the plexi) and Ronnie had the Zemaitis and had to give it back and play air guitar for half the song until he got the Strat and the Cry Baby ready! The Olympic Stadium was not as good, although it had a rare moment where Ronnie talked into Keith's mic, saying "We're all allowed a bump in the road" (was he back on the charlie one might wonder?)

Cirkus was just BRILLIANT with me at the best seat in the house and NO Flash OR Satisfaction, only show beside the half acoustic Paradiso shows in 1995 where this have occured and we got a menacingly dark Sympathy as the closing number, the only Licks show where that happened.

Philly 2002 should be a strong contender too, anyone was there? (Dice as the closing number at the Towern WOW! And Beast on the b-stage at the arena show!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 13:43 by MadMax.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: April 12, 2020 17:26

St Louis 1997 would be very welcome

Bye
Fernando

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 12, 2020 20:20

Alcatraz rehearsals? Whats the story with that? did they actually have rehearsal sessions out on the rock in San Francisco Bay? Sounds kind of far fetched and I have never heard of it. Enlighten me please. I have been out there a number of times (first time taking food and supplies out to the native americans during the occupation in the seventies)...it sure would be isolated enough.

jb

Date: April 12, 2020 20:30

jbwelda

Alcatraz rehearsals? Whats the story with that?

See here (scroll down): [iorr.org] - it was 2006 in Milan (Italy).

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 12, 2020 20:30

jbwelda
Alcatraz rehearsals? Whats the story with that? did they actually have rehearsal sessions out on the rock in San Francisco Bay? Sounds kind of far fetched and I have never heard of it. Enlighten me please.

Alcatraz club in Milan. Where rehearsals for the European leg of A Bigger Bang took place in 2006.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 12, 2020 21:25

dcba
GasLightStreet

They can't! Trump holds the rights to the performance as it took place in a venue he owned.

Doubt it, considering some of the songs have already been released on 'Flashpoint' and the show was broadcast on a PPV channel that had nothing to do with him. And what could he do with that performance in any case?

No way would the Stones have given up publishing rights for an event like that to a site owner.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 12, 2020 21:37

I wonder why they have at least two different ways to release new unreleased live material. Somtimes it "From The Vault" and others just "live". Are the diferent "lables" a different aproach on the production or are there other explanations?

Date: April 12, 2020 23:45

S.T.P

I wonder why they have at least two different ways to release new unreleased live material. Sometimes it "From The Vault" and others just "live".

Maybe the "Live" was already released in any form (e.g. PPV) while "From The Vault" is released for the first time ....

Date: April 13, 2020 01:55

I'll say just bring it on, just some unexpected crackin' m****f***in show from 81 or 94 or 03!

ANYTHING!!!!

Just watched the Fonda show and now wating for the missus to get ready for tonight!!!

Oh YeaH! Do I love the Quarantine Blues!!

Just saying but The Point, Dublin, 2003? 11th of sep? It's a Beautiful room!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 01:56 by MadMax.

Date: April 13, 2020 16:31

MadMax
hockenheim95

Yeah and only Munich and Stockholm got a 20-song arena set, all others 19 in Europe 2003 and Krone must've been a hot show! (in more ways than one;-).

I was at all three in Stockholm and the Cirkus and the Globe were great, the IYCRM/YGMR incident which showed up in Australia in the spring occured here too, Keith preferring to play a much hotter and rarer IYCRM BEFORE YGMR although the setlist said 2.YGMR 3. IYCRM (I was at the front seeing the plexi)

Sorry but I wasn't there.

plexi

Date: April 13, 2020 16:35

hockenheim95

Now those numbers would have been the most rare of any of theater/theatre shows from that tour. The rarest of the rare. But yes, I've heard great things about that show.

plexi

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 16:40

Irix
S.T.P

I wonder why they have at least two different ways to release new unreleased live material. Sometimes it "From The Vault" and others just "live".

Maybe the "Live" was already released in any form (e.g. PPV) while "From The Vault" is released for the first time ....

I think it is random. Hampton 81 for example was a PPV and released as VAULT while Buenos Aires 81 was completely unseen and unheard and was a normal Live concert. Maybe they got rid of the Vault stamp after San Jose 99?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home