Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 26
Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 3, 2020 20:44

Mick thinks they'll play again and doesn't have any retirement plans.

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: September 7, 2020 19:52

georgie48
MingSubu
loog droog
pftw04

After death of Brian, came the killer guitarist Mick Taylor, who has transformed the STONES to different level.

Methinks the Stones were already at that different level beginning with Jumpin' Jack Flash, then Beggars Banquet and the bulk of Let It Bleed recorded even before Taylor came on board,

I like Mick Taylor, but he was just one facet of the group at a high point.

thumbs up

You mention JJF, but, if I remember correctly, according to Bill Wyman, apart from himself Brian had some original input there. Knowing the band from almost the beginning, I would rather say that they gradually evolved, obviously infected by social movements like FlowerPower, etc and with the arrival of Mick Taylor they made a jump forward ...smileys with beer

Actually BJ also have a little input on Beggars. First of all he is on everysong, and in particular the hammer on chords they later use in Sympathy live versions came from him.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 7, 2020 21:11

Brian Jones is not on every song on BEGGARS:

SFTD: backing vox
No Expectations: steel guitar
Dear Doctor: harmonica
Street Fighting Man: sitar, tamboura
Prodigal Son: harmonica
Stray Cat Blues: mellotron
Child Of The Moon: saxophone

Date: September 7, 2020 21:12

Steen G
georgie48
MingSubu
loog droog
pftw04

After death of Brian, came the killer guitarist Mick Taylor, who has transformed the STONES to different level.

Methinks the Stones were already at that different level beginning with Jumpin' Jack Flash, then Beggars Banquet and the bulk of Let It Bleed recorded even before Taylor came on board,

I like Mick Taylor, but he was just one facet of the group at a high point.

thumbs up

You mention JJF, but, if I remember correctly, according to Bill Wyman, apart from himself Brian had some original input there. Knowing the band from almost the beginning, I would rather say that they gradually evolved, obviously infected by social movements like FlowerPower, etc and with the arrival of Mick Taylor they made a jump forward ...smileys with beer

Actually BJ also have a little input on Beggars. First of all he is on everysong, and in particular the hammer on chords they later use in Sympathy live versions came from him.

He's on seven songs.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 7, 2020 22:35

Most of their future is behind them, but it has a great future.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2020 19:07

longlongwinter
they will tour again and in 2021. Stop being a mouth breather and buying into the media fear spreading! Covid 19 mortality rate is very low, even for old and compromised. Hell, the flu could kill you or a traffic accident or a fall in the shower. Stop living in fear and live life!

Based on facts it seems that you are part of the problem of why things aren't working so well. Any other fake news you want to spread since that seems to be your trollability here?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 22, 2020 19:24

GasLightStreet
longlongwinter
they will tour again and in 2021. Stop being a mouth breather and buying into the media fear spreading! Covid 19 mortality rate is very low, even for old and compromised. Hell, the flu could kill you or a traffic accident or a fall in the shower. Stop living in fear and live life!

Based on facts it seems that you are part of the problem of why things aren't working so well. Any other fake news you want to spread since that seems to be your trollability here?

Couldn't have said it better myself. If those are are so gung-ho on getting things back to normal had actually helped along the way the odds of it happening would be much higher.

Face the fact that the stones may never tour again
Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: September 30, 2020 14:45

Considering the pandemic risks of crowded concerts and the Stones' ages, I think it is well possible they will not tour again. That would leave me personally with some gaps in my live song version collection.

Soundboards wanted for 1989 and later performance: Have You Seen Your Mother Baby (Standing in the Shadow), Mother's Little Helper, Miss Amanda Jones.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Re: Face the fact that the stones may never tour again
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:00

BOBM
Considering the pandemic risks of crowded concerts and the Stones' ages, I think it is well possible they will not tour again. That would leave me personally with some gaps in my live song version collection.

Soundboards wanted for 1989 and later performance: Have You Seen Your Mother Baby (Standing in the Shadow), Mother's Little Helper, Miss Amanda Jones.

I already have (faced the fact that is) ...

They could indeed well be done with live performances. I guess it all depends on the big bad virus, but it ain't lookin' good !! No-one is gettin' any younger, the virus seems to be enjoying itself causing havoc worldwide and not exhibiting any plans to leave humankind in peace anytime soon, and so on & so on ...

We will see ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:05

The Stones may never tour again - but they could still do unique Live-Concerts in Club-Show size from time to time ....

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:11

Is it really a question of 'facing a fact' when speculating possible scenarios to happen or not in future....

But I hear you. There is a rather big possibility there that we will never see them touring again. But I am not ready to reflect yet what that would mean to me personally or to the whole Stones community in general.... still hoping for the best. And we have still good reasons to keep that hope alive.

- Doxa

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:18

Who in the 1960s would believe the Rolling Stones would still be touring in the 2020s? lol

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:25

They may Not tour again but they won't sit and say goodbye either.
I hope they will use their time to MAKE new music. Release updates to
their past albums and even make a COUNTRY ALBUM.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:29

Proudly count me amongst those that won't "Face the fac.. err., speculation.

See ya' in 2021!!

Date: September 30, 2020 15:38

We will see them play live again, but a tour - not sure about that...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:39

i faced that fact during the carter administration but yeah.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:44

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

For that matter, other artists of their age: the Who, Paul, Ringo, Dylan, etc.

Hopefully there will still be recordings and "quarantined" live shows of some fashion, but the day and age of mega tours is probably done.

Hope I'm wrong. If so, see you in 2021!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:44

To be honest, I don't care. I don't want to see another greatest hits tour. If they would arrange their songs in different ways, okay. But all the shows are reduced to a common denominator. No risk, no fun.

They should go to studio making some nice recordings, Blue and Lonesome II, III for example. I would be content with this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-30 16:39 by RobertJohnson.

Date: September 30, 2020 15:45

My mental wellbeing is directly dependent on believing there are more Stones shows in my future.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 30, 2020 15:53

Possibly, we knew it was coming anyway...and Mick said a long time ago "it can't last forever obviously".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 16:06

We have been in the "bonus" since 2012. When I saw the Stones Summer 2019 I was prepared for that to be my last time. 2020 was just going to be a super bonus. Still have my tix, if they ever play the states again, awesome. If they don;t I have a ton of great memories.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: September 30, 2020 16:21

the tour is not cancelled, but postponed.. many of us still got tix i guess smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 16:25

Irix
The Stones may never tour again - but they could still do unique Live-Concerts in Club-Show size from time to time ....

You took the words right out of my mouth ... (who was singing that?).
The one "fact" is that the Rolling Stones are still around. And don't take lightly the other fact ... they are The ROLLING Stones. Only when the Stones have stopped rolling, one can speak of a fact.
2022 ... 2022 ... 2022 ... be patient. cool smiley

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: September 30, 2020 16:36

They will tour in late 2021 and 2022 will be overcrowded with live shows from most artists in full venues. Covid won't be in the main stream media much in 2021 as more and more doctors and scientists come out to confirm its run its course AND is really just a bad bad flu that could and will kill some as does the regular flu every single year (yet zero media comment). Unfortunately it got way too politicized and the sheeple ate up what was dished to them by the media and 'the experts'

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 16:52

longlongwinter
They will tour in late 2021 and 2022 will be overcrowded with live shows from most artists in full venues. Covid won't be in the main stream media much in 2021 as more and more doctors and scientists come out to confirm its run its course AND is really just a bad bad flu that could and will kill some as does the regular flu every single year (yet zero media comment). Unfortunately it got way too politicized and the sheeple ate up what was dished to them by the media and 'the experts'

I like optimists. Consider myself also an optimist. But to correct you ...
The most severe post-WW2 flu (influenza) was in 2017/2018. According to official reports it killed around 65000 Americans over a period of ONE year. Covid-19 (a corona virus, not a flu virus!) so far killed 205000 Americans in HALF a year. And "the party" still hasn't finished. I'm sure (not guessing) that the Rolling Stones don't want to be marked at this stage of their amazingly long career as irresponsible, don't give a sh*t, rock and rollers. But ... let's be optimistic!smileys with beer

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 16:54

Yep, and Hurricanes are just thunderstorms.
Speaking of sheeple......ignore facts and blindly follow a reality tv star.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 30, 2020 17:15

With all the mega Cruise liners being scrapped, WHAT will the World’s Most Expensive Cruise Ship Bar Band play on?

Honestly, I love them. LOVE them. But the stage shows have just been a really REALLY good cover band nowadays, for a decade and a half, no new material. It’s a shame.

I wanted a new album of new originals and The Stones to tour behind it, playing some new originals.

Not going to happen now. Some small closed club shows? I’d be up for that, but again, with some new stuff please.

Been reading a lot these days. Including a heap of Stones related stuff. Jagger was saying back in ‘75 that he had to play new stuff, he couldn’t just look backwards. THAT changed when the $s started flowing. And people say they don’t do it for the money...

I’m having a bad day...

Rod

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 30, 2020 18:17

longlongwinter

When looking for advice on issues of science ask a scientist and not a doctor. A real one. This is coming from someone who has no scientific knowledge and no personal experience. From someone who has had it it is not the flu. Take my word on that not someone with an ulterior political moment.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 30, 2020 18:21

LOL, you speak as if you are a scientist yourself.

Anyway, I have no interest in a tour whatsoever. I would love another studio album (or two) in the next few years!

** edit ... just googled "what do scientists say about covid-19" and first result is an article pretty much saying we acted to quickly/harshly without enough facts, for shutting everything down:
[www.statnews.com]

So there are different opinions of how it is handled, please stop turning that into a venomous attack on those that don't see it your way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-30 18:29 by LeonidP.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 30, 2020 18:21

longlongwinter

This will be a long long winter for us with people like you.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home