Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 26
Re: Enough Now! Dear Mick and Keith....
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 8, 2020 03:08

Chacho
They can't get back on the road. We are in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.

Yes, they could do a "Tatoo You" type album.

In my opinion their song writing days are over with; judging from what they have released since "Steel Wheels". That's why they should stick to a "Tatoo You" type album.

Either that, or let "Blue and Lonesome" be their final album.

Just no. Theres a world of difference between putting vocal overdubs on songs that are 3-4 years old and putting them on songs that are 3-4 decades old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-08 14:56 by Gazza.

Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 8, 2020 21:46

Mick Jagger cannot SIT STILL for long! I agree with Bjornulf, the Stones will figure out a way to remain relevant. I'm sure Mick is planning something now..not sure what that might be but simply fading away is not their style. Obviously they've been working on new material, even though as Mick admitted, " Ghost Town" was written a couple of years ago...they've got material in the can...the question is when will they finish things up on the best stuff in the can? How much work do these bits of songs need to be ready for release? How can they all physically get together to work on them or will that even be necessary? Is Mick the only one who really cares? They've been promising an album of new material for a LONG TIME now..but the touring issue is a NON-ISSUE..it is not a possibility and won't be until this virus is under control and a vaccine is available...and I agree with whoever said the United States is full of STUPID PEOPLE! I see them every single day...the YAHOOS who brag about not wearing a mask and actually yell at those of us who tell them to put a mask on! The USA is full of dumb asses who pride themselves at being MACHO...they're NOT MACHO, they are just ignorant and these are the fools who are spreading the virus, keeping it alive. In the New England states where I live, it is more under control because our Governors have been working it every single day, putting very strict measures in place, opening up SOME businesses slowly & with tough guidelines. The Southern states seem to be still fighting the Civil War and are following the " leaders" who are also too stupid to know that being macho tells the rest of the world that you are an IGNORAMOUS! Ok, enough of that but I had to agree with the person who said America has a lot of stupid people and THAT is why we have over 3 million cases of Covid 19...that we know of!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2020 22:07

Kinayyyyyyy, there's that "staying relevant" crap again.

The newest phone is obsolete:

1. immediately after it's made
2. immediately after it's sold
3. six months after it's sold
4. as soon as the next model comes out

Any of those apply. That's a mentality.

Reality is a phone is not relevant when it stops working.

I have an S8Active. It's not "obsolete" because I don't care what some tech gobiot says about "staying relevant".

Date: July 9, 2020 04:30

So if you don't LIKE the word RELEVANT, try INTERESTING....Mick & the Stones will remain of interest to the masses...or at least to their fan base because they will put in the effort necessary.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: July 9, 2020 05:20

they will tour again and in 2021. Stop being a mouth breather and buying into the media fear spreading! Covid 19 mortality rate is very low, even for old and compromised. Hell, the flu could kill you or a traffic accident or a fall in the shower. Stop living in fear and live life!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 9, 2020 05:37

Hoping for another new Keith solo album as clearly they as a band can't get it together for a full album. Ghost Town is nice, but one original tune in almost a decade just doesn't cut it.
Meanwhile, seems they don't even care about a new album as they're content on putting their energy in releasing old stuff. Prolific Mick can write a million songs, but if they're never recorded or released, what does it matter?

EDIT: As for live shows, can't see it happening anytime soon unless they can do a livestream pay per view...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-09 06:02 by Hairball.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: July 9, 2020 19:53

This story is a little hard to believe considering I can’t even remember how many shows I’ve seen over the last nearly 50 years. My very first show was 1972 in Pittsburgh. The Exile Tour with Mick Taylor. Little did I know that would start a journey that may have ended last August in Miami. The ironic part of all this is they played Sweet Virginia in 1972 at that Pittsburgh show. From that time until the show last August in Miami I never heard it live again. Sweet Virginia has always been one of my favorite Stones songs. I remember over the years going to several shows on each tour and sometimes missing Sweet Virginia by one show.
Finally I got my wish and with it came a sadness that somehow told me this could really be the last show. None of us could have imagined what would come next as we bought our tickets for the 2020 No Filter Tour.
All we can do now is pray for a miracle to get the Stones back on the road.
Until that happens all we can do is cherish the memories we have gathered over the years.

Date: July 9, 2020 20:04

Regarding their future release wise ie being relevant, interesting, in the public eye etc, the last year nothing was released - studio or live LP, EP, single or video was, based on what seems to make sense, 1992.

There will certainly be more releases for quite sometime.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:09

longlongwinter
they will tour again and in 2021. Stop being a mouth breather and buying into the media fear spreading! Covid 19 mortality rate is very low, even for old and compromised. Hell, the flu could kill you or a traffic accident or a fall in the shower. Stop living in fear and live life!

Time for you to catch it and let us know how it went. Stupidity kills and you are surely showing symptoms.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:21

Okay, a wild guess: Continuation of re-issues. No more touring. Maybe a commemorative concert for invited only to round things up. In years to come. 30/70 chance of a last studio album.
Jagger will probably continue to release a track now and then. Maybe Ronnie does something with his old mates outside the band. (When he has time off from his art work).
That's it.

Date: July 9, 2020 22:23

Hairball, at least Mick knows enough NOT to release sub-par material. When he feels they're good enough to record & release, there will be a solo album...I hope. I'm NOT going to start that battle again about the value of his solo projects but I know I'm NOT alone in saying that I like most of his material. I still listen to " Wandering Spirit" ...." Evening Gown" is a great song and his version of " Sweet Thing" is another keeper. I do admit to not loving " Let's Work"...nope, that one I can skip!! LOL!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:02

Keith has been "trending" on Twitter all day.
Primarily because of the Depp pic, but also album release etc

Rock · Trending
Keith Richards
14.2K people are Tweeting about this

Hilarious to read some of the comments..
[twitter.com]

"Keith Richards is the only name I’ll ever see trending and not immediately think he’s dead. That dude is immortal."

"Keith Richards once got a tortoise for his birthday. He asked: "How old will it get". They told him: "About 300 years". He said:
"Now you see why I'm against it, you get attached to such an animal and then it dies."

"Usually when I see someone's name trending I immediately assumed the worst. Not with Keith Richards though.
I once saw a YouTube comment that said "For every cigarette you smoke, God takes a day off your life and gives it to Keith Richards.
But Robin Williams said it best..."

"When Keith Richards is trending not because he died, but simply because he's Keith @#$%& Richards...."

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 23:31

Stones are Mick band now.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 10, 2020 00:35

mickschix
Mick Jagger cannot SIT STILL for long! I agree with Bjornulf, the Stones will figure out a way to remain relevant. I'm sure Mick is planning something now..not sure what that might be but simply fading away is not their style. Obviously they've been working on new material, even though as Mick admitted, " Ghost Town" was written a couple of years ago...they've got material in the can...the question is when will they finish things up on the best stuff in the can? How much work do these bits of songs need to be ready for release? How can they all physically get together to work on them or will that even be necessary? Is Mick the only one who really cares? They've been promising an album of new material for a LONG TIME now..but the touring issue is a NON-ISSUE..it is not a possibility and won't be until this virus is under control and a vaccine is available...and I agree with whoever said the United States is full of STUPID PEOPLE! I see them every single day...the YAHOOS who brag about not wearing a mask and actually yell at those of us who tell them to put a mask on! The USA is full of dumb asses who pride themselves at being MACHO...they're NOT MACHO, they are just ignorant and these are the fools who are spreading the virus, keeping it alive. In the New England states where I live, it is more under control because our Governors have been working it every single day, putting very strict measures in place, opening up SOME businesses slowly & with tough guidelines. The Southern states seem to be still fighting the Civil War and are following the " leaders" who are also too stupid to know that being macho tells the rest of the world that you are an IGNORAMOUS! Ok, enough of that but I had to agree with the person who said America has a lot of stupid people and THAT is why we have over 3 million cases of Covid 19...that we know of!

I do agree with some points, we do have a lot of stupid people here, but as far as still fighting the civil war, outside of Atlanta, it seems most the racial riots are in the north.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 10, 2020 01:17

kovach
mickschix

I do agree with some points, we do have a lot of stupid people here, but as far as still fighting the civil war, outside of Atlanta, it seems most the racial riots are in the north.

A demonstration concerning human rights does not a riot make. There were very few riots. The majority of demonstrations were peaceful in nature with most of those participating wearing masks. Back to the dumb...what they're doing is making the virus hang on longer and do more damage both physically and fiscally. Monkey see. Monkey do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-10 01:18 by steffialicia.

Re: Enough Now! Dear Mick and Keith....
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2020 03:43

Gazza
Chacho
They can't get back on the road. We are in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.

Yes, they could do a "Tatoo You" type album.

In my opinion their song writing days are over with; judging from what they have released since "Steel Wheels". That's why they should stick to a "Tatoo You" type album.

Either that, or let "Blue and Lonesome" be their final album.

Just no. Theres a world of difference between putting vocal overdubs on songs that are 3-4 years old and putting them on songs that are 3-4 decades old.

OK, and not necessarily disagreeing with you but playing devil's advocate, in some respect that could also mean that seeing them in concert limit's the playlist to Blue and Lonesome, and MAYBE ABB.

Anything older than this century should be off the playlist, lest we get the material in Mick's 'old' voice.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 10, 2020 07:00

steffialicia
kovach
mickschix

A demonstration concerning human rights does not a riot make. There were very few riots. The majority of demonstrations were peaceful in nature with most of those participating wearing masks. Back to the dumb...what they're doing is making the virus hang on longer and do more damage both physically and fiscally. Monkey see. Monkey do.

Yes it's probably true very few bad people actually getting all the press. But statistics show crime is soaring which is my concern. Seems to defeat the purpose.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 11, 2020 13:45

All this brings up a question: are the major studios open for business?? Of course nowadays an album can be recorded in your bedroom but there is something special about certain rooms in certain studios.

Date: July 11, 2020 19:35

StonedAsiaExile
All this brings up a question: are the major studios open for business?? Of course nowadays an album can be recorded in your bedroom but there is something special about certain rooms in certain studios.

Not if you want it to sound good. Of course, yes, if you have good equipment.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 16, 2020 13:40

They will not tour until there is a covid-19 vaccine made available for the entire world's population. The Rolling Stones work with a crew from UK, USA and other places, and they would need to travel, eat and be served by "ordinaly people" which may or may not be carrying the virus. Trust science. Trust Dr Fauci. The coronavirus could be as bad as 1918 Spanish flu that killed 50 million people, and yet people talk about touring soon. No wonder the virus is out of control many places.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 16, 2020 14:32

bv
They will not tour until there is a covid-19 vaccine made available for the entire world's population. The Rolling Stones work with a crew from UK, USA and other places, and they would need to travel, eat and be served by "ordinaly people" which may or may not be carrying the virus. Trust science. Trust Dr Fauci. The coronavirus could be as bad as 1918 Spanish flu that killed 50 million people, and yet people talk about touring soon. No wonder the virus is out of control many places.

We can't indeed repeat that enough! My guess, not even an Olympics in 2021, let alone a Stones tour. Luckily they keep us busy with some recorded surprises cool smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 16, 2020 17:14

mickschix

Mickschix,
Curious as to where you live in NE? I'm in southwestern CT myself - indeed it was the very epicenter for the state during the peak, and yes, NE does seem to very much have things under control at the moment, but with all the stupidity, that could change almost overnight.

Date: July 17, 2020 20:54

People in Florida saying the numbers there are fake (the state was fudging numbers). Idiot governor has a new, DeathSantis.

Georgia governor refuses to mandate masks but says most recent thing "strongly suggests" people wear masks - another idiot running a state.

People (COVIDiots) emphatically saying masks don't work while... 2 people that had COVID still worked at their business and because the people that had it wore masks, none of the 139 or whatever customers got sick.

[www.boston.com]

The United States is the laughing stock of the world right now. Has been for a while.

I'm sure the Stones are not concerned about "their future" the way some people here are.

Date: July 17, 2020 21:08

Across the South, arrogance has been everywhere: people in Georgia acting like the virus is gone and hospitals are shipping people to other states. I keep seeing the same arrogance in Louisiana.

It's amazing. Amazingly stupefying. I'll take the GOATS HEAD SOUP for $500.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 17, 2020 21:31

I'd say they're fading away. I think they are now almost to the point where they won't be able to write their own ending. Future tours and a new album are unlikely. Based on my outside understanding of Keith, I think he will be happy to leave it open-ended and ride off into the sunset.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 17, 2020 22:41

bv

I don't think it is necessary or even helpful to repeat those unbased fears of yours over and over. May I remind you that we are far, very far away from those numbers of 1918..
The Stones will tour when they think it's Safe, agreed. But can we just wait and see when this will be, while all of us maintain the advised precautions, instead of talking wild guesses? I really enjoy this forum and all your shared knowledge and will do so in the future for sure. I just van not understand why you or anybody else would make comparisons over the lapse of a century, knowing that this World we are living in is not comparable to the early 20th century. And that is not even considering that we still know very little about the corona virus.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 18, 2020 00:51

longlongwinter

Easy for you. You must be under 65, never had cancer, or some other immune system compromise, asthma, or not care if your lungs, heart, and other organs are permanently damaged.

Date: July 18, 2020 00:52

daspyknows
longlongwinter

Time for you to catch it and let us know how it went. Stupidity kills and you are surely showing symptoms.

smileys with beer

Date: July 18, 2020 00:58

calipachangero
bv

I don't think it is necessary or even helpful to repeat those unbased fears of yours over and over. May I remind you that we are far, very far away from those numbers of 1918..
The Stones will tour when they think it's Safe, agreed. But can we just wait and see when this will be, while all of us maintain the advised precautions, instead of talking wild guesses? I really enjoy this forum and all your shared knowledge and will do so in the future for sure. I just van not understand why you or anybody else would make comparisons over the lapse of a century, knowing that this World we are living in is not comparable to the early 20th century. And that is not even considering that we still know very little about the corona virus.

It's hard not to be pessimistic when you live in the States and see what the lack of true leadership during this crisis has done to us. And it's repeated by sycophant governors who care little about the health of the voters they serve. I live in Los Angeles, a fairly progressive city. Yet, there are so many that won't wear masks I can't take a walk any time of day or night without encountering them. And I'm the one that has to cross the street to avoid them. Americans are stubborn, stupid, and won't listen to the medical professionals if they don't say what they want to hear.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 18, 2020 02:50

calipachangero
bv

We know enough about the coronavirus to know it is killing many people, it is not safe to congregate in large numbers and there is nothing imminent that will allow The Rolling Stones or other bands to tour. We are in the first quarter of the game and saying the 1918 pandemic is worse is premature. The likelihood of a bunch of octogenarians touring becomes less likely as time passes.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home