Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 26
The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 13:17

Can you think of any band that has continued for more than 50 years? This band was formed in around 1962 and continued till 2019? All the bands of 60s been broken up at around 70s, however this band has passed all the eras. The eras of blues and rock and roll to eras of disco. This band was formed by 5 young British boys. Mick Jagger, a flamboyant singer, Keith Richards a stylish guitarist, Brian Jones a slide guitar, Charlie Watts the drummer and the majestic bass Bill Wyman.

After death of Brian, came the killer guitarist Mick Taylor, who has transformed the STONES to different level. Then came the faces guitarist Ronnie Wood in 1975.
I must say all the albums of STONES right form their first album to there last Bigger Bang are great. And all the live shows of the STONES are awesome. There can never be a frontman like Mick Jagger or guitarist like Keith and Ronnie and Taylor. Although Taylor left many many years back but his contributions is unforgotten. There last show in 2019 was nothing but great.

LONG LIVE STONES, AND LET THEY ENJOY RETIRED LIFE. We shall miss them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 15:17 by bv.

Re: THE ROLLING STONES
Date: April 5, 2020 13:25

Retired life?

You're right about them being great, though smiling smiley

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 14:59

hello, it almost seems like a farewell post, which is all over ..... we fans also miss the stones ... much more of them to us ... they can't be without going on the road .... a life on the road .... no tour 2020 ..no tour 2021 ... but certainly the big tour in 2022

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:10

The Beach Boys (albeit with less original members) have continued about as long as the Stones. Whatever you think of Mike Love, he has been in the band the whole time. The Zombies have been around almost as long. Same with the Who. There's probably a few more. I only listed bands with at least one major member still active in the group. The Stones do have the largest percentage of original members. Not including Stu in that formula.

Re: The Rolling Stones and their future
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:18

Golden Earring (I'm not a fan though but still).

They originally formed in 1961 and have had a constant line up of four, for the past 50 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 15:57 by SomeGuy.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:41

pftw04
This band was formed by 5 young British boys. Mick Jagger, a flamboyant singer, Keith Richards a stylish guitarist, Brian Jones a slide guitar, Charlie Watts the drummer and the majestic bass Bill Wyman.

Actually Bill was already pretty old when he joined them grinning smiley

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 16:15

they often ask me, why do you love stones so much, have you seen 23 concerts, as long as you love them more than your mother ..... there are no answers to certain questions ... and even if it were, you wouldn't understand ...

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 17:34

I'd be very surprised if they continued touring after this.

my thoughts go immediately to Charlie...he's the oldest and a cancer survivor. Both of those are Red Flags in this Corona-Era....knock on wood, of course.

I don't see Corona "disappearing" (I personally think it will become "seasonal" like the Regular Flu and we'll have greater resistance)

If that turns out to be true, I'd be very surprised if he'd be willing to take such risks moving forward.

and I hope there are no plans for "replacing ANY of the Big Four" for ANY reason - Mick and Keef can't be replaced, for one, and to replace Ron or Charlie would be sacrilege at this point.....IMO.

I'm OUT for any "Stones" that doesn't have the Big Four, that's for sure.

I hope I'm wrong...

this sux....but, there are far worse things in the world and I am a very lucky fella to have seen them 16 times.

Long live Cirkus Stockholm....Best. Show. Ever.

Date: April 5, 2020 18:17

They did already receive the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1987, and that basically says: your career was great, but happy retirement. So anything after 1987 was really a gift.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: April 5, 2020 18:29

Of course they continue...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 18:41

DandelionPowderman
Retired life?

You're right about them being great, though smiling smiley

Indeed! Retired life??? It's all so simple ... (The) Rolling Stones gather no moss! Only a solid frontal collision (can't think of one yet) could stop them.
They did have several collisions (1967 to start with. Not mentioning near electrocution ...), but well, the band is still around in a way no other band (even the mentioned Beach Boys or the Who, who were "dead" at some point for a decade and more) is/was. Come on, Mr. Corona is a (okay, a very, very nasty one) virus and will be "forgotten" in a couple of years (who talks about SARS these days?). As long as it stays away from the band members, there is still a future for the Rolling Stones, even as a live entity. Why? Even stones2 can't tell you smileys with beer

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 5, 2020 20:33

ZZ Top – exactly the same line up since 1969

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: April 5, 2020 23:06

I nominate you for Fan Club president.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 23:41

For me it feels like we have to say good bye to live performances of the Stones. May be I am wrong.
I have seen them about 26 times since 1982 and their Music was always a gift to me. Since I listened to them at my uncles place in the 60s, when I was a real child.
The swinging and rocking soundtrack of my life. I always listened to other bands and different music a lot. But they are the most continious part of my music life. I do play the guitar and sing. My repertoire is about 160 songs and of these about 60 Stones numbers. What a pleasure to play and sing them!
And I still learn and discover new things in their catalogue. Of course its important to focus on other music as well...realy.
They gave so much pleasure, so much fun and joy to my life.
THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 00:05

And how giftet we are since they started again touring in 2012! I saw them again 2014 in Berlin, 2017 in Hamburg and 2018 in Berlin. Three very different Stones shows and I left all of these with a big smile.
2014 they played at the Waldbuehne. This Arena is unice! What a sound! And the space I had to dance and scream arround was great! For Rock Concerts they sell about 22 000 tickets and for classic nearly 40 000! And it was a real hot midsummer night. And of course it was great to hear Mick Taylor playing on Midnight Rambler...
Hamburg 2017 was very special. I had not seen an opening show of a rour since then. And of course I they were not playing like in the middle of a tour but it was an intensive experience to see them playing a premiere show. They were a bit nervous and this was a very human experience. I did play about 1000 times on stage as an actot and I do know very well, what a premiere show means to play.And they played a couple of rare numbers. Great to see them beeing coragous and trying some uncertan things.
And then Berlin 2018. The middle of a great tour. They played very tough, upfront, aggressive and powerfull. Wow! Even the numbets, which I didn't like listening live anymore like Paint it black, Sympathy, Briwn Sugar etc. sounded fresh and Keith was so tough and pla he playd great solos.
Remembering all this and of course the other 23 shows I am fine if its coming to an end.
Again:
THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: April 6, 2020 00:21

I think after this, they will carpe diem and defy the odds.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 6, 2020 00:26

pftw04

After death of Brian, came the killer guitarist Mick Taylor, who has transformed the STONES to different level.

Methinks the Stones were already at that different level beginning with Jumpin' Jack Flash, then Beggars Banquet and the bulk of Let It Bleed recorded even before Taylor came on board,

I like Mick Taylor, but he was just one facet of the group at a high point.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2020 00:56

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 7, 2020 06:40

loog droog
pftw04

After death of Brian, came the killer guitarist Mick Taylor, who has transformed the STONES to different level.

Methinks the Stones were already at that different level beginning with Jumpin' Jack Flash, then Beggars Banquet and the bulk of Let It Bleed recorded even before Taylor came on board,

excellent, very true.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 7, 2020 07:05

loog droog
pftw04

thumbs up

Date: April 7, 2020 10:46

MingSubu
loog droog
pftw04

thumbs up

You mention JJF, but, if I remember correctly, according to Bill Wyman, apart from himself Brian had some original input there. Knowing the band from almost the beginning, I would rather say that they gradually evolved, obviously infected by social movements like FlowerPower, etc and with the arrival of Mick Taylor they made a jump forward ...smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 7, 2020 10:52

Deep Purple was formed in 1968 and they're making new music.

Date: April 7, 2020 10:55

Topi
Deep Purple was formed in 1968 and they're making new music.

The DP fans had to wait a long, long time for that, so concerning the Stones, it's only a "little" patience they ask from us winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 7, 2020 11:08

A long time ?! The previous album was released in 2017 and the one before that in 2013 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 7, 2020 15:25

Would this be the final Stones shot? The bow after the Miami show?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2020 15:34

No.

Date: April 7, 2020 15:39

I'm sure the Stones will do more things. There's still an album in the pipeline for which they did some recording sesions between the tours.

Date: April 7, 2020 18:45

50 and Counting....

The Who
America
Deep Purple
ZZ Top
Jethro Tull
Golden Earring
King Crimson
Yes (sort of)

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: April 7, 2020 19:36

stones2
they often ask me, why do you love stones so much, have you seen 23 concerts, as long as you love them more than your mother ..... there are no answers to certain questions ... and even if it were, you wouldn't understand ...

I tell people its like heroin for your ears, you get hooked and want more and more. I then tell them I like Open G brand the best....

Seriously, it'd about capturing moments, energy and community wile at a show.
It's about vibrations, I guess mine is the same as Open G.

When I took my spouse to her first show last year, she turned to me during Miss You and said:
"I get it..."

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 7, 2020 20:48

I wrote it ten years ago: Go to the studio twice a year and record all those traditional blues tracks from Charlie Patton, Son House, Robert Johnson etc. mixed with own blues tracks newly written. It would be the best way to get older and older without losing your dignity. Quit the desperate Best of-Tours, though it brings a lot of money. But musically it is worthless. There are many of better cover bands on tour ... The advantage is: We have two new albums per annum till the end ...

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home