Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - RIP Honor Blackman - Pussy Galore
Date: April 6, 2020 21:37

From natural causes - she was 94

Re: OT - RIP Honor Blackman - Pussy Galore
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 6, 2020 22:03

RIP. 1 of the most memorable Bond girls for sure. There's some great & hilarious dialog in Goldfinger.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 6, 2020 22:58

One of the best Bond women. I can hear now Bond's reply when he awakes on Goldfinger's plane and she introduces herself as Pussy Galore. RIP, Ms Blackman.

Date: April 6, 2020 23:06

She was on the Avengers in the early 60s, too. Always sad but at least this was from old age not the virus.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 6, 2020 23:29

dmay
One of the best Bond women. I can hear now Bond's reply when he awakes on Goldfinger's plane and she introduces herself as Pussy Galore. RIP, Ms Blackman.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 6, 2020 23:39

This is from her final appearance on The Avengers. Note the in-joke, "pussy-footing" references to her upcoming role in Goldfinger. Btw, her Avengers episodes were not shown on American television until the 1990s. Come to think of it, even Diana Rigg's early black and white episodes weren't shown here when they were new. And we only got the color episodes because it was cheaper for the network to lease them from the BBC than it would have been to produce an all new second season of Honey West in color.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 6, 2020 23:42

RIP. I just wonder how did they got away with using that name in 1964? That was ok and Louie Louie was being banned?

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: April 7, 2020 00:30

More Hot Rocks
RIP. I just wonder how did they got away with using that name in 1964? That was ok and Louie Louie was being banned?

It was the 60s (and the name came from Fleming’s 1959 Bond novel anyway) - look at what they got away with in the “Carry On” films.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 7, 2020 01:37

Honor Blackman ------- 1925 - 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: April 7, 2020 02:12

Rockman

Honor Blackman ------- 1925 - 2020

at that stage she would've had those boys for lunch & spit out their bones!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 7, 2020 11:13

KingmanBarstow
More Hot Rocks

It was the 60s (and the name came from Fleming’s 1959 Bond novel anyway) - look at what they got away with in the “Carry On” films.

It was years before I "got" the name, especially because it wasn't a term my peers used. RIP Honor, one of my early idols. Very happy she lived such a long life that touched so many others.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 7, 2020 13:34

Bless her R.I.P.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 7, 2020 14:48

More Hot Rocks

It was a problem, but when Blackman met and talked to Prince Philip and the next day the headlines read 'The Prince and The Pussy", the producers new they were safe, because if even a real British prince didn't mind and the name was all over the newspapers...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-07 14:50 by GJV.

Date: April 7, 2020 15:23

RIP a beautiful star. Another tragic addition to the "94 club"*

*Private Eye magazine's version of the "27 club" (cont'd p94)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home