Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 26
Re: Enough Now! Dear Mick and Keith....
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2020 04:20

StonedAsiaExile
Just get back on the road.

not really in the drivers seat on that decision though are they?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 6, 2020 04:46

Polish up your best stuff (new or 30-40 years old) and release it ala Tattoo You.

Time waits for no one.......

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 6, 2020 05:28

they ought to...this is silly about waiting and waiting and endless waiting...The Stones surely have an extended EP they can put out that would be dynamite...LIGT was really good....and it was Clifford and Mick....come on now dudes...

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 6, 2020 05:36

Oh Brother

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: July 6, 2020 07:17

They can't get back on the road. We are in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.

Yes, they could do a "Tatoo You" type album.

In my opinion their song writing days are over with; judging from what they have released since "Steel Wheels". That's why they should stick to a "Tatoo You" type album.

Either that, or let "Blue and Lonesome" be their final album.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: July 6, 2020 07:41

There is so much on the table right now given the pandemic that the world is facing. New music would be nice. But this is the worst situation that I could have ever imagined in my lifetime. And a live performance, pleased to get back in circulation? I don’t think so. I’d continue to stay safe. And calm. We’ve a ways to go yet.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 6, 2020 08:52

KingmanBarstow
There is so much on the table right now given the pandemic that the world is facing. New music would be nice. But this is the worst situation that I could have ever imagined in my lifetime. And a live performance, pleased to get back in circulation? I don’t think so. I’d continue to stay safe. And calm. We’ve a ways to go yet.

Amen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2020 08:54

..... pretty sure they'll work it out their own way ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 6, 2020 09:57

guyrachel
Whatever is stopping you two(four) releasing whatever you've got, stop now, and start, get on with it, just stop putting the pressure on yourselves, letting the months drift into years, into decades, and release a short album of whatever you have RIGHT NOW, and then release the other stuff you're still working on a few months later...You'll feel so pleased to be back in circulation, get prolific in your elder years, but don't argue about it too much, just have the pleasure, as the creative beings you all are, and share whatever you have with us, warts and all!!!
And then HIRE the Royal Albert Hall, have a socially distanced audience in, play the WHOLE new album, do lots of old numbers, have lots of guests, and LIVE STREAM IT! NOW GO!
Put down the pipe...

Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2020 11:08

you mean like sewerage pipe or ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 6, 2020 12:57

Chacho
They can't get back on the road. We are in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.

In my opinion their song writing days are over with; judging from what they have released since "Steel Wheels". That's why they should stick to a "Tatoo You" type album.

Without knowing what material they have recorded recently, apart from " Living in a Ghost Town", but especially by virtue of that song, I would much rather prefer the Stones to release an album of those songs.

Re: Next years scenarios
Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: July 6, 2020 16:11

Chris Fountain
Pandemic will continue roll. Schools will be confused on how to educate Grades 1-12. Colleges will suffer. Sports will be at a stand still No college or pro Football - No college basketball. I think nothing will resemble normal again until 2022.

This is a huge mess. I think working parents with young children and senior citizens are impacted the most.

Hopefully, all can follow the simple CDC guidelines for disinfection. In other words, this pandemic is not going away unless we a all (world) give a shit and treat COVID -19 as the biggest threat to our happiness.

I know that you meant the highlighted one way, but this is a HUGE sticky point for any touring artists on the size of popularity of The Rolling Stones and trying to even think about touring in 2021.

Every league is trying to pivot and re-pivot, shuffle and re-invent any semblance of a season. Many are shifting their normal seasons or heavily discussing alternatives to different months than they normally play in.

So when NFL/NCAA stadiums are usually wide open in availability in spring or early summer, they might now have games being played, practices being held, etc

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 6, 2020 17:04

Chacho

Your opinion dismisses some really good/great songs because they have written some really good/great songs since STEEL WHEELS.

At this point, their last album is A BIGGER BANG and their last album is BLUE AND LONESOME.

Date: July 6, 2020 17:16

wonderboy
daspyknows
wonderboy
steffialicia
What does "popcorn" mean? It sounded as if it meant people might sit and eat popcorn while watching the numbers rise. Sort of like entertainment. Am I right? Have things gotten that bad or am I overreacting?

No, the 'popcorn' bit means get ready for a stupid and probably entertaining shit storm.

Watching people cram together at bars, rallies, beaches in hot zones does fit the bill. Not entertaining though, just sad.

Ah, now I see. It wasn't entertaining when Italians, French and New Yorkers died but now that it's in Texas and Florida that's somehow different.

The 'popcorn' bit, although usually expressed 'sit back and enjoy' has become a cultural translation of... well, "get ready for a stupid" sums it up.

The bit about the Italians, French and New Yorkers dying vs the Gulf Coast states? We know a lot more NOW than then yet people are purposely being stupid.

Gonna need a giant bag of popcorn.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 7, 2020 03:22

the best songwriting days are over yet they have a very large collection of outtakes, alternate versions, live, rare and instrumentals, so they could do what pink floyd done when they released the early years 1967-72 and the late years from 1985 onwards, also the immersion versions of albums like dark side, the wall and wish you were here, the stones could do similar. they have so much in the vaults, time to get them out.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 7, 2020 03:39

They could do like the Beatles did way back in 1995 and release an Anthology series...it's still not too late for something fantastic such as that.
Or do like the Beatles have done with the Deluxe versions of Sgt. Peppers, the White Album, and the most recent Abbey Road - Keith did it with Talk is Cheap tacking on some nice previously released bonus tracks.
Sadly, the days of playing LIVE seems a thing of the past at this point with Miami '19 probably being their last show ever in front of a live audience, but then again miracles can happen...never say never...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-07 03:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 7, 2020 03:40

buttons67
the best songwriting days are over yet they have a very large collection of outtakes, alternate versions, live, rare and instrumentals, so they could do what pink floyd done when they released the early years 1967-72 and the late years from 1985 onwards, also the immersion versions of albums like dark side, the wall and wish you were here, the stones could do similar. they have so much in the vaults, time to get them out.

Your right B67.............it's over although they could release new songs on the internet so now and then.........for me the just release the vaults there must be plenty out there

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 7, 2020 04:57

Do you think they made any money off of Living in a Ghost Town? I assume CD singles are a thing of the past. Streaming, iTunes, whatever, I am going to assume that they made peanuts. YouTube is 128 kbps, not great but tolerable. I don't stream music. From my perspective YouTube has made music free.

Considering that the deeper you go into the vaults the more hard-core the fan base is that would even consider buying new old stuff, I just don't see it happening.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have enough now, not expecting much more.

Date: July 7, 2020 09:01

MileHigh
Do you think they made any money off of Living in a Ghost Town? I assume CD singles are a thing of the past.

The only way to truly know is if the UPC gets scanned and the RIAA sees it. It wouldn't be surprising to guess that it might sell between 5000 and 10000 copies by the end of the year.

That's great for a small band.

It's unlikely the Stones will make any money from LIAGT at all but UMe will make... whatever they make. At this point it shouldn't be about the money because let's say it did sell well - gazillions of copies and UMe makes their money back; probably still pales to playing one stadium show.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 7, 2020 12:34

GasLightStreet
MileHigh
Do you think they made any money off of Living in a Ghost Town? I assume CD singles are a thing of the past.

The only way to truly know is if the UPC gets scanned and the RIAA sees it. It wouldn't be surprising to guess that it might sell between 5000 and 10000 copies by the end of the year.

That's great for a small band.

It's unlikely the Stones will make any money from LIAGT at all but UMe will make... whatever they make. At this point it shouldn't be about the money because let's say it did sell well - gazillions of copies and UMe makes their money back; probably still pales to playing one stadium show.

It was a great publicity opportunity to get themselves back in the headlines as one of the first well known bands to release a lockdown-related single. It did that job brilliantly for whatever it cost to release it. Whether it made any money is sort of beside the point.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2020 16:42

The Rolling Stones have the world's best PR people and also they are world class musicians working with world class music industry experts, including their Band 2 support members on stage. I am sure they will be relevant in the years to come, may be not live on stage, but they will find a way to release new music, for sure.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 7, 2020 16:56

Always great to get a post from BV! Hope you and your family are safe and healthy.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 7, 2020 17:17

When the future will be a future without a living Rolling Stones, who'll be the Vaults' gate keeper ? Don Was or a UMG conglomerate of suit$ calculators in hand?A will written by Mick dictating the commercial moves to be made?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: vlaci66 ()
Date: July 7, 2020 19:19

Next tour will be in Eastern Europe.smiling smiley
there is no pandemic in Hungary,( 2-10 new case daily..) thumbs up

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 7, 2020 19:26

50 Year anniversary edition of Exile On Main Street in 2022...

I hope that the Deluxe 50 Year Anniversary Edition includes a copy of the book "Exile On 42nd Street" !

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 7, 2020 21:55

schillid

50 Year anniversary edition of Exile On Main Street in 2022...

48 Year anniversary edition of Exile On Main Street in 2020 .... "Exile On 21 Tracks" - [www.HighResAudio.com] - only genuine by Universal Music. winking smiley

Date: July 7, 2020 22:30

I hope The Stones can release a show live In Russia or Hawaii too maybe

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 8, 2020 00:03

'66 in Hawaii is short but good!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2020 00:26

For sure this virus put an end to their strategy since decades: The never ending tour. The release of the single "Living in a Ghost Town" made it possible for them to make a mark in 2020's also.
If ever a so slightly one. I guess that was important for them.

Date: July 8, 2020 01:09

TumblinDice76
'66 in Hawaii is short but good!
Agreethumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home