Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 100 Years Ago
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2020 23:30

Hairball
exhpart
exhpart
I will be 104 yes I will definitely be alive and I will go to the Hologram gig as well!

And Ronnie's hologram solo will still not be up to Taylor's hologram solo!

I'll be a ripe and sprightly 99 yrs. old jumping and shouting and still whining about the ticket prices and setlist!
As long as they play Midnight Rambler, it's all good.

I'll be a few years older and still listing *Vegas'16 as one of my faves cool smiley

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: April 8, 2020 00:40

The lyrics to this song are exceptional. Consider them with the juxtaposition of how the music changes into the "contemporary funk". Before and after, etc.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: April 8, 2020 10:01

TravelinMan
lem motlow
StonedAsiaExile
lem motlow
Maybe Keith will do a small club gig to remember all of us and the band.
Seriously, I still maintain that album is a masterpiece, the feeling you get listening to those songs.
Winter, Coming Down Again, 100 years ago,it just takes you somewhere.there is no other album quite like it.

Ot tis a great record. Coming Down Again is my second fave Keith song just after You Got The Silver.

‘I stuck my tongue in someone else’s pie.’ What a line!!!

Yes, and a very crafty one, he’s talking about screwing producer Jimmy Miller’s wife, which he most definitely did.
When I tell people the Keith I grew up idolizing was a dirtbag they actually think I’m insulting him. Sorry but back then words like morality didn’t come up much and if they did.. well it was kinda graded on a curve.

Not to get off track, but where did you hear that?

I always thought it was about stealing Anita from Brian.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 10, 2020 03:10

I sleays liked this.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2020 03:17

Arrrrr there you are Hoppeeeeee
Good ta see ya still hangin around .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 10, 2020 09:32

StonedAsiaExile
TravelinMan
lem motlow
StonedAsiaExile
lem motlow
Seriously, I still maintain that album is a masterpiece, the feeling you get listening to those songs.
Winter, Coming Down Again, 100 years ago,it just takes you somewhere.there is no other album quite like it.

Ot tis a great record. Coming Down Again is my second fave Keith song just after You Got The Silver.

Yes, and a very crafty one, he’s talking about screwing producer Jimmy Miller’s wife, which he most definitely did.
When I tell people the Keith I grew up idolizing was a dirtbag they actually think I’m insulting him. Sorry but back then words like morality didn’t come up much and if they did.. well it was kinda graded on a curve.

Not to get off track, but where did you hear that?

I always thought it was about stealing Anita from Brian.

That” stealing Anita from Brian” thing was some weird obsession of drunk a-hole 80s Keith.
Alcoholic Keith got really weird about Brian for some reason.Read the 1971 rolling stone with KR on the cover,you’ll see how casual the whole thing was,Brian probably had another girl about 10 minutes later and also he was never “ fired “ from the band.
Keith said that Jimmy Miller thing in an interview but it was deleted out of later printings of it.
I’m remembering a long time ago but he says something about “ going through producers like gas in your car, ( something I can’t remember and ) I’m screwing his wife and the whole thing is ridiculous”
They knew the people who interviewed them back then, writers would hang for part of a tour or during recording sessions (not like today’s 15 minute telephone chats with somebody who researched them on Wikipedia for preparation)
I think he might of put the word out -“ drop that for me”

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 10, 2020 12:52

lem motlow

20 years ago Keith did send us a Millennium greating:

"Love to all of you who want another 1000 years. If you hang, I'll hang.
Love, Keith."
So he needs us for that small club gig cool smiley
Agree. Great album!
smileys with beer

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 11, 2020 10:51

Amazingly, out of the blue , Exilestones posted the exact story I was referring to.its in the thread titled “magazine articles”
The Crawdaddy magazine from 75 Barbara Charone piece where she’s with them during the recording of Black and Blue.
I was mistaken though, Keith’s indiscretion was with Andrew Loog Oldhams wife.
He’s talking about Jimmy Miller burning out and leaving when he throws that little aside in there.
It’s a great article everyone should read, hanging out in the studio when Wayne Perkins is there and they’re discussing different players and the pros and cons of maybe using “Faces guitarist Ron Wood “.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 11, 2020 15:37

lem motlow
StonedAsiaExile
lem motlow

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-11 15:38 by Elmo Lewis.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1551
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home