Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26
Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 23, 2023 18:01

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
NashvilleBlues
I'm optimistic. They're not done till they say they are.

I think they are saying they're done as a touring act, at their ages the odds of them all being fit enough to tour next year stack up against them.
They haven't actually said they will tour again officially have they, we get rumours from insiders to keep interest going here.
Mick allegedly couldn't perform this summer because of an ankle injury, Ronnie has had challenges that could return as we all know, Keith seems content to spend the remainder of his life in private.

I think if we do see them live it's possible as individuals they will perform one off shows from time to time with other musicians for charity or tribute shows, guest appearances etc, unfortunately the chances of all three of them being fit at the same time for future tours next year and beyond are highly unlikely.

If they really wanted to tour this year they wouldn't need to play in NFL stadiums, they could do 6 nights at the Royal Albert Hall and 6 nights in Vegas, there are countless places all over the world they could play to promote the new album, just saying.

you raise some valid points put i think there's probably a better chance then naught that they'll perform again as a band and likely tour

mick doesn't strike me as someone whose gonna let himself get out of shape whether or not he's 80 or going on tour

physical fitness seems to be a point of personal pride for him i don't see that changing in a year

we all know ronnie's hopefully no longer recurrent health issues but he did just perform a whole show and has yet another live appearance coming up soon so he seems to be in alright shape at the moment and he still desires to be out there performing

i used to think around 2017 2018 that keith was on his last legs but then he quit drinking and smoking and wow was he great last summer

so it would seem he's trying to take better care of himself now and that gives me hope that he still wants to be out there and will put effort into keeping himself in good shape

i know there very old and that at there age a year is a long time but i think it's not incredibly unlikely they'll never perform or tour again

that and the "patience please" message from them seems to signal they've got something more up there sleeves

I hear what you're saying, especially concerning Keith's improvement last yesr, and where there's life there's hope, but this was the year if there was going to be one last tour. At their ages, and especially concerning Keith ( who gets rusty ) another inactive year would produce a Keith sound I'm not sure I'd want to hear, he desperately needs to be playing every year to keep the momentum going.

But I don't think the issue is with Ronnie or Keith, i remember a radio interview with Mick a few years ago, the interviewer said to Mick would you continue if you had hip trouble or something like that and he instantly snapped back at her in a matter of fact way that it would be time to pack it up when that happens.
I don't think Mick is interested in not being able to give the full moves like Jagger experience, if he is having physical problems now that are lingering, that might be it as far as touring goes for the Stones.

Not only that, i thought Mick was struggling last year, if you remember he had a knockback with covid and although he bounced back it took it's toll, he was seen breathless and wanting at times, i got the impression 2022 was an uphill struggle for Mick and Ronnie, Keith in contrast was enjoying his sobriety and it gave him a much needed boost.

Hope I'm wrong but i think it's over now, they will never make it official, that's not their way.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 23, 2023 18:23

A very good post, keefrihards.

Regarding ‘the end’ Like you, I, too, do not think they’ll ever announce retirement or a disbandment. Instead, I suspect they’ll quietly just stop. That’s be an appropriate and dignified way to go. Allowing a glimmer of light, will mean their presence can still be there. They can continue to tease us about mysterious new studio-albums!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 23, 2023 18:52

I think they will tour again, at least one more time, anyway.
Mick is in shape, and healed, presumably. Ronnie seems over his health issues. Keith lives for playing on stage, or has, most of his life, and Steve is still young.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 23, 2023 20:48

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
NashvilleBlues

I think they are saying they're done as a touring act, at their ages the odds of them all being fit enough to tour next year stack up against them.
They haven't actually said they will tour again officially have they, we get rumours from insiders to keep interest going here.
Mick allegedly couldn't perform this summer because of an ankle injury, Ronnie has had challenges that could return as we all know, Keith seems content to spend the remainder of his life in private.

I think if we do see them live it's possible as individuals they will perform one off shows from time to time with other musicians for charity or tribute shows, guest appearances etc, unfortunately the chances of all three of them being fit at the same time for future tours next year and beyond are highly unlikely.

If they really wanted to tour this year they wouldn't need to play in NFL stadiums, they could do 6 nights at the Royal Albert Hall and 6 nights in Vegas, there are countless places all over the world they could play to promote the new album, just saying.

you raise some valid points put i think there's probably a better chance then naught that they'll perform again as a band and likely tour

mick doesn't strike me as someone whose gonna let himself get out of shape whether or not he's 80 or going on tour

physical fitness seems to be a point of personal pride for him i don't see that changing in a year

we all know ronnie's hopefully no longer recurrent health issues but he did just perform a whole show and has yet another live appearance coming up soon so he seems to be in alright shape at the moment and he still desires to be out there performing

i used to think around 2017 2018 that keith was on his last legs but then he quit drinking and smoking and wow was he great last summer

so it would seem he's trying to take better care of himself now and that gives me hope that he still wants to be out there and will put effort into keeping himself in good shape

i know there very old and that at there age a year is a long time but i think it's not incredibly unlikely they'll never perform or tour again

that and the "patience please" message from them seems to signal they've got something more up there sleeves

I hear what you're saying, especially concerning Keith's improvement last yesr, and where there's life there's hope, but this was the year if there was going to be one last tour. At their ages, and especially concerning Keith ( who gets rusty ) another inactive year would produce a Keith sound I'm not sure I'd want to hear, he desperately needs to be playing every year to keep the momentum going.

But I don't think the issue is with Ronnie or Keith, i remember a radio interview with Mick a few years ago, the interviewer said to Mick would you continue if you had hip trouble or something like that and he instantly snapped back at her in a matter of fact way that it would be time to pack it up when that happens.
I don't think Mick is interested in not being able to give the full moves like Jagger experience, if he is having physical problems now that are lingering, that might be it as far as touring goes for the Stones.

Not only that, i thought Mick was struggling last year, if you remember he had a knockback with covid and although he bounced back it took it's toll, he was seen breathless and wanting at times, i got the impression 2022 was an uphill struggle for Mick and Ronnie, Keith in contrast was enjoying his sobriety and it gave him a much needed boost.

Hope I'm wrong but i think it's over now, they will never make it official, that's not their way.

A bit reading too much in what "Mick said in 1985, Keith said in 1979" - yesterday's papers, but this is now, and now they say: "Patience please!".

By all accounts the new album is ready, and we'll see what the future brings.
IT'S NOT OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER!

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 21:25

angee
Mick is in shape, and healed, presumably. Ronnie seems over his health issues. Keith lives for playing on stage, or has, most of his life, and Steve is still young.

Well said! And let's keep the faith!
I'm pretty sure we will see them again on stage.
Maybe sooner than we think...

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: April 23, 2023 21:25

angee

Well said! And let's keep the faith!
I'm pretty sure we will see them again on stage.
Maybe sooner than we think...

Posted by: opj ()
Date: April 23, 2023 21:48

I hope there Will be a New album in june.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2023 21:51

....Keef The Faith ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 23, 2023 22:09

Their future started in 1962 and is still going.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2023 23:01

Hey Yeah ... I like that Moree Hot rocks ......

BEWARE of the Neg Boys ..... theyre every where ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 23, 2023 23:39

If they're healthy they will tour again.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 24, 2023 04:34

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
NashvilleBlues

once again good points

but keep in mind no one has officially stated mick was the injured one or technically if anyone was actually injured to begin with

and i agree he won't perform if he's unable to with a certain level of physicality

as for his his performance last year except for lyon (on the surface of the sunwinking smiley) i don't think i noticed any struggling or decline

but if you did might i suggest that he perhaps rushed a little to fast to get back onstage after his bout with covid

and keith well....

he just glowed onstage it was enough to bring a tear to your eye

i think your right though he needs to be out there playing doing something to stay in shape

it concerns me a little that he's not involved with willie nelson's 90th birthday celebrations since it seems like exactly the kind of thing he'd enjoy doing

hopefully he'll get out there and do stuff

maybe but the winos together for a couple shows last year was great they need to expand on that little reunion they had

or if ronnie and rod make good on that faces album and shows (they got some time now) bring keith along

the faces of new barbarians anyone?winking smiley

but as they said

patience please...

keef the faith

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 04:54 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2023 04:52

opj

Same here, but probably won't be until 2024 or 2025 or even later...I believe it was mpj200 who said no decisions made, but it could be held back until next Spring.
No biggie, after 18 years without a new album of originals, I'm in for the long haul...holding out hope against the odds. Just hoping it happens some time within the next decade!
Meanwhile, they could release a single some time before next Spring to stay relevant and keep the eager fans happy ....they gotta keep on rolling in to the future, and a new single could help blaze the trail....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 04:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 24, 2023 05:12

Hairball
opj

Same here, but probably won't be until 2024 or 2025 or even later...I believe it was mpj200 who said no decisions made, but it could be held back until next Spring.
No biggie, after 18 years without a new album of originals, I'm in for the long haul...holding out hope against the odds. Just hoping it happens some time within the next decade!
Meanwhile, they could release a single some time before next Spring to stay relevant and keep the eager fans happy ....they gotta keep on rolling in to the future, and a new single could help blaze the trail....

Interesting thoughts here, thanks for that. And yeah, decisions haven't been made yet, that's why we really appreciate your input. Will ring Keith tomorrow anyway and take the chance to discuss the options you're giving us. A single, staying relevant, keeping fans happy, gotta keep rolling into the future, new single could help and all that... wonder why we haven't thought about all that ourselves so far.

Again, thanks for your input, really appreciated!

All the best,
Mick

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2023 06:12

retired_dog
Hairball
opj

Interesting thoughts here, thanks for that. And yeah, decisions haven't been made yet, that's why we really appreciate your input. Will ring Keith tomorrow anyway and take the chance to discuss the options you're giving us. A single, staying relevant, keeping fans happy, gotta keep rolling into the future, new single could help and all that... wonder why we haven't thought about all that ourselves so far.

Again, thanks for your input, really appreciated!

All the best,
Mick

That's actually funny, considering they haven't done anything since Living In A Ghost Town (roughly four years ago now) in terms of being "relevant".

Unless you're Drake or whoever, being "relevant" means about 3 weeks on whatever. Certainly The Stones have enough material to release a single every 3 months.

But they don't. It's not that important.

Date: April 24, 2023 10:09

ProfessorWolf

It did cross my mind it was Keith, he's been very quiet and has lost weight, not always a good sign at his age, Agreed it's strange he's not participating for Willie Nelsons 90th. Keith the faith.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 24, 2023 11:13

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf

It did cross my mind it was Keith, he's been very quiet and has lost weight, not always a good sign at his age, Agreed it's strange he's not participating for Willie Nelsons 90th. Keith the faith.

I heard that he would be at the Willie Nelson 90th - even though he is not on the current "so far" list.

It was not Keith or Ronnie who had the issue earlier this year, causing the tour to be postponsed and then cancelled.

Date: April 24, 2023 12:36

thecitadel
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf

I heard that he would be at the Willie Nelson 90th - even though he is not on the current "so far" list.

It was not Keith or Ronnie who had the issue earlier this year, causing the tour to be postponsed and then cancelled.

That's good to know, i don't want people to take it the wrong way but rather it be a physical injury to Mick than something more sinister with Keith or Ronnie, let's hope Keith shows up and plays at the birthday bash.

Anyway it's all speculation from so called insiders, personally i don't understand this new secrecy surrounding anything Rolling Stones, this is why you have to draw your own conclusions and read between the lines, for all we know it could be a problem from Mick s heart disease.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 24, 2023 14:35

keefriffhards
thecitadel
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf

That's good to know, i don't want people to take it the wrong way but rather it be a physical injury to Mick than something more sinister with Keith or Ronnie, let's hope Keith shows up and plays at the birthday bash.

Anyway it's all speculation from so called insiders, personally i don't understand this new secrecy surrounding anything Rolling Stones, this is why you have to draw your own conclusions and read between the lines, for all we know it could be a problem from Mick s heart disease.

They maintain a very tight web around them. We still do not know the reason for Charlie's passing. If they don't want something to get out, it won't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-24 14:39 by steffialicia.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 15:14

steffialicia
keefriffhards
thecitadel
keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf

They maintain a very tight web around them. We still do not know the reason for Charlie's passing. If they don't want something to get out, it won't.

I thought I'd read somewhere that it was intimated to be complications from a surgery related to cancer. Am I imagining that? He'd had it removed, but then caught something - either COVID or the flu or pneumonia - and in his weakened immune's state, it was too much. Am I delirious?!? I swear I read that in some article somewhere many months afterward. Not sure if it was someone in the band, an extended band member, or who exactly had said this.

Date: April 24, 2023 16:27

I remember Keith saying Charlie had another cancer, called it a double whammy and said complications from that caused his death so you sound right to me VoodooLounge13.

Date: April 24, 2023 17:45

Phew - I know I'm getting on in years, but didn't think my memory had quite failed me just yet! LOL Thanks Keef!!!

Date: April 24, 2023 18:39

VoodooLounge13
Phew - I know I'm getting on in years, but didn't think my memory had quite failed me just yet! LOL Thanks Keef!!!

And I thought I had read he had some kind of "routine" heart procedure and was expected to recover.

Date: April 24, 2023 18:52

Am nearly positive it was cancer of some sort, as it was written somewhere that he was in the same place that Ronnie had been for his treatment

Date: April 24, 2023 19:07

VoodooLounge13
Am nearly positive it was cancer of some sort, as it was written somewhere that he was in the same place that Ronnie had been for his treatment

I completely respect the desire to maintain their privacy. I just hope and pray for the best for all.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2023 19:15

VoodooLounge13

That's basically what Ronnie indicated. But just looking at Charlie in 2019 he seemed quite thin. It's not exactly a surprise. It happened to my wife.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 24, 2023 19:35

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

That's basically what Ronnie indicated. But just looking at Charlie in 2019 he seemed quite thin. It's not exactly a surprise. It happened to my wife.

I think Charlie passed away at the Royal Marsden Hospital, in Chelsea, London.

Sorry to read that, GasLightStreet.

Date: April 24, 2023 21:22

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

He did look a little thinner then. The video performance that they did during COVID was where I thought he looked tired. Sorry about your wife, GLS. I cannot even begin to imagine that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-25 01:21 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 24, 2023 21:45

VoodooLounge13

He did look a little thinner then. The video performance that they did during COVID was where I thought he looked tired.

Charlie (2020) looks thin, but better in the third picture - [ForeverHoundsTrust.org] .

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 24, 2023 21:55

steffialicia

And I thought I had read he had some kind of "routine" heart procedure and was expected to recover.

Keith talked about cancer and Chuck L. about heart surgery, so Keith's 'double whammy' remark could be right - [iorr.org] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526Next
Current Page: 22 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home