Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 26
Next years scenarios
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 27, 2020 12:18

In two years there will be 60th Anniversary...What are in your opinion next 2/3 years scenarios?!North American gigs rescheduled (maybe) for 2022...I think in the best scenario that we could have new album next year in the fall (this year there will be "Goats" Deluxe and Atlantic City too...) and then a North American/European Tour in 2022/2023 with 2/3 final gigs in London...This is my prediction and my hope...

Re: Next years scenarios
Date: June 28, 2020 04:42

They passed over 55 years without a mention, but 60 is a bigger milestone and surely should be celebrated. I think its a bit too early to be making specific plans but if they could bring back Wyman and Taylor for some London shows that would be sweet to go full circle.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: June 28, 2020 06:34

As long as they come back...this is my prayer. One more time. Please.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 28, 2020 10:06

BitchKeepsBitchin
They passed over 55 years without a mention, but 60 is a bigger milestone and surely should be celebrated. I think its a bit too early to be making specific plans but if they could bring back Wyman and Taylor for some London shows that would be sweet to go full circle.

Wyman moaned about the way he was treated in 2012 so I doubt this. And is he immortal? I think he'll be 86 won't he? Taylor would be great but I thought he was along for the ride in 2012/13 for insurance purposes in case something happened to Keith or Ron

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 28, 2020 10:12

We's all gotta get to this coming New Years first .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 28, 2020 15:46

kv2915
As long as they come back...this is my prayer. One more time. Please.

Yes.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2020 17:06

If they can tour again in 2021 (and right now thats a VERY big 'IF') I'd expect them to play the North American shows that should have happened this year and then play Europe in summer 2022. The usual formula. Both those tours could just as easily be pushed back another year or maybe not happen at all. I wouldnt be surprised if they never tour again the way things are at the minute.

I wouldnt expect any other tours in that timeframe and I wouldnt expect any after it either.

GHS reissue in September. New studio album? Well.. who knows...I hope to hell theyre not holding it back to coincide with a tour because that would be pointless.

I think the Wyman/Taylor ship has sailed for good. I cant envisage Bill playing with them again and whilst I suppose they could invite Mick back for a couple of guest appearances, I doubt it'll happen. The derisory way he was underused last time he played with them was one of the most wasted opportunities of their entire career

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2020 17:27

Gazza
The derisory way he was underused last time he played with them was one of the most wasted opportunities of their entire career

Agree. It was almost an insult. I guess he (Taylor) really needed the money. Bill didn't.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: June 28, 2020 17:32

Gazza
If they can tour again in 2021 (and right now thats a VERY big 'IF') I'd expect them to play the North American shows that should have happened this year and then play Europe in summer 2022. The usual formula. Both those tours could just as easily be pushed back another year or maybe not happen at all. I wouldnt be surprised if they never tour again the way things are at the minute.

I wouldnt expect any other tours in that timeframe and I wouldnt expect any after it either.

GHS reissue in September. New studio album? Well.. who knows...I hope to hell theyre not holding it back to coincide with a tour because that would be pointless.

I think the Wyman/Taylor ship has sailed for good. I cant envisage Bill playing with them again and whilst I suppose they could invite Mick back for a couple of guest appearances, I doubt it'll happen. The derisory way he was underused last time he played with them was one of the most wasted opportunities of their entire career

Good to see the "Gazza" pulse check... I'm hoping you're well and good in these crazy times and I also hope you're right about '20/'21 thumbs up

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 28, 2020 18:26

I think the timing of a future tour (assuming the band remain healthy) depends on a CV-19 vaccine being available, and rolled-out widely. Without that there is the risk of a serious CV-19 flare-up anywhere in any country that is not totally isolated from the rest of the world. It could be in any city. Even in countries hit hard this year like Italy, only 15-20% of the population has immunity.

So mass "gatherings" like gigs for 50,000 will not be possible, and anyone "older" would be crazy to travel around meeting hundreds of new people due to the high mortality risk. And can you imagine getting travel and health insurance let alone "tour/gig cancellation" insurance for the Band and Crew?

When there is a vaccine, I'm agreeing: finish NO Filter USA, then Europe (maybe as a finale). Timing depends on weather - so not summer/hurricane season in the USA (like last year...) and not winter anywhere. Maybe October/November 2021 in the USA and May/June 2022 in Europe?

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 28, 2020 18:54

Positive speculation. thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2020 19:35

Personally? I don't care about the tours. I think they have toured enough. I think it would be high time for a last album though. That would be something.
And listening to albums is quite safe from a virological standpoint. Unless you do it in groups...

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: June 28, 2020 20:26

Stoneage
Personally? I don't care about the tours. I think they have toured enough. I think it would be high time for a last album though. That would be something.
And listening to albums is quite safe from a virological standpoint. Unless you do it in groups...

Exactly about the touring. I realize this is a fan board but I don't understand the continued zeal for them touring. I am assuming everyone posting their extreme desire for them to tour has probably seen them multiple times since 2012. Mick is 76 about to turn 77. So we are talking about a 78-year-old Mick Jagger singing Miss You and Satisfaction? Not for me. The "real" Mick Jagger toured the US when he was 28, not 78.

One more album and three nights at Royal Albert Hall in 2021. That's the end of the line and the rolling stops, IMO.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: June 28, 2020 21:01

I think we depending on Keiths playing ability we could see a three guitar lineup with Mick Taylor as the third guitarist.

I would not rule out a similar Bill Wyman appearance like back in 2012 either butI doubt it.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 28, 2020 23:17

No vaccine, no tour. I honestly believe it’s as simple as that. These guys are in their late 70s with youngster Ronnie 73. Until there’s a reliable vaccine with tolerable or no side effects then these guys would be foolish to tour.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: June 28, 2020 23:21

MisterO
I think we depending on Keiths playing ability we could see a three guitar lineup with Mick Taylor as the third guitarist.

I would not rule out a similar Bill Wyman appearance like back in 2012 either butI doubt it.

You're not serious are you? Where did you come up with that?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 28, 2020 23:36

...yeah and if ya serious ...what about Blondie too

ROCKMAN

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 28, 2020 23:58

Gazza

A sound analysis ! thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 29, 2020 03:11

I dream of a double album and accompanying DVD of them performing all the new songs live. I know that's not going to happen, but I can dream!

I have no clue as to what is going to happen with concerts in this new world of social distancing. Their ages and health conditions might play a larger part in the decision of whether to tour or not.

It looks to me more and more like the new album won't arrive until 2022 for the 60th anniversary, if it arrives at all. There's little reason not to piggyback on what will inevitably be massive free publicity accompanying the 60th anniversary. I'd be surprised if the new album came out before then, even though I would be the last person in the world disappointed if they dropped it tomorrow.

So, I predict that next year will be quiet publicly and most of the time will be spent working behind the scenes prepping for the album and the anniversary in 2022. In 2021 the Stones will tape more interviews of their recollections and film a bunch of music videos featuring hot young celebrities driving around empty streets. They'll probably clean out the last of whatever's left in the vault as well, maybe another joint best of collection.

Honestly it seems to me the last thing on the list would seem to be finally producing a big-budget official biopic ala Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman. It's something I don't think will happen in Mick & Keith's lifetimes, but I just suggest it as what seems to me to be the logical next step.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 29, 2020 03:38

>a big-budget official biopic ala Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman.

I sure hope I die before I get old.

jb

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: June 29, 2020 04:51

Cooltoplady
MisterO

You're not serious are you? Where did you come up with that?

Just speculation. Seeing as it was done once before I would not rule it out.

I rather see MT than Blondi

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 29, 2020 05:29

Surely they've taken this involuntary down time to finish the never ending album. Charlie could be almost 80 by the time we next see them live. (If we're lucky with a vaccine). It's time to start thinking about the final go round. If that is in their plans, I would think they'd add dates to the North American Tour. (That sweet new football (American style) stadium is just waiting for them to play it).

Plus, it took Keith five or six years to get up to passable playing when they came back in 2012. He could have the same layoff problems.

This extra time also gives Mick time to work on some Vault related project. I guess the GHS reissue was already in the works. And I don't think an Atlantic City '89 DVD/Blu Ray would require much from him. I guess he'll never work on ABKCO era projects. This would a fantastic time to put together a Rewind style video compilation. Tweak the videos. Improve the sound. Can't wait.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 29, 2020 05:36

Gazza is right.

Wyman? HA HA. No. That won't happen.

Taylor? Well, one never knows with that. But probably not.

Tour? If the Stones aren't touring will anyone else be? Probably not.

This whole thing will obviously take some time for things to be figured out regarding the virus. That is the biggest thing for who knows how long, the next 5 years at least.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 29, 2020 11:54

MileHigh
Stoneage

Exactly about the touring. I realize this is a fan board but I don't understand the continued zeal for them touring. I am assuming everyone posting their extreme desire for them to tour has probably seen them multiple times since 2012. Mick is 76 about to turn 77. So we are talking about a 78-year-old Mick Jagger singing Miss You and Satisfaction? Not for me. The "real" Mick Jagger toured the US when he was 28, not 78.

One more album and three nights at Royal Albert Hall in 2021. That's the end of the line and the rolling stops, IMO.

Yeah, there's going to have be a "last time" for everything so if this is it they will have maintained the "illusion", like nothing's changed since we first saw them, be it 1969 for some, 1981, 1990, 2012, etc...for others. Sure, it they play London again I'll line up but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 29, 2020 13:29

A few more From The Vaults releases, maybe even that neverending album will get released. But I doubt we'll see any touring from bands in this age group. What with the virus barely under control in some countries and kicking off again in others, any tour (and having to cancel it again) has almost 0% chance of happening.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 29, 2020 13:39

Father Ted
A few more From The Vaults releases, maybe even that neverending album will get released. But I doubt we'll see any touring from bands in this age group. What with the virus barely under control in some countries and kicking off again in others, any tour (and having to cancel it again) has almost 0% chance of happening.

Yup. Agreed, the Spanish Flu pandemic lasted three years or more. My state of Florida is getting worse.

"It's gettin, It's gettin, It's gettin kinda hectic"

Source: I've Got the Power - Snap

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 29, 2020 13:51

- First we need a vaccine that is approved for covid-19.
- Then we need enough people to take it.
- Then we need to wait half a year to see all the side effects (re n1h1 swine / bird flu vaccine)
- Then Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie need to feel safe about touring, and take the vaccine
- Then they need a promoter and an insurance company to back the tour

I am ready whenever they are ready, but the corona virus is not done, in fact USA is having the largest numbers per day so far as we speak. It will take a while, a long long long while. Probably years. Meanwhile, they all get older.

I am sure we will hear more from them, but they need to protect themselves from the virus, and that is not easy, really.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-29 13:52 by bv.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 29, 2020 14:01

this....the USA is having the largest numbers per day so far this week.....we aren't (truly) following CDC guidelines..

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 29, 2020 14:26

Rip This
this....the USA is having the largest numbers per day so far this week.....we aren't (truly) following CDC guidelines..

In the area of my residence only 50% of folks are wearing masks. We need everyone to participate in CDC guidelines or this will go on for several years. No Sports, concerts, etc... is no way to live a life.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 29, 2020 15:57

bv
- First we need a vaccine that is approved for covid-19.
- Then we need enough people to take it.
- Then we need to wait half a year to see all the side effects (re n1h1 swine / bird flu vaccine)
- Then Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie need to feel safe about touring, and take the vaccine
- Then they need a promoter and an insurance company to back the tour

I am ready whenever they are ready, but the corona virus is not done, in fact USA is having the largest numbers per day so far as we speak. It will take a while, a long long long while. Probably years. Meanwhile, they all get older.

I am sure we will hear more from them, but they need to protect themselves from the virus, and that is not easy, really.

I'm trying to remain optimistic but I'm afraid your probably right. Even some of the vaccines are said to be of the 2-shot variety meaning you have to take them months apart to be fully effective, maybe as much as 6. And even then it could take a few weeks to fully kick in.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home