Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: A shout out to Jon Bon Jovi in this time
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 6, 2020 02:24

Outside of Living On A Prayer which I first heard during the "America: A Tribute to Heroes" special televised after 9-11, I know nothing of his music. After reading this article I can only admire the man and his giving back to the community. One can only wish that performers/artists/musicians/others would come together now to raise funds to help supply the folks on the front lines of the corona war with needed equipment, food, shelter, etc., worldwide, as we're all in this together.

[www.dailykos.com]

Re: OT: A shout out to Jon Bon Jovi in this time
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 6, 2020 02:42

The only way I would give a “ shout out “ to that Poser is if he gave away every single dollar of his ill gotten gains from the blight his pop rock crap created on the rock and roll landscape and then committed hari kiri Shortly there afterwards.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2020 02:54

.. the guys feeding those in need ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 6, 2020 03:07

As much as I was looking forward to another hilarious JBJ rant from Gazza, Rockeee’s right, this is good stuff. Nice to see and full props to the man.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 03:27

Bon Jovi has been very generous with his money over the years. Not my favorite music but he has written some good music over time.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: April 6, 2020 05:21

lem motlow
The only way I would give a “ shout out “ to that Poser is if he gave away every single dollar of his ill gotten gains from the blight his pop rock crap created on the rock and roll landscape and then committed hari kiri Shortly there afterwards.

Jeeze....who pissed in your morning coffee? I don’t care about his music but the man is doing good work.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 05:32

lem motlow

We’re gonna put you down as a “No”...and an ass.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 6, 2020 05:35

lem motlow - What a foolish reply, I cannot stand his music but he is helping people in need. May I ask what you are doing? I don't know but those who sit and criticize usually do nothing and that is my guess.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2020 06:00

Lem's the sorta dude who woulda
dobbed Robin Hood in to the sheriff
'cause he don't like guys who dress in green ….

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-06 06:34 by Rockman.

Date: April 6, 2020 08:38

Oh for fcks sake, are you people children? It’s a calculation made by celebrities on a daily basis.
Their management team figures out that each dollar given to charity X is worth 10 dollars in positive publicity.
The money is given out and the publicist makes sure the media know about every dollar.
Then the average dupe out there gets all warm and fuzzy about the aforementioned star.
This goes on with every A B C and D list celebrity on the planet.
If it was a truly selfless act no one would ever know about it and I wouldn’t have to see a “shout out” to Bon Jovi on a Stones board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-06 09:24 by lem motlow.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: April 6, 2020 09:36

Lem

I'm no JBJ fan, but if all he wanted was publicity he could just as easily have invited Hello magazine to do a puff piece about how lovely his home is etc. Instead he's doing some good, I love this board but why some people need to spread cynicism and negativity defeats me. Life is way too short.

I'll look forward to seeing some generosity of spirit in your next post.

Bakersfield

Date: April 6, 2020 10:24

bakersfield
Lem

I'm no JBJ fan, but if all he wanted was publicity he could just as easily have invited Hello magazine to do a puff piece about how lovely his home is etc. Instead he's doing some good, I love this board but why some people need to spread cynicism and negativity defeats me. Life is way too short.

I'll look forward to seeing some generosity of spirit in your next post.

Bakersfield

I’m sorry sweetheart, I didn’t mean to say bad things about your hero. Are you o.k.? Do you need a tissue?
I’m gonna blast livin on a prayer out right now in honor of bon jon blowme’s accountants who I’m sure never deduct any of this stuff.
Without looking I’m gonna say he doesn’t have a record/ tour coming up any time soon that he’s hyping and he’s just, you know, out there doing the lords work.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 17:49

lem motlow
Oh for fcks sake, are you people children? It’s a calculation made by celebrities on a daily basis.
Their management team figures out that each dollar given to charity X is worth 10 dollars in positive publicity.
The money is given out and the publicist makes sure the media know about every dollar.
Then the average dupe out there gets all warm and fuzzy about the aforementioned star.
This goes on with every A B C and D list celebrity on the planet.
If it was a truly selfless act no one would ever know about it and I wouldn’t have to see a “shout out” to Bon Jovi on a Stones board.

Perhaps you should contact your publicist.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 6, 2020 19:11

I can't listen to his music either, but as other said, it is still very admirable.

It's also hard to discount Lem's point though, if truly done w/ a good heart, there's no need for us to ever hear about it. Although, thinking about it this way, if it causes others to give too, then I guess there is a point to making it public.

Now I confused myself!

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: April 6, 2020 20:11

Did not know this about JBJ. Nice story for sure.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 6, 2020 21:13

Who cares what his motive is as long as he is helping out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home