Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 26
Re: Predictions
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 18:14

"The First 60 Years" (David Dalton)

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 15, 2021 18:30

My predictions are:NA Tour in the fall, new studio album and European Tour in May/June 2022 and a final Tour (Europe again or NA Cities like 2019 No filter Tour)in spring 2023 with possible Final gigs in London

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2021 19:05

Irix
mailexile67

We'll get a new last studio album next year?!

Better a new last studio album than a umpteenth (boring) compilation next year for the 60th anniversary .... winking smiley

But think of the NEW photos another compilation will have! And that maybe this time they'll name it right and call it SIXTY LICKS. Keith had FIFTY LICKS on his shoes in 2012 but that one had the worst compilation name and album cover ever.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 15, 2021 19:09

2021: Fall US Tour
2022: 60th Anniversary Tour UK & Europe + new greatest hits album
2023: New album + American Tour
2024: A 19-year-old model gives birth to Mick's 9th child + Latin American tour

Date: June 15, 2021 20:41

1. Mick returns to working on the second part of CROSSFIRE HURRICANE, now to be called YOU GOT ME ROCKING, but is miffed when he reviews the end of the first movie and finds that someone spliced footage from LIVE AT THE MAX into the 1981 live version of Miss You.

Then he gets livid when he listens to All Down The Line from SHINE A LIGHT for the first time ever and finds out that there are two versions of that live album. He demands the removal of the album from streaming services, all hard copies of the album and movie returned and refunded, and the movie destroyed.

Faced with concern that no one will want to bother to watch the new doc he basically does an expanded VIDEO REWIND, with VR in its entirety, plus the family friendly (and hilarious) video of Undercover Of The Night, and every video released since 1983.

Pleased with the results, he renames it PLAY LOUD and orders UMe to release its soundtrack, with a blend of REWIND and JUMP BACK's covers.

2. The Stones get together and finish the new album and start work on another album. Keith finds out that all Mick does with his 40 new songs a day writing is plays jazz chords on a piano and goes "Ohhhh woooo baby" in falsetto. Retaliating as only he can, Keith overdubs guitar tracks all in the key of A with pedestrian blues playing.

Charlie finally draws a line and recording of the new album is cancelled.

3. The Stones tour NA and EU at the same time in 2022 so that they can play the biggest outdoor stadiums as much as possible in the shortest time possible. Playing 1 song from the new album they do one show in NA, then fly to EU, play 4 days later, then fly to NA 4 days later etc.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 15, 2021 21:45

i’m in.

Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2021 21:59

One day it will rain ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 16, 2021 16:39

GasLightStreet
Irix
mailexile67

Better a new last studio album than a umpteenth (boring) compilation next year for the 60th anniversary .... winking smiley

But think of the NEW photos another compilation will have! And that maybe this time they'll name it right and call it SIXTY LICKS. Keith had FIFTY LICKS on his shoes in 2012 but that one had the worst compilation name and album cover ever.

It makes me angry when I hear you say that. GRRR!

Date: June 17, 2021 07:12

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Irix
mailexile67

Ok. Sorry.

How about... I know! So original! SIXTY AND COUNTING!

Perhaps the last LP will be called, uh... you know what - nevermind. It's an awful idea perpetuated, not in regard to the album but them touring until 98 years old, by some people here.

Date: June 17, 2021 07:51

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Irix
mailexile67

Ok. Sorry.

Perhaps the last LP will be called, uh... you know what - nevermind. It's an awful idea perpetuated, not in regard to the album but them touring until 98 years old, by some people here.

The expanded GRRR deluxe had 80 cuts. Perhaps that was coded messaging and will be the new release in 21 years - and as they won't release any new material in that time, it can stand as a re-release same tracks intact.

Date: June 18, 2021 07:39

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Irix
mailexile67

Ok. Sorry.

The expanded GRRR deluxe had 80 cuts. Perhaps that was coded messaging and will be the new release in 21 years - and as they won't release any new material in that time, it can stand as a re-release same tracks intact.

So it would be 80 AND COUNTING then? With no new tracks, of course. I mean, you know, why bother.

Date: June 19, 2021 04:44

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Irix
mailexile67

Ok. Sorry.

So it would be 80 AND COUNTING then? With no new tracks, of course. I mean, you know, why bother.

No there'd be two new tracks...they drop Doom and Gloom and the other one.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 19, 2021 11:36

...what about yesterday ?????? ,

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 19, 2021 16:03

I’m going to predict an all reggae album to try and induce a thread merge.

Date: June 19, 2021 16:22

Rockman
...what about yesterday ?????? ,

well...tomorrow never knows!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 19, 2021 18:05

In those well known words: " I was so much older then, I'am younger than that now".

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 19, 2021 19:03

I hope that they can do some sessions all together in the next months finally finishing the new studio album...It would be a nice gift for fans

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 20, 2021 01:10

yesterday's gone.

jb

Date: June 22, 2021 00:32

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Irix
mailexile67

Ok. Sorry.

Maybe it would be called ROARRR with a... another lion for the cover. Or a bird of some kind, call it TWEEET.

Or a cow. MOOO.

Preferably a rock, call it ROLLL.

Drop Streets Of Love, One Hit, RAAHP, YGMR and whatever else that sucks and include Criss Cross, Plundered, No Spare Parts, Scarlet and Living In A Ghost Town - and whatever else is kinda finished for the NEW TRACK. Normal release 60 tracks. Ultimate Deluxe 90 tracks. Supra Deluxe 120 tracks.

Then there's THE SKYWALKER SAGA - it would have every single version of all songs released - LP/single versions, edits, remixes, "remixes" and live. Yet they somehow leave off (If I Was A Dancer) Dance Pt. 2, Through The Lonely Nights, So Young and Everything Is Turning To Gold.

Or something like that.

Date: June 22, 2021 00:34

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
Irix
mailexile67

Ok. Sorry.

Maybe it would be called ROARRR with a... another lion for the cover. Or a bird of some kind, call it TWEEET.

Or a cow. MOOO.

Preferably a rock, call it ROLLL.

Drop Streets Of Love, One Hit, RAAHP, YGMR and whatever else that sucks and include Criss Cross, Plundered, No Spare Parts, Scarlet and Living In A Ghost Town - and whatever else is kinda finished for the NEW TRACK. Normal release 60 tracks. Ultimate Deluxe 90 tracks. Supra Deluxe 120 tracks.

Then there's THE SKYWALKER SAGA - it would have every single version of all songs released - LP/single versions, edits, remixes, "remixes" and live. Yet they somehow leave off (If I Was A Dancer) Dance Pt. 2, Through The Lonely Nights, So Young and Everything Is Turning To Gold.

Or something like that.

You had me at, "they somehow leave off (If I Was A Dancer) Dance Pt. 2"

Stones done?
Posted by: illyad1960 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 00:44

Its hard for me to see the Stones coming off of any significant lay off. 77-80yo men with significant substance abuse history and physical aliments make the chances of seeing them longer. I hope they tour behind the new music but I am thinking the Berlin bow may the final curtain. Hope not.

Re: Stones done?
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 17, 2023 03:06

(i'm just gonna copy and paste here my post from the tour thread)

i'm an optimist like bv

and i think that they will definitely tour again maybe as soon as the beginning of next year

these are obscenely wealthy men who haven't "needed" to tour for a long time now they want to tour they enjoy it and they seem to want to tour behind the new album they've all worked so hard on for so long losing a beloved comrade along the way

in the meantime the albums done (if the rumours are to be believed) there's no tour this year for the stones

they have a good amount of time to do other things

lots of things could happen in the next couple months that have been put on the back burner for years

ronnie's got time to finish that much talked about faces album and do a couple shows with them

he's already leading the way with his recent show in london and his coming appearance at the jeff beck tribute

mick, keith and steve have been working hard coming up with ideas for the new stones album and with that seemingly being finished all the outtakes and ideas laid to the side maybe used by mick and keith as the catalyst for new solo projects

perhaps keith gets the winos back together for a new album and couple shows in ny

or mick will have time and excess energy to put into deluxe versions of black and blue, emotional rescue or other archival releases that have been much anticipated like knebworth, paris 76, the recently rumored career spanning set of outtakes, or perhaps even the truckloads of unreleased abcko material

my point is all the doom and gloom is unnecessary

let's look at the glass as half full not half empty

yes there very old and there are associated risks that come with being there age

we need to be aware of that and keep our expectations within reason

but there not dead yet

mick, keith and ronnie aren't three half dead geezers slumped over a table drooling into there oatmeal at a nursing home

there active, vibrant and creative people that want to be out there doing these things and if they can they will

there working on it

patience please...

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 03:23

We enjoyed the music and the excitement over decades. The memories are countless. If there will be more in future we are lucky. But if there won't be another tour or another album, I will keep my happy memories and share them. The Rolling Stones are so much more than music. The joy of live, of the very moment, the swinging body, the freedom, the excitement and so much more. All this is part of my happy life. And it won't pass. It lives with us, who are a part of it.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: April 17, 2023 04:04

I think few expected the Stones to continue on touring into their sixties and seventies, so hoping they would go on into their eighties might be a lot to ask. Recently Gene Simmons had to take a break during a KISS concert and I guess finished the show sitting on a chair. Frankly, it just looked sad. I was reminded of the first time Mike Nesmith of the Monkees retired from performing. At the time he was quoted as saying that he didn't want to go on like Frank Sinatra and take extended farewell bows. But when the rubber met the road, even Nesmith couldn't stop and went on touring until the end of his life, even if he too had to sit during shows.

It's tough for anyone to know when to call it a day, especially when it involves doing what you love and what is your life's work. Being the Rolling Stones and touring gives them purpose, and I understand that. As long as they want to keep going and people want to go see them, I hope they'll continue. But at the same time, I also hope they won't try to push themselves past their own limits.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 17, 2023 06:58

My glass is usually half-empty, but who knows? Personally, I think health will dictate. If the touring-phase is truly over - after seeing them eleven times, I’m fine with this - then they should focus on promoting this supposed new record. I’m still not clear on the reasoning for delays.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 12:35

I love the Stones. But I think I'm one of the few who DON'T want to hear or care for a new album by the Stones! Another KR riff, another 'forced' MJ vocals, mediocre lyrics, no Charlie etc etc...All these elements on a new album? No, I pass.

We're blessed with all those magical albums like Sticky Fingers, Exile, Beggars, Some Girls. I'll stay with these golden nuggets.

I prefer albums (live albums, deluxe editions) from the Vault instead of a new album!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: April 17, 2023 13:43

I always was a little afraid of this scenario. But that's the risk when you decide to 'just see where it goes'..

I personally had hoped that they had given a couple of farewell concerts across the globe and then called it a day. But apparently they thought that wasn't the 'rock and roll' way. And of course there is something to be said for that..

But hey, this is the Stones. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be another tour in the near future.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 13:59

ribbelchips
I always was a little afraid of this scenario. But that's the risk when you decide to 'just see where it goes'..

I personally had hoped that they had given a couple of farewell concerts across the globe and then called it a day. But apparently they thought that wasn't the 'rock and roll' way. And of course there is something to be said for that..

But hey, this is the Stones. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be another tour in the near future.

God blese them if we'll never ever see a farewell Show. This would be the worst scenario for me. I would love to see them on stage again but If Berlin was the last show it was a wonderful last show. Much better than the Casino gig the year before. But the chances Berlin was the last show are now higher than for any other show before. It could be real but we'll never know.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 17, 2023 14:00

micha063
We enjoyed the music and the excitement over decades. The memories are countless. If there will be more in future we are lucky. But if there won't be another tour or another album, I will keep my happy memories and share them. The Rolling Stones are so much more than music. The joy of live, of the very moment, the swinging body, the freedom, the excitement and so much more. All this is part of my happy life. And it won't pass. It lives with us, who are a part of it.

Truth

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 17, 2023 14:04

I never saw them doing this past 80, but hope to God I'm wrong.

As it's often been said, just about everything they have done since 2012 has been a bonus.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home