Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 26
Re: Next years scenarios
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 4, 2020 19:02

I don't worry so much about that. In a way they were done years ago. Some say decades ago. I'm actually more worried about this forum.
For how long will BV keep it up if nothing more (RS stuff) happens?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 4, 2020 19:21

Stoneage
I don't worry so much about that. In a way they were done years ago. Some say decades ago. I'm actually more worried about this forum.

Opine only

There will always be memories and references. This forum, thankfully is driven by the readers. We can worry when that time comes. Hopefully no time soon. We simply need to know the Pandemic end date .. Hard to answer. This is the main question for the world itself.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 4, 2020 20:26

BN78
GasLightStreet
powerage78
Just an opinion... in 2020.

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
My modest (even miserable) opinion is that Keith can no longer - or no longer want to compose. Mick yes, and prolifically ... Living In A Ghost Town is a 90% Mick song ...

What are you basing your opinion on?

It's easy to have an opinion, but to obtain knowledge - not so easy.

Are you saying that Jordan wrote Crosseyed Heart? Just so I understand where you're coming from smiling smiley

CH was a double album, with 3 or 4 songs from 2002 + 2 covers.

It's way more likely, imo, that the problem has to do with HOW they write their songs - the working methods.

2020 is the year of opinion.

No facts required.

So far there's only one new song and it sounds like Keith is still into composing.

I've got popcorn for the massive death numbers that will happen in the US later this year. It's possible the virus will die itself out.

"popcorn" ?? that's massively insensitive no matter where you live

It's just an observation about the morons of the world acting like they're impervious: they willingly not wear a mask, tout fake news as their "science" and jeopardize society.

And there you are finding "popcorn" massively insensitive instead.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2020 20:37

GasLightStreet
BN78
GasLightStreet
powerage78

DandelionPowderman
powerage78
My modest (even miserable) opinion is that Keith can no longer - or no longer want to compose. Mick yes, and prolifically ... Living In A Ghost Town is a 90% Mick song ...

Are you saying that Jordan wrote Crosseyed Heart? Just so I understand where you're coming from smiling smiley

It's way more likely, imo, that the problem has to do with HOW they write their songs - the working methods.

No facts required.

So far there's only one new song and it sounds like Keith is still into composing.

I've got popcorn for the massive death numbers that will happen in the US later this year. It's possible the virus will die itself out.

It's just an observation about the morons of the world acting like they're impervious: they willingly not wear a mask, tout fake news as their "science" and jeopardize society.

What's so sad is the number of completely innocent people, that have been careful will still get caught up in it because of the large number that aren't 'getting it' quite yet.

Not sure what has to happen before there is a bit more of an awakening.

Date: July 4, 2020 20:44

11,000+ in Florida!!!!!!!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 4, 2020 20:49

GasLightStreet
11,000+ in Florida!!!!!!!

I'm in Florida and I'm horrified. Today, when I went food shopping, 98% of the people were wearing masks. Hopefully the reality is sinking in but of course, the 2% that didn't wear masks could have set off more cases.

Date: July 4, 2020 21:07

treaclefingers
What's so sad is the number of completely innocent people, that have been careful will still get caught up in it because of the large number that aren't 'getting it' quite yet.

That's what is so INFURIATING about these flag wavers making it very clear that wearing a mask is bad!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 4, 2020 23:17

I am a firm believer in the laws of Darwinism.

jb

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 4, 2020 23:22

.... dont like laws
just love ta break 'em ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 4, 2020 23:24

Certain laws catch up with you.

jb

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 4, 2020 23:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-05 00:42 by Koen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 5, 2020 00:31

you mean Olivia Newtons Law ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 5, 2020 00:36

Stoneage

I wouldn't worry, the Led Zeppelin forums weren't even started until years after the band's demise and are still going strong. (I can't speak for bv and his wishes, of course, but I'm quite sure there will always be Stones forums.)

Date: July 5, 2020 16:17

Pandemic will continue roll. Schools will be confused on how to educate Grades 1-12. Colleges will suffer. Sports will be at a stand still No college or pro Football - No college basketball. I think nothing will resemble normal again until 2022.

This is a huge mess. I think working parents with young children and senior citizens are impacted the most.

Hopefully, all can follow the simple CDC guidelines for disinfection. In other words, this pandemic is not going away unless we a all (world) give a shit and treat COVID -19 as the biggest threat to our happiness.

Date: July 5, 2020 16:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-05 17:01 by Koen.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: July 5, 2020 17:30

GasLightStreet
BN78
GasLightStreet
powerage78

DandelionPowderman
powerage78

No facts required.

I'm totally agreeing with your impervious remarks and the how its jeopardizing society - 100%

Your "popcorn" comment as it reads plainly (to me) still seems insensitive. I don't want anyone dying mate...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 5, 2020 18:19

What's the matter, Koen? You erase everything you write. How are we supposed to comment on a blank spot?

Date: July 5, 2020 18:29

Yeah... started a reply, but then didn't want to get involved in an endless discussion. I’ve said what I wanted to say in another thread and leave it there. But you did get a couple gratuitous periods. smoking smiley

Date: July 5, 2020 19:21

Rockman

you mean Olivia Newtons Law ????

Of "Let's Get Physics-al"?

Date: July 5, 2020 19:51

BN78
Your "popcorn" comment as it reads plainly (to me) still seems insensitive. I don't want anyone dying mate...

There might be a bit of a misunderstanding with the "popcorn" bit. It's a kind of sub-cultural observation about how things are so screwed up... you've heard the expression "drank the kool-aid" - it's kind of like that.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 5, 2020 20:09

What does "popcorn" mean? It sounded as if it meant people might sit and eat popcorn while watching the numbers rise. Sort of like entertainment. Am I right? Have things gotten that bad or am I overreacting?

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 5, 2020 20:33

steffialicia
What does "popcorn" mean? It sounded as if it meant people might sit and eat popcorn while watching the numbers rise. Sort of like entertainment. Am I right? Have things gotten that bad or am I overreacting?

No, the 'popcorn' bit means get ready for a stupid and probably entertaining shit storm.

Date: July 5, 2020 20:54

wonderboy
steffialicia

No, the 'popcorn' bit means get ready for a stupid and probably entertaining shit storm.

I kind of think that's what she said.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 5, 2020 22:00

wonderboy
steffialicia

Watching people cram together at bars, rallies, beaches in hot zones does fit the bill. Not entertaining though, just sad.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 5, 2020 22:37

treaclefingers
wonderboy
steffialicia

I kind of think that's what she said.

Ah, now I see. It wasn't entertaining when Italians, French and New Yorkers died but now that it's in Texas and Florida that's somehow different.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 5, 2020 22:49

This thread is sad.
Fatalities, greed and popcorn.

Date: July 5, 2020 22:50

‘Popcorn’ usually refers to observing online discussions that have a tendency to get out of control.

Date: July 5, 2020 22:54

The Internet Popcorn Syndicate is run by the notorious Orville Redenbacher. smiling smiley

Enough Now! Dear Mick and Keith....
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: July 6, 2020 02:15

Whatever is stopping you two(four) releasing whatever you've got, stop now, and start, get on with it, just stop putting the pressure on yourselves, letting the months drift into years, into decades, and release a short album of whatever you have RIGHT NOW, and then release the other stuff you're still working on a few months later...You'll feel so pleased to be back in circulation, get prolific in your elder years, but don't argue about it too much, just have the pleasure, as the creative beings you all are, and share whatever you have with us, warts and all!!!
And then HIRE the Royal Albert Hall, have a socially distanced audience in, play the WHOLE new album, do lots of old numbers, have lots of guests, and LIVE STREAM IT! NOW GO!

Re: Enough Now! Dear Mick and Keith....
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 6, 2020 04:03

Just get back on the road.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home