Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 23 of 26
Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2023 22:09

Irix
steffialicia

And I thought I had read he had some kind of "routine" heart procedure and was expected to recover.

Keith talked about cancer and Chuck L. about heart surgery, so Keith's 'double whammy' remark could be right - [iorr.org] .

Terribly sad.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 22:31

I'm simply glad, I saw them many times since 1982 and enjoyed their music, their shows, their spirit, the comunity of fans and the inspiration. And I'm gratefull. It seems the day of an end of the Stones is coming closer.
The Stones are a part of my life and will always be.
60 years of the Greatest Rock'n Roll Band in the world! What a gift!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 24, 2023 23:14

micha063
I'm simply glad, I saw them many times since 1982 and enjoyed their music, their shows, their spirit, the comunity of fans and the inspiration. And I'm gratefull. It seems the day of an end of the Stones is coming closer.
The Stones are a part of my life and will always be.
60 years of the Greatest Rock'n Roll Band in the world! What a gift!

Truth. The best of times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 23:17 by steffialicia.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: April 24, 2023 23:26

Don't get me wrong, but I find that people's health, even if they are public figures, is right to remain private, I don't like speculation about health, let's not forget that they too are people who have the right to keep diseases and everything else for themselves. it concerns their privacy.

So best wishes to Mick, Keith and Ronnie and the Stones family, hope to see you again but enjoy your families too.

They have given us over 50 years of music and concerts and who knows maybe we still have more... we will never stop hoping.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 25, 2023 12:17

Testify
Don't get me wrong, but I find that people's health, even if they are public figures, is right to remain private, I don't like speculation about health, let's not forget that they too are people who have the right to keep diseases and everything else for themselves. it concerns their privacy.

So best wishes to Mick, Keith and Ronnie and the Stones family, hope to see you again but enjoy your families too.

They have given us over 50 years of music and concerts and who knows maybe we still have more... we will never stop hoping.

At this stage any discussion regarding the future of the band is going to cross over with the health of band members, bearing in mind the tour was allegedly going ahead until one of the Stones allegedly failed a medical.

Without closure from the Stones it's natural concerned posters will discuss the possible reasons.

But yeah obviously best wishes to all the Stones and their families, I'm sure everyone hopes they can muster one last tour effort and go out with a bang.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 25, 2023 12:33

There is a band that has no original member and continues: Lynyrd Skynyrd. Remarkable is that the characteristic sound is the same over the years. After ten seconds you recognize them as Lynyrd Skynyrd. They managed to endure as band without losing their identity. But this is also the problem for the Rolling Stones. Can they preserve their identity when Keith and/or Mick are no longer on board? My guess is: no.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 25, 2023 12:55

RobertJohnson

There is a band that has no original member and continues:

Another band which continues w/o original members (but with their original sound) is Tangerine Dream.

Date: April 25, 2023 13:05

RobertJohnson

Rolling Stones. Can they preserve their identity when Keith and/or Mick are no longer on board?

Mick & Keith are irreplaceable. No Stones without them.

As Charlie said in 2018: "I think if Mick or Keith retired then it would be. But they could get another drummer, another guitar player. If Darryl didn’t want to do it anymore we’d have a nightmare finding another bass player but Mick and Keith would or could carry on. If Mick said ‘I’m retiring’ I don’t know how we’d do a show without him, or Keith." - [www.NME.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-25 13:10 by Irix.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 25, 2023 16:00

Both Mick and Keith have done concerts without eachother. Definitely NOT Rolling Stones!

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: April 25, 2023 16:50

"Mick Jagger & his spare band" - live Stones-tracks with U2 in 2009, the White House performance in 2012 or with Foo Fighters & Arcade Fire also in 2012 (SNL) - [www.Facebook.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-25 16:55 by Irix.

Date: April 25, 2023 18:01

Irix
"Mick Jagger & his spare band" - live Stones-tracks with U2 in 2009, the White House performance in 2012 or with Foo Fighters & Arcade Fire also in 2012 (SNL) - [www.Facebook.com] .

Interesting to hear and see how Mick Jagger (or the Stones for that matter) inspires a next generation of musicians.smiling smiley

Date: May 3, 2023 22:10

The Stones and their future ??

The way i see it Keith and Ronnie have shown recently they are match fit, let's face it if Mick wants to go on the road Keith and Ronnie will never say no unless they physically couldn't / can't.

So it becomes puzzling now so early in the year we got the news , NO TOUR THIS YEAR. The excuse given that the Stadiums are booked up for the NFL season.

Even if it were true the Stones can't squeeze in a dozen or so shows in Stadiums this Autumn in the States does that mean they can't tour in other venues anywhere in the world this year.

I don't buy that for one minute, yeah Mick allegedly has/had a ankle injury but that would have plenty of time to heal by the Autumn even if he broke it.

I really think that's it guys, i don't think Mick can do it again or doesn't want to for whatever reason, it's the only logical conclusion.

No complaints from me, they've given more than any of us could possibly ask for, even if the new album never materialises we have so many others to play.

Obviously i hope I'm wrong about this but why would they leave it another year with all the problems Ronnie has had, i just don't think the Stones will ever announce their retirement, it's not them.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 3, 2023 22:28

I really wonder if it's more about ticket prices and how much the promoters are willing to give the Stones?
With so many big and smaller acts back on the road this year maybe the Stones aren't getting the payday they were counting on.
So, saying they can't tour, this may push their value higher with the promoters?

Date: May 4, 2023 00:12

New album coming later this year and a tour next year.

The future looks pretty bright to me.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 4, 2023 12:38

georgemcdonnell314
New album coming later this year and a tour next year.

The future looks pretty bright to me.

I second that. Just have to be patient & wait. Tho would had been nice tour if not cancelled. Hope they are rescheduling now for next summer the same dates.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 4, 2023 15:42

keefriffhards

The way i see it Keith and Ronnie have shown recently they are match fit, let's face it if Mick wants to go on the road Keith and Ronnie will never say no unless they physically couldn't / can't.

So it becomes puzzling now so early in the year we got the news , NO TOUR THIS YEAR. The excuse given that the Stadiums are booked up for the NFL season.

Even if it were true the Stones can't squeeze in a dozen or so shows in Stadiums this Autumn in the States does that mean they can't tour in other venues anywhere in the world this year.

I don't buy that for one minute, yeah Mick allegedly has/had a ankle injury but that would have plenty of time to heal by the Autumn even if he broke it.

I really think that's it guys, i don't think Mick can do it again or doesn't want to for whatever reason, it's the only logical conclusion.

No complaints from me, they've given more than any of us could possibly ask for, even if the new album never materialises we have so many others to play.

Obviously i hope I'm wrong about this but why would they leave it another year with all the problems Ronnie has had, i just don't think the Stones will ever announce their retirement, it's not them.

There is always this possibility of course, for sure. I don't know if it's a very slight possibility or a great possibility, but regardless - it is a possibility of some description.

I must admit, I've always thought there was something a bit odd about the way the announcement that there was to be no tour this year suddenly appeared like a thunderbolt out of the blue. Especially a matter of days before an official tour announcement was supposedly due to be made ! It struck me as a bit strange back then, and I'm still of that opinion now a few weeks later ...

So f**k knows !

It would be nice to see them again, but if it's not to be, what a ride it was !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 4, 2023 15:52

paulywaul
keefriffhards

There is always this possibility of course, for sure. I don't know if it's a very slight possibility or a great possibility, but regardless - it is a possibility of some description.

I must admit, I've always thought there was something a bit odd about the way the announcement that there was to be no tour this year suddenly appeared like a thunderbolt out of the blue. Especially a matter of days before an official tour announcement was supposedly due to be made ! It struck me as a bit strange back then, and I'm still of that opinion now a few weeks later ...

So f**k knows !

I mean, in the space of five days in February starting with the 10th, the news was that within the next 18 days or so (i.e. by the end of the month) the tour would be officially announced, and 4 shows were duly listed on IORR (dates/venues/crowd capacities). And a mere five days later - BOOM ! No tour in 2023.

Does that sequence of events not strike some people as being a bit odd ? It does me ...

Date: May 4, 2023 15:55

Maybe they're gonna surprise the hell out of us by doing a week-long residency at the Royal Albert Hall in London in 2024 ? What a swansong that would be ?

Year right ! Dream on ... !

Date: May 4, 2023 16:05

paulywaul

Does that sequence of events not strike some people as being a bit odd ?

If it was a sudden injury as rumored - [iorr.org] - then actually not, since such things can happen.

Date: May 4, 2023 16:08

Irix
paulywaul

Does that sequence of events not strike some people as being a bit odd ?

If it was a sudden injury as rumoured - [iorr.org] - then actually not, since such things can happen.

True .... IF !!??

Date: May 4, 2023 16:09

paulywaul
paulywaul
keefriffhards

So f**k knows !

I mean, in the space of five days in February starting with the 10th, the news was that within the next 18 days or so (i.e. by the end of the month) the tour would be officially announced, and 4 shows were duly listed on IORR (dates/venues/crowd capacities). And a mere five days later - BOOM ! No tour in 2023.

Does that sequence of events not strike some people as being a bit odd ? It does me ...

Don't think this was the sequence

It was:

- Rumours about the tour and announcement getting close
- Cancellation of the announcement of the summer tour due injury Mick
- Rumours about a new tour in the fall
- Fall tour not possible, no 2023 tour (While technical other options for touring would be possible, no 2023 tour was stated clearly) due mix of reasons (personel, locations, etc)

For now there is no real reason to doubt the reasons leaked. However we all know from previous events that the Stones don't have a lot of leaks about serious conditions. So it sure might be that other things are in play. However if something more serious was going on it would have made zero sense to investigate an Autumn tour.

For me I think this could be the end. In the last 4 years we had some very serious events which impacted tours. Mick's heart, Ronnies Lungs, Micks foot and ofcourse Charlie. There are at an age where things are happening. If I think about all this what has happened, combined with the Covid situation, it is an absolute miracle we saw (great) tours in 2019, 2021 and 2022.

Time will tell. But we sure had a good run so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-04 16:15 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Date: May 4, 2023 16:28

PaintMonkeyManBlack
paulywaul
paulywaul
keefriffhards

So f**k knows !

Don't think this was the sequence

It was:

- Rumours about the tour and announcement getting close
- Cancellation of the announcement of the summer tour due injury Mick
- Rumours about a new tour in the fall
- Fall tour not possible, no 2023 tour (While technical other options for touring would be possible, no 2023 tour was stated clearly) due mix of reasons (personel, locations, etc)

For now there is no real reason to doubt the reasons leaked. However we all know from previous events that the Stones don't have a lot of leaks about serious conditions. So it sure might be that other things are in play. However if something more serious was going on it would have made zero sense to investigate an Autumn tour.

For me I think this could be the end. In the last 4 years we had some very serious events which impacted tours. Mick's heart, Ronnies Lungs, Micks foot and ofcourse Charlie. There are at an age where things are happening. If I think about all this what has happened, combined with the Covid situation, it is an absolute miracle we saw (great) tours in 2019, 2021 and 2022.

Time will tell. But we sure had a good run so far.

Agree 100% !

Date: May 6, 2023 10:45

paulywaul
paulywaul
keefriffhards

So f**k knows !

Yes it does strike me as odd too, very odd, especially as this is the year the new album comes out, and no valid explanation for no shows, points to it being a personal health issue, but then since the " No Tour " announcement we've seen Keith and Ronnie in good health, leads to one conclusion..

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2023 13:13

you're making all of this up except for having seen Keith and Ronnie. You've also seen Mick but that doesn't count.

Date: May 6, 2023 13:45

Nikkei
you're making all of this up except for having seen Keith and Ronnie. You've also seen Mick but that doesn't count.

Are you OK?

Not like you to make such a provocative blanket statement Nikkei.

We haven't seen if Mick can do his gig, we haven't seen him running and jumping etc for 2 hours. .
Grow up man, there was going to be a time when Mick can't do this, or a time he doesn't want to, it takes a hell of a lot of strain on an old body to maintain the level of fitness that Mick believes is acceptable for paying customers.
If this is it, no tour, I'm cool with that, it's understandable at his age.
He wants to give the full moves like Jagger experience and maybe he can't at this stage.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: May 6, 2023 14:30

RobertJohnson
There is a band that has no original member and continues: Lynyrd Skynyrd. Remarkable is that the characteristic sound is the same over the years. After ten seconds you recognize them as Lynyrd Skynyrd. They managed to endure as band without losing their identity. But this is also the problem for the Rolling Stones. Can they preserve their identity when Keith and/or Mick are no longer on board? My guess is: no.

Definitly not. Mick and Keith are the essential part of the whole thing.
And again: I'm so glad I saw them last year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-06 14:44 by micha063.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 6, 2023 14:39

I love Skynyrd..but just about any talented and well rehearsed hairy guitar player could assimilate seamlessly into that band.

Both Mick and Keith are far too unique in their sound and delivery to be replicated or replaced with any credibility.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2023 14:52

keefriffhards

Yes it does strike me as odd too, very odd, especially as this is the year the new album comes out, and no valid explanation for no shows, points to it being a personal health issue, but then since the " No Tour " announcement we've seen Keith and Ronnie in good health, leads to one conclusion..

Nice of you to ask if I'm okay

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 7, 2023 06:42

keefriffhards
paulywaul
paulywaul
keefriffhards

So f**k knows !

.. that they couldn't line venues up.

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: May 7, 2023 08:07

THE ROLLING STONES last was 2019. In 2022, it was good. But not like 2012 to 2019. Post Charlie's demise, there performance has declined a bit. In 2022, specially Mick Jagger he was not that athletic compared to 2019. Even his vocals were weak.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 23 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home